• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 521 Views, 20 Comments

Phantom Krystal: An Unstable Ruby - Lifeblood_Wisp



A genetically altered hybrid finds himself thrusted into a new life. With his mother being Chrysalis herself, it’ll be hard for him to cope with the past.

  • ...
1
 20
 521

Coming Out the Chamber

Author's Note:

This is my very first story on Fimfiction. I’m by no means, an experienced writer, so if there are any things like spelling errors or punctuation errors, or anything of the sort, please let me know. I’m also willing to take constructed criticism from you all. I’m willing to at least listen to any suggestions that you may have. With that said, please enjoy reading!

A small colt floated inside a cylindrical chamber filled with an unknown green liquid. The pony’s coat was a light scarlet with stripes of crimson at various parts. Underneath his closed eyelids, his left eye was white with a green pupil and his right was a solid red, with no pupil to be seen. Despite this, he can still see with both his eyes. Atop his head, stood his horn. It was a singular shade of red and it occasionally flared up with a red aura nearly every twelve hours. His tail, like the rest of his body, was a shade of red. His hooves were a bit bulkier than the ones that other ponies his age had and on his backside, he was equipped with changeling wings.

Cords of black and green stuck out from his back and into the chamber’s transparent, but tough walls. The walls of the room that contained the chamber were lined with black material and green bumps, the bumps being the only source of light. The room was full of changelings kneeling toward the colt. The door of the room opened and in, walked Queen Chrysalis.

The changelings made way for her to trot to the chamber. She stomped her hoof and the changelings exited the room and hissed towards all of their kin. They all gathered at the extremely large throne room. Meanwhile, Chrysalis’ horn flared up with a green aura, and her magic activated. She focused on the chamber, and it was surrounded in the same green aura. Not long after, and the walls began to crack. After another five seconds, the walls shattered, and the green liquid spilled onto Chrysalis’ feet, along with the red colt. Despite the loud crashing sounds that came with the chamber shattering, the colt remained asleep.

Chrysalis levitated the colt to the throne room, where she sat on the throne in front of millions, if not, billions of changelings. When they saw the young colt, they all roared, hissed and cheered. The noise woke up the colt. His eyes shot open and he scanned the audience before him. He gave blank, intimidating stares to all of them. Chrysalis stomped her hoof again, and the room went silent.

“It is time, my minions. We have waited nearly five years for this moment. In that time, I have tampered with this changeling’s genes, using the unicorns and pegasi that we imprisoned all those years ago. This is one of the very first changeling/pony hybrids, and it will help us take over those wretched ponies! He has been given the magical ability to make himself invisible and intangible, and to be able to copy attributes and powers of anything he encounters, so he won’t be needing these anymore.”

As Chrysalis finished her last sentence, she activated her magic again. This time, the green aura surrounded the hybrid’s changeling wings and with little effort, Chrysalis ripped them clean off, leaving two small but noticeable blood holes. Green and red blood leaked from the holes where the wings came. The colt grunted and eventually yelled from the sheer amount of pain he was experiencing.

“Bow down before your prince, for he holds my DNA. My foal and I will bring the elements, Cadence, Luna and even Celestia herself, TO THEIR KNEES!” The changeling crowd hissed loudly once again. They admired their leader, and what she had done to increase their chances of survival. Chrysalis leaned down to the red colt and spoke to him in a caring tone. “I know it’s scary young one, but you serve a great purpose to me…and to your people. When all is said and done, we will rule Equestria, not just as Queen and Prince, but as mother and son.” She pecked the colt’s forehead with a light kiss and used her magic to heal his wing wounds. The colt meanwhile, didn’t know how to feel about his current situation. It was clear that this moment would be engraved in his memory for the rest of his life.

Chrysalis stomped her hoof again and the changelings all went back to what they had been doing before they were assembled. She motioned for her foal to follow her, and he attempted to do so as best he could. His legs struggled to hold up his body, and he was on the verge of losing his balance until Chrysalis levitated him up and onto her back. She looked back and smiled. “We’ll practice walking later my little one.” She said.

They eventually reached a hallway at the back of the hive, where the occasional changeling would pass by. When they got to the end, they were greeted with a door, which was unlike the rest in the hive, as it was decorated with shades of red instead of green or black. Upon entry, the red colt was amazed at what he saw. A room with most things that a standard bedroom would have, a bed, nightstand, desk with a lamp, and even a closet with some personal belongings. Chrysalis levitated the colt around the room for him to marvel at his living space. “Well? What do you think of your room, little one?” She asked. The colt didn’t speak, for he did not know proper english, so he responded by simply growing his very first smile on his face. He once again, tried to walk. This time toward his mother. She levitated him and brought him closer.

The colt’s eyes began to blink frequently and he gave a small yawn, which meant only one thing to Chrysalis. She simply laid her colt down on the bed, tucked him in, and softly kissed him goodnight. “Goodnight, Arachnis.”

She left the room with haste, being sure not to make any loud sounds. She eventually made it back to the throne room, where she stomped her hoof. Three changelings of the zeta type appeared before her and kneeled. The zeta type changelings looked much more humanoid than pony, which was the result of a mutation that occurred during Twilight’s adventures in Canterlot High. They carried small greed tridents and their limbs were skinny, as was the rest of their body, except for their chests. Chrysalis looked to each one. “You three have been chosen to protect Arachnis. Guard him with your lives, for if he dies, or is fatally injured, I will see to it that your choked with your own intestines and your tongues are fed to my starving prisoners! Are we clear?” She asked. The three zeta changelings nodded and flew to the hallway, circling it like a hawk with its next meal. Chrysalis sat on her throne, and looked to her side. There sat another smaller throne in the color of red. She smiled and thought to herself “I’ll make sure you live. One day, your powers will be needed…