• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 750 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie takes Earth - Goldstar



Pinkie Pie ends up on Earth as a human. With seemingly no way back home, she must adapt to life in this strange new world.

  • ...
3
 44
 750

7. Twilighting

The next morning in Equestria after Pinkie’s disappearance, Twilight was still reading books. Her half-opened eyes were bloodshot and her mane was sticking out in several places.

“Twilight?” Starlight Glimmer asked with great concern. “Did you sleep at all?” Twilight faced Starlight, with a very forced smile.

“This is all my fault. I have to find Pinkie! Who knows where she can be.”

“Nopony blames you Twilight. It wasn’t your fault she sneezed at the last second.”

“I built this machine. It was supposed to be stable! And now who knows where in Equestria, or beyond, Pinkie is. I sure hope she’s okay and she didn’t end up in some place awful or where a pony can’t survive.”

“Deep breaths Twilight, remember what Cadance taught you.” Twilight performed deep and fast breaths into a paper bag. “Relax, get some sleep. You can’t find Pinkie if you can barely stand.”

“Alright... okay, I’m... fine.” Twilight could barely walk, resulting in Starlight using her magic to levitate Twilight all the way into bed. Starlight then gathered Spike in the castle and ordered him to round up Twilight’s friends. He flew around and a few minutes later, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy arrived in the map room.

“I placed missing Pinkie flyers all around Equestria like Twilight asked,” Rainbow affirmed.

“I do hope Pinkie is okay,” Fluttershy pled.

“We all do darling.” Rarity assured.

“Pinkie is tougher than we sometimes give her credit for, “Applejack expressed. “Why I bet she’s laughin’ danger in the face.”

“She usually has us, but not this time,” Fluttershy reminded.

“Pinkie’s probably already throwing parties wherever she is,” Rainbow said with a brash smile.

“After Twilight gets her sleep and settled, let’s go talk to her.” Fluttershy suggested.

“We done what we could for now,” Applejack mourned, “We still have our jobs and teachin’ to get back to.”


Later that day, Twilight woke up, had afternoon breakfast, and went into her library. She asked Spike to get her friends over. Meanwhile, Twilight searched books on teleportation magic, hoping to find out anything new she might have missed before. Starlight Glimmer entered the room.

“I’m glad you’re well rested Twilight,” she said, “Is there any other way I can help find Pinkie?”

“Go meet with Sunburst. I know he’s already helping, but you two together will probably be better than you both looking without the other. If I can’t find anything here, I’ll check the forbidden wing in Canterlot castle.”

Ten minutes later, Twilight’s friends and Spike returned. Spike suddenly burped out a letter.

“Twilight, it’s from Cadance.” Twilight quickly grabbed the letter in her magic and read it.

“This is bad! They found Pinkie nowhere in or around the Crystal Empire.”

“Or good, because it narrows down how many places are left to search.”

“Good point Spike, but what if we don’t find her in Equestria? And it’ll be all my fault. I had one job, one job!”

“You’re Twilighting again.”

“Right. I still can hardly believe that became a verb. Maybe Pinkie didn’t appear in a place populated by ponies. I can only hope Dragon Lord Ember and others have more luck than we are.”

“We got this Twilight.” Rainbow said, “We saved Equestria dozens of times. Even Starlight Glimmer and the star students at your friendship school helped saved Equestria. When have we ever came up to a problem we can’t solve?”

“But what if a world ending villain threat shows up during this time?” Twilight asked, “Oh no! I just announced to every creature that Pinkie is missing. Any villain can take advantage of that and doom Equestria! I’ve made a big mistake! I wasn’t thinking that at the time!”

“Twilight, it’s okay,” Rarity put a hoof on Twilight’s back. “The other princesses can help if something like that happens again without all of the Elements together.”

“I hope you’re right Rarity,” Twilight pled, “I’m sorry I keep panicking, but this isn’t some friendship problem to solve. I finally learned to become calm in such situations, till this happened. The Cakes will have to run their store without Pinkie’s help. She runs so many parties that Ponyville will decline without them.”

“Deep breaths sugarcube, deep breaths,” Applejack empathized.

“This is hardly like anything I had to solve before.” Twilight blew into a paper bag. “Calming down, calming down. Okay, let’s make another plan. So, we know that Pinkie’s not in the Crystal Empire. The other kingdoms have reported nothing yet. If we can’t find her around here anywhere, than we may have to look to the stars.”

“Do you know how many stars are in the sky?” Rainbow questioned.

“Enough that trial and error of visiting each star would far surpass how long Luna was banished to the moon.”

“I do hope the dear is back in our lives while we’re still young,” Rarity wept.

“Of course. I’ll need to check my teleportation machine again.”

“I have an idea,” Fluttershy suggested. “No pony knows Pinkie better than her closest sister, right?”

“Except maybe her parents,” Applejack supposed, “You think she might know something we don’t?”

“She may understand how Pinkie sneezes. It’s... something to go on.”

“I’ll go get her,” Rainbow was already flying out.

“Actually, allow me,” Twilight stepped in. She teleported away and a few seconds later, teleported back in with Maud Pie. Maud was dizzied. “Sorry about that, I forgot that happens to ponies not used to sudden and unexpected teleportation.” Maud barely heard what Twilight said in her dizzy state, but Maud came to her senses a few seconds later.

“I can confirm Pinkie is alive,” Maud said very sure of herself.

“Really? That’s great!” Twilight praised with a clap.

“We have a psychic link through our senses.”

“The scientist in me wants to know more, but now’s not the time.” Twilight brought Maud to the teleportation machine. “Through a combination of magic and science, this machine is supposed to teleport creatures and objects to coordinates entered into this machine. I didn’t realize it was so fragile but leave it to Pinkie to surprise us. I know this has nothing to do with rocks, but I’m hoping your connection with Pinkie can help.”

“When exactly did she sneeze?”

“One point eighteen seconds before the teleportation happened.”

“And where was she supposed to teleport to?”

“Canterlot castle courtyard.” Twilight then explained the exact direction and distance.

“I can tell you the force of Pinkie normally sneezing.”

“I’m glad you know so much about this, you’ve been a great help! I’ll get Starlight and Sunburst over to help adjust the machine to take this information into consideration. I would ask Star Swirl, but he’s probably working on his own method and this technology would take a while longer to explain to him.” A few seconds later, Twilight spoke up again. “One more thing. We’ll try to set up a portal that allows going to and form. We can try to teleport you close to where Pinkie is, but it’ll take awhile longer to get a two-way portal up. And to say nothing of what could possibly come back through if the portal is left opened for long.”

“I’ll do what’s necessary to get Pinkie back.”

“Of course. It’s going to be awhile to adjust this machine, so I can send you back home now.”

“I’ll pack supplies and bring Boulder along.” Twilight’s horn started to glow. “I rather walk.” Once Maud started walking out, Twilight teleported all the way to Canterlot to round up Starlight and Sunburst, then teleported back to the machine.

“You’re one of the only ponies I know who are smart enough to understand me explaining this machine and how to make very precise adjustments. The other princesses are likely too busy right now.”

The three spent hours preparing the teleportation machine to teleport close to where Pinkie Pie might be. They only stopped once for dinner cooked by Spike. Otherwise, the three ponies came up with theories and other ideas of how the machine malfunctioned.

Later still, Spike entered the room. “Twilight! I got a really important letter.”

“What does it say?”

“It’s from Coco Pommel. She said she found Pinkie Pie in Manehattan.” Twilight had the biggest sign of relief. She wiped her forehead.

“That’s great! Come on, we need to go find Coco and then find Pinkie Pie!” She used her magic to put Spike on her back. She teleported away before either Starlight or Sunburst could say anything.