• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,005 Views, 345 Comments

Dictators Of Ponyville - Dragon-In-Black



After being gone for over a year, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decides that it's time to return home.

  • ...
11
 345
 2,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18 — The Coup 2

Scootaloo charged at the pony with everything she got. The adult mare blocked a hoof to the face and landed a cut on the filly’s cheek. Scootaloo cried out and dodged an incoming attack to the side.

Scootaloo pulled out a knife and tried to slice the unicorn mare but that proved to be difficult when the mare jumped away from the attacks with ease. The orange-coated filly charged at the mare and jumped and managed to slice a small amount of skin on the mare’s forehead.

The mare cried out in anguish before she jumped at the filly and tried to attack her viciously.

She used her horn to make a wagon that Scootaloo had not seen before, explode. The wagon broke down into multiple small pieces and landed all around them with sounds of wood hitting the stone-carved ground.

To protect herself, Scootaloo used her hoof to block the onslaught of wood pieces. However, this was a mistake. A few seconds later she had felt a pair of hooves grab her and throw her into a concrete wall. The orange-coated filly grunted and glared at the unicorn.

This mare was good at fighting. Then again, the mare was a commander of Storm King’s army so it isn’t surprising that she was better at fighting than their foot soldiers.

The unicorn glared back which made Scootaloo feel angry. How dare this pony glare at her future leader of her kingdom? Did she not know who Scootaloo was? Scootaloo, the ruler of Badlands and Equestria! The most powerful filly she would ever lay her eyes on.

Scootaloo cried out in anguish as she charged at the mare with a sword she had hidden away and started slicing away at the mare who simply evaded all the attempted attacks. However, Scootaloo did notice that the mare seemed frightened by the sudden attack.

Suddenly, Scootaloo threw her body at the mare which the mare hadn’t anticipated. The mare’s eyes widened and she stretched her hooves wide.

Their hooves caught one another and they started to roll around. They were spinning around like a wheel driving on a wagon highway which was making the two parties dizzy. They didn’t see where they were going, but the unicorn had grunted at some point and let Scootaloo go which landed the filly inside a barrel.

Scootaloo grunted as she pulled herself up from the barrel and looked around, trying to find the mare. Her eyes landed on an unmoving body further away from her. She jumped out of the barrel and made a beeline for the mare, ready to fight if needed.

When she was standing over the mare, she noticed that the mare was breathing but she was unconscious from what she could see and tell.

‘I don’t know if it’s wise to leave her here,’ Scootaloo thought as she looked around. It was a large alley that was cube-like in shape with two ways you could walk in and out from. Multiple doors had signs about different kinds of shops and apartment entrances.

Out of the blue, there was a large explosion that shook the entirety of the ground, causing Scootaloo to jump in fright. The mare that was on the ground didn’t even move.

Scootaloo decided to leave the mare there and continue with the coup. She ran out of the alley and glanced like a wild filly left and right until she saw one of her soldiers that she didn’t fully forgive or trust.

Spike held a spear and was battling against one of the Storm soldiers who looked angry.

The purple-scaled dragon blocked several attacks from the soldier and managed to damage the armour the creature wore. Spike jumped away when the soldier tried to sweep under his feet and managed to slice a small space on the soldier who cried out in pain.

Scootaloo stared in amazement.

She hadn’t heard about Spike training with any sort of weapon or heard he was going to fight. But she could see that the young dragon fought with vigour and experience.

She didn’t recall that the dragon could ever fight this well.

Scootaloo decided to intervene in the fight. She jumped into the fray and punched the soldier so hard in the face that a tooth was knocked out. The soldier swayed to the left and right until he fell to the ground back first, with a clank.

Scootaloo and Spike stared at the creature while breathing heavily. Scootaloo was clutching her stomach as if to soothe the aching she had. Spike was simply staring at the creature.

“Thank you, supreme leader,” Spike said and bowed. The orange-coated filly let out a small smile and hugged the dragon which surprised him but he hugged back with a smile.

Suddenly, they heard another ground-shaking explosion that made them jump from one another. This time, the explosion sounded closer.

“What is that?!” Scootaloo shouted with hints of fear and irritation in her voice. Spike looked up to the sky.

“I think it's Storm King’s doing! Spike shouted while pointing towards a ship that was slowly flying overhead. “Saw one of the ships a few minutes ago dropping something into the ground. Several creatures flew away and got knocked out!”

Scootaloo looked at the ship Spike was pointing to and saw a large ship flying slowly overhead, covering the light from the moon. She felt her heart start to beat quicker and didn’t know what to say or do. She looked around her and saw that there was a street that was coated in debris from battles that had taken place there before her arrival.

“Do you know how we can take the ship down or board it?!” Scootaloo asked as he began to run with Spike hot on her tail.

“I don’t know about boarding it, but I believe that we can shoot it down with the help of a few creatures who have bow and arrow that have been modified with the help of magic. I know at least one creature here who has it, but we need more than one to take it down!” Spike explained while turning a corner that Scootaloo had turned to.

They continued to run until they found an open door inside an apartment and jumped inside. Scootaloo flew up the stairs along with Spike and busted down a door.

Scootaloo saw a window and ran to it and glanced out, trying to find out what was going on.

The filly saw the airship release something that crashed down, making the entirety of Kludgetown shake. Spike looked out the window with her.

However, unbeknownst to them, they were being observed by a pony inside a cloak. She had a sad look on her face.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, Dragon-In-Black here. I hope you enjoyed the chapter despite it being so incredibly short. I had next to no energy for this chapter because I tried to... overdose on medicine and leave it at that. Like and follow for more!

PreviousChapters Next