• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,005 Views, 345 Comments

Dictators Of Ponyville - Dragon-In-Black



After being gone for over a year, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decides that it's time to return home.

  • ...
11
 345
 2,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24 — The Invasion part 1

This was the craziest thing the Crusaders had ever done. Even if Sweetie Belle wasn’t with them now, it also included her.

A year ago, three young fillies were forced to move outside of Equestria due to making a mistake that cost them their reputation and faces. Despite trying to talk and apologise, none listened. They moved to Kludgetown where they felt at home but were now forced to relocate to the same Kingdom and town that they grew up in, the same place that shunned them and wanted nothing to do with them.

Scootaloo felt a little surprised and disgusted that she had to relocate to her hometown where they spread false love. Her former big sister figure dumped rainwater on her and her friends as if they had been nothing but trash. Yes, they wrote gossip about every pony in the town but they all asked for it, they wanted more, doesn’t that mean they should continue to do it if they want more? If they want more coffee, you pour them a cup, so why had the Crusaders been shunned for pouring them the “coffee” they asked for?

The orange-coated filly had been staring at the floor of the water-powered car and grunted as she saw the rusty metal that looked like an infection, showing that the car had been used for a long time. Grunting, she looked out the window and saw the country she had come to love. The country that had waited and waited for the destined ruler that would bring peace and prosperity. But the destined ruler was now fleeing like a coward.

The sand mountains had a small breeze, allowing small sand to fly a small stretch before landing again.

Don’t worry my creatures, I’m not feeling, when I have gained enough power and bits I will come back and become the destined ruler of this land.” Scootaloo thought with a smirk playing on her lips. Luckily, the other passengers didn’t see it, too wrapped up in their discussion about tactics to overthrow the dictatorship in Ponyville.

Capper, Spike and Applebloom knew it wasn’t a dictatorship but Scootaloo had insisted that it was and that the Crusaders were going to liberate Ponyville from the evils of Mayor Mare.

“So what is the best strategy to invade Ponyville? I have never been there before,” Capper spoke with a curious voice as he looked at Applebloom who had her hoof to her chin, thinking deeply.

“Well, ah suppose we could round every creature up and force them into one place, like scaring them with these… what did ya call these?” Applebloom asked with a confused face as she looked at Capper.

With a serious face, he responded; “Cars they are called cars, they run on water and can go as fast as a hundred and twenty kilometres an hour. They were built to make transportation smoother and easier to get to the far reaches of the Badlands but they became expensive, so expensive that only the richest creatures could get them, meaning criminals. However, thanks to supreme leader Scootaloo, we managed to buy some,”

The destined ruler of Badlands perked when she heard her name being said and turned to Capper who nodded his head at her with a smile.

“You said something?” She asked with a bored voice that had a hint of disappointment that only Applebloom picked up on.

“We just spoke about the cars and how you bought them, thank you, makes things easier,” Capper said with gratitude and did a small bow in appreciation.

“My pleasure,” she said and returned to looking out the window as the cars drove. All the other vehicles were behind them, soldiers were armed and ready for battle. All were proud to belong to a regime that would create the peace and prosperity that their supreme leader had promised.

“So, Spike, what do ya think we shall do during the invasion?” Applebloom asked while looking at the dragon who wore a suit with a few medals and a hat. The two-piece suit was dark green along with the hat.

“I say we circle the town at midnight and cast a spell over the town so no creature escapes. Then, we force every creature out of their homes and watch as they see Equus planet's greatest ruler give her speech,” Spike explained with a neutral voice, not revealing any emotions.

Applebloom and Capper looked thoughtful at the idea and were amazed by what the young dragon had come up with.

Striking the town at midnight was a given, but it seemed like Spike had truly thought about everything that needed to be done.

“Wow, Spike, that’s a great idea!” Applebloom said with a small smile but it didn’t reach her eyes.

Truth be told, he missed her siblings and Granny Smith. She missed them so much but she knew that they hated her. They hated her because of Gabby Gums and would never see her as their younger sister ever again, she was just like any other stranger they’d never met before. It hurt her, but she knew it was the truth. Besides, Scootaloo told her that there was a possibility that her siblings would try to trick her into believing that they want her back and that they were sorry.

She never wanted to be hurt again, not even by her siblings, so she would have no choice but to distance herself from them and even show hatred par Granny Smith because her Granny didn’t deserve such a treatment.

In the back of her head, she heard a small voice.

Long Live The Dictator,”

Spooked, she looked around as if she had heard it and looked around the car which grabbed the attention of Capper who looked concerned.

“You alright?”

Applebloom slowed her breathing and allowed a smile. “Sorry ah had a small panic attack, it happens sometimes.”

Capper smiled and nodded in understanding before turning to Spike. “Lieutenant, we will be using your idea because that is the one that has been the most thought-out idea we’ve had so far.”

Spike bowed a little in acknowledgement.

Scootaloo had listened to Spike’s idea and she had to admit, it sounded great. It was interesting to think that he would want their forces to force every creature out of their homes and listen to her speech. It was an excellent idea, but could she trust him? What if he betrayed her down the road? She would have no choice but to put a spell on him to see who he is loyal to… if beatings won’t reveal it.


The Everfree forests were as dense with trees and bushes as ever. The predators were all sleeping and the night creatures were lurking but they scurried away when they heard sounds they had never heard before.

The night creatures had battles with timberwolves, manticores you name it. But, something told them that fighting the creatures with the strangest sounds they had ever heard would be a bad idea.

The sounds sounded demonic to their sensitive ears.

It was like a tree had turned into metal and clinking into one another, but that wasn’t a good description. It was so strange, it was more as if the metal was growling like a predator. The growling was the most terrifying thing they ever heard.

They scurried away when they heard the sounds make their way over to their positions.

Scootaloo looked out the window as her army drove slowly through the dense forest. They kept their eyes out for predators who were still hungry and wanted food. A few soldiers held onto the roof of the cars and had their swords on their shoulders while still holding them.

“You remember this, Bloom?” Scootaloo suddenly asked her fellow ruler.

Applebloom woke up abruptly and looked around. “Hmm… what?” She asked tiredly and rubbed her eyes.

“I asked if you remembered this, sorry for waking you,” Scootaloo guiltily apologised. She knew that her friend hadn’t gotten the best sleep recently.

Appbebloom looked around and smiled a tired smile when she saw the Everfree forest. “Yeah, ah remember, no need to worry Scoots, thanks for waking me,”

Scootaloo smiled and looked over at her captain and lieutenant who were sleeping soundly as if they weren’t going to invade a town in a few minutes. The young ruler smiled a fond smile but knew that she had to wake them up.

“Captain! Lieutenant! Wake up!” She spoke in the strict voice that she reserved for when she had to give proper orders.

Spike, like Applebloom, abruptly woke up and hit his cheeks to wake himself up. Capper looked around tiredly until he saw the blank face of his supreme leader and suddenly jolted and sat upright and bowed.

“Sorry for falling asleep, supreme leader!” He spoke with embarrassment in his voice but his cheeks weren’t blushing.

Scootaloo chuckled. “It’s fine, you needed rest. Besides, we will be working a twenty-four-hour shift to make sure that Ponyville turns into the desired country we rightfully deserve.”

They nodded mutely.

“Oh, that reminds me,” Scootaloo said and knocked on the driver's window. A few seconds later and the passenger opened the small window and stared inside and bowed to Scootaloo.

“Yes, Supreme Leader?” He asked.

“We need to stop, we have a plan and we need to tell the others,” Scootaloo revealed, making her soldier nod and tell the driver to stop and signalled to the cars to stop. When they came to a stop, Capper and Spike got out first and Applebloom followed along with Scootaloo who stared at her brave soldiers.

The soldiers got out of the cars and saluted their leader with respect.

When all the soldiers were present and were looking at their leader, Scootaloo began to speak.

“I’m sure many of you wonder why we have stopped. Do not worry, we have a reason for stopping. We have a plan on how to invade Ponyville. You see, Lieutenant Spike came up with the brilliant idea of attacking at midnight and circling the town and putting up a force field so no creature can escape. After that, we force them to Mayor Mare’s office so we can have a speech about the changes we have to make for the greater good.” Scootaloo explained and every creature listened with rapt attention.

“I see we have ten cars in total. Good. I want two cars from every direction, that way we know who tries to flee. Also, do we have a unicorn who can cast very large forcefields?” She asked while looking curious. “Raise your hoof if you have magic and can cast a force field over the entire town and then some.”

A mare raised her hoof and Scootaloo looked her over. The mare was a lilac-coated unicorn with a dark purple mane and tail with hints of mint streaks.

“Young mare, are you strong enough to have a force field permanently there? If not, I do have a machine that’ll contain the spell,” Scootaloo asked while looking over the mare.

The mare took in a breath. “I can cast the spell but I will need the machine to hold it up permanently,” she explained. Scootaloo nodded.

“Understood, what is your name?” The orange-coated filly asked with curiosity.

“Starlight Glimmer, supreme leader.” Starlight introduced herself with a bow in respect.

Scootaloo nodded. “Alright, we’ll corner the town and in the middle, we’ll cast the spell.” The soldiers nodded and bowed. “Miss Glimmer, I will need you to follow me, is that alright with you?”

Starlight gulped and nodded her head while looking a little uncertain.

“Right then,” Scootaloo said with a stone face. “BEGIN THE INVASION!!!”

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, Dragon-In-Black here back with another chapter of Dictators Of Ponyville. So it has finally begun, huh? The actual invasion has begun. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you next time.

PreviousChapters Next