• Published 4th Mar 2022
  • 2,793 Views, 412 Comments

Tomorrow War - Battwell

  • ...
6
 412
 2,793

PreviousChapters Next
Ruler Of Latveria (Part 1)

The doors leading into the throne room were blasted open when a Hydra Soldier was blasted into them. As the Hydra Soldier slipped into unconsciousness, Doom and the others walked into his throne room to face The Mandarin.

"A bit excessive, don't ya think?" Iron Man asked Doom as they walked towards Doom's throne.

Doom didn't even acknowledge the billionaire and continued walking to his throne, where the usurper was waiting with an evil smile on his face.

Khan leaned forward on Doom's throne and greeted his enemies, "Ladies," he gestured towards Fluttershy and Susan, "Children," he said, giving Tails a smug look before turning to Stark and frowning, "Sheep." Khan then gestured to the room around him with his hands, "Welcome to my throne room."

Tony took a step forward and aimed his palm at his nemesis, his Repulsor Ray humming with power, "Alright Gene, you've had your fun, but you need to pack it up and get lost."

Gene gave Tony a smile that just made the Iron Avenger's blood boil.

"Tony, we've known each other for a long time. We both know I won't listen to you, so why bother trying? Why bother pretending to be a hero?" Gene then stroked his chin for a moment before snapping his fingers, "Oh, I know! You're trying to repent for your father's mistakes, aren't you?"

"Don't you dare bring him up, you son of a bitch." Tony hissed in response.

A mocking look of sympathy appeared on Khan's face, "Oh? Why not? Is it because I killed your father by blowing up his jet? You're not still mad about that, are you?"

Tony snarled underneath his helmet, feeling really tempted to blow a hole in Khan's chest. It was then that Doom took a step towards his throne.

"You are trespassing on Latverian soil." Doom's fists clenched in pure anger, "Leave. Now."

Gene barked a laugh before taking a step down from the throne, "Why would I do that? You have no power over me, Doom. I gave you an offer, and you refused." Khan's face formed into a scowl, "No one refuses me and gets away with it."

"You have made a powerful today, Khan. I'll make sure you regret ever going against me." Doom replied with a sneer.

Khan rolled his eyes, not taking the threat seriously, "And how do you intend to do that?" Khan then raised his left hand as the purple ring glowed brightly. Khan then fired a purple lightning bolt that struck Doom right in the chest, sending the monarch flying through the air.

Once Doom crashed across the floor, it was then that everyone noticed the wires and electricity sparking from Doom's chest. This wasn't Doom at all.

It was one of his Doombots.

Reed frowned as he came to this realization, "A Doombot." He then turned to Khan, "Victor was never here."

Mandarin shook his head, "No, and I haven't been able to locate him. But when I do, he'll pay for crossing me." Khan then walked down the stairs leading to Doom's throne, the ten Makluan Rings glowing with power, "But first, I'll dispose of all of you."

A green aura surrounded the villain as he slowly levitated himself into the air. He smiled as his eyes turned white, white flames emitting from his eyes. He then clenched his fists as the rings glowed, his entire body engulfed in a bright light.

Once the light dissipated, the heroes gazed upon The Mandarin, who was now in his armor, as he hovered above them.

"Behold! I. Am. The Mandarin!"


Gamora and Taskmaster's swords collided with one another as they leaned in close and glared at each other. The two broke apart and brought their blades together a few more times, trying to kill one another. The two broke apart once more, with Taskmaster backflipping away while Gamora staggered.

Taskmaster quickly drew his pistol as he flipped through the air and opened fire.

Gamora dashed forward and deflected the bullets with her sword.

Taskmaster landed on the ground and dashed forward. Gamora swung her sword to try and decapitate the mercenary, but Taskmaster slid under it on his knees before he jumped back onto his feet and tried roundhouse kicking Gamora. The deadliest woman in the galaxy saw this coming and blocked the kick with her forearm.

Gamora went for an overhead slash with her sword, but Taskmaster brought his sword overhead and blocked the strike. Taskmaster then kneed Gamora in the stomach, causing her to stumble back before Taskmaster delivered a nasty kick to her chest, knocking her down.

"I. AM. GROOT!"

Taskmaster turned around sharply and ducked under a tree branch. He then rolled backwards as Groot tried stomping him with his foot. Groot grit his teeth as he stomped over towards Taskmaster.

The mercenary quickly activated his shield and hurled it towards Groot.

The hero was struck in the chest by Taskmaster's shield and staggered back a few steps before Taskmaster jumped through the air and hit Groot in the side of the head with a spin kick.

As Groot fell to the ground, Taskmaster quickly grappled away as a cyan blur tried attacking him from behind.

Rainbow planted her hooves on the ground and skidded to a stop, gnarling her teeth in frustration due to Taskmaster evading her.

"GET BACK HERE! I WANNA REMATCH FROM EARLIER!" Rainbow shouted in anger.

Taskmaster, perched on a destroyed rooftop, gave the mare a tiny salute, enraging the Pegasus greatly. Rainbow took to the air and zoomed towards Taskmaster.

Unbeknownst to her, Star Lord was flying towards him from behind, hoping to get the jump on him.

"HEY, DOUCHEBAG!!!" Peter shouted.

"Too easy." Taskmaster thought as he quickly threw down a smoke bomb and disappeared from view.

Star Lord and Rainbow Dash collided and fell to the ground, just as he planned it. Taskmaster was currently on the ground, avoiding strikes from Drax, who was slashing at him with his daggers.

"HOLD STILL, COSTUMED MAN!!!" Drax shouted in anger as he slashed and slashed.

Taskmaster smirked underneath his mask and ducked down before delivering a nasty uppercut to Drax's jaw. As Drax the Destroyer flew through the air, Taskmaster charged forward and slide tackled Amy Rose to the ground, taking her out quickly.

Taskmaster quickly got to his feet and quickly analyzed his environment.

He could see all the possibilities he had for a counterattack, he just had to play his cards right. But a sudden thud from behind him broke his train of thought.

(End song)

He turned around to see none other than Red Skull standing behind him in his combat suit. This also gained the attention of the heroes, causing the battle to cease momentarily.

Red Skull spread out his arms as he addressed his enemies, "Avengers! Your end is nigh! My forces have you surrounded and outgunned! No amount of reinforcements can help you now!"

The Thing slammed his fists together, "Ya sure about that, Skully?"

"Of course! My victory is assured! I take it you've all noticed my Combat Suit? It is based off of Stark's design, I've only improved upon it! It'll be the last thing any of you ever see!" Red Skull declared proudly before turning to Taskmaster, "We no longer have to be Khan's servants. Join me Taskmaster, together we could destroy The Avengers, The Fantastic 4, and The Guardians of the Galaxy! You'll be greatly rewarded for your efforts."

Taskmaster crossed his arms, "Sorry, but I already have a job. And I always get the job done. Plus the pay is good."

Red Skull frowned, "Then know this! The heroes will not be the only ones to fall this day! The Cabal shall fall to Hydra's might! Khan will pay for treating me like a lapdog! I am a ruler, not a servant! Once you all fall, the world shall follow!"

Rainbow flapped her wings in the air as she folded her forelegs, "You really think we're going to let you try and take over the world?"

"You're surrounded," Amy added as she readied her hammer, "Surrender now!"

Red Skull chuckled as he began to hover into the air, his arms folded over his chest, "Why would I surrender when I have the upper hand? This shall be your downfall, not mine! Today, Hydra takes Latveria! Tomorrow, America! And then Hydra shall rule the entire world! There is nothing you can--"

Red Skull was then blasted in the back by an enormous laser beam.

The Hydra leader's scream filled the air as he soared across the sky and crash landed in the roof of a building. Everyone was either shocked or confused.

"Ahem."

They all turned to see Rocket standing atop a pile of rubble, holding a Quantum Igniter in his hands.

"I don't get why you guys just stand there while the bad guy explains his evil plan." Rocket spoke as he leaned his Quantum Igniter over his shoulder, "I mean, it's flarkin' hilarious but just shoot the guy. BAM! Fight's over and we get paid...eh...usually."

Not a word was spoken, all was silence.

Rainbow blinked a few times before asking, "...Why does that make sense?"


"Okay, I guess we're doing this!" Tony shouted frantically as he quickly took to the air and fired a Unibeam at Mandarin.

The attack did nothing, it just bounced off of him.

"Seriously? That's your first attack?" Mandarin asked as he dusted himself off, "Allow me to show you mine, Stark."

Mandarin used the purple ring to teleport behind Tony and used the red ring to blast the hero down to the ground with a fire blast. Mandarin then shot downwards and smashed the ground with his fist, creating a purple shockwave upon impact. Susan quickly used her powers to protect everyone with an invisible shield.

It took everything she had to keep that shield up, eventually falling to one knee under strain.

Tails then pressed down on the cuffs of his gloves, activating his new invention.

The Ring Blades.

Tails and Mr. Fantastic charged forward, with Mr. Fantastic stretching his upper body to keep up with Tails. Reed sent his giant fist forward to try and punch Mandarin, but the villain used the yellow ring to create a barrier of ice to shield himself from the attack.

Reed punched the wall of ice as Tails quickly took to the air and dashed downward to strike Mandarin from above. But Khan saw this coming and used the blue ring to emit a sonic blast that sent Tails flying across the room. Mandarin then used the white ring to move as fast as the wind and shoulder charged Reed Richards right into Doom's throne.

As Reed fell down the stairs leading to Doom's throne, Fluttershy, who was hiding behind the throne, peaked her head out and then immediately popped back behind the chair.

Iron Man quickly took to the air and fired a dozen rockets at his arch enemy.

Mandarin simply raised his hand and closed his fist, the black ring glowing as a black hole appeared before him and sucked all of the rockets inside. The black hole disappeared as Khan used the crimson ring to hit Tony with a mental attack before controlling his mind.

Khan then turned Tony around and used him to hit Tails with a Unibeam, sending the young Fox crashing into one of the various pillars inside Doom's throne room. Mandarin then used the orange ring to create an acid cloud around Iron Man. Tony screamed as the acid began chewing through his armor, much to Mandarin's pleasure.

Once he had his fun, Mandarin used the green ring to blast Tony in the chest with an energy beam that sent him across the room.

Sue, who had now recovered, created an invisible disc under her feet and took to the air, hurling invisible discs at The Mandarin.

Khan used the purple ring to create a forcefield that blocked the projectiles.

Mandarin was getting bored now. He closed his fist and created an explosion that sent not only Sue back, but all of the other heroes that were coming his way. As everyone groaned in pain, Tony got back to his feet and glared at Khan.

He then activated his boosters and flew right towards Mandarin.

Only to be backhanded away by Gene with little to no effort. Khan then used the purple ring to levitate into the air and then used the blue ring to summon a water tornado. The water tornado swallowed up Iron Man, Reed, and Tails, swirling them around for a bit before spitting them back out.

As the three heroes crashed down onto the ground, Mandarin used all ten rings to levitate all of the heroes, including poor Fluttershy, into the air and held them there as he spoke.

"You do not understand, with the ten rings I am a God. You cannot even lay a finger on me. You've got to realize how pointless this battle really is." Mandarin gloated as he squeezed his fists tighter, crushing the heroes' bodies in the process.

Tails tried to fight the tears in his eyes, but the pain was too much, "W...we'll....ngh! N-Never....stop fighting....against you!" Tails declared through the pain.

Mandarin nodded in agreement, "I completely agree, which is why it is annoying. You see me as a villain, but you don't me. Some people call me a terrorist, I consider myself a teacher. Here, allow me to indulge you in my wisdom. Lesson number one. Heroes, there is no such thing."

"I agree."

(End song)

The sudden voice caught Mandarin's attention, causing him to turn around.

Dr. Doom was standing right there in front of him.

"Well, this is a surprise. Is this really you, or is it another one of your robot duplicates?" Mandarin asked.

"I told you that I would make you regret ever standing against me, Khan. That time has come." Doom declared as his voice boomed throughout the throne room.

Mandarin tilted his head to the side, "Finally decided to man up and face me?"

Doom took a step forward, "Let us make one thing clear. Doom. Fears. No one."

"Then why not face me sooner? Why send them," He pointed towards the heroes in his grasp, "to face me?"

Doom had him right where he wanted him, "I needed you distracted, those fools were the perfect pawns to keep your Cabal of simpletons distracted."

Mandarin was starting to grow curious, "Distracted? From what?"

"From Doom collecting his trump card."

Mandarin decided to humor Doom, "Alright, I'll bite. What's this trump card of yours?"

Doom then raised his arm up slightly and opened up his hand as a blue gem hovered in the palm of his hand.

Everyone's eyes widened.

"THE SPACE STONE!!!" Tony shouted at the revelation.

Doom was smiling under his mask, "Yes, I had found it's location and decided to use all of you to distract that fool so I could collect. With this Stone, not only will it spell Thanos' doom," he glared at Khan with intense hatred, "but yours as well."

Khan was growing more and more agitated, "I'm going to tear that Stone from your cold, dead corpse!"

"You shall do no such thing. You declared war on Latveria, Khan." Doom gazed at the Space Stone in his hand, "Now prepare to reap what you sow."

Doom then closed his hand around the Stone, a bright blue light shining through Doom's fingers as he was engulfed in a bright, white light. The light was so intense, even Khan had to cover his eyes. The ground beneath Doom broke apart due to his sheer power.

Doom could feel the power coursing through him.

He could feel the universe itself.

His eyes shot open as the light slowly dimmed, glowing with limitless power.

Once Khan lowered his arm, he saw Doom standing in the center of the throne room, a white, smoky aura around him.

"You are no longer in the presence of a Latverian monarch. You are in the presence of a GOD EMPEROR!"

Author's Note:

Now let mankind beware, for Doctor Doom has attained powers without limit

PreviousChapters Next