• Published 29th Jan 2022
  • 2,398 Views, 93 Comments

The Wayfaring Strangers - BiasedAmerican



2 Friends are summoned in the world of MLP. And one of them is too excited.

  • ...
14
 93
 2,398

The Sleepy

A few hours later, Tankery finally woke up, he was in the air. He looked to the right and noticed he was just floating. "Ah, so that's normal." He thought to himself as he noticed his entire body was covered in a magical aura. "Uhm.... What's happening?" He asked to particularly no one.

"He's finally awake." A slightly higher pitched voice replied.

"Tankery, you're finally awake. We were supposed to bring you to bed. But I guess you're awake so might as well let you walk on your own." Starlight explained. They lifted Tankery from laying down up to him standing up, finally slowly letting him touch down on the ground.

"Thanks for carrying me, didn't know- wait, where is Soviet and the Bradley?" He said as he looked around.

"He went to visit someone." Starlight answered.

"Makes sense, but who is this?" Tankery asked.

"Oh, this is my friend-" Starlight was cut off by...

"The great and powerful, Trixie!" Trixie exaggeratedly introduced herself.

"Ah, so you're Trixie..." Tankery muttered to himself as he remembered what Soviet had told him when he first watched the show.

"Anyways, while everyone is busy, want to go see the border with the Changelings?" Tankery asked.

"I'm good, I'll stay." Starlight answered.

"I'll go! How great and powerful I am, I do get bored too." Trixie answered.

"Fair enough. Alright Trixie, let's go catch that train. But let's find Elta on the way there." Tankery said as he followed Trixie to the train station.

Starlight forgot something and she rubbed her chin, "Now what was I supposed to do...? Oh that's right! I need to tell Soviet about the school!" Starlight said as she ran to the sounds of the loud engine from the Bradley. Which was surrounded by a curious crowd at the Sugar Cube. She squeezed through the crowd, she finally got through as she got in and saw Pinkie Pie, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo sitting down and having conversations, besides Pinkie Pie and Soviet who were in the kitchen baking.

"Uhm, hey you three, what is Soviet doing?" Starlight asked as she heard a voice from the kitchen saying, "I'm baking!"

"Yeah, he's trying to bake cookies which aren't that tasty." Sweetie Belle remarked.

"Yeah, it's for Tankery!" Soviet yelled from the kitchen, "and I heard that!" The CMC's and Starlight chuckled a bit. "No bueno!" Soviet yelled as they heard Pinkie Pie scream, "Surprise!" Which made the four laugh out loud.

Soviet ran out of the kitchen, he was still in his tank crewman uniform and equipment, but he was covered in flour and an apron, and not to mention the chef's hat on his helmet. "Yeah no, I ain't baking again." He said as he pointed his finger to the kitchen. But a menacing pink figure jumped out of Soviet with a worried face, "Are you sure?" Pinkie asked as she jumped in front of him, causing him to jump and fall down. Which didn't help the four laughing at them, causing them to laugh until they were on the ground. Pinkie looked at Soviet in the ground and said, "Are you okay?" Which lead for Soviet to responded with a thumbs up.

"Alright, I'm heading out. Pinkie, I'll take 10 cupcakes with me. And tell the Cakes I said hi, and throw my baked cookies in the trash, I learned from my mistakes and constant screaming fighting the dough like it was Cerberus. I'll see you later Pinkie.' Soviet said as he grabbed the box of cupcakes and hung his apron and chef's hat on the counter for Pinkie to use later.

"Alright! See you later!" Pinkie said excitingly, as always.

"You three, let's go. And Starlight? What're you doing here?" Soviet asked.

"Oh right! I'm here to remind you that Twilight got in a bit of trouble with the EEA and the school got canceled, and she's in her room in her castle, her friends are trying to comfort her to start up the school again as we speak." Starlight explained.

Soviet almost choked on air and said, "Jesus, that late already? We better get going, everyone in the Bradley?" Soviet said as he ran with the cupcakes and got into the driver's seat in the M3A3, while opening the door in the back. The rest followed suite, and the surrounding crowd cleared away from the street the Bradley was in so it can move as Soviet revved the engine. "Everybody in?" Soviet asked on the radio.

"One, two, three... Yeah we're all in." Starlight counted the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they put on their headsets. "Where are we going anyways?" Starlight asked.

"To the school, I have a plan." Soviet said as he put the Bradley into full gear to speed up. "Question, where is the school?"

Meanwhile with Tankery, they arrived at the train station with Tankery getting out his radio. "This is Tankery, calling for Elta."

"I'm here. How are you?" Elta asked.

"I'm good, but wanna go to the border to check on the Changelings and Griffon armies?" Tankery asked.

While they here having a conversation, Trixie was confused and amazed from the radio. "What kind of sorcery is this?" She whispered to herself.

"Yeah! I'd love to go." Elta answered.

"Alright, I'll see you at the train station." Tankery responded. He got off the radio and patiently looked in the sky for Elta to appear.

"What are you looking at?" Trixie asked.

"A friend, she's going to fly over here." Tankery responded.

"Is she a pegasus?" Trixie asked.

"Nope, a Griffon." Tankery answered.

Trixie gasped and said, "The enemy?! Why are you bringing the enemy here?!" She screamed.

"Shush, she's peace supporter and despises the Changelings and Griffon leadership." Tankery answered.

As they awaited for Elta's appearance, they sat around the station as more ponies passed by and looked in curiosity. As the crowds cleared, wings being flapped can be heard. "Hi!" Elta said in a very happy tone and face, considering what's happened.

"You're finally here. Now, let's get going shall we?" Tankery stood up and walked towards the newly arrived train.

"Next stop, Vanhoover! All aboard!" The train conductor yelled. The walked inside the train, as Tankery felt weird. He's been thinking that he'll be attacked at any moment but no, he now feels like this is normal for him. To be around ponies and travelling with them, he's just 16 and he hasn't been travelling this much since forever.

2 Hours passed by since the train has first started it's travel. Tankery, Trixie, and Elta have been conversing with each other and getting to know one another, but the train halted. All of them were surprised since they haven't been paying attention to where their stop was. "We're already here?!" Tankery said in a very confused voice.

"Seems so, but let's hurry up. Can't have the train leave with us still in it." Elta suggested, as the three rushed out of the weirdly empty train car. Tankery looked in the distance on the right and saw a city, "Must be Vanhoover." He muttered.

"Yup, that is, but the border is this way." Trixie interrupted. She pointed at the clearing, but a convenient treeline was near it.

"Alright, let's get moving." Tankery said as he started jogging towards the forest, with Elta flying still with her modified vest and Trixie sprinting to catch up with Tankery.


Meanwhile in Ponyville...

"You cannot open the school, under EEA guidelines!" Chancellor Neighsay yelled.

"That may be true, but this isn't a traditional school! It's a school of friendship where all are welcome, and the EEA has no control over this!" Twilight retorted.

Meanwhile in a nearby bush...

"You see anything?" Soviet asked on the radio.

"Yeah, they're arguing. Doesn't seem good. But it seems that Twilight is making a stand against him." Starlight answered.

"Show time." Soviet said as he got back into his 1960s USMC uniform with a green scarf and black tinted goggles that no one can see through outside. He asked, "You think you'll be able to drive this thing?"

"Uhm... Yeah no." Starlight awkwardly answered.

"Hey, three amigos! You three ready to drive this thing?" Soviet asked as he opened the hatch to see three bored fillies lying on the grass.

Their eyes opened up and so did their smiles, they immediately ran inside of the Bradley and Soviet guided them on how to move the vehicle.

"Okay you see this thing? It's like your scooter handle, and you tap Applebloom's head for her to move the Bradley forwards or to stop. Got it?" Soviet asked. Scootaloo nodded. "Okay, Applebloom, this peddle you need to push to move this thing forwards, got it? And Scootaloo will tap your back to move and to stop."

Applebloom nodded and Soviet saw a very bored and disappointed Sweetie Belle. "Sweetie Belle, you tell these 2 on what to do when I signal you, got it? You'll use the radio to instruct Scootaloo who is controlling Applebloom. Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't." She assured. Soviet had a big smile under his scarf as this is one of the cutest things he's ever seen. Soviet tapped Sweetie Belle's shoulder and motioned his armed up and down, giving Sweetie the signal.

She panicked for a bit and said, "Uhmm.. uh- Scootaloo, forwards." Which Scootaloo then tapped Applebloom's shoulder, which she then pushed the pedal as hard as she can. The Bradley started moving, which startled the group in front of the school.

"What in Equestria is that noise?" Neighsay questioned.

Applejack and Rarity remembered the noise, but it was at the tip of their tongue. "That noise, it's very familiar.. but where is it coming fro-" Rainbow-Dash cut off Applejack. "Behind us!"

Everyone there looked at the forest treeline, with a big outline where the mechanical sounds were coming from. The outline became bigger, they couldn't see what it was because it seemed to be camouflaged. Applejack gasped as she knew what it was, "It's the M3A something!" She yelled. "Uh oh.." the Mane 6 said in unison.

"Why are they here now?! What's happening?!" Rarity asked.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll help." Twilight stated.

"What is that? Who are 'they'? Its your school! It's bringing dangerous creatures to Equestria, this will be our downfall!" Neighsay yelled.

Everyone was surprised and shocked that the Bradley stopped right next to Twilight, but inside the Bradley, Soviet got back on the radio. "Starlight, aim the turret and gun to that EEA guy." He ordered, which Starlight did.

Neighsay was confused and tried to gather sense on the situation. He heard and stared down the 25mm cannon until fast footsteps were heard. It was Soviet, he ran out of the Bradley to go in front of it to confront Neighsay. Soviet raised his weapon and stood tall in front of Neighsay. A 25mm cannon and a M16A1 both aimed at Neighsay's face, didn't usually mean that he'll win. Soviet put back his voice changer after a while, when he was in the Bradley. He set it in his famous combine voice, "Twilight, what's happening here?" He turned his head to Twilight.

"This is Chancellor Neighsay, he is preventing our school from opening because it does not apply to his EEA standards, which this school cannot and will not follow." Twilight explained.

Soviet nodded and faced back to Neighsay. Until Starlight found the Bradley speaker, "You'd better leave or we'll let a human change your mind by any means necessary."

Neighsay thought of this as a simple threat, until, "Alright, fuck it." Soviet fired a shot to the ground in front of Neighsay. Neighsay was shocked and now scared from the loud noise the gun emitted, and the hole it made in the ground. Soviet lowered his weapon and started to point. "Next time, it's going right here." He put his finger in between Neighsay's eyes and pushed his head back with the finger.

"And this school of friendship is made to make and learn about friends! Griffons, Yaks, Ponies, all species are welcome here. The EEA has no control over this school, anymore!" Twilight stated.

Neighsay was now scared, he didn't know what to do next besides opening a portal with his EEA medal. Which he did, when he opened the portal, he stated, "This isn't over!" He said as he went through the portal and closed behind him.

Soviet noticed this and didn't care, he moved up to the gate with fence cutters. He approached the magical lock and tried to break the lock, he squeezed on the lock with the cutters but it launched him back to Applejack. He landed on the ground and fell in front of Applejack, which she looked down to check if he was okay.

"Hi." Soviet said.

"Uhm.. you okay?" Applejack asked.

"Am I still in one piece?" Soviet said as he looked around his body and said, "Yeah, I'm okay." Making Applejack laugh a little.

Twilight and the rest walked up to Soviet. "Thank you for helping us, we didn't know how else to get rid of him. Although very aggressive, it's effective." Twilight thanked. Which lead to everyone thanking, "No problem, just tell me when someone needs help with anything. Soviet said as he went back inside the Bradley.

Soviet sat down on the seats and got on the radio comms. "Dismount." He ordered, and just as he left the Bradley, the CMC's did too and did Starlight. Soviet finally took a gaze at the school and he was in awe, and so we're the other four. "Now that's something." Soviet said as he got lost in it's majestic architecture. The other four nodded.

"Well, it's not open yet but-" Rainbow-Dash was cut off by something big landing. A big white beautiful, who am I kidding it's Princess Celestia. "My dear Twilight, I'm incredibly sorry that I'm late, important business. But now that you've dealt with Neighsay since I don't see him here.." she said as she looked around. "I'll just be on my merry way once I unlock the EEA lock." Celestia said as she fired a bolt of magic onto the lock.

"Now it's open, I'll need a day to prepare for the official Grand Opening." Twilight said as she looked back on the building. "Anyways, Soviet? I heard you and Tankery would like a job here?" She asked. Soviet nodded. "I have a position for you, since Starlight will be the counselor. You two will be helping her." Soviet looked at Starlight and remembered that she'll be very bored since no one came to her for help, unless if it was important.

"I'm guessing we'll have a lot of free time." Soviet said.

"I looked at the number of students, it doesn't seems so." Starlight retorted. Soviet hid his smile as he knew she'd be dead wrong on that.

"When do we start?" Rarity asked.

"Tomorrow, but I'll need help setting up, you and Tankery go gather supplies. We'll be happy to lend you the Counselor's budget for the supplies." Twilight added. "Uh oh.." Starlight's facial expressions said as she worried they might overspend.

"Don't worry, I'll barely use it unless need be." Soviet assured. Starlight let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, that settles it. Soviet, go find Tankery and prepare, the rest of you need to come and help me, except you Princess Celestia." Twilight ordered. The others followed Twilight into the building while the Cutie Mark Crusaders got back into the Bradley. But Soviet halted Starlight and whispered to her, "Find a summoning spell for alternate dimensions. I have an idea." Starlight nodded and continued to follow Twilight. Soviet then approached Celestia.

"So, how's Luna?" He asked.

"She's happier than I've ever seen, seems like you've influenced her once tired behavior." Celestia answered. She leaned over to Soviet and whispered in his ear, "I know what you did." Soviet then stood perfectly still and Celestia chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you, unless if you hurt her. But I'll be heading back to Canterlot. I wonder where your friend is..." Celestia said as she flew away.

"That was short.." Soviet said as he walked back into the Bradley.

"I wonder what that machine was.." Celestia thought to herself as she flew away.

Back on the ground, Soviet was thinking about Luna. Until, "Wait, where the hell is Tankery?"


Meanwhile in a forest treeline...

"So those and those are Griffon?" Tankery asked as he pointed out which was which. Elta nodded. Tankery withdrew his arm back into the bush. He was in a ghillie suit with a silenced G36. "So it seems they're starting to gather more and more, scout, you're telling me there were only three large groups?" Tankery asked the Royal Guard scout who was ordered to stick with them. "Uhm.. yeah. There were three small groups but now they're starting to build bases." The small scout said.

"This is bad, so they're going to attack soon. I'll need to inform Soviet to alert Canter.... Canterlet? I don't care, Elta, get the radio and contact him. We need the M3A3 here." Tankery ordered. He got up and started to change positions and spawned a mortar and a M240. "Trixie, do you know how to shoot these?" He pointed to the M240.

"No, but I have a general sense on what they do. But the Great and Powerful Trixie is more than willing to learn." Trixie answered.

Tankery sighed and gave her an empty M9 that she carried using her magic. "So you see this? This is the grip. This thing is the trigger, only pull it if there is an enemy in front of you, nothing else. If you pull it on someone else than the enemy, then you killed an innocent pony. Got it?" Tankery instructed. Trixie gulped but tried to keep her strong but annoying appearance. She pulled the trigger when Tankery signaled her to shoot. Nothing came out but Tankery congratulated her by saying, "Good job, now you know how to shoot a gun. This thing is a machine gun, it fired hundreds of rounds per minute, I think. I don't remember but it can move down an entire crowd before reloading. Only shoot if the enemy is advancing, and tell Elta if something is happening so she'll radio me." Tankery instructed.

"Gotcha." Trixie responded.

"Good, now you scout, go report to your C.O. about our defense line here, and the growing presence of enemy troops." He ordered. The small scout sprinted out of the forest and ran to Vanhoover. "Now, I need to get some rest." Tankery said as he walked to an reasonable distance to climb a tree and to sleep.