• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 521 Views, 20 Comments

Phantom Krystal: An Unstable Ruby - Lifeblood_Wisp



A genetically altered hybrid finds himself thrusted into a new life. With his mother being Chrysalis herself, it’ll be hard for him to cope with the past.

  • ...
1
 20
 521

Tested By The Moon

With every passing minute, one could hear the commotion that was slamming doors, angry ponies, and fearful foals. This was the commotion that filled the streets of Canterlot, and Zoey was the changeling to cause such chaos. Her presence could only ever be described as unwelcome, and even that seemed to be a stretch, especially when citizens began showing propaganda against the changeling and hurling the nearest blunt objects at her. Arachnis formed a barrier, but only around her and himself. He gave her a concerning look. “I knew they would react this way. I was knowledgeable beforehand and still it…hurts.”. Arachnis looked her in they eyes, and was about to speak, but Zoey raised her pointed finger at him. “It’s alright. This is for the better. Right?” She asked. Arachnis nodded in silence.

The Elements of Harmony felt it best to converse amongst themselves, at least for now. It wasn’t a consensus they all wanted, but it was one that felt best, especially after seeing what Arachnis was capable of. Of those that were a bit more interested in speaking with Arachnis, was Twilight. She had so many questions about him, Chrysalis, the Hive, and more. She did find it a bit unfair that she might be the only pony in the world to have even a chance at getting such information out of him, but for his sake, she respected his priority for privacy.

After countless angry adults and scared foals later, and they had finally reached their destination; A large palace of pure elegance. Both Arachnis and Zoey were amazed upon entry, though only the pureblood changeling chose to make it known. “Wow! This place is-“. “Majestic? Awesome? Just reeking of royalty? Cuz yeah, this place is all of that.” Rainbow said. “Ya sound awfully prideful taking about a place ya don’t even sleep in.” Applejack smugly retorted. “And are you any prideful about living in a barn, Applejack?” Rarity asked in the same manner. Applejack’s lack of response and slight smile at the joke prompted Pinkie Pie. “We all know you wanna laugh A.J.!” She said with her signature charisma. Eventually, she chuckled and admitted that Rarity’s remark was at least a bit funny. They all chucked as they pressed toward the throne room.

Twilight noticed that Arachnis wasn’t even observing the situation, but instead giving blank stares to the castles architecture. She flew over to him as he looked at a statue of the rules of such a living space. “I guess our sense humor humor isn’t exactly your thing?” She inquired. Arachnis thought for a moment before answering. “I can’t say that it is. I haven’t exactly laughed in a long time.” He responded. “It’s strange. It feels like almost five minutes ago that we were against each other. Now Zoey and the other Elements seem to be getting along like it’s nothing. Well, most of them at least.” He continued. “That’s exactly what friendship can do to a person.” Twilight said. Arachnis thought for a moment before the purple alicorn lightly tapped his horn. “C’mon. There’s two princesses I want you to meet.”

Twilight called the attention of the others, and approached the doors to the thrones. The doors handles lit cyan, prompting a magic user to open the doors they were attached to. “These are magic locks. Basically you have to show that your magic is strong enough to open the doors. Now I just need to- woah!”. The Elements were astounded to see that Arachnis’ magic was already nudging the door. Arachnis, who was opening the door, suddenly stopped due to the silence. “Did I….do something wrong?” He asked. “No. Actually, keep going.” Twilight prompted. Arachnis simply nodded and continued opening the magically locked doors. They resisted greatly, requiring more effort out of him. Eventually he forced them open, warranting a large exhale from Arachnis and a “Woah” from everyone else, most were audible, others silent.

“Strong lock. Damn…” Arachnis said, resting a hoof on his horn. “Does a number, doesn’t it?” Rarity remarked. “I remember my first time as well.”. Arachnis looked forward at the sheer majestic sight that was the throne room for the controllers of the sun and moon. He trotted to the middle of the room, confused as to where the rules in question would be. “Did we miss them?” Zoey said. “Juuusst give it a sec!” Pinkie said. Seconds later, and a blinding white light enveloped the room and everyone inside it. As it faded, the presence of Princess Celestia and Princes Luna had become known to everypony. They each stood atop a pedestal of respective colors. Celestia’s, a bright white that could only be seen if the sun shone radiantly forth and Luna’s, a dark shade of blue that could only ever accompany the millions of stars in the night sky.

The commanders of the celestial bodies scanned those before them and they dropped the serious attitudes that would’ve been held with anypony else. “Why it’s so good to see you six again.” Luna said. “Agreed. We’re glad you came to visit.” Celestia said. “It’s an honor to have you both here.” Twilight said as she, along with everyone else bowed their heads to the two rulers.

Everyone except for Arachnis

His eyes were fixated on Princess Luna. He had been starring at her since she appeared. He looked her up and down, scanning almost every one of her physical features. He wasn’t even subtle about it until both princesses exchanged confused looks and Luna asked: “Is…there something wrong young one?”, which caused the elements and Zoey to raise their heads. Arachnis blinked a few times before going invisible. “Uh, Arachnis? You ok?” Zoey asked. Arachnis had finally got his thoughts together, and made himself visible again. “Y-yeah. I’m fine…” He responded. “A zeta and a pony…interesting new friends Twilight. I assume you didn’t come here just for a mini-reunion?” Celestia inquired. “Got that right.” Rainbow said. “New guy wanted to know more about a ‘friend’ of ours. He says she’s his- Mmph!”

Rainbow Dash’s lips were closed shut by Arachnis’ magic, causing everyone, even Luna and Celestia to snicker. He looked at Zoey, who gave an affirming nod. He then turned to the princesses before him. “We wish to speak about it...alone. Away from the Elements.” He said boldly. The princesses both thought a bit before nodding in sync. “As you wish.” Celestia said. “Twilight. You and your friends may take your leave.” She continued. “Well, you heard her girls. Let’s clear out.” Twilight said. The Elements of Harmony all took their leave from the palace, leaving Arachnis and Zoey with its rulers.

“I see you wield magic, young one. Tell me, are you experienced in it?” Luna asked. Arachnis was about to speak, when Zoey jumped in front of him. “Oh words don’t do his skill any justice. It’d be way better if he showed you!” She said. She smiled and looked back Arachnis. “Really Zoey…” he said rather softly. “I see, “ Luna said with a smirk. “Well certainly you wouldn’t mind a testament, would you?” She continued. Her horn glowed a dark blue, and she disappeared into white and blue sparks. Suddenly, Arachnis could hear Luna’s voice in his head. “Don’t worry. It’s only a game of hide and seek. All you have to do is find me. Now get to it!” She said playfully. “Oh Lunnie…always playing games with your guests. Welp, good luck!” Celestial said before vanishing into golden sparks.

“They just…left us. It’s like they’re toying with us.” Zoey said. “Then let’s show them that we’re serious. Arachnid responded. He stuck his hoof out to Zoey. “Grab on.” He prompted. Zoey rested her palm on his hoof, and they both disappeared into red and white sparks.