• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 750 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie takes Earth - Goldstar



Pinkie Pie ends up on Earth as a human. With seemingly no way back home, she must adapt to life in this strange new world.

  • ...
3
 44
 750

11. Maud Pie takes Earth

Author's Note:

Finally overcame my writer's block. Hopefully the next chapters won't take over a week to come out.

She awoken to feelings of being wet. Her eyes adjusted to make her situation quite clear. She was on her way toward a waterfall. With great effort, she swam over to dry land, having narrowly escaped going down the falls. Having more time to adjust to her surroundings, it was nighttime, and this was not anywhere she’s been before. She at first, got into a crawling position. However, it didn’t quite feel right and then she tried standing on two legs. Although she would need to balance herself as she adjusted to this, her new body felt like it was meant to stand on two legs instead of four limbs.

She moved closer to a light source that came from streetlamps. Her outfit had not been much different than what she had before departing, a simple turtleneck pale blue dress that reached close to her knees. Although what she didn’t bring with her were the black boots that were now on her feet. She checked her pouch to confirm her belongings were still with her. She walked in non-random direction with purpose, picking up pace as she adjusted to walking on two legs.

Along the way, she walked onto the street and moments later, a pair of near blinding lights almost crashed into her. What looked to be some sort of cart stopped, while a woman inside stepped out. “What is your problem lady?! I almost ran you over. Don’t you know not to walk on the streets like that?!”

“No.”

“What? Are you drunk? Did you hit your head? Have you lived under a rock your entire life?”

“I took the quickest way across to where I need to be.”

“Pay attention next time! Last thing I need is even more trouble by accidently running someone over.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You even sound so monotone. Whatever, just stay out of the way.” The angry woman got back in her cart and drove off. The stranger continued her pace to her destination, picking up speed over time, from walking, running, and even full on sprinting. She kept this pace up, even cutting through alleyways to get to where she needed to be quicker. However, when she slowed down, she encountered a hooded man in one of the alleyways.

“Hey sweet cheeks, where you in a hurry to?” He asked in a threatening tone of voice.

“My sister.”

“Slow down, let’s get to know each other a bit.” He held his arms out.

“No, I must be going.”

“Why leaving so soon?” He pointed to her pouch, “What’s in that pouch of yours? I bet money.”

“A rock.”

“Really? Maybe that’s what you’re calling a diamond. You don’t look to be dressed rich, but all the better to hide wealth.”

“I’m only going to say this once. Get out of my way.”

“Or else what? You look barely a hundred pounds. I wanna see what you have on you.”

“I wasn’t asking.”

“Me either. Hand your valuables over, now!” Without any change in her expressions, she punched the thief in his chest, causing him to fly back several feet and land on his back, yelling profanities in the process.

“You’ll live, I held back,” she said before resuming her journey. Soon she was full on moving at a pace no normal human could match, arriving at where she wanted to be with no more stops along the way.


Before Maud arrived at the door, Pinkie rushed outside and put her into a big hug. “Oh my gosh Maud! I’ve missed you so much! And I’m sure Equestria misses me too!” Maud smiled.

“It’s okay Pinkie, I will always find you no matter where you go.”

“So much has happened here. I befriended this girl named Heather Young...” Pinkie explained the events that happened between her arrival and now.

“Impressive,” Maud commented, “Twilight is working to get us back home.”

“I’m going to miss the Earthlings I’ve gotten to know, but so many ponies miss me back home. Everyone here I know was expecting this day to come. Humans are fascinating.”

“Boulder is the tracker. I have no intentions of ever losing him. Twilight knows our exact location because of him.”

“Here’s to hoping nothing silly happens where Boulder gets lost and we end up on some crazy adventure to get him back or Twilight sends the portal to the wrong location and some unexpected strangers enter Equestria and then we have to teach them about friendship and...” Maud her held hand up to Pinkie.

“Shh... it’s okay. We’re both in one piece and we’re one step closer to getting you home.”

“You’re right. The Youngs and their dog are asleep. Let’s get in the guest room all quiet like. Shh...” Pinkie escorted Maud inside. “We’ll make do with the sleeping arrangements in the guest room.”


The next morning, after Heather woke up and entered her bathroom, she saw herself in the mirror and panicked. “My hair! I’m supposed to have red hair, but now, it’s blue and green! How?! More of that Equestrian magic I suppose.” She looked closer at her long hair, with the left side now being blue and the right side having turned green. “Thanks, I hate it. Now I’m going to give the wrong impressions to people that I meet. At least I’m not going out in the public like this, or I would need a really big wig to cover this. Am I going to turn into a pony at this rate? I better not have my hands turn into hooves!” She said while holding her hands up and moving her fingers. “I’m way too used to these. They enable such a wide range of interactions that I doubt even sticky hooves could manage. Can’t I get some actual useful changes other than stuff to embarrass me?”

Heather went downstairs to meet dad, who was already preparing his breakfast. “Heather?!” her father noticed, “I’m going to take a wild guess and say you suddenly didn’t decide to dye your hair? First Pinkie, then smart Luna, you neighing like a horse outta nowhere, and now this.”

“What a crazy week this has been,” Heather grumbled, “I’m glad no one else is seeing this. People would really get the wrong impressions of me at school. As if I needed anymore targets on my back.”

“Not that you seem keen on going anyway. I can alert the teachers ahead of time when you go back next week.”

“And what are you going to tell them? That magic from a land full of magical talking ponies turned my hair these colors?”

“Of course not Heather, and you’ll do to be a bit nicer to me,” Logan gave a firm look to his daughter. “I’ll figure out something, just like how I had a friend of a friend help with Pinkie’s ID card. Look, as long as you can function as before, things should be alright.”

“I really hope so dad. Sorry, this whole thing is frustrating. Even if Pinkie hasn’t entered our lives, my school situation is still pretty much the same. Actually, now that she talked to my ex-friends, maybe things will go better back there, but I still really don’t want to go back. It’s not just them, it’s the students in general I have a very bad rep with.”

“I still don’t like the idea of you running away from your problems.”

“I’m not running away!” Heather shouted, then covered her mouth as if to take it back. “I mean... anytime I try confronting them, it just gets worse.” Logan still looked angry at Heather.

“This isn’t going to be a vacation for you where you play video games all day while home. You’re going to be productive. I’ll have tasks for you and I expect them to be done by the time I get back home. Today you get a freebie, but the next three days, I’ll have chores for you. Come, sit.” Heather did so and Logan took a deep breath.

“It’s becoming clearer to me that you’re not going to be ready to move out sometime after your next birthday. In fact, you might not be ready even by your twenty first birthday. It seems school isn’t going to teach you the social skills and workflow necessary to make it out there. And if I throw you out when you’re adult, you’ll have nowhere to go but to drift back to me.”

Suddenly, the Youngs noticed Pinkie Pie and another woman with her. “Whoa! Who are you?!” Heather asked.

“Hi. I’m Maud Pie.” She then pulled Boulder out of his rock pouch. “And this is my pet rock, Boulder. Say hi.” Both the Youngs did a double take.

“I’m Logan Young and this is my daughter, Heather Young,” He then took on a more serious look, “I was able to house Pinkie in the guest room, but it’s starting to get really crowded in here. I don’t think I can handle a third visitor. You and Pinkie will have to make do with the space in the guest room. And there’s only so much I can do with food. Although thankfully, Pinkie is starting to make enough of an income that I can afford more TV dinners and fast food.”

“I understand sir,” Maud answered.

“Unless you go with Pinkie to her new job, you’re probably going to be here with my daughter for some time.” Logan heavily sighed. “Looks like we’ll need to shop for clothes as well. I suppose I should look for a job for you. What are you interested in?”

“Rocks.”

“Hmm... let’s see. I think you could get a job as a geologist or miner. Are we expecting any more visitors?”

“Just Princess Twilight Sparkle when she sets up a portal back.”

“Any idea on when?”

“Nope.”

“I see. I need to be out of here and at work real soon. Heather, be kind to our new visitor.” And with that, Logan headed out. Pinkie waved at him goodbye and she turned back to the others.

“Maud, I’m about to head out to work myself. I’ll even bring you a cupcake back.” Pinkie did her now usual series of backwards long jumps from the outside staircase she built and ended up at work in record time. Heather could still hardly believe her eyes.

“Maud, you’re used to this, right?”

“Yes.”

“Must be nice to have siblings. I’m an only child. And it’s probably nice to have both parents who care, not just one. I bet that’s something else that goes better in Equestria, happy marriages that last. Anyway, since it’s just us two for a while, I guess we should get to know each other.” She pointed to herself. “I’m Heather Young. Wait, dad already told you. Anyway, what are your interests?”

“Rocks.”

“Err... I like video games. And umm... well, I guess Equestria sounds pretty interesting. Anyway, when did you get here?”

“Last night.”

“So, when we were sleeping? Okay, so, let’s try to find some common ground, or at least something I would care more about than rocks. Sorry, just not my thing. Do you have a boyfriend, or err... girlfriend?”

“Boyfriend.”

“What’s he like.”

“Just the most perfect pony ever.” Maud then explained Mudbriar in details, probably one of the few times Heather would probably see Maud smiling.

“That’s great. And Pinkie couldn’t stand him at first? I wonder how dad will feel if I ever gotten a boyfriend or girlfriend. I mean, granted, the odds of that are extremely low,” Heather frowned, “With how insanely difficult it is for me to form any good relationships with people. I really only started making friends again when Pinkie shown up like a week ago. You must be so lucky to have her as a sister, because I’ll probably never meet another person, or pony for that matter, who’s as upbeat and full of energy as her. I really can see her befriending everyone that isn’t a total jerk.”

“To a fault. But that’s what she has her friends and sisterly love for.”


Over at Sweets 2 Go briefly after school hours, Hanzal entered the shop and Pinkie was there serving. She gave the biggest grin upon seeing another possible costumer. “Hello! Welcome to Sweets 2 Go, where your sweet tooth will experience wonders never tasted before. What would you like sir? If it’s tasty sweets, it’s probably sold here.” Hanzal thought about it for a bit.

“I’m here for a layer chocolate and strawberry cake.”

“Coming right up!” Pinkie moved at an inhuman speed to get the cake to him. “You look a bit down, something up?”

“Yesterday I met this girl at high school named Heather Young. She seemed really upset and would hardly talk to me.” Suddenly, a lightbulb literally very briefly appeared above Pinkie’s head. Hanzal wasn’t sure if he really saw that or not.

“I’ve been living in the same house as her.” Hanzal smiled.

“That’s great! I think she can use all the support she can get, based on how I’ve seen her act.”

“I’m almost off work. I can have you stop by. She’s in a better mood already. Let’s get your cake paid for first.” While they took care of the payment, Pinkie was absolutely gushing. “Heather can make even more friends! Soon she’ll have more friends than she can count in the single digits.”