• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 976 Views, 113 Comments

The Light of the Past - MisterShiningSword



Sunny and her friends found a locket that magically called the spirits of old.

  • ...
1
 113
 976

Scout's Logs-Chapter 9


Rockhoof, 2nd Scouting Mission, Log 1, Day 0

We were leaving the Lighthouse on a sunny morning afternoon. We were going to find the Tomb of Loyalty. We estimated that we would be gone for as least one moon(a moon means one month)We hope they'll be fine without us.


Smolder, 2nd Scouting Mission, Log 6, Day 30

It is raining outside on the humid jungle in Amarezon. All we found are the ruins of five different temples but no Tombs so far. We found Zecora's grave so Twilight, Starlight and Star Swirl are currently casting a spell on her to summon her soul from the Afterlife. Wish them luck.


Apple Bloom, 2nd Scouting, Log 14, Day 45

We reached Flame Geyser Swamp. It sure brings back memories. We were able to fend a few chimeras, and we almost burned our logbook. Wish us luck.


Applejack, 2nd Scouting Mission, Log 21, Day 60

We are reaching the Applasoosan Mountains. We found out from Appalosoosa, who by the way are one of the few towns left that still house all three tribes, that the Tomb is rumored to be in the mountain range. We are going there to figure out if the rumors really are true.


The scouting party are hiking the mountains and are now reaching the peaks above the clouds. The scene was beautiful. It had snow as white as milk, rock smooth as Rarity's fur, and view as magnificent as the Sonic Rainboom.

"This is a long hike... I need some hooficure later." said Rarity.

"No pony is going to care about your hooves, Rarity!" said Dash.

Suddenly a pony dashed through the boulders. The group then goes to a attack formation.

"Who's there?" demanded Starlight.

"Some pony you know." the mysterious pony said

"Lightning Dust!!" Dash yelled.

"You still know me, Rainbow Dash, I thought you forgotten me."

"After you endangered my friends and Scootaloo, how can I forget you."

"Well then let's race, I bet you can't catch me."

"Oh, you're on."

The two speedsters then flied around the mountain peaks. Dash and Dust gone around the peaks, pushing each other ever so often. They began to do some tricks. Rainbow proceeded to do a loop-de-loop, then 90 degree spin before flying downwards then upwards before reverting to her standard position. Lightning then gone aroung a peak 5 times before launching herself, doing a 180 degree spin. before going upwards then downwards. The morning fog is beginning to creep in, and then they were blinded. Rainbow gone up while Lightning, being the usual daredevil, stayed in the fog. Lightning then hit a boulder and came careening down. Rainbow, then performed a sonic Rainboom while going down to retrieve Dust. She then gone to the finishing/starting area. and won.

"You cheated!!!" Light accused Dash 5 minutes after her hit.

"I didn't, I tried to save you." Dash responded to her claim.

Lightning then said, "Thanks, but we're still rivals."

"That's the only thing we agree on."

Lightning then gave her a Wonderbolt badge.

"Here's your key, as a token of appreciation." she said

She was then gone in a flash. The others then reached the Tomb.

"Okay, We made it. Let's go back to Maretime Bay." Twilight said before teleporting the team back.

Author's Note:

What will happen to Lightning Dust? Will Zecora return to the world of the living? What will happen at the Tomb?

Find out next chapter!

Constructive Comments and Suggestions are appreciated.