• Published 29th Jan 2022
  • 2,398 Views, 93 Comments

The Wayfaring Strangers - BiasedAmerican



2 Friends are summoned in the world of MLP. And one of them is too excited.

  • ...
14
 93
 2,398

So, what are Humans?

As the two sat down, Elta looked around as she noticed the two who she protected were looking around.

Twilight asked, "Who and what are you?"

Elta looked away form the humans and towards Twilight, promptly letting out a huff in response to her question. "So the Princess of Friendship finally shows some courtesy? Lets hope you can keep it that way this time." Casting a slight glare in the direction of Twilight, Elta spoke slowly and with more of a lowered voice to get her point across.

"For starters, you know what I am already, I'm a Griffon, nothing more to be said about that. Who I am though, you can call me Elta, Princess. As for why I'm here in the first place? Well as I'm sure you're more than aware, my people and yours are on the brink of war, and frankly I'm just out here trying to find an escape from it all, because you can bet I'm not going to go die in a war that only serves to benefit those love sucking parasites."

"Just know I'm not here to cause any trouble, though unfortunately I've encountered many of your people who seem to think otherwise throughout my venture. While I could tolerate it personally, seeing others being treated in the exact same fashion just set me off, especially towards these two! These two aren't Griffon, Changeling, nor Dragon, yet here you sitting upon this high pedestal of friendship claiming you're kind and accepting of everyone, but the next thing you know you're aiming weapons at complete strangers from who knows where, and threatening them! You have no idea what they are, or who they are, but I'll tell you they they look like they can snap your neck like a-"

Elta's rant was suddenly cut off by Tankery raising his hand up, giving her the que to be quiet and that she probably had gone a bit too far. She felt herself shirinking down a pit in embarrassment, her intentions came from a good place in her heart, but she really did get too fired up sometimes.

Tankery then spoke out in a serious tone as he stood up, "We are humans. And if you want to attack me or my friends, we will retaliate in a lethal matter. We we're teleported here by the bug bastards from our world, and we've chosen to help you in the coming war we've been hearing about." After Tankery finished talking, Elta just cast a look of bewilderment towards Tankery.

"Wait, so you two got teleport here from your world, escaped the Changelings, and came all this way to help the ponies in the war effort? Uhm, that's quite a tall tale." A thousand questions were rushing through Elta's mind at the moment, not to mention some suspicions. Just what the heck kind of individuals did she help?

"You know, she does raise a good point there. How did you even escape their custody, and how do we know if you're still working with them or not?" Twilight asked.

Twilight was struck with fear, she began getting an idea on what all humans are like, but they could do it because she's been seeing the two as technologically advanced than Equestria by centuries! It's becoming a common theme of being surprised and being constantly feared at the Humans.

She hesitantly got out a sentence, "Now... I he- heard you were teleported, I- I haven't heard of humans before in our world..."

"Yes! Now, me and my friend come from the United States, the strongest country in our world. Now, since the only person from the US is here, I'll let him explain our world." Tankery excitingly said.

Starlight and Spike were scared as shit, they saw the two looking for them as they walked in, and Starlight was just breathing space away from the 'dangerous creatures'.

Soviet got up and spoke, "In 1776, the United States of America gain independence through our revolutionary war..." He then spoke on about 300 years of US History, Twilight, Spike, Elta, and Starlight were amazed on how much history was present in a single country. And when Soviet said that this wasn't the only country in their world, she was shocked. The evolution of Humanity's weaponry and technology, far surpassed Equestria or any nation in Equus combined! Tankery saw this and loved how they keep surprising these ponies, with or without magic, they'll beat them themselves.

After Soviet finished his long talk, he sat back down and Tankery corrected Soviet. "So one, no one won the war of 1812, two, the US didn't take Germany all on their own, even though they could, three, Vietnam did not have WMD's and didn't lose instantly, and four, the US is not the ruler of Beijing and won instantly."

The non-humans who heard the speech all thought the same thing, 'If those were the only things corrected, then humans are more powerful than Princess Celestia!' Everyone in the room believed them except Elta and Starlight. "No one could really be more powerful than Celestia herself, can they?" Starlight whispered to herself.

Soviet heard whispering under the table while Tankery was talking. He suspected that the people that were watching them before were under the table. He turned around to scan the room again to find the other person, but as he was scanning the room, Elta looked confused, it was as if he was looking for someone.

"Are you looking for someone?" Elta asked Soviet.

"No, no.. just curious..." Soviet answered. Elta's confusion worsened after Soviet's unhelpful answer. She wanted to strike a conversation with the "Human" since she barely knew anything about them except their world's history. She still didn't know the other person's name.

"So...." She said curiously. "What's your name?" She said in a excited voice. Soviet was confused on how this person can change emotions so quickly. "First she's mad, now she's curious?" Soviet thought to himself. "My name is Soviet." Alex answered.

"Wait, your names sound peculiar, especially if your name is that of your nation's sole enemy. Are these nicknames or are these your actual names?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah..... but we're not telling you our actual names." Tankery answered.

"Are your voices always this scary?" Elta asked. Soviet and Tankery looked at each other and stared at Elta, and both said, "No."

Elta got scared for a bit since both creatures wearing weird and horrifying masks staring straight at her, clad in green clothing and having unnerving and garbled voices that you can just clearly hear what they were saying.

Twilight was still curious on how they escaped the combined army, so she asked, "Wait, you said you killed the army that summoned you. Even with your technology, you couldn't possibly taken that many troops, even dragons! All by yourselves." She pointed out.

"I mean... we did just do this.. mind if something happened to this ceiling?" Soviet asked.

"Yes."

"Alright..." Soviet walked over to the window and opened it. He spawned an M60 and placed the bipod on the window. He then looked behind him and said, "Cover your ears!" After that, the still hidden Starlight and Spike had no idea what was happening, but all they knew was that there were 'dangerous' creatures in the same room as them, and one of them opened a window.

Elta walked up to Twilight and asked her, "Is he going to jump, or fly?"

"I don't know..." A confused Twilight replied. She was trying to figure out what he was doing, or what he was even holding was a more intriguing question she would like answered.

Soviet cocked his M60E4, took a deep breath and...

He was walking down the street, trying to find the creatures that the Queen herself ordered him to find and capture if possible. He thought to himself, "Did they really find out who I was? Did the mages say who I was? But whatever the reason, I just hope t hey don't know I'm a changeling. They could blow my cover I worked years on!"

But just as he was getting lost in his thoughts, multiple distant sounds that he distinctly remembered were heard, but there was more of them. He immediately ran as the first few rounds hit the ground near him.

Soviet pulled the trigger, and the loud gunshots deafened any other sounds in the room, except the panicking the scared screams of the non-human creatures. Soviet aimed at the changeling spy and spotted earlier and decided to scare him psychologically. The M60E4 stopped firing as Soviet said, "I'm out."

As the gunfire stopped, multiple guards followed by Applejack and Rarity barged through the doors and tried to assess what happened. "Twi!" Applejack yelled as she ran towards her. She checked if she was harmed in any way and asked her, "What in the haystack happened here?!" She yelled. "The humans... they were.. demonstrating.." Twilight answered in a still shell shocked tone from the gunfire.

Applejack then ran to Soviet and tried to tackle him, as she jumped, Soviet took a step backwards and applejack hit her face on the ground in front of Soviet.As she fell, Tankery was holding a guard to the ground while trying not to laugh. Twilight saw that the situation was escalating and she yelled, "Stop!" As she yelled, everyone stopped their actions and looked at her to see what she was going to say.

"These... Humans are friendly, they escaped the Coalition's custody and came here to help us." She said in a calming tone, as a effort to calm tensions in the room. It worked, and Elta then stood near Twilight and added, "She is right. If they came here to help stop the coming war, then we need to get as much help as we can get to stop this war." Elta explained.

The guards stepped away from the Humans and Applejack stood up in embarrassment, and Rarity, still attending to Twilight, kept asking her if she was okay. Tankery and Soviet were thankful for Twilight's effort to calm tensions down on what could've been a bloodbath. Tankery sighed and thought, 'Great, we have a war to stop.'

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delays, school and stuff taking most of my time. I'll try my best to hurry and meet up with the crossover event with

aegishailstorm