• Published 8th Mar 2022
  • 380 Views, 8 Comments

Legends of Equestria: The Last Goodbye - JimmyHook19

  • ...
11
 8
 380

The Last Leg

The next morning, the final stage of the journey was finally gotten underway with. Our heroes seven left the hotel with their equipment, and headed out onto the main road before taking a right, then rotating around to the left with a tight bend that permitted them to merge onto another road. They then crossed two bridges and merged onto a major highway.

As they continued on their way, they crossed over the state line between North Carolina and Virginia, then followed a long series of roads where the most notable landmark was a Burger King a few hours ago, indicating that these bits of road ran through a not very interesting place. They then trotted over a very long bridge, and found themselves on an island, and continued on their long and difficult trip up the coast, down an extraordinarily straight road, and then turned off to cross another bridge.

After taking some bends, they weaved through another small town, before finally stopping in front of a building, a rather nondescript building to be honest, but a building.

"Where is this?" Starswirl asked. "Was this our ultimate objective?"

"Yes. It's where the story began," Somnambula said, winking at nobody in particular.

"Stop breaking the fourth wall!" Rockhoof said.

"Later, friends," Mistmane said, noticing all the humans suddenly taking interest in them. "This is the end of our journey. We can rest easily now, and take our time to recuperate." She then turned to the humans. "I think this is cause for celebration." Her Glowpaz made translating that a doddle.

And thus did the merriment begin.

And so, gathered friends, this is where our tail ends.

You may well be wondering what happened to them all, after these events. Well, I can tell you.

After the celebration, we all went our separate ways. Rockhoof and Meadowbrook chose to return to Hayseed Swamp, whereas Flash and Somnambula went back west, from where they had originated. Starswirl headed north in search of new knowledge, and Mistmane remained in this small seaside community, tending to a garden and helping the locals.

One by one, they all fell away by the wayside. Today, I am the only one of us left, the only one who was witness to all this to tell the tale.

They may no longer be with us in body, but their words, deeds, and actions live on in eternity, to guide us forward and assist our lives.

Together, they were more than mere ponies. Together, they were the Legends of Equestria.

Yours truly,

Stygian.

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for the credits! :raritywink: