• Published 30th May 2022
  • 875 Views, 72 Comments

Eileen's Exhilarating Collection of Extremely Short Fiction - EileenSaysHi



Ultra-short stories from Flashfic150's most prolific EqG-focused author, including some contest-winners!

  • ...
4
 72
 875

August 2022: “I Hardly Know Her”

Author's Note:

Set in the same AU as my story What My Destiny is Telling Me; this was written first, as a test of the concept.

Strange Girl

There was a distant rumble of thunder as the rain came down in heavy droplets outside the Crumbles-Flanks residence. Standing inside the doorway, Rarity could see that the orange-haired girl on the porch had been absolutely soaked by it, and was shivering as she looked up at her.

Rarity had seen her before, around school. The new girl, though her attendance had been irregular at best. It was a minor miracle Rarity remembered her.

Yet here she was.

“I just—” the girl stammered. “I can’t stay where I was anymore, and no one will take my bits… I’ve been stuck here two moons and I barely know what I am.” She shuddered, eyes trailing downward. “I don't know what to do, I… need help.”

Little of that made any sense, but Rarity mainly fixated on how pained the word help had felt.

“Of course, Sunset.” She stepped back. “Come inside.”