• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 976 Views, 113 Comments

The Light of the Past - MisterShiningSword



Sunny and her friends found a locket that magically called the spirits of old.

  • ...
1
 113
 976

Humble Roots-Chapter 13

As the former villains returned to the palace, the queen seemed to be finished catching up with her daughters. She quickly then turns to the the returning ponies.

“So how’s the walk you had?” she politely asked.

“It was nice, Queen Haven.” Starlight answered.

“Please, you were great heroes in the old days, call me Haven.” she replied.

“Thank you for asking.” Sunset said.

As they talked, Cozy made an evil smirk and said, “Soon... Princess... Soon.”


As Star Swirl, Fluttershy, Ocellus, Yona, and Rockhoof were scouting for the Tomb, the yak then asked, “Is bearded pony sure Tomb in forest?”

“I am sure, Twilight said that the Tomb is in this forest.” Star Swirl then turned to the others, “Yona, Rockhoof, find the Tomb, Ocellus, Fluttershy, search the skies and stay with them. I’ll stay here, in case somecreature gets any ideas.”

They split up and as the earth bound creatures searched endlessly, Yona asked Rockhoof, “Is yak village safe?”

Rockhoof then responded, “I don’t know, lass, I’m not the right pony to ask about this, but if there’s anything I know about them, I’s that they’ll be fine.”

Yona then silently smiled and as they continued to scout for the Tomb.


3 hours later

When they reached the Tomb, Rockhoof then said, "Well, we found it, lass, Ocellus, return to Star Swirl and say that we found the Tomb."

As he said this, a swarm of dark, formless beings appeared before attacking them relentlessly, Rockhoof shouted, "AMBUSH!"

"Well, well, well, you caught yourself in a bit of a pickle," A satyr then appeared saying, "The Storm King is back!!!"

The heroes were fighting a hopeless battle as the dark beings reformed themselves every time they're defeated. Yona tried stomping them out and Rockhoof swung his shovel, but to no avail. He then shouts to the two flyers, "Get to Star Swirl now, we'll hold them off!"

As they flew off as fast as the wind to get to Star Swirl, Ocellus then panics, "What if they're captured, oh, what if they're killed."

Fluttershy interjects, "We've done multiple times, and we still get worried over what will happen next, Ocellus, But we have to be hopeful, they won't want us worrying over them."

When they reach Star Swirl, he asked, "Where's Yona and Rockhoof?"

"That's just it, we've been ambushed, they sent us here to warn you." Ocellus said.

"No," As he said this, the beings were galloping to the camp, he then commands the changeling, "Ocellus, get to Zephyr Heights, we'll hold them here as long as we can."

Ocellus hesitates but obeyed his order, Star Swirl then said to the shy pegasus, "Fluttershy, get your staff, we need to hold them off as much as possible."

She nodded and gets her twisted, wooden, Druid staff and as Star Swirl sends magical blasts all around the camp, she summons vines to ensnare and attack the beings.


The CMC's were trotting down the road, talking about helping the foals find their cutie marks, but with little to no success. As a filly declined and moved along, Blooming Flowers then rants, "That's the seventh foal that rejected us this hour, at this point, we might not get enough money to provide for my sister."

"Relax...." Scootaloo said to the brown filly.

Apple then says to the nervous foal, "It ain't gonna help us if you keep worrin' all the time."

"What can I say, I'm restless." She said in a Scottish accent.

Just then, a pegasus filly approached the fillies, she had a white coat, and light gray mane. She had purple eyes and no cutie mark. She asked, in a British accent, "What is troubling you, mate."

"Oh, it's just that I'm trying to help others, including myself find their cutie marks..." Blooming answered.

"...But you have no clients?" the filly interupted.

"Exactly." Blooming responded.

"Hmm, It sounds interesting, and it's not boring, I'll help you." the filly said, "Oh, and my name's Windy Weathers."

As they walked, Scootaloo asked Apple Bloom, "Why didn't we reveal ourselves to Weathers, I mean it's a cool name."

"The last time me and Applejack revealed ourselves to another pony, she was as surprised as a farmer waking up on a surprise blizzard." Apple Bloom said.

"And I'm still getting used to it, lass." Blooming Flowers interjected.

"Point is, we can't reveal ourselves right now," Apple Bloom states, "We'll do it at the right time."

As the fillies were walking through the dense streets, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are sitting at a cafe, eating delicious hay burgers.

"Hmmm..." Rainbow Dash then states, "These hay burgers are so good..."

"I have to agree with you there, sugarcube," Applejack said as she finished her meal, "These apple snacks are as delicious as Granny's apple pie."

"These fancy snacks are really tasty, darling." Rarity then asked, "Do you feel something's wrong with Twilight? I mean, I know she's worried and all, it's not the first time it's happened, but what do you think, Applejack."

"She's acting fine, sure, but I can tell she's lying, but every time I asked her about it, she just shrugs it off like it's nothing." Applejack responded to Rarity.

"But with Sunny's statement about Tenebris tell her about this... secret." Rainbow retorted, "I don't trust him as much as the next pony, but what if it's true."

"We'll have to talk about to the others about this," Applejack said to the brash pegasus, "It just doesn't feel right doin' somethin' to Twilight without them."

"I most certainly agree to this statement, Applejack." Rarity agreed with Applejack.

As they left to find the others, they were interrupted by a lilac mare. "Excuse me, miss, but we have to get somewhere." Rarity said to the mare.

The mare didn't budge but said to the white mare, "Don't you remember me, Rarity."

Rarity then realized that the mare was someone from the past, "Suri Polomare."

The lilac mare grinned at this, "Oh, and I thought you've forgotten me....Rarity."

Author's Note:

Again, what is Cozy Glow's plan? Are Rockhoof and Yona safe? Will Fluttershy and Star Swirl be okay? Can Ocellus get there on time? Who is the filly? Seriously, what is Twilight's secret?
Why is Suri Polomare doing in here?

Find out next time!

Constructive criticism and suggestions are appreciated.