• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 976 Views, 113 Comments

The Light of the Past - MisterShiningSword



Sunny and her friends found a locket that magically called the spirits of old.

  • ...
1
 113
 976

A New Mission-Chapter 8

The spirits, Izzy and Blooming Flowers went to a abandoned house. The house had board nailed to it, the roof was shattered into pieces, and the door's lock was as broken as a eggshell.

To say the inside was bad is an understatement! It was covered in moss, muck, and dirt. The furniture was ragged and dirty. The wallpaper was peeling off and some floor boards are either broken or missing. And in a velvet sofa lies the sleepy filly.

Timid then woke up and then got scared out of her wits. Blooming then calmed her down. "Shshsh, It's okay, they're my friends." softly said Blooming.

"Do you get any food?" asked Timid.

"Yes, here it is."

Blooming then gave her some juicy apples and bread. Timid ate them faster then a bear.

"Thanks, Blooming!" she said enthusiastically.

"You're welcome."

"Wow, this place is..." Applejack said before being interrupted by Blooming.

"Messy, I know."

Blooming then explained her history, "This was my parents home, they were great businessponies until they went to debt. They left to find money to provide for us, but have not returned ever since."

"We can attest to that, our parents went to Vanhoover to take care of some 'business' but never returned." Applejack and Apple trying to hold the tears back.

"Sorry for that, mates."

"No worries, Blooming."

"LET'S GET YOU AND YOUR SISTER YOUR CUTIE MARKS!!!" Apple Bloom shouted as they went outside.


As they were walking back. Cozy observed them closely, "Ooohhh Golly, what might happen next to the little 'heroes'?" Cozy then thought of a brilliant plan as smirked.


Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Silverstream, Smolder, Mage Meadowbrook, and Mistmane were called outside the Lighthouse to meet the Applejack and the others.

"Ugh, WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!!!" Dash annoyingly whinned.

"Rainbow Dash, you know we are not as fast as you, so wait!" demanded Rarity.

"Fine!!"

Applejack and the other came, "Sorry for the delay we happen to get some unexpected attention."

"Wow,..." Fluttershy said before being added by Silverstream. "They are so cute!!!"

Blooming and Timid blushed as Bloom said, "Would you help them find their cutie marks with me?"

"Meh, We'd be honored." Smolder shrugged

They started on the quest, Smolder and Dash tried for racing but it didn't really go so well, Silverstream suggested swimming but didn't fare any better. Meadowbrook thought about potion making but it kinda blew up in their face. Fluttershy asked about animal caring but didn't really work well. Mistmane said something about gardening.

"Whoo, this is exhausting." Blooming said.

"It is tiring but it will be worth the effort." Mistmane said.


Meanwhile

The others have finished planting and then the mane (get the pun, sorry, i'll stop horsing around hahahaha!!!) event.

Timid then got her cutie mark. it was a flower in a plant pot. "I got my cutie mark, sis."

"Of course you did, Timid.", she then turned to Apple Bloom, "I am joining Mrs. Bloom, and one question, Does your business have any prices?"

"Businesspony, I suppose?"

"Yeah, didn't gone well. And before you ask, I grant a 99% discount to poor fillies."

"Thanks, and call me Apple Bloom, or Bloom if you want." Apple Bloom then whispered to herself, "You did remind me of Scrooge McDuck sometimes."

"Who?!"

"Nothin'"

As they celebrated, A certain princess was looking over the distance.


I was a pony with naval blue coat and light yellow mane. I also have black eyes and a cutie mark in form of a scroll and shield.

"You know you can't keep this secret forever." I said to Twilight.

"I know but what if they leave."

"You know time and time again that they won't by any stretch."

"But I betrayed Equestria's Loyalty, wasn't Honest with them, not Generous with detail, not acted Kind to them in their greatest need, I didn't even make them Laugh. I just..." Twilight said before sobbing down to tears.

"That's because you were sorrowful, clinging to the past..."

"Says the General of the Gods who still embraced traditions back then that almost harmed us all."

"And I still hate myself for it."

"It's just...." she stuttered for a moment

"Don't make excuses, Twilight Sparkle." She stopped, knowing he never use her full unless necessary.

"It's like Master Oogway said 'The past is history, the future is a mystery but the today is a gift, that's why they call it the present'. It means stay in present because you can't dwell on the past or worry about the future. Plus, Didn't Applejack tell you about being honest at that play."

"I know, but I just need time."

"Alright, But you can't this up forever, for the world might pay for your lies."

I started walking away before speaking to her once more.

"Oh, and talk to Discord, he's suffering the same problem as you."

"Really??"

"Of course, Until next Twilight." I then vanished to Heaven.

Author's Note:

Why did I cameo in my story? What is Cozy Glow really up to? What secret is Twilight keeping from literally everyone?

Find out nest chapter!

Constructive Criticism and Suggestions are Appreciated.