• Published 29th Jan 2022
  • 2,398 Views, 93 Comments

The Wayfaring Strangers - BiasedAmerican



2 Friends are summoned in the world of MLP. And one of them is too excited.

  • ...
14
 93
 2,398

Operation Etiquette

"1-2, in the front. Tim, stay behind with me. We let the diplomats walk between us." Soviet instructed. "Voice changers, on." The squad then activated their voice changers to Combine soldiers. "Princess Twilight, follow Tankery and Ewok. We'll watch behind." Soviet instructed as the Ponies got out of the train carriages. The group nodded. "Guards, protect the group from the sides." Soviet ordered. The Equestrian guards saluted and walked into their positions, with their armor clunking as they walk. Soviet looked around and saw a massive crowd only being blocked by visibly underequipped Zebrican soldiers. Soviet, Tim, and Tankery got into their positions and slowly made space through the crowd to allow the diplomats to pass through. They were clearly angry by their presence alone.

As they were passing through the street and heading straight to the City hall, Tankery noticed a tall tower that overlooked half of the city. "1-1, I found a vantage point." Tankery pointed out on the radio. Soviet looked at the tower and acknowledged it's importance.

"Once we reach the objective you can discreetly hide out in there." Soviet said.

"Roger that 1-1."

They finally reached the City Hall, there were several soldiers with barricades blocking the mob from raiding the City Hall. "Looks like we have a warm welcome." Tim sarcastically said as he looked around. They entered the grand white marbled city hall, similar to the Lincoln Memorial. "Soviet, does this look familiar?"

"I swear to god I will bomb this place in the name of Freedom and Democracy, there can only be one God Blessed American structure, and it shall only belong in God's blessed land." Soviet sarcastically said while also sounding serious.

"Jesus christ dude. Calm the fuck down." Tankery said. But as they talked, they were speaking through comms in their helmets. With their helmets being soundproof unless they switched it to make them talk to anyone who's not on their comms.

Soviet looked around, "Wait Tank, where are you?" Soviet asked.

"I like how we're not using our designated numbers anymore, but I'm already at the tower." Tankery answered.

"Alright. Alert us if anything happens." Soviet ordered.

"Roger that." Tankery replied.

They entered what seemed to be a throne room, with soldiers aligned along the walls and what seems to be Royalty on 3 thrones. But they seemed snooty, to say the least. It was luxurious inside of building, but outside is like the slums.

"Soviet, these Zebras seem angry. And they are starting to turn into a militia. Troops are suppressing the rioters now, and even some of the troops were joining the mob. They're focusing the attempts on taking over the streets heading to City Hall." Tankery reported.

"We better hurry." Tim stated.

"Princess, we have to hurry. Rioters are starting to get more serious." Soviet reported to Twilight.

"Okay, I will try my best." Twilight said.

"Hello! Friends from Equestria! Welcome to Zebrica, I apologize for the ruckus outside, we weren't expecting such a response from our people. I mean we treat them well and everything!" The Queen said.

Soviet and Tim looked at each other with doubt. Then facing back at the Queen. "Well, where are my manners? I am Queen Novonia. This here is my Husband Hyslia and my Daughter Magoa." The Queen zebra introduced.

"Greetings Queen Novonia, I am Princess Cadance, one of the Princess' of Equestria." Cadance introduced. "I brought the company of Princess Twilight and the Elements of Harmony."

"And who are these?" Novonia asked, pointing to Soviet and Tim.

"These two are the 'Special Creatures' that had entered Equestria recently. These are the Humans." Twilight introduced.

Tim and Soviet saluted, almost perfectly in sync. But Tim was a bit slowed down, Soviet noticed this and he figured out that Tim was nervous.

Soviet spoke in his helmet, "Juan, show Tankery's camera feed." It then showed feed inside his helmet, it was the camera attached on Tankery's helmet on the side. It showed the riots starting to turn to armed rebellion.

"Jesus christ. Soviet you seeing this?" Tankery asked.

"I see it. We better hurry." Soviet said. As he heard their conversation, Tim got worried. He was tired already, since he hasn't had sleep. But with the fact they might have to fight an entire city is what worries him.

"Well Queen Novonia, I come here to ensure your nation's neutrality in the upcoming war. We at Equestria wish to not go to war with your great nation." Cadance informed.

"You girls can go hang out somewhere else, it's going to get boring in here." Twilight told her friends. Twilight gave the Zebrican guards a side eye as she caught them staring at their flanks. Which Soviet then moved in front of their view, the guard's couldn't see his face but felt his eyes staring straight into their souls.

"Tim, pervets, 3 'o clock." Soviet radioed.

"Roger." Tim then looked at any guard's able to see their diplomat's flanks and broke their line of sight by blocking their flanks by moving in their line of sight.

"Looks like these guys were former gangs, their uniforms are barely standard." Tim commented on their equipment, which was just anything they could find as 'Armor'.

"Looks like it, I bet these guys are ready to turn on their Queen any second." Soviet said.

"Yipee!" Pinkie cheered silently.

"We'll be here if you need us, Sweetie." Rarity assured.

"Yeah Twilight, we-" Applejack was cut off as the door busted down. The girls screamed. It was a horde mixed of starving civilians and soldiers turned sides. Then gunfire ripped from outside, mowing down the horde in front. Soviet and Tim moved in front of the girls who were shocked and scared.

"Open fire if they come close." Soviet then looked at the guards who were supposed to be helping, did nothing.

"I bet these guys are either corrupt or they REALLY hate their government" Tim said as this is starting to look like a coup.

"Well, considering how anti-war this country is, I guess we sparked it." Tankery added.

"Tim, bring the girls to a secure room and escape through the back. Head back to the railway station, do not stop." Soviet ordered. Tim was caught in an indecision. He looked at the oncoming crowd and it was more than what one of their own could handle, even if the mob wasn't armed. He looked at Soviet then Twilight and the group. He sighed, "Got it, but when the fuck are going to regroup with us?"

"Just do it Tim! We don't need the diplomats to be caught in the crossfire. And I need you guys out of here if I have to resort to it."

"A nuke?! Are you fucking crazy?!" Tim screamed.

"Just get a move on! I have the armor, I can withstand these guys. Regroup at the station and get the hell out of here!" Soviet said.

Tim, still in an indecision then nodded, "Got it, it. But you better fucking be there." Tim pointed.

"Twilight, Cadance!" Soviet yelled. "DO NOT STOP, FOLLOW TIM, DO NOT WAIT FOR ME. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Soviet said as he unloaded a burst into the coming horde.

"Yes Soviet!" Twilight said shockingly. "Is he going to sacrifice himself for us?" Applejack asked.

"No, he's just going to delay them. We're outnumbered here, and we have you guys to worry about. So we better fucking move!" Tim said as he ushered the group through a door and to a window. He broke the window with the back of his rifle, and clearing the shards with his gloves. "Move!" Tim said as he jumped through the window and secured the area outside of the window. It was an empty street, no one was there."

"Tankery! I need covering fire-!" Soviet ordered but was cut off.

Tankery, out of breathe responded, "Not able to right now! I'm getting molotovs being thrown at me and they're swarming the building! I'm setting up a bomb and jumping out."

"Roger, do all you can." Soviet said. "Juan, we have a job to do." Soviet said. "Si Senor! Show them what we got!" The mexican AI said.

"My people! What are you doing?! I am your Queen! We shall not be-!" The queen was cut off, by the fact her throat was cut off by the Guards that were supposed to be protecting her. But as Soviet looked, they were clearly close to dying from starvation. Which makes a reasonable reason why these people are revolting. But it didn't matter, he had to delay the mob before they reached the team. Once they charged at him, he started firing at the horde

He leaned out against the corner and checked both sides. "Clear." Tim motioned his hands to move forward as he held his rifle with one hand. "Tank, where the hell are you?" He asked.

"One sec." A response from the radio reported. Then an ODST dropped from a rooftop and onto the ground and rolling as he landed on the other side of the street. "Shit!" Tanker then fired off a few rounds to his right, unable to see, Tim asked.

"What's there?" Tim asked.

"They fucking followed me!" Tankery screamed. Firing his battle rifle more and more each second. Then stopped and ran towards Tim screaming, "Shoot at them!"

"What's happening?" Twilight asked. Tim was confused. The tension was building up on him and his anxiety rushing. "Why the fuck is this happening now? Why am I now getting scared?" Tim thought to himself.

Then Tim waved left into a street, then he looked back at Twilight and pointed at Tankery and then a waving motion.

"Follow him?" She asked. Tim nodded.

"Wait, now why aren't yer talking?" Applejack asked on his suspicious. Tim didn't care about this as he saw the coming horde. Then he crouched and fired his rifle. Tankery did the same. Tankery then waved to the group to come to him.

The group was hesitant, with the Humans not talking it felt weird and strange. "Doesn't matter, girls. They're holding them back for us, and we have to get to the train station." Twilight reminded. Then they ran towards Tankery.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Tim asked as he threw a grenade at the horde. Causing them to halt for a minute before their shock was over and they continued charging.

"There." Tankery pointed, Tim looked and it was a tall tower. Then it exploded with the building collapsing and smoke covering the buildings and streets surrounding it. "That was... too much." Tankery thought to himself. But he holstered his Battle Rifle on his back and yelled to Tim, "Get over here! We have to move to the evac point!" He ushered Tim.

Tim ran towards Tankery as he also threw a grenade to slow down the approaching horde.

"Jesus christ these guys don't give up!" Tankery pointed out as he, Tim, and the girls were running towards the train station as a group.

"I've heard of rumors!" Twilight said as she was running, "They were treated very badly that they became very fanatical!" She said as fires roamed across the city with mobs clashing with government forces.

"Jesus, we really came at a bad time." Tankery said. Tim took a deep breathe to absorb all of the new information in.

"Wait." Tankery stopped, causing the group to stop too. "Where the hell is Cadance?" He asked. The group gasped as they looked around.

"Soviet, come in. Princess Cadance is missing, keep on a lookout. I will try to find her." Tankery radioed in.

"Negative, regroup at the train station. I will find the Princess." Soviet said.

"Roger." Tankery said. "Soviet has us covered, let's continue moving." They started running.

Soviet looked around the room as it was now covered in blood and gore by the remains of the Zebricans. He was tired as his armor is somewhat scratched up as it was attacked by hundreds. His armor was coated in gore and blood, but he wiped his golden visor and began to run around the room to find Cadance. He then saw 2 Zebrican kids run out of a room in the corner of the room, as they vomited and started to cry as they ran through the room with remains everywhere. They ran, scared shitless as they couldn't even look at Soviet.

Soviet was curious on where they came from, they looked scared before they saw what he had done to what was most likely their family. He looked into the room and saw 2 guards enter a disclosed room trying to be discreet. They were talking in some other language that he couldn't understand. Then when they entered another room, Juan caught a glimpse of a Princess Cadance tied up in rope.

"She's in there!" He shouted.

"Got it Juan, time to breach." Soviet said as he reloaded his MA5B. He charged at the door, breaking down the door and saw a very unforgiving sight. Those soldiers were rather more focused on sexual views than food and poverty their nation was going through and the civil war it was currently going through, Cadance was crying, as she seemed beat up and the guards caught with their genitals out. Her hair was messed up and her crown was dented, she had become littered with the dust and other dirty shit the room was covered in. Soviet's feelings turned from anxiety and tension, all turned to anger. One of the people he cared deeply about being.. raped. He gripped his fists and charged at one of the guards. He grabbed him by the throat, firing his MA5B on his 'rod' and kicking his knee backwards. Then grabbing one of their eyes out, but still connected to the eye socket. The other soldier saw this and was in shock, he tried charging Soviet with his spear but Soviet dodged it and the spear hit his fellow comrade. Causing the soldier to fall down in guilt and shock, giving Soviet the chance to crack his neck. Then he looked at Cadance.

"You okay? Whatever they did to you it's over. I'm here." He said worryingly, which even though she was tired and now scarred, she was confused on why Soviet was being so emotional and worried, it's a first for her seeing him like this. She nodded as Soviet tore the tape on her mouth off.

"How did they get you up like this?" He asked as he began cutting the ropes she was tied too.

"They.. they used children as hostages unless I surrendered myself quietly..." Cadance cried.

Soviet stared at her, then nodded. "I'm greatly sorry that this happened, I promise it won't and I'll get you out of this godforsaken hellhole." Soviet spoke in a calm voice.

Cadance nodded.

"Alright, let's get out of here." Soviet said as Cadance got up. Soviet then pulled out a pistol, giving Cadance a shock of fear, then he pointed it at the bodies laying on the ground and firing 2 rounds into each head. "Those bastards will see me in hell." Soviet muttered. He then holstered his pistol and ushered Cadance out of the building.

Once she got out of the room, the stench of amount of bodies and gore littered across the room almost made her vomit. She started to tear, Soviet patted the back of her neck, "We've got to move." He said as he lowered himself down to her eyesight. She nodded while her hoof was covering her nostrils and tears began dripping from her eyes. Once they exited the building, Soviet saw the tower destroyed. Then he radioed in, "Tankery, status report." He spoke.

"We're at the train station. These bastards won't give up!" Then gunfire rang through the radio. "You better hurry! Us and the Guards are barely holding up here!"

"Roger that, moving." Soviet then turned to the Princess. "Princess, I'm going to need you to hold on, tightly." Soviet said as he kneeled downwards with his back turned to Cadance. She grabbed onto Soviet's back with all of her hooves and she held tightly. "Juan, I'm going to need some boost." Soviet said.

"Si Senor." Then a jet booster sound came from Soviet's shins, there were tiny pods with rocket fuel which allowed Soviet to jump high, which he did.

Cadance shreaked as they were in the air. Then within the second, they landed on top of a roof. Then she looked behind on the ground at the City Hall and saw another wave of the horde rush in to find them.

Then Soviet began sprinting, Battle Rifle in hand, he jumped across roofs as Cadance held tightly and gasping once they jumped. His anger and range.. still under the rugs but it would be easily shown by how he aggressively moves.

"Where the hay are they?!" Applejack screamed as she ducked in cover at the doorway of their train cart.

"They should be here soon!" Shining Armor replied as he stabbed a charging Zebrican with his spear and blasted another jumping towards him.

"Shining Armor?! When did you get here?!" Twilight yelled.

"I was here defending the station!" He replied.

"How about less talking and more focusing!" Tankery said as he threw a grenade at the horde. It exploded and caused everyone to flinch except him.

As a Zebrican charged at Tim, he fired a round into it and blood splattered onto his visor. He started to shake.. he fell onto his knees. Seeing this, a Royal Guard stepped in his place to cover him. Tankery rushed over to Tim and spoke to him, "Tim?! Tim?! You good?!" He said as he picked him up.

"This is why... this is why I'm supposed to be a.. a damn marksman..." Tim said.

Tankery hit his helmet to knock some sense into him, "This isn't the time right now! We need to defend this station until Soviet arrives with Cadance and we can leave this fucking place!"

Tim couldn't move or speak, but Tankery can feel him still shake. "Guard! Bring him into the train, I'll cover." The Guardsman then dragged him into the train cart. With Tankery getting back up and spawning a M7 SMG for his left hand as he used both hands to cover for the lack of firepower. The Guards, already used to this covered Tankery wherever they can. Stabbing the Zebricans trying to flank or those that aren't in his lines of sight.

Then a bottle with a rag on fire was thrown at them, midair Tankery shouted, "Molotov!" He then ducked for cover, but Shining Armor unleashed a telekinetic wave, launching the molotov back into the horde.

"Nice!" Tankery spoke. He then spawned down a mounted M247 Machine Gun. "Twilight!" Twilight peaked up from the cover of the train cart's windows.

"Yeah?"

"What's your policy of letting Spike fire a weapon?"

"I'm not going to let him!" She responded fiercely as she couldn't believe he would ask such a thing.

"Fine, then get over here and man this thing!" He pointed at the MG. But then he bent downwards as a Zebra jumped him and missed, falling on the ground. Tankery got back up and unleashed a hail of bullets onto it. "Hurry up!"

Twilight couldn't move after the sight she had just witnessed. "I'll do it!" Rainbow Dash flew to the MG and put her hooves on what felt right.

Tankery got on his knees to the MG, showing her the basics. "This is to fire the gun, you have to turn the thing and aim then fire. Shoot at the Zebras! Not us!" He ordered as he got back up to resume fire on the crowd.

Rainbow Dash nodded as she test fired, which killed a charging Zebra. She flinched but got used to it, she then aimed at another group approaching down the street and she held down the trigger. Watching bright flashes of light ring out, she stopped and saw the group splattered across the road. She started to tear up until..

A loud crack on the ground was heard, and the ground BEGAN to crack with a large cloud of dust surrounded the area. Everyone stopped their current actions, especially the rioters. A figure clad in green armor and a shiny gold visor rose up from the dust cloud. Once Tankery figured out who it was, he continued firing. He then yelled, "That's our package! Let's move!" He said as he fired his weapon while slowly moving backwards.

Rainbow Dash ran from her MG position and into the train. The Guards immediately ran back with Shining Armor. Soviet lent down to Shining Armor to give him Cadance. "Get the train moving." He said once Shining Armor grabbed Cadance. Shining Armor gave a worried look until he had a serious face and nodded. Turning back and saying, "Get the train moving!"

Tankery threw a grenade at the MG post to prevent it's capture and study by the Zebricans. Once they were all in the train cars, Soviet looked back after throwing a bunch of grenades to the horde. "Get the hell out of here!" Soviet ordered Tankery.

"What about you?" Tankery asked as he ran towards a window to face Soviet.

"Just get out of here! I have some debts I need to collect..." Soviet turned around back to the crowd and cracked his knuckles and neck. His comms turned off as he loaded another round to his BR55 and holstered a MA37 to his back. He got into a sprinting position and spoke to Juan, "Activate speed and strength."

"Si." Juan said, but with a worried voice considering he might know what will happen, especially since what he's seen and did within this single day.

"Cadance!" Twilight screamed as she hugged her as everything calmed down once they left Zebrica.

"Goodness me! What so-ever happened to you?!" Rarity screamed. Cadance's appearance was all but neat and clean. Her mane was messed up, her eyes were tired and were close to shellshock, and she didn't seem all that good overall.

"I- I can't say..." She said as her eyes went wide and she blankly stared, trying to remember what happened. Her shock kept her from remembering now... but she could barely move without shaking.

"Yo, Tim, you good?" Tankery kneeled down to a Tim sitting on the car's chair. He asked as he knocked on Tim's helmet lightly 3 times.

"Yeah.. I. I just don't know what came over me..." Tim said as he looked towards Tankery.

"It's fine, but we need a re-evaluation on you with weaponry and combat. I understand that you said you wanted to be a Marksman but that makes sense since you freaked out during CQB. I'll try to convince Soviet to let you be the Marksman. But hey, get some rest once we get back. We're gonna need it. We might've started another war." Tankery said as he got back up and looked back at the city which is now either in flames or engulfed with smoke.

"Where's Soviet?" A shellshocked Fluttershy asked.

"He stayed behind for... something. I guess he's trying to hold them back but considering it's him, he probably did." Tankery said as he let out a sigh and collapsed on the ground from exhaustion.

The Mane 6 screamed at his body falling on the ground with the guards checking his vitals and his breathing by taking off his helmet. The group gasped, finally seeing a Human face. It wasn't... as bad as they were expecting. But still similar to themselves.

"Get him someplace to rest, it'll be a long wait to get back to home." Shining Armor said.

With the sight of Tankery's face, the group began to get curious about what the Human's looked like without the armor, their face, mane, and other physical attributes that weren't enhanced by their armor and equipment. But still, they all lost their train of thought once they took deep breathes and sat on the benches.

Author's Note:

This one seems rush but a huge push into the now plot of the story which I've been working on for months.