• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 750 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie takes Earth - Goldstar



Pinkie Pie ends up on Earth as a human. With seemingly no way back home, she must adapt to life in this strange new world.

  • ...
3
 44
 750

9. Positive Heather

Twilight, Spike, and Coco found Pinkie Pie inside a store. Twilight ran in to hug her. “Oh my gosh Pinkie, I’m so glad to see you. Although my calculations put you at appearing much, much further outside of Equestria. But I’m glad my math is wrong because I’m seeing you again.”

“Why would you be worried about me not being in Equestria?” Pinkie looked genuinely confused.

“Because you sneezed the last second before my teleportation machine did its magic and we couldn’t find you for almost a couple of days.”

“Ah... right.”

“So many creatures were looking for you and I didn’t even sleep the day you went missing.”

“When did you get wings? They’re very cool!”

“What? I’ve been an alicorn for a long time.”

“Really? Awesome!”

“Did the teleportation affect your memory? It shouldn’t have, unless somehow the teleportation was incomplete, and your full memories didn’t teleport with you. Although that hardly makes sense.”

“Silly Twilight, always the scientist in you trying to figure things out.”

“I’m ready to teleport us back home.”

“I see Spike has wings too. They grow up so fast.”

“And with good timing too,” Spike smirked.

“Actually, change of plans,” Twilight announced, “Does any of the following ring a bell? Nightmare Moon? Changelings? King Sombra? Lord Tirek? Starlight Glimmer? School of Friendship?”

“Beyond King Sombra, nothing else rings a bell.”

“That might put your last memories at... hmm... Pinkie?”

“Yes Twilight?”

“I’ll be right back, I’ll bring Maud Pie.” Within the course of twenty seconds, Twilight teleported away and teleported back with Maud Pie. “I’m so sorry for teleporting you again Maud, but this is important.”

“Why hello Maud!” Pinkie hugged Maud.

“You’re not Pinkie.” Maud flatly said.

“Ahhh... how could you say that? We’re sisters!”

“You do not have the psychic link that I share with my sister.”

“Come on Maud, that silly thing? I’m right here! All Pinkie! Same pink, same eyes, same cutie mark, same Pinkie”

“What?!” Twilight snapped, “You’re a Changeling!”

“Actually Twilight,” Spike offered, “You remember the mirror pool copies of Pinkie? She might be one.”

“I thought we got rid of all of them. I don’t have a spell to detect shapeshifting, so she very well could be a Changeling, but they’re reformed by now. Although that doesn’t rule out any unreformed Changelings like Queen Chrysalis. Why live out as Pinkie? I could bring another Changeling here to check.” A couple of minutes later, Twilight reappeared with Ocellus.

“She’s not a Changeling,” she confirmed.

“Thank you for your help.” Twilight teleported Ocellus back. “And thank you for your help, Maud. I can teleport you back home.”

“I’ll take the train.”

“Pinkie!”

“Yes Twilight? I’m just about as much Pinkie as you need.”

“No, you’re not.”

“What if you don’t find the real Pinkie? I can be your new Pinkie. Who would even notice?”

“Everypony once word gets out.”

“Let’s let secrets be secrets. Fun, parties, fun, cupcakes, fun, fun!”

“Are you breaking down?”

“Fun is fun, fun times, fun, fun, fun!” At that point, Twilight screamed and shot Pinkie with a spell, making her disappear.

“What did you do Twilight?!” Coco asked, her front hooves to her face.

“I just sent her back to the mirror pool.” Twilight let out another scream afterward.

“Relax Twilight,” Spike conformed, “At least we ruled out any more fake Pinkies.”

“I think I’m good now. Back to doing things the hard way to bring back our actual Pinkie. I’m so glad being an alicorn means I’m not already tired out from all this long-distance teleporting.”

“I’m so sorry Twilight, I thought it was really her,” Coco apologized.

“It’s okay, you couldn’t have known.” Twilight replied.


“This isn’t normal Pinkie,” Heather explained, “Animals don’t just suddenly get smarter like this. And you seem so sure that this is what happened. How? Is it something you did?”

“Well, when I came here, some Equestrian magic might have leaked through. Twilight said it happened to her counterpart’s dog in the Canterlot High world. He suddenly became capable of talking.”

“Oh, wow. If Luna is smart enough to take care of herself now, that’s one less problem for me. This is amazing! Although if she starts talking, that’s going to be so weird. I just hope there are no nasty side effects. I might be able to tolerance her a lot more now. I just can’t deal with dog things like licking, their smell, loud barking, and the messes they like to make. But... if I was at ground zero when you teleported in, does that mean something is going to change about me too?”

“Probably.”

“I’ll be on the lookout for any unusual changes I may go through. And I doubt becoming more friendly with you was part of it. These better be cool changes like being able to cast magic.”

“Let’s not rule out negative side effects like growing a third hand. Actually, that’s even more hands to work with.”

“Here’s hoping not, or something even worse like turning my hands into hooves. I don’t think even sticky hooves will allow me to play video games without a specialized controller and I doubt someone is going to make a controller that only one person can use.”

“Or you could turn into a demon, but you should be fine. Let’s stay positive.”

“Well, I for one would welcome a magical solution to my problems. Luna becoming a smart doggo has already been an improvement. This better not be one of those things that comes with a downside to, quote on quote, balance out the benefit. But your world seems to be built on positivity so hopefully not. Anyway, I’m going to shower and spend some time online.”

Later that night, Heather discovered videos online of what happened earlier in the day. “Pinkie, you gotta see this! They’re just calling you pink hair girl and these videos already have tens of thousands of views. Probably will hit a million by tomorrow.”

“Does that mean I’m popular?”

“Yup. Well, the bowling video is about seventy precent upvotes because many are claiming your bowling moves are fake and part of some shared hoax. But the DDR video is much more positively received since you haven’t done anything impossible in that. This means now people who see you in public might know you as the pink hair girl from the videos. Although you probably wouldn’t mind the fame.”

“I’ll likely love it!”

“We’ll see. Anyway, I’m turning in for the night, dad should be back close to afternoon tomorrow.”


Half an hour before afternoon Sunday morning on the 27th of February, Logan arrived home. “What a time off from work. I’m eager to get back, which I thought I would never say about work. You look like you’re in a good mood Heather. I take it things gone well?”

“Well, you see...” Pinkie then cut off Heather.

“It was awesome! Heather made a new friend and a burglar tried to break into the house and...” Pinkie explained the events that happened while Logan was away from home.

“I’m so thankful I’m used to fast talking,” Logan remarked, “I should have known a lot would happen with you being involved Pinkie. I can hardly believe Luna took care of herself since last night. No telling what this leaked Equestria magic could do to my daughter. Anyway, I’m going to relax for a while since I just got home. I’ll get us a pizza later.”

Back in Heather’s room, her and Pinkie were not quite playing video games or using the computer yet. “Hey Pinkie, do you have a boyfriend or ever fell in love?”

“Nope, not yet.”

“What about your friends?”

“They mostly don’t talk about that. Rarity did try to woe Prince Blueblood, but he turned out to be a big meanie face. Fluttershy would probably never make the first move despite how much more assertive she is now. Applejack is married to her job.”

“I don’t think I know what romantic love is or why I’m even asking now. Well, I think it’s because you’re the first friend I made in a long time, hence, me wanting to explore topics I otherwise wouldn’t have. But then you’re also one of the only people I talk to aside from dad and a few people at school. It’s been lonely for me, but I’m also so afraid of putting myself out there, least I get hurt yet again.” Pinkie put Heather into a very tight hug. “Air please.” Pinkie relaxed her grip.

“I’ll say it plenty of times, but I’m all in on helping my friends be happy and I’ll do it the only way I know how, the Pinkie way!” The party cannon fired at that point, seemingly on its own.

“Thanks, I mean that. You could have dismissed me as just another depressed girl who only spreads negativity wherever she goes.”

“I’ve seen passion in you, like when you play video games.”

“I wish I could apply that to other areas of my life. I feel like I’m going to be living with dad into my twenties.”

“Out of my closest friends, Applejack lives with her older brother and grandma. I live with the Cakes and nopony judges us for not living independent. Although I don’t think Applejack is ever moving out of the farm. My sisters live back on the rock farm with our parents also living there.”

“Oh right, you’re the outliner in your family, the only one who doesn’t have a rock color scheme, based on how you described the rest of your family. I don’t think I’m an outliner in my own family. Well, I’m one who doesn’t interact with them much at all to the point I’ll have trouble remembering their names if I’ve met them again. From what you mentioned of your best friends, earth ponies have the biggest families, followed by unicorns with in-between numbers, and pegasi by far the the lowest. In fact, it sounds like only Rainbow Dash has no siblings at all. And from what I heard of Fluttershy’s brother, no way I ever want to turn out like he has.”

“I could throw all kinds of parties for you meeting new people and making new friends. They may even guide you to knowing what you’re meant to do in life.”

“They don’t all need to be big special events, especially just meeting people. If I were to pick a lover, they would have to meet certain standards. This is the one area I get to be super picky in who I want in my life, although I don’t know if such people exist. Of course, the person must respect me. They must be willing to put up with my flaws. They must be loyal and not backstab me, figurative, when the going gets tough. If I’m being completely honest, they should also be hot. I know that’s pity, but I’m allowed to be! Furthermore, I want to be able to play video games with them, so a gamer love interest for sure.”

“Your special someone is out there.”

“Although I doubt in this dump of a city. There’s like seven billion people in the world. Maybe among them is a perfect match for me, but I don’t have that kind of power to just find this person wherever they may be so I’ll either settle with who I can find in person or online. Doesn’t help how fake people are online.

“You know, I bet magic changes romance in a lot of ways. There’s probably spells to brainwash people into loving you, of which I wouldn’t use, of course. I can only imagine what chaos such a spell would cause.”

“There’s the Want It, Need It spell Twilight knows. One time, she made Ponyville fight over a doll.”

“Now that’s creepy. It’s good that Twilight isn’t evil, considering she seems to be one of the most powerful ponies in Equestria. Anyway, I want to learn from you, so I may be prepared to move ahead in my life before you go back home. And when I say learn from you, I don’t mean become like you. I can’t be you because I’m not you.”

“I can teach you so much about fun and friendships.”

“I’ll be opened to at least some of it. I’m just simply not going to be as bubbly and upbeat as you, not even the most positive people can.”

“Have you tried playing music?”

“Yeah, I’m terrible at it. I guess that’s yet another thing you’re good at. You have all these skills and talents while I have... I dunno. Although I guess it’s just as well that cartoon characters, especially Disney princesses, can all break into song. But then it sounds like over in your human world, there’s a seven-girl band that are also all talented at performing. You’re all special, with Twilight being extra special. Despite being the main character of my own life, my autobiography would be so boring.”

“Cheer up silly billy! While I’m here, I won’t let you have a bad day. That’s a Pinkie Promise!”

“Thank you. But it’s not even just that.”

“And I will help you find your special talents.”

“You’re too good for me. I almost don’t deserve it. Seriously, you could have ended up with billions of other people. People more remarkable, more interesting, and with more actual problems to solve. I really couldn’t tell you this is fate thing, as not everything that randomly happens in life must be the will of something greater. So far, the only thing I do better than you is play video games, but you’re already such a quick learner.”

“Let’s turn the negatives into positives. You don’t have to be the best at something or famous to be worthwhile. I thought I would be miserable on the rock farm for my whole life until Rainbow’s Sonic Rainboom changed everything. My cutie mark appeared, my mane became what it is today, and I knew I had to share joy and laugher across Equestria.”

“It must be great to have butt tattoos to make you special. You say cutie marks are not everything, but then you mentioned how you and your best friends, barring Twilight, got your cutie marks switched once and it affected your talents. Then another time, you got equality cutie marks and couldn’t do anything special. Furthermore, the royal sisters once got their cutie marks switched and that changed their powers.

“It’s not so clear cut and dry for us humans. Our world is so much different from yours largely because our society doesn’t operate on magic as there is none.”

“That means you really get to make your own destiny without a cutie mark to set you on a path. That’s so exciting!”

“I suppose the closest thing is having birth marks, but they don’t appear by magic or decide your fate.”

“Let’s try more things. We’re bound to find something you enjoy doing and can profit from.”

“I could become a YouTuber, but that exposes me to the Internet. No thanks. I don’t like to brute force or use a lot of trial and error to find out my special talents. The Cutie Mark Crusaders might have done that, but I rather not. And then it turned out they didn’t need to do all that stuff anyway for their cutie marks. Gaming might be my favorite hobby, but I’m still not super great at them, nor do I know how to make them. I took one look at coding and I just noped completely out of that.”

“Can you draw?”

“Technically yes, but not anything that isn’t really simple. When you call someone by a job title, you expect some degree of mastery. Just because I can poorly draw doesn’t mean I’m going to call myself an artist or people would expect a lot better than I can do.”

“You’re hitting adulthood in April. You might be a late bloomer in talent and that’s okay.”

“I don’t know how dad would feel about that if it means I’m stuck with him for that much longer.”

“Name some positives about yourself.”

“Okay, so, I’m quite outspoken, although I guess that can also get me in trouble.”

“Positives!”

“I’m outspoken and strong in my viewpoints. I will not simply follow what everyone else is doing simply because its popular. I get really good grades in school. The work isn’t that hard. I almost applied for honors, just so I could have more of a challenge, but I don’t want to spend any longer than necessary in school. Although the world is slowly catching up in how to use modern tech like smartphones, I’m ahead of the curve already. I can type around seventy words a minute with little errors. You’re my friend. I’m young and therefore have most of my life still ahead of me.”

“See? You’re doing great Heather!” Pinkie gave her a hug, lifting her off the ground.

“This is nice, but can you let me down now?” Pinkie did so.

“Like how there’s Assertive Fluttershy, we can get Positive Heather.”

“I’m getting pumped! Positivity, let’s do this! I’m worthy! I have a good future ahead, even if I don’t know what that will look like.”

“Don’t forget about your new human friend, Gracie.”

“But I hardly know...”

“No buts. I mean, aside from the one we all have, but no other buts!”

“I will get to know her. I can even show off smart Luna.”

“That’s the spirit! Tomorrow, go into the school like it’s the happiest place you ever been in. You may not have friends there yet, but back home, you’re loved.”

“I can do this! Let’s go!”


The next morning, Heather was getting ready for school. Having looked through the kitchen window, she noticed a set of stairs outside. “Pinkie, how did those stairs get there?”

“I built them myself.”

“With what?”

“Happy thoughts, but mostly wood.”

“And where did said wood come from?”

“In here,” Pinkie pointed to her hair.

“Oh, of course. I bet things larger than your hair fits in there.”

“Of course.”

“What do you even need a staircase for anyway? To get to the roof? But then what would you do up there?”

“Watch.” Heather went outside. She saw Pinkie face the stairs backwards, then she jumped back into them rapidly, till she reached the top and took off in a blur toward a particular direction. Heather stood there for several seconds, watching what just happened.

Did she just perform backwards long jumps in real life? I did sorta expected this after I shown her about it, but I’m still surprised she did it for real. Heather thought.


Barely into afternoon that same day, Logan got a call from Heather. “I can’t do this anymore dad, I don’t want to come back. Pick me up, I’m done with school.”