• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,005 Views, 345 Comments

Dictators Of Ponyville - Dragon-In-Black



After being gone for over a year, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decides that it's time to return home.

  • ...
11
 345
 2,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 — Guilt

Back in Equestria, the town known as Ponyville was going through a panic and guilt-ridden month. When it was discovered that the Crusaders weren’t in their clubhouse or anywhere else, did they realise that something was wrong.

The first one to notice the disappearance was Granny Smith when she had called for Applebloom to come home for dinner.

When the energetic Apple hadn’t come, she had gone to the clubhouse, and investigated but didn’t find her there. She believed it to be strange, as it was the first time she had called for Applebloom for dinner and not come as quickly as possible.

The old mare had asked her two grandkids if they knew where she had been to which they angrily said they didn’t know.

Confused by their behaviour, she had asked them what was wrong. At first, the two didn’t want to say anything but realised that it would be better in the long run so they wouldn’t be bothered.

They told her that the crusaders were behind the Gabby Gums column and had spread secrets all over Ponyville. Revealing their secrets as well.

To say that Granny Smith was surprised would have been an understatement. At first, she was angry at Applebloom for revealing other ponies' secrets but then she became angry at the other two when she realised that they didn’t know where their youngest sibling was.

The old mare had told them that she had not found her in the clubhouse and didn’t have the energy to search the entirety of Ponyville for her. But before they left, she told them not to come back until they had found her or if it was an emergency.

The two had left very quickly after that and scouted the entirety of Ponyville searching for the youngest apple up and down. Applejack had informed her friends of her sister's disappearance and they begrudgingly decided to help. Rainbow Dash, one of Applejack’s friends, wasn’t so keen to help though and suggested that they just leave the crusaders alone to allow them to think about what they have done.

Applejack couldn’t fight against that logic but she knew that Granny Smith had been serious, whenever she had that look in her eyes, they knew it would be best if they cooperated unless they wanted a severe punishment. So, she remained quiet and just looked around while shouting Applebloom's name.

During the search became interesting.

Rarity had realised when she was searching for Applebloom, that she had yet to see Sweetie Belle. At all. After she had confronted her sister, she had not seen a tail of her anywhere. She became concerned and voiced this with the others who in turn comforted her and told her that the young unicorn was most likely with Applebloom.

It had calmed the fashionista down, but she had this nagging feeling that let her know that something wasn’t right and it was starting to get on her nerves if she would be honest. However, she didn’t try to dissuade the feeling either and decided to keep an eye open just in case.

Rainbow Dash on the other hand was arrogant enough to assume that the three secret spreaders were together hiding somewhere.

However, when several hours had passed it dawned on them that they might not be in Ponyville anymore. They couldn’t have gotten far, but they couldn’t allow them to leave without food or supplies. Not allow them to leave period.

The oldest apples had rushed back to the farm to inform Granny Smith of the disappearance of the crusaders. When the matriarch of the family heard it she asked a simple question, one that threw them off-guard.

“What did you say to them?”

The friends and siblings glanced at one another confused about what she meant with her question.

“What do ya mean by tha’?” Applejack asked with a confused expression. She realised however the implications when she noticed her Granny narrow her eyes, not in anger, but in disappointment.

Something she hated to see.

“What did you say to them?” Came the question again.

Big Mac, Applejack’s older brother couldn’t stare Granny in the eyes. This prompted the older mare to stare at him with a look of demand in her eyes. The red stallion knew that there was no way he could hide the secret any longer. He just couldn't.

When he was brave enough to look, he could see the words; “now” in them.

“I... I told them to just go away...” He answered. Everyone around them looked shocked. They knew that the secret spreading would affect everyone in some way, but the fact that an apple; one of the kindest families they knew, pushed away a sibling.

They cringed when they thought about it. They were being hypocrites right now...

“You did what?” Granny Smith didn’t shout. They wished she shouted. They wished she exploded with rage and said how much trouble they were in. But she didn’t. She spoke calmly and civilly.

“You... I told them to go away...” He replied.

“I heard ya the first time,” Granny sneered. “Why?”

“Well... she... she!” Big Mac didn’t know how to respond, he honestly believed Granny would understand his side of this.

“She spread secrets of everypony in town, making you angry and disappointed enough to make her and most likely her two friends run away,” She finished for him.

They all gasped and stared at her wide-eyed. They didn’t expect that. But it couldn’t be true, it just... it just couldn’t!

“Granny... ya don’t mean tha’ right?” Came the pleading voice of Applejack. The old mare glanced towards her and raised a brow. Did her grandaughter just ask her that? She had the gall to!

“Ya dare ask me tha’?” Her voice was still calm, but they could sense the anger in her.

They gulped. If she wasn’t screaming at them, she was then very angry. Big Mac was looking at anypony except for Granny Smith for fear for his life.

“She mos’ likely wen’ of tha’ Celestia knows ere’ an’ won’t be comin’ back fer a long time,” Granny Smith clarified for the ponies there with a blank look on her face.


After that, Mayor Mare of Ponyville organised several search parties to see if they could find the three troublemakers but no trace of them was ever found. It’s only been about a month of course, but the chances of finding them now were getting slimmer and the elements of harmony knew this.

After not being able to find the crusaders, Rainbow Dash started to get seriously worried. Where was her biggest fan? Where was her sister figure?

She started to feel regret and guilt for dumping rainwater on the three and couldn’t help but worry for the three crusaders.

The Rianbow-maned pegasus remembered when Twilight had told them that they traced Sweetie Belle’s magic to the Everfree Forest and beyond. However, when they got to the location there was no pony there. Not even a hint as to where they were.

When they reached the end of the forest, they noticed that it lead to the desert which was the Badlands.

If Rainbow Dash hadn’t started to get concerned before, she certainly was now. How could the three troublemakers go to such a dangerous land?

Well, when you are depressed you feel like it doesn’t matter so she supposed that it was partially her fault. She cringed at the thought. Mostly her fault in terms of rainwater being dumped.

The other siblings felt dread climbing inside their bodies. It was as if it wanted to spread as much chaos as possible. They couldn’t believe that their siblings had such bravery to... leave their homes. Sure, if the fillies had gone to the next town over or any other place in Equestria it would have been understandable and a lot safer.

But to leave Equestria altogether? That was unexpected, to say the least.

Granny Smith didn’t have an outward reaction but she was most definitively worried. She wanted to pack her bags and leave for the Badlands but she knew she couldn’t do that. Someone needed to watch the farm and she didn’t know where her granddaughter was located.

Of course, she could care less where Applebloom was if it meant she could see her again. If Granny Smith would have to fight tooth and nail to get Applebloom back, then you bet she would do it a million times over.

When Twilight realised that the three fillies were outside of Equestria, she knew she had to contact her mentor.

She knew she would get an earful, and she deserved it.

Inside the Golden Oak Library, she was writing the letter to Princess Celestia, explaining in full detail what happened in Ponyville. The Gabby Gums Column, the secrets getting revealed, the Cutie Mark Crusaders being behind it and them being shunned away from everyone in town. She left nothing out.

After she had Spike send it away, she became very much aware of the damage she had caused.

While she wasn’t the only one to send them away and shun them, she was the one who put up a magic barrier, blocking them from entering or even stepping near the library.

She couldn’t imagine what the fillies must have felt.

The young lavender mare would try to rectify her mistake however, she wouldn’t allow it to happen again. She would make sure of it.

Author's Note:

This wasn’t a very long chapter but I didn’t want to pump out 2-3k words of how everyone felt guilty and regretted it. What I wrote was more than enough and I’m pretty sure you know that they feel guilty as well.

PreviousChapters Next