• Published 30th May 2022
  • 893 Views, 77 Comments

Eileen's Exhilarating Collection of Extremely Short Fiction - EileenSaysHi



Ultra-short stories from Flashfic150's most prolific EqG-focused author, including some contest-winners!

  • ...
4
 77
 893

September 2023: "The Prophecy" (AWARD WINNER)

Author's Note:

Winner of the September 2023 Flashfic 150 competition!

Internal Resources

Sunset Shimmer, Royal Apprentice to Princess Celestia, wasn’t like other ponies.

Of course, she could say that about a lot of things. But what made her certain she was special, beyond merely her position, was a little guiding voice.

A prophet.

Sunset Shimmer had a prophet in her head.

The others wouldn’t have understood how this could be. Even the Princess would’ve been baffled. After all, if one of them tried to test it with some insipid question, like what will the Gifted School chefs serve next week, she wouldn’t have had an answer. So Sunset didn’t talk about the prophet.

But prophets didn’t deal in such silly, needless knowledge. Prophets focused on what was important.

That was how Sunset knew she had a great prophet in her head.

Because it had told her what really mattered. Where her destiny lay.

She looked over at the Royal Throne, and grinned.