• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 975 Views, 113 Comments

The Light of the Past - MisterShiningSword



Sunny and her friends found a locket that magically called the spirits of old.

  • ...
1
 113
 975

The Journey's Beginning-Chapter 2

"Who's back?", Zipp asked Twilight.

"The God of Destruction and Darkness, Tenebris.",Twilight said visibly scared.

"I thought he was a myth in that story Mom told us we were fillies!" exclaimed Pipp.

"We thought so too, darling." said Rarity before being interrupted.

"But he's all too real." added Applejack, who is seen shaking out of fear.

"We banished him to the void" said Starlight.

"And now he's back to reign terror." said Flash.

"And we'll send him back to where he belongs." said Smolder.

"Alright, let's do this." said Sunny and Twilight together.

They gone to the town of Maretime Bay and into the mist which revealed itself to be an black Alicorn. He had dark, misty wings and mane, and had dark colors all over him. He had a twisted horn and his eyes have red eyes and had fangs like Nightmare Moon's.

"Well, well, well, seems like you're here, along with some.. uh.. oh right, 'friends'." said Tenebris in a gentlemanly fashion.

"You won't get away after what you've done to Granny!", angrily said Applejack.

"And what you have done to Spitfire!!!" shouted Rainbow.

"Oh please, they are not necessary in the grand scheme of things." said Tenebris.

"HOW DARE YOU!!! I got half a mind to kill you after what you done to Coco!" Rarity angrily said.

Then they fearlessly charged at Tenebris which worked about as well as you would expect. They were pushed back by a wave of dark energy and sent to the others. Zipp, Pipp, Somnambula, Pipp, Smolder, Flash, Rainbow ,Silverstream, and Gallus try to confuse Tenebris while Applejack, Yona, Rockhoof, Sandbar, Ocellus, Hitch, and Pinkie try attack him head on. Meanwhile Twilight, Rarity, Starlight, Mistmane, Izzy, Sunny in her alicorn form and Meadowbrook try attacking from the distance. The flyers managed to disorient Tenebris, while the others are relentlessly attacking.

"Ugh, I don't have time for your shenanigans! I got better things to do!" said Tenebris exhausted.

Then black tendrils then shallow Sunny and there she appeared in the Void. The Void has nothing except pieces of castles, rocks, houses, bridges, and other infrastructure. Tenebris then appeared in front of her.

"You know, you remind me quite a lot of myself during my... younger years." ,softly said Tenebris, "But I see you have potential to do my bidding."

" Why would I do that?" said Sunny.

"Well, you will gain everything you will ever want even your father."

"I have my friends to guide and help me."

"WELL, YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL WHOSE SIDE YOU'RE ON!" said Tenebris while unleashing his true form with dark mist emerging from his body, his eyes becomin darker, and fangs growing larger.

"Sorry for that outburst, my dear, but you're better off without them, careful with who ally yourself with lest you will regret it for a long time, that is my advice."

"Oh, and by the way, about your hero.

" What about Princess Twilight?"

"You see, she's hiding a secret from her friends that might upset the fate of the entire world!"

"Impossible! You must be lying! Why would she keep a secret from her friends that might destroy the world?!"

"I won't say the details or specifics. That is something you will have discover on your own. Goodbye!"

Sunny then woke up in the plaza of Maretime Bay and asked to her friends near by, "What happened?"

Author's Note:

Who is Tenebris? What is his backstory? Why do Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash have grudge against him? What is the secret Twilight is keeping from her friends? Can we trust that he is telling the truth?"

Find out next chapter!

I know this chapter is a bit short, I usually try to go at least 1000 word count. So sorry.

Suggestions and constructive criticism is appreciated.