• Published 18th Jan 2022
  • 860 Views, 23 Comments

Diamond Hard - Betty_Starlight



After ten years, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon meet again...

  • ...
5
 23
 860

Chapter 6: Purgation

(Day one without Silver Spoon…)

The next day is uneventful. Diamond Tiara goes to work shortly after eating pancakes and drinking coffee with her morning paper at 9. She takes her lunch at about 12:30 after handling an important business meeting and she eats at the café in downtown Ponyville.

She has a fruit plate and berry juice and can only sigh as she sits quietly by herself and stares into the open field next door. She can’t help but crack a small smile as she wistfully thinks of the cute gray mare who likes her… She thinks about all the times she, and Silver Spoon joked together. About all their fun activities.

And then, she furrows her brow and adjusts her mouth as she remembered that she just left last night… Just bucking left Silver Spoon right there at the restaurant like a coward! Silver Spoon could only sit there, completely clueless as to what was going on in Diamond’s mind at the time…

She eats more of her fruit bowl when she begins to wonder exactly what was going on in her mind?

She can’t really tell anymore; she realizes as she chomps down on some apples and pears. She munches her way through some of the pineapple on the sides when she thinks that she perhaps doesn’t know?

<*****>

She gets home later that night and has dinner by herself as well. Silver Spoon still doesn’t show up and she begins to wonder about this as she devours her hay cakes covered in syrup.

She takes a few bites and chases it with berry juice and while tasting the delicious vegetarian combination of flavors on her tongue, she begins to realize that the problem is indeed, all with her at this point…

She realizes that while Silver Spoon has acted, perhaps a bit more aggressive than she should during their whole relationship, she needed only wave her hoof to put a stop to it. She affixes her eyes to the wooden back wall as she realizes that Silver Spoon would stop… She somehow knows this…

She brings her cake to her mouth with her hooves to hungrily devour more of the morsel as it suddenly occurs to her just how hungry she was!

She stares back to the door at her far right longingly after eating her food and thinks about the gray mare again… She scrunches her brows as she begins to wonder just when she’ll be back?

She thinks to herself, Celestia, this is annoying! Why couldn’t I have at least found out where the silly mare lives before bailing like that? She closes her eyes as her mind continues, I am such a coward! I wish… I wish I could let her know how sorry I am now…

The pink mare finishes her food in silence and takes her plate and glass to the sink where she drops it in the water with her mouth and gets on her haunches to wash everything in the sink by hoof before setting it on the gray towel to her right to dry… She grows a slight smile while staring at it… Gray, just like the mare who loves her… She goes to bed shortly after that…

<*****>

(Day two without Silver Spoon)

Diamond Tiara wakes up but doesn’t get out of bed at first. She snuggles her pink velvety pillow with fringe to her chin as she rests in the fetal position with her forehooves underneath her head and the pillow while on her right side and staring at the wall with wide blue eyes.

She thinks that she probably won’t even go to work on that day… She did manage to get caught up again yesterday, after all, and so, she normalizes her eyes and wonders when she’ll get out of bed again?

More time passes and the pink pony closes her eyes for more sleep…

<*****>

She eventually gets up and gets the paper and the mail. She quietly lives her life inside the cottage that day and never leaves. She eats her meals in complete silence as she thinks long and hard about what she did…

She sighs when it begins to dawn on her just what she needs to do…

Then she adjusts her gaze to the far wall again and scowls when she thinks that without knowing where Silver Spoon is, she has no way of doing it!

She frowns when she decides to go to bed, even though the clock says it’s almost 8 and it’s still quite early…

<*****>

Diamond emerges in a wide-open field in a fog.

She sees a gray pony before her, on top of the hill, roughly 20 feet from her, on a hill that’s not steep, but elevated roughly 8 feet up. This pony has a single white ponytail behind her head…

She looks up at this pony on top of the hill, “Hey! Uh, Silver Spoon!” before running towards her, “I need to talk to you!”

As she arrives, Silver Spoon vanishes and the pink mare skids to a stop from running while her body sways to the right. She looks skyward and wonders what’s going on?

Diamond widens her eyes as her mouth goes agape and she hears a familiar sweet soft feminine voice say, “It’s too late now, Diamond!”

Diamond opens her eyes with a start on her soft pink velvety pillow in a cold sweat as her blue eyes jolt wide-open awake. She rolls to her back and stares at the ceiling while whispering to herself, “What in Equestria does that mean?”

Later, Diamond sips blond coffee at her table with her forehooves when she hears the telltale thump of her morning paper getting delivered at her front door…

Diamond sighs and gets off her chair to the right and turns her body that way to trot across her foyer 20 feet to the tan front door, same as usual… She reaches down to the knob on the bottom left with her mouth and opens it…

She sees a gray mare standing on her doorstep, who quickly yells, “HIYA BESTIE!” to her!

Diamond widens her eyes and screams, “AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!” before blackness overtakes her…

<*****>

“Diamond?” The gray mare asks the pink earth pony currently passed out on her left side in front of the door, with her hind legs facing the entryway. The mare soon pokes Diamond’s stomach lightly with her right forehoof as she looks down at her, wide-eyed with a concerned frown on her face.

Diamond opens her eyes and sees the mare standing there at her side and smiles slightly while gazing up at her in a daze, “Hi Silver Spoon!”

Silver frowns deeper, “Why did you faint?”

Diamond shakes her head and gets to her hooves before facing her body to the other mare wide-eyed and groans before saying, “Well, you startled me!”

Silver nods, “Yeah, but it’s only me! I mean, I’m not gonna hurt you!”

Diamond sighs, “Yeah but, I…” she closes her eyes, “I ran away…” she opens them again, “And you…” she blinks, “you came back?”

Silver smiles slightly, “Well, of course I came back!” she smiles wider, “You’re my friend! I need to make sure you’re okay!”

Diamond frowns as her blue eyes widen, “Why did you wait three days?”

Silver sighs, “Well, obviously you were pretty distraught about something and so I thought you needed some time to yourself to sort these things out?” she leans towards the pink mare, “But I actually did come back yesterday and waited about 45 minutes, as long as I could! I had an appointment shortly after that, so I gave up and grabbed a coffee on my way to work…” she frowns deeper as her purple eyes widen slightly more, “Uh, how are you feeling anyway?”

“Confused!” Diamond honestly answers with wide blue eyes.

Silver widens her violet eyes from behind her fashion glasses, “Oh? Wanna talk about it?”

Diamond frowns, “Well, we probably should, right?” she normalizes her mouth, “But we’re doing it in the kitchen! There’s coffee in there!”

<*****>

Diamond sips the white cup of blond coffee in front of her with her forehooves and brings it down slowly as she shakes her head, still kinda dizzy after fainting earlier.

A concerned looking gray mare with blue temple-less fashion glasses sits to her left at the same polished wooden table and stares at her with a worried look in her violet eyes and her hooves on the table before her as she says, “Okay, I guess I should start now?” she affixes her gaze, “Why did you run away, Diamond Tiara?”

Diamond looks up at the mare, lets out a long slow sigh, and frowns, “I’m not sure you’d understand?” before looking back slightly right for another swig of her coffee.

Silver lowers her gaze, “Well, I’m certainly not gonna understand unless you at least try to explain it to me?”

Diamond grimaces in annoyance before turning her head back to the silver pony, “Okay, you got me there! Uh,” she shakes her head again and looks slightly right for another mightier sip of coffee, before slowly gulping all of it down inside her muzzle and then, she turns back left to Silver and shakes her head before saying, “Alright! Uh…” she sighs, “I’m getting close to you again…”

Silver blinks, “We had sex, and that wasn’t close enough! But we started talking about how we feel, and you that’s when you bail…”

“Um, yeah!” Diamond shakes her head, “I’m just not comfortable, okay?” before looking back right for another good swig.

Silver raises her left eyebrow, “Oh-kay?” she sighs, adjusts her eyes, and leans forward, “I’m gonna cut through your Diamond shell now!”

Diamond widens her eyes, “WHAT?”

Silver smirks and gets off her chair on the right before turning her body to trot over to Diamond’s left side.

Diamond stares at her with wide confused blue eyes, “Uh, what are you doing Silver Spoon?”

Silver simply smiles as she turns her body left to face Diamond there, sitting at the table, who continues to gaze at her.

“Silver?” Diamond gulps, “What are you doing? We’re not gonna talk about feelings again, are we?” she shakes her head slightly, “Because I’m not ready yet!”

Silver smiles wider, ear-to-ear as a wicked glint forms in her eyes as she lowly says, “WORSE!”

Diamond frowns wider and says in a low panicky voice, “Uh, worse? What’s worse than talking about feelings?”

Silver bares her teeth as she reaches towards Diamond with her left forehoof to begin tickling her underneath her front left shoulder-pit!

“HE HE HA HA! KNOCK IT OFF, JERK!” Diamond squeals as she fidgets uncontrollably in the chair and giggles hysterically!

“Talk about feelings with me!” Silver says mechanically while continuing to tickle and torment the pink mare!

“NO! HE HE HE! HA HA HAA!” Diamond says as she continues to chortle and squirm!

Silver adjusts her gaze to the pink mare while continuing to tickle her with her left forehoof, “Well, I’m not gonna stop tickling you then, am I?”

Diamond giggles and wriggles more before finally managing to sputter out, “HA HA HO HO HE HE! ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! WE CAN TALK! PLEASE STOP TICKLING ME!”

Silver smirks as she tickles Diamond for a few more seconds for good measure and then, finally stops and retracts her left forehoof back to her body. She stares at the pink mare, “See? Talking about feelings is easier than that, right?”

Diamond frowns down at Silver, “You are such a jerkhole!”

Silver snickers as she turns her body left to trot back to her chair and she sits there before sighing and taking a swig of her own white coffee cup before staring back at the pink mare on her right and saying, “Okay… It was my idea, so I guess it’s appropriate that I start?”

Diamond mutters something inaudibly before taking another drink of her coffee in silence.

Silver nods at the other mare, “Right!” she widens her eyes, sighs again, and continues, “So anyway, when we first met a week ago, I’ll admit that I wasn’t really sure how I felt at the time…” she smiles dimly as the pink mare stares on with interested blue eyes, “But there was something, you know?” she smiles wider, “I wanted to know more…”

Diamond breaths in and out through her nose before collecting herself and calmly asking, “Well, what did you find out?”

Silver leans forward slightly, “I found you…”

“What?”

Silver normalizes her mouth, shakes her head, and affixes her gaze back to the other mare, “What I mean is,” she smiles again, “I found a sweet, wonderful mare who I’d like to be with…

“What are you trying to say, Silver Spoon?”

Silver gives a third sigh from her mouth, “What I’m saying is, I love you Diamond Tiara!”

Diamond smirks slightly, “I love you too Silver Spoon!”

Silver nods, “Right! So, you gotta understand that I’m gonna be kinda confused and concerned when you just bucking leave, like you did the other night!”

Diamond widens her eyes and frowns, “Oh great! Now I feel bad!”

Silver widens her eyes and moves her right forehoof on the table, to meet Diamond’s left, “Oh, don’t feel bad baby!” she smiles, “I know you’re probably going through something, and you need to know that I’m here for you!”

“W-what?” Diamond stammers out.

Silver gives a fourth sigh, “I’m saying that if you need to talk about something or if something is bothering you, I’m right here for you, okay baby?” she smiles, “I love you!”

Diamond stares at the other mare wide-eyed and confused, “So wait! I leave you at the restaurant high and dry, and you come back all supportive!” she blinks, “If I burn your house down, does that mean you become my maid?”

Silver grins mischievously, “Well, we can play like that later if you want, baby? I mean, you don’t need to burn my house down…”

Diamond shakes her head slightly and stares back and says, “That’s not what I meant, and you know it!” to the snickering mare.

Silver stares up to Diamond and says seriously, “Okay look, darling…” she smiles, “I understand better than you probably realize, and so, I’m gonna make this very simple for you… I will be at the café tonight at six-thirty… If you want to join me, you’re more than welcome and we can continue our date from there…” she smiles wider, “But, if you don’t show up, I’ll give you some more time off before coming back again to check on you… We’ll go as slow as you need to, okay?”

Diamond looks slightly to her right and somberly takes another drink of her coffee before looking back to the gray mare and saying, “You know I’m gonna be there, don’t you?”

Silver smiles wickedly, “Well, I don’t know? Are you ready to tell me about how you feel?”

Diamond Tiara gives a strong grimace in irritation and releases a frustrated sigh while staring at the clock on the wall behind Silver, and then, back to the gray mare as she robotically stammers out, “I love you Silver Spoon…”

Silver widens her eyes, “Huh?”

Diamond gives a slow heavy sigh before saying, “At first, I didn’t know how I felt about you… I don’t know if I’ve been harboring any feelings from you since we were young or not, but I do know one thing…” she smiles, “I love you now, Silver Spoon… And I’d love to have a redo dinner with you tonight!”

Silver perks up and nods, “Awesome!” before looking slightly to her left and using her forehooves to take the last mighty gulp of her coffee and then, she gets off her chair to the right and trots back to Diamond, turns left to face her, and simply stands there, smiling at her…

Diamond narrows her eyes at the gray mare and says lowly, “You want me to kiss you, don’t you?”

Silver widens her eyes, “Well, I don’t know? Do you want to, Diamond? I mean, I’m just standing here!”

“Standing there, waiting for me to kiss you!”

Silver smiles wider, “Maybe…”

Diamond scrunches her mouth as her head vibrates slightly in annoyance before she gets off her chair to the left and turns her body that way to face the gray mare… She looks into her violet eyes before saying and smiles slightly, “Silver Spoon, I’m sorry I ran off the other day, but um,” she blinks, “well, you close off your feelings for a while and eventually, you stop knowing what they are!” she smiles slightly wider at the other mare, “But uh, I guess I’m forgiven this time, right?”

Silver nods, “Always Diamond! Always!”

Diamond grins wider before leaning forward to kiss the gray mare passionately and embracing her in her forehooves for a tight warm hug!

(To be continued…)