• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 522 Views, 20 Comments

Phantom Krystal: An Unstable Ruby - Lifeblood_Wisp



A genetically altered hybrid finds himself thrusted into a new life. With his mother being Chrysalis herself, it’ll be hard for him to cope with the past.

  • ...
1
 20
 522

Mirroring the Bug

“Arachnis…we’ve been to this room alre-“

“I…know Zoey….I know.”

Zoey held Arachnis’ hoof as they disappeared into red and black sparkles. They had essentially been playing Luna’s game of hide and seek for roughly an hour and a half now. He knew good and well that this test was to show a specific something from him, but what the secret to its completion is, he didn’t know. For now, he sat in the castle’s library, looking for any sort of written lexicon that could aid him.

“So like, does that eye ever bother you when you’re reading stuff?” Zoey asked. Arachnis looked up from a documentary on the founding of the Crystal Empire. “Well despite it being a solid color I can still see out of it, akin to yours. It only ever really bothers me when it changes color.” He explained. Zoey thought for a moment and quickly went from digging through books to hovering over Arachnis. “Soooo. What’s the new power?” She asked playfully while pointing to Arachnis’ cyan eye. Knowing what she was referring to, he set the book down and set all his focus on the power that Rainbow Dash had involuntarily granted him. Suddenly, a pair of crimson wings sprouted from his sides. “I’ve been so used to changeling wings. These feel so alien to me.” He thought to himself. He looked up at Zoey, who’s mouth was agape with wonder and surprise.

“Oh. My. GOSH!”. Zoey zipped right to Arachnis’ sides to inspect the advancements to his anatomy. “Dude you should’ve told me that you had wings earlier!” She shouted. “I always thought changeling wings looked good on you, but this is just…wow. I mean just look at these feathers. You gotta show me how well you can fly with them!”. Zoey’s face was only inches away from Arachnis’ and her cheeks were full of blush. Arachnis was surprised to see Zoey this enthusiastic over him having wings. “Zoey I…ok sure. But only after we get outta this.” He said with a sigh. “Yayyy!” Zoey said as she swooped up and embraced Arachnis in a short but tight hug. “Now let’s hurry up and find Princess Luna.” Arachnis said. Zoey latched onto his hoof and they both disappeared into red and black sparkles.

Meanwhile, Princess Luna sat in her room at the peak of the palace, where she had been observing every move from Arachnis and Zoey. Her horn glowed and a dark blue portal opened behind her. “I wish to summon the Sun’s guardian.” She whispered to herself. Suddenly the portal enlarged and turned a bright yellow. Princess Celestia exited and the gateway behind her closed. “I’d like to think you called for a good thing, but your expression gives that thought pause. What is it, sister?” She inquired. “I’ve been observing the pony and the changeling. He’s no ordinary pony. He…sprouted wings on command.” Luna said. Celestia gave a look of genuine confusion and motioned for Luna to move out the way. She stepped forward and looked into a strange looking telescope. She saw Arachnis warping into an unknown room equipped with his new wings. “That…isn’t normal. Wing development doesn’t happen that fast.” She said. “Exactly. There’s something more to him than meets the eye. I worry that Chrysalis may be coming after him.” Luna responded. “And to think he knows nothing about her efforts…”.

Suddenly, a flash of red and black sparkles filled the room as Arachnis and Zoey materialized. They quickly noticed where they were, and what they had accomplished. “Holy shit you did it!” Zoey exclaimed. “I sure did…” Arachnis said, glaring at Luna and Celestia. The two princesses exchanged looks and Celestia stepped forward. “Arachnis. In light of your performance today, Luna will inform you on anything you need to know about Chrysalis. I must have a private conference with the young zeta.”. Celestia laid a hoof on Zoey’s forehead, and vanished with her, leaving only Luna and Arachnis in the room.

“Why’d she take her? This privacy certainly isn’t for no reason.” Arachnis inferred. Luna decided to just be blunt. “No, it isn’t. Arachnis, Chrysalis is a very persistent enemy to us here in Canterlot. Her plans usually went along the lines of overthrowing Celestia and I and enslaving Ponyville.

“I knew that much. She told me about the Elements of Harmony, about you and Luna, about how she was always Canterlot’s proper ruler.”

“She…told you? But why would Chrysalis see any need to share such info with you? You would’ve had to have some kind of relationship with her. One of bond and not….genetics.” Luna’s eyes widened with realization. Arachnid was quite surprised to see Luna connecting the dots so seamlessly, but he wondered why her mind went to genetics and not some other connection.

“Arachnis. Did Chrysalis ever capture ponies before your birth?”

“I..don’t know, but I do remember her bringing in a few unicorns and alicorns”

“Oh my….oh my..fuck…”

Arachnis looked wide eyed straight into Luna’s eyes. Anypony would know that something was wrong if a goddess of all ponies began to swear.

“Arachnis…Chrysalis made you, didn’t she?”

“…yes, she did.”

Luna began to take deep breaths and sat where she usually did to look in her telescope. Tears began to well up in her eyes. “P-please forgive me f-for breaking…down like this.” She said weeping. Arachnis looked at the princess who was trying to keep her composure. He assumed he wouldn’t exactly care much, but he felt something. He blinked rapidly out of confusion and suddenly, It was no longer Luna he was looking at. He saw a crying Chyrsalis warranting emotional comfort. His body flashed and moved on its own and before Luna could react to the flashing, she felt Arachnis embracing her hoof in a short hug. He quickly let go.

“If anyone asks….that never happened.”

“A-as you wish, but why hug someone so quickly. You barley know me.”

“You….remind me of Chrysalis. I see her in you.”

Luna grinned a bit. “From any other pony, that would’ve been an insult, but I assume you were raised by her….how was she as a parent?”

“She…cared. At least I try to believe she did. She spoiled me with the perks of royalty. Always let me have time to myself, and sometimes let me make executive decisions.”

“That…does sound spoiled. But you say you like to believe she cares. What changed.”

“I…walked in on her talking to someone. They said that I was just Chrysalis’ sheep until I was ready. What they were preparing me for, I don’t know. It… hurt to find out that even with all this power I have, I’m still a pawn.“

“You’re definitely formidable. Don’t tell anyone but…Celestia and I were watching your bout with the Elements. You make good use of your ability to copy others.”

“Comes with the territory of being part changeling.”

“I see…part changeling and part…pony.” Luna cleared her throat. “Anyway, how about a parting gift.”

“Gift? What kind?”

“Demonstrate to me how you copy one’s abilities, and I’ll let you keep my abilities.

“Oh. Um alright then.”. Arachnis lunged at Luna, and rather than colliding, he went right inside her. He jumped out of her body a second later. He opened his eyes to reveal a dark purple eye to Luna. “Well isn’t that a pleasant touch. Use my powers as you see fit.” She said.

“Thank you. Oh! One more thing. Think you can lead me to Zoey.”

Luna nodded. She whispered “ I wish to summon the Sun’s guardian.” to herself and a yellow portal opened. “Through there is your friend.” Arachnis gave a sure nod and jumped through. The portal closed behind him.

Quite ironic. He reminds me of all of them.” Luna thought to herself