• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,006 Views, 345 Comments

Dictators Of Ponyville - Dragon-In-Black



After being gone for over a year, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decides that it's time to return home.

  • ...
11
 345
 2,006

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17 — The Coup 1

Kludgetown, Badlands, 1 year later.

Scootaloo was staring out the window from her room with a blank face as she saw Celestia’s sunset over the horizon as if giving her the opening she would need for what she was about to do.

Despite giving her the opening she needed, she knew that her mind was far from stable. But, she had to do this, if she didn’t, then it meant that she have failed Sweetie Belle. She would have failed her friend, her kingdom and her town. She was a leader and a leader never turn their back on their subjects.

Scootaloo may be a filly, but she is the greatest leader to have ever walked Equestria and Badlands, that was a fact.

She knew this, her subjects knew this, and even Equestria knew this. If Equestria didn’t... well, they will find out soon enough.

Just when she was about to continue her thoughts, there was a knock on her door. Without turning around, she called out.

“Enter,”

The door opened which revealed Capper who looked calm on the outside, but on the inside, he was a nervous trainwreck. Ever since the “foal napping” of Sweetie Belle, he noticed how Scootaloo further lost herself to the darkness. She had begun to mutter things that didn’t make sense, but it wasn’t serious or bad enough to intervene. He had told Princess Luna about it who had visited the dream but couldn’t find anything on the filly and suggested that maybe she was falling into darkness.

Capper walked inside with his claws behind his back and bowed in respect to his leader who still had her back turned to him.

“Supreme leader Scootaloo, we are ready to strike at any moment now. The call is yours,” Capper said with fake pride that went over Scootaloo’s head. He hoped so...

Scootaloo stared out the window and saw tha mothership, as she had begun to call it, come into view shining light over a large-scale area that would have made her worried if it wasn’t for the fact that she had far more dangerous weapons than Storm King knew about.

Tonight was the night she would rule over Badlands...

“Good.” She replied, still not looking back. “I expect full victory this night, but still, be prepared for anything. I may be a filly that sees everything as black and white, but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to not be prepared.”

Capper bowed in understanding. “Yes, ma’am.”

“I suppose it's time I gave the green light.” Scootaloo turned around to face Capper and saw that he was disciplined and stared straight ahead without turning his head. “Come, I believe it's time I join you for this battle.”

Capper didn’t give an outward reaction. On the inside, however, he was terrified. He had promised Luna that he would make sure that no Storm Guard was hurt, but that couldn’t happen if Scootaloo had decided to join the battle. This was the first time he’d even been informed of it.

Scootaloo walked out of the room with a high head with her captain behind her tail.

They walked into the meeting room where the different creatures waited. They were all ranked between soldiers, generals, and commanders. They all bowed to Scootaloo when she entered. There was only one other ruler that was there and that was Applebloom who had a Griffin and Dragon guard by each side of her.

Scootaloo wanted to smile, but now wasn’t the time for it.

When she stood by the head of the table that faced all of her members, she began to speak while looking at all of her members with pride.

“Today is the day for a new era my subjects. For years we have been abused by Storm King’s tyrannical rule. He’s forced us to give up our possessions ranging from money, home and even family. But today, we put a stop to that. Today, we will defeat Storm King and he will answer for his horrible crimes for what he’s done to us.” Scootaloo spoke with passion in her speech, motivating every creature there, even Applebloom, and cheered.

They quieted down so their leader could speak again.

“So, I want all of you to grab your weapons and wreak havoc in the town. I want you to break anything that belongs to Storm King that would be of use to him. It could be towers of some kind, strongholds, stores, or anything at all.” She said, causing every creature there to cheer.

“Now..” Her voice quieted.

“LET US BEGIN!!!” She shouted at the top of her lungs and her subjects ran out the door to cause mayhem around Badlands, leaving only the two guards protecting Applebloom and Capper who further awaited orders.

Noticing this, Scootaloo raised a brow at the cat.

“Capper, are you not helping the resistance out there?” Scootaloo asked with a small frown that the cat noticed and panicked ever so slightly.

“I await further orders unless it is your desire for me to fight with the others?” He questioned with uncertainty.

She shrugged at the question.

“Not my problem,” She muttered. “Anyways, I will go out and fight for my subjects. I will make sure that Storm King is messing with a true leader since I am the definition of a good one,”

With that, Scootaloo turned around and walked out the door, not noticing the frightened look Capper was sending her.

Out on the streets of Kludgetown, there was paint on the walls, burn marks everywhere along with fires that were spreading from home to home.

She heard creatures screaming but that was all they did, they screamed and then they ran away as fast as they could. Good. Everything was going according to plan. She didn’t want to seriously hurt any creature; she simply wanted to take over Badlands. The civilians could run away and hide until she managed to defeat Storm King which should be a piece of cake.

Walking down the streets that were filled with junk and debris that covered the ground, she reached a clearing where there were apartments to her left and right, but they were pushed as if to create this small clearing for whatever reason. There were knocked-out storm guards and weapons scattered across. They were muttering and grunting in pain, but otherwise, stayed quiet.

When she passed the final knocked-out guard, she noticed that there was something in the shadows watching her. Throwing a knife at the creature at record speed, she jumped away from her position and threw another knife in the creature’s direction which had moved away from its position on top of a roof.

The creature looked to be a pony from what Scootaloo could see. Her outlines suggested so, but she couldn’t see what pony tribe he or she came from.

Scootaloo got her answer very quickly when there was a spell sent her way which was very unstable compared to Sweetie Belle’s spells. The spell made its way over to Scootaloo and she tried to evade, but the spell was unpredictable like it didn’t know where to go but in the end, managed to attack where Scootaloo once stood.

Scootaloo pulled out her sword which she had hidden and with great speed, ran up to the much older unicorn and tried to attack her with the sword but the unicorn evaded all the swings like it was an easy game. Furious, Scootaloo started swinging widely, not used to defeat so easily, but it resulted in the sword flying away from her mouth and landing on a nearby wall, the tip cutting its way into stone and staying there.

They glared at one another, but not with hate. Instead, they stared at one another with great respect. It was unusual for another creature to be good at fighting. The art of fighting was something only royal guards learned when they wanted to serve the princesses.

“You fight well,” Scootaloo muttered, her eyes narrowing at the unicorn.

There was a tense silence. The unicorn didn’t seem fazed by the young filly’s glare. If anything, the eyes looked quite amused.

“You don’t fight badly yourself. I haven’t fought like this in forever.” Came the female response as if they were speaking about the weather.

They started to circle each other, their eyes never leaving each other. There were the sounds of light growling coming from Sweetie Belle. She had been taught by one of her dragon soldiers that growling could make her look more dangerous and powerful. From the look of things, it was working, the mare looked startled but quickly covered it with a blank look on her face.

Scootaloo pounced at her prey and used another knife she had hidden and started swinging it back and forth while the unicorn mare dodged to the best of her abilities.

Scootaloo started to get bolder and used her hooves for a few fighting movements and realised that the unicorn seemed startled and tried her best to block the onslaught until Scootaloo managed to hit the mare in the eye. Hard.

The mare cried out in pain while clutching her eye. She growled in anger and turned to Scootaloo.

“Let’s get serious,” She said before she charged at Scootaloo.

The orange-coated filly sighed when she realised that it would be a tough battle before she charged at the mare.

Author's Note:

Hello guys, Dragon-In-Black here, I want to thank each and every one of you for having read the chapter, it means a lot to me that my work is starting to get recognised. As always, like and follow for more content like this!

PreviousChapters Next