• Published 8th Mar 2022
  • 380 Views, 8 Comments

Legends of Equestria: The Last Goodbye - JimmyHook19

  • ...
11
 8
 380

Into the Valley of...Something

It was now the next morning indeed, and the seven, not six, that constituted our heroes awoke and began to start their day.

Rockhoof groaned as he rolled off his mattress in the room he shared with Starswirl and Flash Magnus. "These mattresses are awful," he grumbled. "I have never encountered ones so bad! They're incredibly hard and don't let you sleep at all!"

"Be glad you're not sleeping on hay," Flash said, with a small smile. "That was the way we did it in the legion. Still, we did get some good nights in barrack blocks."

"I sometimes slept on a sofa during my employ with the royal authorities," Starswirl sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Are the others awake yet? I think that we should check on them."

In another room, the other trio of our group, Meadowbrook, Mistmane, and Somnambula, were getting ready themselves. Somnambula had just finished fitting her headdress onto her head, whilst Mistmane was still collecting together her things. Meadowbrook, however, was having terrible trouble with her mane, trying and failing to secure it into a topknot.

"Could one of y'all help me here?" she asked, indicating to it. "Ah can't seem to get it right today!"

Mistmane was more than happy to help, and with a few adjustments saw the mane get into the right location for securing, complete with all necessary fittings. "There you go."

"I believe we should get moving," Somnambula said. "Unless we want the others to see us as late again."

Upon having finished their preparations for their day, the group set off into the streets, taking a left hand turn at the exit to the hotel, and then walked down a long street that seemed to stretch onwards into eternity. They then took a left turn, then a right, then weaved round a long bend that finally brought them out onto another road.

After some more walking, and some more lefts, they finally arrived at what Mistmane called their destination. What looked to be another collection of defunct vehicles.

Author's Note:

So the first attraction that the group visited in the Chattanooga area is none other than....

The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum :D