• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 750 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie takes Earth - Goldstar



Pinkie Pie ends up on Earth as a human. With seemingly no way back home, she must adapt to life in this strange new world.

  • ...
3
 44
 750

8. Going out on the Town

Pinkie Pie bounced into action as the front door was forced opened by the burglar’s crowbar. Luna started barking, of which the burglar took notice. “Shut up, I’m trying to get in and out. I don’t want to have to hurt anyone.” The burglar complained. Luna bit the burglar’s left angle, getting somewhat of a grip given her small size. He tried shaking her off. Pinkie arrived in the kitchen.

“Hello stranger, what are you doing here this time of night, without an invite?”

“I invited myself! Now get outta the way or else,” he held up his crowbar, “Smack!”

“That’s not very nice mister. Are you here to take what isn’t yours?”

“Just get out of my way before the police get here!” From seeming out of nowhere, Pinkie Pie threw a pie into the burglar’s masked face. She then brought in her party cannon and fired confetti, followed by puddling that caused the burglar to get stuck in place.

“What a shame, we could have been friends, if you wasn’t trying to hurt us.”

“What kind of crazy girl are you?!”

“I’m Pinkie Pie from Equestria.”

“Why did I even bothered asking?”

“Maybe you can make better life choices after your punishment mister.” Police sirens were heard in the distance.

“Let me out!”

“Maybe if you tried eating your way out.”

“I can’t! Man, I thought this would be easy when I saw no truck outside.”

“Lucky you, I’m in a very good mood. You don’t want to see my bad side.”

“Man, whatever! I can’t believe this, I ain’t telling a soul about this!”

“I could throw you a welcome to prison party, but I don’t think they’re taking visitors.” A police officer finally arrived. She took one look at the pudding surrounding the burglar.

“Lemme take care of that.” Pinkie managed to eat all the pudding in a matter of five seconds. Heather was watching from just out of sight around a corner.

“Please officer, take me away! Get me way from this crazy girl!” The burglar pled.

A few minutes later, Heather hugged Pinkie. “Thank you so much! I called 911 as soon as I heard the breaking in, but the cops wouldn’t have gotten here in time to stop the robbery if not for you. I was so scared!”

“What are friends for? I won’t let any masked meanie faces get in-between my friends and me. I would have known even if you didn’t yell. Pinkie Sense.”

“What? Like a Spider Sense?”

“If you mean detecting stuff without my five senses, yes.”

“Ain’t you just full of surprises. I’m going back to sleep. We should go out on the town tomorrow. It’ll be Saturday, the last day before dad gets back home. I have at least a couple of places in mind.”

“Awesome, I can hardly wait, but I will by time traveling one second at a time into the future.”


Heather woke up later than usual, at ten in the morning. As she went to prepare one of the packed breakfasts, she noticed Pinkie watching cartoons on TV. Pinkie hardly sit still. “After I eat and switch out of these pajamas, I’m calling a taxi to pick us up. I know that’s how you’ve been getting around lately. No idea when dad will let me try for my driver’s license.”

“You need a license to get around faster?”

“Well, cars can be complex and quite dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s not like riding a bicycle where you don’t need a license. You know, I bet if you drove, it would be really silly and dangerous.”

“I’m about the laughs, not risking lives.”

“Maybe you won’t be here long enough for that to matter.” Pinkie walked and fed Luna while Heather set at her computer. Some minutes later after Pinkie got back, the taxi arrived. Once the ladies were in, Heather named where she wanted to go.

“I spy something pink.” Pinkie stated.

“I rather not play again, but fine. It’s your hair.”

“I have yet to get you to guess wrong.”

“If you must talk, which it seems like you do, how about more of your adventures back home?”

“There’s the time Fluttershy faced down a dragon.” Pinkie explained the event in details, at least what she was there to witness and what others said about it afterward.

“The shyest and possibly biggest doormat among you six did that?! I guess I should give Fluttershy more credit.”

“Fluttershy is much more arrestive after a lot of friendship lessons.”

“I hope my own growth as a person doesn’t take that long. You know? You’re the only person I consider my friend, at least nowadays. And I know I’m saying that to someone straight out of what sounds like a cartoon.”

“And soon, you’ll make another friend and another one!” The taxi arrived at the destination. The taxi driver either didn’t paid attention to the talk or ignored it. “Ohhh a bowling alley!”

“No, I didn’t bring any cousins along. Just us two on a girls day out! Besides, I need to delay the process before you surpass me in Mario Kart. I’m super curious as to how you go bowling.”

“I’m so excited!” She grabs Heather’s left hand and runs.

“Hey, slow down, I can barely keep up even with holding your hand. Although once we stop, I rather you let go. I don’t want people thinking we’re a couple.”

“Is it because we’re both girls?”

“These days, I doubt anyone here would care. But it’s more so I don’t want the attention or people to wrongly assume we’re something that we’re not. Anyway, before we go bowling, we need to get specialized shoes for the bowling floor.” Once the two got into bowling shoes, Heather set up a game session for them. “Alright, let me give you a taste of how normal people bowl before you do your Pinkie stuff.” Heather rolled the ball slowly down the lane and hit nine pins. “Oh, but of course. Nine pin queen here. I swear one pin just refuses to fall down to deny me a strike.”

Heather rolled again and this time the ball went into the gutter. “Shoot! I so had that!” Once Pinkie’s turn arrived, she rolled the ball and it went into the gutter. “Maybe I have a chance of winning this,” Heather hoped. The ball then suddenly bounced out of the gutter to strike down eight pins, causing a split between the last two. “Me and my big month. I suspect you’ll get the split, I’m curious to see how.” Pinkie rolled again and this time, the ball bounced off one pin to roll into the other. “If this were a competition, I don’t know if your unusual abilities would count as cheating or not.”

“I’m not a cheater, I’m just good.”

“At least you don’t need a good gaming chair for that. It’s my turn again.” Pinkie’s bowling had all kinds of things happening, like a ball changing speed mid roll, swirling around, and bouncing up and down. This started to gain the attention of other people.

“Oh no, not this much attention!” Heather worried, “I suppose I should have seen this coming. Hopefully they’ll focus on you and not noticed me. At this rate I might just drop myself out so I’m not taking attention away from you. It’s not like I’m doing anything noteworthy with my rolling unlike you.”

“Don’t be shy, maybe you’ll meet someone who’ll want to be your friend.”

“No thanks. Besides, many of the people here are adults and we’re like in very different leagues in terms of interests and hobbies. Not quite enough to form a friendship.”

“You’ll be surprised. I shall turn this into a party!” Pinkie somehow pulled her party cannon out from behind a table. “But how did you even bring that in... right, don’t question your Pinkieness.” With one shot from the party cannon, banners were set up for the party. Another shot set up cupcakes across the tables.

“The bowling party is underway. Let’s have fun everyone!” Pinkie announced. Heather was glad to go mostly unnoticed during the party while Pinkie took up most of the attention. When asked where she was from, she answered Equestria, although no one else seemed to believe that.

“Pinkie, let’s get out of here. I think that’s enough time here.” Pinkie followed up with a frown. “I know another place we can go. The taxi shall be on its way.”

Half an hour later, the two arrived at an arcade. “This place is awesome! They have video games, but unlike the ones back home, they have specialized machines for each one with controls custom suited for the games. I want to show you one game in particular.” Heather pointed to an arcade machine with a dance pad. “This is Dance Dance Revolution. A song plays and arrows will slide on screen. When the arrows are close enough, you press the correct direction on the dance pod. I’m awful at it, but you’ll probably do well.”

“Sounds fun, let’s go!” Heather put coins into the machine and watched as Pinkie got on the pad, then selected the highest difficulty. “Pinkie, you haven’t played before!” As the notes appeared onscreen, Pinkie performed some very fast leg work to hit every note without missing a single one. The number of notes on screen got progressively higher as Pinkie shown no signs of slowing down. Although Heather expected this, her jaw still dropped at seeing this being a reality. Like with her bowling, Pinkie’s dancing drew a crowd. Although this time, Heather wasn’t so clearly with Pinkie the same way like at the bowling alley.

“Who is this chick?!”

“This pink girl has got the groove!”

“I wish I could play like that!”

“I’m recording this and putting it on YouTube.”

“She must be the life at parties.” Were just some of the comments Heather overheard. Oh no, Pinkie is probably going to get popular. This is going to make it so much harder for me to stay out of the spotlight. Heather feared. A stranger asked Pinkie who she was.

“I’m Pinkie Pie, professional party planning person.” Once Pinkie was done dancing, she ended up spinning over to Heather. The crowd were all focused on Pinkie. “Sometimes it’s like I never left home or became a human.”

“Let’s not stay here much longer. If you become famous, people will keep coming.”

“The more the merrier for bigger, funnier parties!”

“And a nightmare for me. I know I came out with you on the town to see how you would be, but I should have known you would probably become the talk of the town in short time. It could take a bit before the taxi gets here. I want to go someplace fancier than fast food to eat. You can probably order a salad.”

Among the crowd was a young woman, who appeared to be around Heather’s age, spotting long blonde hair. “Oh, hey Pinkie, friend of yours? If she’s with you, she probably has something special about her going on.”

“She’s my first human friend. She handles crowds better than Fluttershy when I first met her, but Heather is making new friends.”

“Pinkie!” Heather yelled.

“It’s cool,” the blonde woman said, “I’m Gracie Miller. There’s not much to do around here other than, yet again, look at the namesake falls of this city. I wished my parents us to New York City or somewhere less dull than here.”

“Err... hi. I’m Heather Young. Pinkie is... not from around here. Oh good, Pinkie’s crowd is shrinking.”

“You have quite an interesting friend. She must really put a lot of effort into her hair.”

“You could say that. Look, I’m not really good at small talk. I tend to find it pointless.”

“That’s okay.”

“Hey Heather,” Pinkie started, “She’s talking to you, why not become friends?”

“It’s not that simple Pinkie. We hardly know each other.”

“Then let’s fix that right now.”

“See what I have to deal with Gracie? I’m just an introvert and Pinkie is probably the biggest extravert that I know of. Other then me braving going outside today, I would rather stay home and play video games. Much easier that way then dealing with the trouble of people.”

“You poor thing.”

“I don’t need pity.”

“I didn’t mean it. Are you by any chance autistic? I’ve been done with high school for a year now. Most of the people you meet there won’t matter once you’re out.”

“I dunno, maybe I am autistic. I’m glad past school, most people I know there won’t be in my life anymore. If I can never see my ex-friends there again, I’ll be happier.”

“You said you played video games, which ones?”

“Games on my Switch. I don’t have a gaming PC so I can’t really do much with games on a normal people computer.”

“I do a lot of PC gaming, but I’m sure I can handle playing on the Switch as well.”

“Sounds like my taxi is here Gracie.”

“Leaving already? You want my number?”

“Fine. I hope you’re not using me just to get to know the suddenly popular Pinkie more.”

“Been there, done that.” Heather and Gracie gave each other’s phone numbers before Pinkie rushed Heather into the taxi.

“It looks like you already made a new friend that isn’t me.” Pinkie praised.

“Can I say I’m friends with her if I only learned a little bit about her?”

“Of course. I made friends who I knew even less.”

“Right... you’re you.” They arrived at the restaurant. Upon entering, they were seated and given a menu. “Okay, so I know this might be really hard for you, but we have to wait for our food. It could take upwards of half an hour or more depending on what we order.”

“That’s fine, I got you to talk to.”

“But I rather... okay, fine. I suppose I could learn more about the stuff you did back home.”

“I actually want to know more about you Heather. You’re my best Earth friend so far!”

“I don’t think I’m exactly a very in-depth person.”

“What would you like to do when you grow up?”

“I haven’t put much thought into it. I figure I’ll just hang out with dad till he forcefully kicks me out. I don’t see myself working. You know how many jobs require talking to people a lot? Those are just a big no for me. And don’t tell me I just need to like people more. You’re very much an exception, but most humans are not you. Well, more like none in terms of what you can do, but I mean like personality wise. And even those ones don’t have unlimited energy.”

“Back home, there’s three fillies named the Cutie Mark Crusaders who are great at helping ponies find their special talents.”

“Fillies, as in little girls?” Pinkie nodded, “I’m not well versed on my horse terminology. Anyway, it’s not like I’m going to get a cutie mark that tells me what to do. I haven’t thought much beyond just getting this final year of school over with. Near the end of June, this will all be over for me. I have no ideas for what to major in college, if I even go at all.”

“Have you considered a special somebody? Ohhh! Is there a boy you want to go out with?”

“Nope.”

“Ohhh, ohhh! A special girl! Boy or girl, it’s perfectly okay with me.” Heather blushed.

“No, not a girl either. You know what? I’m not entirely sure. At least if I got with a girl, I don’t have to worry about children. Wait, no! She might want to adopt. Better yet, I get with no one at all, then I don’t have to carry that weight with me.” The waitress came over to handle the orders. Heather ordered chicken tenders and fries, with a soda, while Pinkie ordered a salad with a cup of water.

“Where’s your mother?”

“That’s a bit of a long story. Her and dad broke up years ago. Neither of them will directly tell me, but I think she left because of me. She couldn’t deal with the stress of raising me and I guess dad wasn’t enough for her to stay. Come to think of it, that’s another betrayal in my life. I know I can’t be the worst person ever for so many people to be repealed by me. And I suppose it’s only a matter of time before dad completely loses his patience with me. Once I turn eighteen in late April, he can kick me out of the house and there’s nothing I can do about it. I would get child support payment for another three years, but then I’m completely on my own after that.”

“Don’t be so negative Heather. Things can and will get better because I’m here!”

“Who knows for how long. Look, you got your life back home to get to. I’m sure Twilight or whoever is using magic to bring you back. You know, I don’t really have much of a life here. What if I were to come back to Equestria with you?”

“You have dad, Luna, and Gracie.”

“Of whom I barely know.”

“For now.”

“Equestria sounds really great form what you told me. Some days ago, I would have believed none of it. And I know it’s a huge leap of faith to believe something like that is really out there, even with the clearly impossible things you’ve been capable of doing. Makes me wonder if any of your other friends came over, if they could fly or cast spells.”

“I’ll ask Twilight if she can set up a portal between our worlds. Then we can always meet each other again.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea. There are bad people, way worse than that burglar who tried to break in my home last night. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to tell you humans are awful and the worst species ever, but I’m glad you’re ignorant to human history. Hmm... actually, maybe ponies from Equestria could make humans kinder. It’s a long shot.”

The ladies got their food. Pinkie finished her food in several seconds while Heather took close to twenty minutes to finish her meal. “I can barely focus on talking and eating at the same time. Not my fault you treat food like something to speedrun through. Anyway, our next stop is home. Dad should hopefully be back home tomorrow.”

Upon arriving home, Heather noticed Luna fed herself extra dog food. “Luna, how? Hey, I’m talking to you!” Luna turned to smile at Heather and then raised a paw to wave at her. “You never done that before, what gives?” Luna raised a paw to her head. “What?”

“She’s smarter now, duh.” Pinkie answered.

“Wait, what?”