• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,009 Views, 345 Comments

Dictators Of Ponyville - Dragon-In-Black



After being gone for over a year, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decides that it's time to return home.

  • ...
11
 345
 2,009

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 — The Invasion part 2

Scootaloo, Applebloom and Starlight were sitting together in their car while the captain and lieutenant had picked a different car to fulfil their duties to the regime that would be the greatest of all time.

Scootaloo’s drivers were careful when they reached the exit of the forest and saw the entire town that they hadn’t seen in over a year. Scootaloo’s mind went blank when she saw the town unsure of how to feel while Applebloom was mentally ecstatic to be back home.

Starlight looked around and felt a little uneasy about being so close to her leaders. She circled her hoof in her seat and bit her lower lip while looking out the window and saw that it was pitch black outside.

“So… supreme leader, when do you want me to cast the spell?” The lilac-coated mare asked, trying to sound serious but berated herself when she heard the awkwardness in her voice.

Scootaloo turned to face her with a stone face. “When we reach the centre of town, there you’ll cast the spell and place it inside this device,” the orange-coated filly pulled out a box from a bag that she had with her.

The device was a four-squared box coloured white with an aqua-blue circle in one of the squares.

“With this, we can last forever for all of eternity.” The voice that Scootaloo used for the sentence was beyond creepy in Starlight’s opinion.

The mare nodded her head in understanding. “I see, where did you find it?” She asked, looking right at Scootaloo who put the device in the bag she stored it.

“Doesn’t matter, we have it and we’ll succeed,” Scootaloo replied and began to look out the window with a small smirk on her face.

Starlight did the same and didn’t speak for the rest of the ride.

Scootlaoo watched as her soldiers drove around the town, circling it, showing that they were ready any second to take over the town. She felt adrenaline pump her veins and realised how dead she had felt for the last year since escaping.

She did to a small extent miss the town, but she had never once forgiven any creature here. They banished them from their home, so she would show them all what happens when you shun a creature who gave the very thing they asked for.

When they reached the centre of town, the car stopped and the soldiers got out and opened the doors, the two fillies and mare stepped out of the car and Starlight began casting the spell, prompting Scootaloo to pull out the device.

Starlight’s spell was at first small but it gradually grew bigger and bigger until it reached the train station and was pushed to the other side of the track. She had successfully cast a spell over the entirety of Ponyville but also the Everfree forest. After Starlight transferred the spell to the device and the spell was still up, Applebloom signalled their soldiers that it was time to attack.

Scootaloo had bought fireworks for the coup but they had never gotten to use them now when they had a reason to wake every creature up, they decided to use them. Besides, Scootaloo always enjoyed making a cool entrance.

The soldiers placed the fireworks out and waited for the signal to light them up. When they had gotten the order from Applebloom they lit them up.

The effect was immediate. The fireworks lit up the sky with a multitude of colours and the creatures sleeping opened their windows to check what was going on but were shocked to their core when the soldiers broke into the houses and forced their way inside and came looking for all creatures that lived in them.

There was screaming and shouting but the soldiers weren’t deterred.

Scootaloo listened and watched with a satisfied smile on her face. It felt good to be a leader and a hero at the same time.

She watched along with her fellow leader as the creatures of Ponyville were dragged to Mayor Mare’s office where they had walked after completing the spell. Many of the ponies and other creatures were shocked when they saw the last of the missing Crusaders. There they stood proud, wearing their uniforms that showed that they were the ones in charge.

Scootaloo didn’t recognise some creatures so she suspected that some had moved when they had fled. She wasn’t angry at them, but all the same, they also deserved punishment for simply moving to Ponyville.

The soldiers came dragging every creature out of their homes but a few struggled with the likes of Big Mac and Applejack who were fighting back, but they were visible enough for Applebloom to see them, so she rushed over to her soldiers and delivered a kick to Applejack’s face and a punch to Big Mac who didn’t anticipate the strength of a third party.

When they checked to see who it was, they were met with the blank stare of Applebloom one of the leaders of the Crusaders Democratics Party one they shall fear. But today, they were shocked but they brushed off the stinging sensation they felt and smiled widely.

“Applebloom-” Applejack began but was punched in the snout by one of the soldiers.

“That’s commander Applebloom to you!” The soldier shouted and Applebloom chuckled at Applejack who tried to soothe her aching pain with her hoof.

“Thank you, soldier, I apologise for these…” Applebloom looked at her brother and sister who were staring at her in shock. “...rebels being troublesome. Bring them to the others and may the Crusader's Light shine upon you all!”

“W-wait Applebloom!” Applejack tried but was once again punched in the snout, but this time from Applebloom herself. The older mare arched back from the force of the punch and a small speck of blood came out.

The soldiers didn’t react, they simply escorted the mare and stallion who were in shock by what was happening. What was going on? Why did the soldiers call Applebloom for Commander? Why did these grown creatures listen to a little filly?

They will soon find out why.

When they entered the town, the Apple family, Granny Smith included, were shocked by what they were seeing. They saw a spell cast over the entire town and soldiers armed and marching everywhere. When they saw Applebloom, they bowed in respect before carrying on their duties.

Applejack and Big Mac were forced to walk by the soldiers and they didn’t stop until they had reached Mayor Mare’s office where there was a large crowd of ponies who were forced to sit on the muddy ground.

Their eyes were wide with fear and shock at what was happening. They had all seen what has transpired over the last few years in their town but this by far is the scariest experience they’ve had. First, they see the last two missing Crusaders who had been missing for over a year, but they didn’t come alone, they had come with an army of soldiers who followed them as if they were the rulers.

Throughout all of this, Granny Smith was quiet and simply listened to the orders Applebloom was giving her.

Applebloom motioned for the soldiers to drop the two Apple family members and they did. Granny Smith had been obedient when she had been informed that they were following Crusader orders and she only knew of three Crusaders and one of them had returned not so long ago. The youngest apple then stepped onto the podium that Mayor Mare used whenever she would have a speech or mention an event taking place.

On the podium stood not only Scootaloo but also Sweetie Belle who had a genuine smile on her face as she hugged Scootaloo who hugged her back and kept repeating “I’m sorry” to her.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Scootaloo, I was captured by the royal guards who arrested me and forced me back to this filthy town.” Sweetie Belle muttered with disdain which drew a few flinches from the crowd.

“Long time to no see, Sweetie Belle!” Applebloom said and ran up to her friend to hug her. Sweetie Belle turned to her friend and smiled wide.

“Applebloom!” Sweetie Belle shouted in joy and hugged her friend tightly.

It would have been heartwarming if it wasn’t for the fact that the soldiers were making sure that they didn’t move. They were terrified by the fact that they had a form of transportation that they hadn’t seen before. It did resemble a pony carriage, but it was powered by something else but they had no clue what that source was.

When Sweetie Belle and Applebloom stopped hugging, they looked over to their subjects. They had blank stares on their faces, making the crowd sweat. It was as if they stared into their souls.

Scootaloo between her two fellow rulers had the blankest stare. She could see the element bearers from her position and she would have smiled sadistically at them if it weren’t for the fact that she couldn’t.

Inside the crowd, the element bearers were huddled together and staring at the last two missing fillies in shock. Where had they been, why did they have soldiers following their orders? Were they in Badlands like Princess Celestia had said all those months ago? What were they doing to the town?

“It’s… It’s really them!” Rainbow Dash was shocked. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was hanging open, unsure of what to feel at the moment.

“Yes darling, but why do they have soldiers with them?” The fashionista of Ponyville asked while looking towards Twilight for answers.

“Don’t look at me, I haven’t been informed by Princess Celestia or Luna about them having any sort of soldiers following them,” Twilight explained while looking at the soldiers who circled the creatures there with cold stares.

“Twi? What the hay is going on?” Applejack asked while staring at her sister in shock and briefly met the cold look that her sister had which made her shiver. It looked wrong on a filly.

“Applejack?” Twilight asked and turned to see her friend trotting up carefully while being stared at by the soldiers. “Thank Celestia! Are you okay?”

“Do I look okay, Twi? I was forced out of mah farm by two soldiers who listen to mah little sister and was punched by her too! She attacked Big Mac and I for resisting…” the farm pony’s voice trailed off as she saw her sister glare at some ponies who had done something.

“What?!” The five mares almost screamed.

“Are you hurt?” Fluttershy asked timidly while trying to look for injuries until she saw the obvious. Her snout. “A… Applejack… you…you’re snout!”

“Yeah, sugarcube… that was Applebloom,” the farmer sighed while the others looked shocked. Rainbow became furious.

“What?! Why the hay would she do that for?! You’re her sister!” Rainbow was about to fly over to Applebloom to teach her a lesson when she was suddenly caught by one of the soldiers who pulled her tail.

“Ow!” She turned around and faced the soldier who glared at her. “What gives!?”

“You will not hurt Commander Applebloom and I will not tolerate any form of disrespect to the supreme leader or the other two rulers, is that understood?” Rainbow looked ready to argue but Applejack shook her head to the mare.

“Yes,” they spoke together and the soldier nodded.

“Good, I will be watching you,” he threateningly spoke and walked away to the back and coldly stared at them.

Hello, Ponyville!” Spoke a booming voice that made the six mares turn to look at the podium where the Crusaders stood. Scootaloo had a microphone and spoke to the crowd with a neutral voice. “I see that there are a few faces that I have not seen before but I’ll have Commander Sweetie Belle inform me later of the events. Anyways, for those of you who remember us, I want to say hello and I am so happy to be back in Equestria’s dumpster of a town. When we wrote those Gabby Gums columns we did it because we wanted to find our cutie marks but due to a filly’s corruption, we were blackmailed into spreading hurtful gossip that not only ruined many creatures' reputations and images but embarrassed them as well. The worst part wasn’t the columns being written, the worst part was every creature was asking for them.

And so because my friends and I were blackmailed by Diamond Tiara to continue the columns and because every creature wanted to read them, we continued but then when it was revealed that it was us, we were shunned, mocked, bullied, and forced out of town, out of Equestria. We had nowhere to go but the Badlands. We found a home where we found work and had a good life but I could never let go of the trauma that you caused me which caused me to hate every single one of you with my very being. So I created a political party called; Crusaders Democratics Party.

I attempted a coup towards the Storm King who rules Badlands, but I failed so I had no choice but to retreat here to this dump after one year of training and preparations for that battle. I am not disappointed in the soldiers, I am disappointed in myself for failing to bring what was rightfully theirs which is why I am giving them retribution. I am giving them freedom and peace in Ponyville, Equestria and on this day forth, my friends and I will be the eternal rulers of the entire planet!!!

When Scootaloo finished her speech, her soldiers and friends applauded her and said what a kind and generous ruler she was while the creatures in the masses looked shocked and confused.

The Crusaders were still fillies. The Equestrian adult age was fifteen, but they were only ten, they weren’t even close to maturity considering what happened last year when they were nine.

Twilight decided to speak up before any creature said anything.

“Um, Scootaloo-”

That’s Supreme Leader Scootaloo to you, mare,” the orange-coated filly interrupted which made the creatures gasp in shock at the lack of respect.

Twilight gulped but wasn’t afraid of a silly filly.

“Supreme Leader Scootaloo, you aren’t mature enough to be mayors yet and you haven’t finished school. By Equestrian law, you are a minor until you have reached the mature age of fifteen by then you will have received your cutie mark as well as graduated from school, I’m sorry, but as Princess of Friendship I cannot allow you to take Mayor Mare’s position,” she looked at the Crusaders apologetically.

“Is she for real?” Scootaloo asked Sweetie Belle who nodded her head while rolling her eyes at the newest Alicorn of Equestria.

Look, Princess of Fiendship, we have been in the Badlands for an entire year where there are no laws or rules anything is fair game in terms of survival. I built an army with the help of my friends. We do not care about Equestrian laws. We are an independent country. Unlike the Crystal Empire, we have no affiliations with Equestria.

The creatures gasped at the insult Scootaloo threw at Twilight and were about to teach them some manners when Scootaloo started speaking again.

Sparkle, I’m seeing this for your own good, you are to step down as Princess and hand over any and all power to the new government because we are strong enough to fight against anything that you are too weak to defeat. I’m not doing this because I want to but because I need to, you proved that you are unfit to be a proper friend when you shunned us,

The demand was met with protests by the ponies and other creatures of Ponyville. They shouted at Scootaloo to mind her manners and some tried to shout at the Crusaders that they were sorry and to forgive them.

“NO WAY!!” Rainbow Dash shouted at the top of her lungs, causing the creatures around her to stare at her. “Scoots, I know you are very angry right now but this is not the way to get forgiveness, we owe you the biggest apology imaginable—”

But before Rainbow could continue with her speech, a soldier belonging to the Crusaders hit the rainbow-maned pony causing her to be knocked down. Before she could shout out the creature, she was met with a sword close to her snout.

“Supreme Leader, your orders?” The soldier asked as he motioned at the pegasus who paled when she saw the sharp object directed at her.

“Rainbow!” Pinkie shouted.

“Please let her go, she didn’t mean any harm!” Twilight pleaded with her hooves out.

“I swear if ya hurt mah friend…” Applejack was about to threaten the guard when there was chuckling coming from Scootaloo.

They turned to her and saw how she giggled with mirth in her tone as she watched the scene with a fond look on her face. Her eyes were as cold as ice and her mouth didn’t hold the natural giggle that usually came from it.

Soldier, at ease, she was just attempting a foolish stunt. That is what we need to understand about feather-brained ponies like her. They have no logic and never think about the consequences. She’s still a teenager while disguised as a grown mare,

Rainbow would have shouted at Scootaloo for insulting her like that but due to the sword, she believed it was best to not say anything in fear of getting hurt.

The creatures around gulped at what the young orange-coated filly had said. They knew that they had hurt the fillies beyond their understanding but had it been so bad that Rainbow Dash’s number one fan openly insulted her sister figure?

The soldier nodded in her direction and pulled back the sword and bowed to Rainbow in an attempt at an apology which the pegasus didn’t accept.

Now, I shall warn every creature here that you are not to speak to any creature outside of Ponyville and the Everfree forest you may only do so through the military which you can join after we have set up a proper military base which I’m sure you are more than willing to build for us. There’s also a spell cast over the entire town so no creature can escape any attempt to do so will face grave punishment, do I make myself clear?

They nodded.

Scootaloo flashed them a smile that looked sinister. “Good. May the Crusaders' Light shine upon you all.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, Dragon-In-Black here and welcome back to another chapter of Dictators Of Ponyville! I want to thank every one of you who have stuck to the ride so far and I sincerely hope that all of you continue to read this story since it really is motivating to me to see you all reading it and enjoying it. That was all for today and I will write to you guys next time.

PreviousChapters Next