• Published 1st Jun 2022
  • 2,106 Views, 291 Comments

Logic and Friendship. Roger! Roger! - Anaylze



The Remains of a CIS fleet stumble to a world filled with ponies.

  • ...
8
 291
 2,106

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Aggressive Negotiations

The doors to the exit of the castle closed.

"THOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE! THOU SHALT FACE JUSTICE FOR THEIR CRIMES!" Luna shouted in her royal canterlot voice.

"I haven't even killed anyone though!" OOM-340 exclaimed. He was lying though, he had shot a few clones in his operational life, but they were vile abominations, right? His very purpose for existing! Besides, he had orders… and they were shooting back!

The ponies and dragons entered combative positions. OOM-340 and his guards stood up, raising their blasters.

"Look, I don't want to do thi-" he began before a yellow aura surrounded his body and he began to float in the air. He looked up to see an aura of the same color surrounding Celestia's horn. He tried to aim his E-5 Blaster Rifle at her, only to discover it was no longer in his hand, instead it was on the floor.

"Guards! Help!" He cried

"Roger, Roger!" His guards said, pointing their blasters at the Celestia and prepared to open fire.

And then everything broke loose…

1 of the Droids was knocked backwards by a blast of purple magic from Twilight. The other turned to fire at her, only to have his blaster yanked from his hand by magic.

"Stop this!" Twilight demanded

"I'm not programmed to follow your orders!" The Droid said and attempted to pick up OOM-340s dropped blaster, only to be hit by another blast of magic, but this time it originated from Luna, and his blew his right arm clean off

"OW!" It shouted, as sparks began to spray it from its severed limb

"I'll cover you!" Said his fellow guard as it had finally stood back up

The now one-armed droid charged forward to attempt a melee attack, only to have its head blown off by a magical shot from Twilight.

"Uh oh…" said the other Droid, moments before it met the same fate, its decapitated body stumbling backwards firing off a few shots before collapsing.

OOM-340 was left suspended in mid-air, holding his hands up.

"Don't shoot! I'm… I'm the commander but don't shoot!

Celestia stood there for a moment staring him down, before a bunch of padlocked chains, handcuffs and ankle cuffs appeared around him, retraining his movement before he was dropped to the floor.

"Ow… I can’t move."

Ember Growled

"That's the point you machine!"

"Hey! That's not nice!"

"Neither is shooting at ponies!" Rainbow Dash shouted, "you spy!"

"Spy? I'm not a spy!" He exclaimed

"Uh, yeah you are!" Dash said, "you were sent here to get information behind every pony's backs!"

"No, I'm… Okay when you put it like that, I guess I am…" he admitted

They all walked up to OOM-340, who was now restrained and lying on the floor.

"Thou shalt tell us Thou's secrets!" Luna demanded

"Okay alright! Just don't hurt me!"

"So "Roger", if that even is your real name, why don't you start with why you were really sent here?" Celestia said

"Well, my real designation is actually OOM-340. I'm an OOM Series Battle Droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata. I was sent here by my Commander to investigate your species to see if we could make an agreement with you. That didn't work…"

"I knew it! I knew you were a spy!" Spike shouted, "You were talking to that guy last night, but how?"

OOM-340 decided to play dumb.

"I don't remember."

"Stop lying!" Luna demanded

"Okay I talked over the radio!"

"Next, where are your ships?"

"In orbit somewhere I don't know!"

"Where can we find this "Kraken"?"

"On the command ship! Oh, Krakens going to scrap me…"

"Thank you for being so cooperative, but we're going to need you locked up!" Twilight said, before a metal barred cage appeared around OOM-340

"Oooohhh…" he groaned "come on I can't even move!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kraken opened communications with the other Tactical Droids under his command, TA-175, TJ-912, and TF-1726.
"Attention, diplomacy has failed between the Confederacy and the Ponies. Ponies are to be considered hostile. Eliminate them on sight.

"Affirmative." They all responded in unison.

"I calculate that we should orbitally bombard the Dragon Lands" suggested TA-175.

"A worthy suggestion, but I feel we should attempt to free out the OOM Commander first from his imprisonment.
"He is only a simple Battle Droid" responds TA-175 "he is easily replaceable. Why do you pity him?"

"It is not him that matters, rather it's his memory. The droid contains valuable information on the Ponies, and it would be wise to fully analyze his memory banks. He is also a security risk as they could potentially crack all data in his mind."
"Why not simply destroy him then?" TF-1726 replied

"I am aware of your lack of consideration for our troops" Kraken said "but we currently are cut off from resupply and it would be wise to preserve our forces. Defeating the Ponies will take… time.

"I agree with your reasoning sir." Said TJ-912

"I do not agree" said TF-1726 "I calculate it to be a waste of time. How can you still be sure he still is functional?"

"I do not care for your opinions; I am in command, and I calculate a rescue operation is the best initial act. I am still reading his comm signal indicating he is still operational, but he is not responding."

"What are your orders, sir?" TA-175 asked

"Prepare a strike team of Commando Droids and other units. We rescue the droid tonight."

"Affirmative sir."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mane 6, the Princesses and Ember all stood in a circle, discussing what the best course of action was.

"That machine, Kraken, their leader, he's a war machine, build to lead his forces in their barbaric attacks. Trying to take them head on would not be wise." Celestia began

"I could rally the Dragons to fight them, they certainly can't be fireproof if their metal." Ember added

"Are you sure you want to bring them into this?" Twilight asked, "they could get hurt!"

"Dragons never stand down from a challenge, besides, I'm your friend, and isn't that the sort of thing a friend does?"

Luna walked into the room.

"Sister, we have ordered a detachment of the Royal Guard here to help protect the town. We fear Pony ville may be attacked."

"Why would some pony attack Pony ville? We're just a small village!" Flutter shy squeaked

"We're all here right now, and their friend is here. If they have any sense of value for their comrade, they'll try to rescue him and take us out at the same time" Twilight said "shouldn't you two get back to Canter lot? You'll be safer there. If something happens to you, Equestria could fall!"

"We could never abandon our subjects!" Luna declared

"Luna and I are staying. We're in this together." Celestia said, with a friendly smile.

"If some pony wants to get to Pony ville, they'll have to get through us first!" Rainbow Dash said, "Now who's ready to kick some robo-flank?"

"Easy their partner" Applejack said "we don't know what all their packin', they may have something much worse than just those 3."

"Applejack is right," Celestia said "no military force would use only one kind of unit. We must prepare for all they can do. Get the citizens to safety, I will oversee the preparations."

Nighttime fell in Equestria as the time came for Luna to raise the moon. A full moon shone across the land, making it a bright night. Around the edge of Pony ville, various fortifications were set up. Carts, makeshift barricades, troops and trenches were set up to keep out the Droids. Nothing would break through in one piece.

Leading the Royal Guard, Shining Armor had arrived, reporting to Princess Celestia that all was in place.
"The guard is prepared for anything those machines throw at us your highness."

"Good Shining, keep an eye of for them."

"Yes, your highness!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deep within the Ever-free Forest, the Separatist Landing force prepared their assault.

TA-175 had prepared his troop choices. He decided to bring 2 Battalions of B1s as an initial charge, with a Battalion of B2s to back them up. Commando Droids would attack from the sides and attempt to sneak past their defenses. There would be support from the edge of the forest from 3 AATs, one of which would be carrying TA-175 into battle. He calculated that the probability of the operation being successful was 7/10. He would've gone full force, but he needed defense at the base and Kraken had ordered him to preserve his troops.

TA-175 stood in front of the Squad of BX-Series Commando Droids, briefing them on their mission.

"Captain, you and your squad are to infiltrate the village defense perimeter and free OOM-340. Return him operational if possible."

"Yes sir." The Commando Droid Captain, who had white markings distinguishing him from his black plated comrades, and a Vibrio sword attached to his back.

"Sir the troops are all ready to go" an OOM Commander informed TA-175.

"Prepare to move at once" he said walking up the boarding ramp of his AAT.

PreviousChapters Next