• Published 18th Jan 2022
  • 860 Views, 23 Comments

Diamond Hard - Betty_Starlight



After ten years, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon meet again...

  • ...
5
 23
 860

Chapter 2: Elevation

Diamond Tiara sat on her haunches in the wooden chair of the pizzeria, and she frowned as she beheld the gray earth pony before her, “So, what did you wish to speak with me about?”

Silver Spoon blinks as it suddenly occurs to her that Diamond has yet to touch the delicious baked potato pizza slice in front of her, “I wanted to be your friend… Well, again…”

Diamond frowns deeper and narrows her eyes, “Why?”

Silver lowers her gaze and smiles slightly at the pink pony, “Well, I always thought you were something special…” she flinches and shakes her head, “Well I did? That’s probably why I put up with your abuses long ago when you wouldn’t let me speak?” she frowns and looks pensively to the left side, “I uh, I’m not sure?”

Diamond narrows her gaze further at this nervous pony, “What exactly are you trying to say, Silver Spoon?”

Silver looks at Diamond, “I admired you!” she blinks and gulps, “I admired you and uh, I just wanted you to know that…”

Diamond widens her gaze at the befuddled gray pony while her mouth shrinks, “Um, okay?” she blinks and shakes her head, before steadying her glare at Silver, “I uh, liked having you around too, Silver Spoon…” she smiles, “Honestly, being with you and picking on other ponies was a lot of fun! But uh…” she blinks again and frowns, “I don’t do that anymore…”

Silver blinks at the pink pony, “I-I know…” she sighs longingly to the right before adjusting her gaze back to Diamond, “Th-that’s why I didn’t think I fit in, anymore…” she leans closer, “We patched our relationship with that fence and um,” she blinks again before leveling her gaze, “I just didn’t think I belonged with the new improved Diamond Tiara!” she raises her head, “Then, Spoiled Rich sent you to the boarding school in Canterlot!”

Diamond frowns and lowers her stare at Silver, “And you never thought to visit me?”

Diamond notices Silver’s purple eyes dart off to the right as she lowly explains, “I just uh, I didn’t think you wanted me around anymore?”

Diamond narrows her eyes and mouth and crosses her forehooves in front of her, “That’s bullshit, and you know it, Silver Spoon!”

Silver chuckles nervously as a slight smile forms on her face and she adjusts her eyes to the pink pony as her mouth normalizes, “You’re” she blinks, “you’re right, Diamond Tiara…” she sighs dramatically before blinking again and saying to Diamond sincerely, “I didn’t think I belonged in your life, anymore, honestly…” she leans forward slightly, “I mean, you changed! And while I don’t think that was a bad thing and uh, well it made me think later on, after the fact,” she shakes her head, “I didn’t think I had a place in your new life, and so I kinda uh…” she takes another long sigh while glancing longingly to the left, “I just left…” her eyes go back to Diamond, “I left your life and I’m truly sorry about that, Diamond Tiara…”

Diamond keeps her blue eyes solidly on the gray pony as her untouched pizza continues to cool on the plate before her, “And so, what do you want now?”

Silver blinks and adjusts her gaze, “Well, isn’t it obvious?” she smiles, “I want to be in your life again!” she sighs again and glances off to the right, “I mean, I don’t know about best friends anymore or, “she blinks and adjusts her gaze to Diamond, “or whatever, but this is a new time now…” she smiles wider, “We can do this again, now!” and she nods.

Diamond keeps her gaze on the gray pony, “You are such a tool, you know that?”*

Silver smiles and snickers at the pink pony, “I missed you too, Diamond!”

Diamond shakes her head at the giggling pony before staring directly at her and frowning, “Seriously though,” she leans forward slightly, “what makes you think we’d be good friends now?”

Silver lowers her gaze and normalizes her mouth, “What makes you think we wouldn’t? I mean, we got along well back when we were bullies? Why not try again?” before shrugging.

Diamond softly giggles to herself as she shakes her head.

Silver can tell this is her moment, so she leans in slightly closer and says lowly, “I know you liked me too, Diamond… I know we can do this again…”

Diamond lets out a big sigh as she can tell the gray earth mare has a point. She can only pick up her now cold slice of baked potato pizza with her forehooves and bring it to her face for a sizeable bite, as it never occurred to her just how hungry she was getting, until now…

Silver blinks and says, “I like you… And I’d like to believe that somewhere, inside that Diamond hard shell of yours, you like me too…” before smiling…

Diamond continues munching her pizza slice while thinking to herself that the good thing about pizza was that you can eat it at almost any temperature! She, of course, does this because she’s not quite ready to speak just yet…

Silver smiles slightly and picks up her pizza slice with her forehooves and begins to eat the morsel.

Diamond gulps her pizza down her throat and looks at Silver, “So uh, how have you been these past ten years?”

Silver chews her pizza, before swallowing and looking at Diamond, “Well, I’m actually an accountant now!”

Diamond widens her eyes, “Oh really? Uh, how’s that going for you?” before bringing her pizza to her mouth for another bite.

Silver nods, “Well, it’s going great, actually!” she chuckles slightly, “Although I gotta admit, most of my business is from Rarity’s fashion empire!” she leans forward, “You know, even after all this time, she still lives right above the Carousel Boutique?”

“Oh wow!” Diamond says before taking another bite of her pizza, chewing quickly, and swallowing… “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it, right?” she smiles, “Well, I earned my bachelor’s degree in about three years, and I run a section of my father’s empire now!”

Silver widens her blue eyes from behind her blue glasses, “Oh, wow! That’s impressive!”

Diamond smiles, “So as you can see, I’m doing just fine, without you!”

Silver normalizes her eyes and adjusts her gaze to the other pony, “Diamond, what’s it going to take?”

Diamond blinks and stares into the violet eyes of the gray pony, “W-what do you mean?”

Silver sighs again, “I already said that I want to be your friend…” she raises her left eyebrow, “Do you not believe me?”

Diamond sighs before taking another bite out of her (mostly gone) pizza slice. She chews the food slowly as she contemplates what to say next… She soon swallows, “I uh…” she blinks, “Okay fine Silver Spoon… I guess if it’s THAT important to you, we can try to be friends, again…” she smiles, “I did miss my sidekick after all these years, and it might be neat having you around again?”

Silver smiles while glaring at the pink pony with her violet eyes, “You know what? I’ll take it!” before looking down at her pizza and grasping it with her hooves to take another bite.

<*****>

The two ponies exit the pizzeria from the front glass entrance. The door automatically closes as the two ponies trot forward and Diamond looks at Silver on her right, “I uh, actually had a good time back there, Silver Spoon! Thanks!” she smiles.

Silver looks back at Diamond, “Uh, you okay?”

Diamond stops trotting and Silver reciprocates, “Yeah it’s just that, well… After all this time, here you are!”

Silver smiles, “And there you are!”

Diamond looks to her right towards the street, “Yes! Here we are!”

Silver nods, “We are indeed, right here! Yes!”

Diamond gives the other pony a snickering grin, “Are we going to keep doing this all night?”

Silver widens her eyes, “Only if you want to, friend!”

Diamond widens her smile and eyes and says while lightly chuckling, “I almost forgot how goofy you were, Silver Spoon!”

Silver smiles, “Yeah, and I almost forgot what an easy target you were, Diamond!”

Diamond starts with her mouth agape, “Hey!”

Silver widens her eyes and narrows her mouth, “Oops! Was I not supposed to say that?”

Diamond smiles nervously, “Knock it off Silver! New time, remember?”

Silver smiles again, “Right! Sorry I uh,” her eyes dart to the left again, “Um, I’ll see you later, okay Diamond?”

At this point, Diamond knows she’s cowing again, even after all these years, and decides that it needs to stop! She looks at Silver Spoon with stern narrow blue eyes and turns her body to trot the few feet to her and embraces her in a tight warm hug!

“I…” Silver Spoon begins to stammer out, before tentatively returning the embrace with her own forehooves, “I love you too, Diamond Tiara!”

“I almost forgot how warm you were…” Diamond says before sniffing the air near Silver… She soon opens her eyes wide and lets the other pony go to return to all fours and smiling at her, “No more hard feelings, okay? I’ll see you later!”

Silver nods, “Right! I’ll just uh, catch you later Diamond!” before turning and trotting to her home on the North End of Ponyville at a quick pace… Diamond saw her supple body move gracefully away, with it’s fast movements and she couldn’t help but think long and hard about this strange gray mare who suddenly wanted back into her life…

<*****>

(Four days later…)

Diamond Tiara narrowed her eyes at the gray pony on her doorstep, “You are going to pay for this, Silver Spoon!”

Silver Spoon widens her eyes and mouth while the delicious-looking apple pie sat on her back, still letting off visible steam from the breaks in the crust, “WHAT? I just brought you a pie! Why in Equestria would you be mad about that?”

Diamond narrows her eyes even more, “Oh, you know, EXACTLY what the problem is! And you also knew that I was craving apple pie too, right?” before widening her eyes in anger, “It’s part of your Telecawatzit Connection to me!”

Silver widens her eyes and frowns as she stutters, “What are you talking about?”

Diamond narrows her mouth defiantly, “Don’t be coy with me, Silver Spoon!”

Silver then closes her eyes and smiles, “And so, it’s come to this…”

Diamond widens her eyes, “Uh, Silver Spoon?”

Silver opens her eyes wide to Diamond to reveal that they’re now solid red and she begins to laugh maniacally at the pink pony!

<*****>

Diamond opens her eyes with a start as her head lay on its right side on the velvety pink pillow at the head of her bed, and sweat beads are apparent on her face as she feels them and says, “Oh crap! Ugh!” she closes her eyes, “Freaking Silver Spoon is in my head again!”**

Diamond then trots through the dim kitchen with her disheveled mane falling around her shoulders and blue eyes, only half-open as the automatic black coffee pot on the counter to her left begins to percolate and black liquid pours into the glass carafe, when suddenly, she hears a resounding thump coming from the front door behind her. She widens her eyes slightly as she thinks to herself, It occurs to me that while Silver Spoon knows where I live and how to contact me, I don’t have a way to get at her yet? she normalizes her eyes, Well, guess I should check the news?

She turns to trot up to her front door, 20 feet away, through the kitchen door and across the foyer, and opens it with her right forehoof…

A gray earth pony with a lighter gray mane and tail on the other side of the door widens her eyes and leans forward as she shouts, “HEYTHISISAREALLYGREATAMBUSHTIMEDIAMOND!!!!!”

Diamond recoils her neck and widens her eyes while screaming in terror! “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!”

Silver Spoon stands there on the doorstep, giggling hysterically at this frightened and unkempt pink pony!

“Ugh!” Diamond closes her eyes before opening them again to the other pony, “You never did things like that, before!”

Silver smiles wider, “Yeah, I like this a lot better!”

Diamond shakes her head before staring back at Silver, “So uh, how long have you been waiting there?”

Silver widens her eyes behind her blue glasses, “Not long! I know the paper comes to your house at about 6:45, so all I had to do was just trot on over at around that time…”

Diamond narrows her eyes, “Remind me not to give you any more ideas in the future!”

“No promises!” Silver replies with a wry smile.

Diamond sighs, “So uh, you wanna come in? You like coffee?”

Silver blinks, “Um, sweet and blond, please!”

<*****>

Diamond narrows her eyes at the zealous gray pony, currently sitting across from her and smiling back at her polished wooden kitchen table, “So uh, what time do you have to be at work today, Silver?”

Silver smiles at the pink pony from behind a steaming cup of blond coffee, “That’s one thing I like about my job! Some days are like today when I don’t really have much to do. Uh, my first appointment isn’t until ten-thirty! I have plenty of time, right now!”

Diamond chances a half-smile before reaching to her coffee with her forehooves and bringing it to her mouth for a gulp of the hot caffeinated liquid.

Silver notices that Diamond is uneasy and adjusts her gaze, “Well uh, when do you have to go in?”

Diamond sets her coffee back down with her forehooves and stares at the other pony with her blue eyes, “I told my office that I’d be in at ten-thirty since I finally caught up on all my work earlier… I uh, “she shakes her head, “wanted some extra time this morning…

Silver eyes the other pony carefully, before saying, “So that means, we have plenty of time to talk, now, doesn’t it?”

Diamond starts and pauses before taking a long sigh… She finally eyes Silver Spoon and asks her, “So, you wanted to talk? What about?”

Silver gulps and stares at the pink pony with wide-open vulnerable eyes, “I like you, Diamond Tiara…”

Diamond smiles, “I like you too, Silver Spoon!”

Silver blinks and narrows her mouth, “No, I mean…”

Diamond soon leans forward slightly with wide-open concerned blue eyes and a frown on her face, “What are you trying to say this time, Silver?”

Silver glances at the pink pony with a dazed look in her eyes as her mouth scrunches when it suddenly dawns on her that there’s really only one thing she can do at this point… She looks at Diamond carefully, “So, it’s come to this…”

“Huh?” Diamond asks with her eyes wide and mouth aghast.

Silver sighs and scoots off her chair to her right and trots around the table wordlessly, as the clip clop of her hooves can plainly be heard hitting the wooden floor…

Diamond sees her trotting on the left side and turns her head in that direction, “What are you doing, Silver Spoon?”

Silver looks up into Diamond’s eyes with her own violet pupils and keeps her mouth expressionless with nothing but sheer zeal and determination driving her by this point… She chances moving her head closer to Diamond’s and nuzzling her nose gently with her own as she begins to close her violet eyes behind her spectacles…

Diamond can only sit there, in shocked panic at this point…

Soon, Silver brings her head closer, the final 2 inches to lock her lips with Diamond’s in a passionate and affectionate union between the two mares, and for one moment, Diamond felt connected to this other pony, as her lips locked with hers and her pretty violet eyes tenderly closed behind her horn-rimmed blue glasses…

(To be continued…)

Author's Note:

*I’ll admit that this is my wording more so, than what Diamond Tiara might say! Then again, we don’t really know how her character developed in a decade, now do we?

**I have surreal bizarre nightmares; therefore Diamond Tiara here has surreal bizarre nightmares.