• Published 4th Mar 2022
  • 2,793 Views, 412 Comments

Tomorrow War - Battwell

  • ...
6
 412
 2,793

PreviousChapters Next
Calamity (Part 3)

Sonic boosted into the air, shooting out of the hole that Hulk made to get into the base. He flipped a few times before he landed on the ground. He turned around to see Twilight, who was carrying Applejack and Rarity with her magic, land beside him, setting her two friends down softly.

Rainbow flew up from the hole in the ground, carrying Pinkie Pie with her forelegs while Fluttershy merely flew up slowly from the hole and landed next to Sonic as RD set Pinkie down. Rainbow landed next to Fluttershy and smiled at the shy Pegasus.

The rain bounced off of everyone's fur and it didn't seem that the rain was going to let up anytime soon. Everyone looked up to see Tails in the Tornado, Celestia, Luna, and Thor finishing up with the Egg Fleet.

Sonic turned to Twilight, "You ready for this?"

Twilight nodded, determination written all over her facial features, "Ready when you are."

Sonic exhaled and closed his eyes, "Three...."

Twilight had a fire burning in her eyes, "Two...."

"One." They both said in unison.

"LET'S FINISH THIS!" Everyone shouted as they charged forward towards the landing strip.


Sonic skidded to a stop as his arch nemesis came into view. Eggman was sitting in his Egg Mobile with both Orbot and Cubot. Rainbow, who managed to catch up, landed next to Sonic as the rest of the Mane 6 caught up and stood next to the azure Hedgehog.

Eggman turned his head slightly. He smiled as he saw his most hated nemesis standing before him. The Egg Mobile turned around fully to face Sonic and the Mane 6.

"Ah, Sonic! My old friend!" Eggman sneered as he glared at his nemesis. "I'm glad you could make it.....TO YOUR FUNERAL!!!"

Sonic took a step forward, his arms outstretched as he shouted, "You wanted me, Eggman?! Here I am!"

"We're here to finish this, Robotnik!" Twilight shouted as she too stepped forward.

"We ain't gon' let ya terrorize innocent lives anymore!" Applejack yelled.

"Tonight. It. Ends!" Rainbow said seriously.

Eggman smirked as he folded his arms, "It seems that you're all serious. I expected it from the Hedgehog, but from you Ponies? I must say that I'm impressed."

"This has gone on long enough, Eggman! Time and time again you have threatened Mobius! My home! And as if THAT wasn't enough, you decided to spread you twisted ideals to other universes!" Sonic shouted.

"TWISTED?! HOW DARE YOU CALL MY IDEALS TWISTED!" Eggman shouted in anger.

"What else is there to call them, you big meany!" Pinkie shouted in a surprisingly serious manner.

"You used the magic of the Elements of Harmony to nearly break both our worlds! You teamed up with Otto Octavius and King Sombra to rewrite the Multiverse! And you've roboticized Faust knows how many innocent creatures! You're rotten to the core, Robotnik!" Twilight shouted as she broke down the many twisted things Eggman has done.

"I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else, Eggman! This time I'm making sure that you never see the light of day again!" Sonic yelled at his most hated nemesis.

"YOU FOOLS JUST DON'T GET IT, DO YOU?! I AM DOCTOR IVO ROBOTNIK! I DO WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT! I TAKE WHAT I PLEASE! I CONQUER ANYTHING I SEE! YOU'VE GOTTEN IN MY WAY FOR THE LAST TIME, SONIC! TONIGHT EGGMANLAND WILL FINALLY COME TO BE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Eggman laughed like a madman.

Sonic rolled his eyes, "In what reality would I ever let THAT happen?"

Eggman smiled a sick grin, "Oh, but that's the best part, rodent!" He then opened his hand, revealing the Reality Stone. "Reality can be whatever I want!"

He then closed his hand tightly as the Reality Stone began to glow, its light shining through Eggman's enclosed hand. He then shot his arm up into the air, the Stone glowing ever so bright. As the Stone shined, something was forming behind Eggman.

Something big.

It was a robot.

As the robot formed into existence thanks to the Reality Stone, Sonic and the others couldn't help but stare in shock at the sheer capabilities of the Reality Stone. Eggman chuckled as the Egg Mobile flew above the torso of the robot, the head forming over the Egg Mobile.

Eggman waved as the eye of the mech closed over the cockpit.

Sonic and the Mane 6 all took a step back as the mech's shadow loomed over them.

"You like it? I hope you do because it'll be the last thing any of you see! This all turned out perfectly! I needed some alone time to fully understand the capabilities of the Reality Stone! You fighting M.O.D.O.K was the distraction I needed! And now my ultimate weapon is complete! The Egg Calamity!!!" Eggman shouted as the Egg Calamity's eye brightened. "Finally. Now that the three worlds have merged, it'll make my job easier! Once I'm through with you, I'll find the rest of the Infinity Stones and use them to rule the world! Pity about the damage done down there but there's still enough left for me to conquer."

Sonic pointed at his nemesis, "THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GET CONQUERED IS YOUR FACE, EGGMAN!!"

"YEAH!!!" The Mane 6 shouted in unison.

Eggman rolled his eyes, "Unlikely, rodent! I have the Reality Stone! You can't beat me this time!"

It was then that both Sonic and Twilight smirked. In a flash of light, seven beautiful Emeralds appeared around the group. The Chaos Emeralds floated around the group of heroes. Eggman's jaw practically hit the floor. He didn't account for this.

Sonic chuckled, "What? You didn't think that we wouldn't come prepared, did you?"

The group was then consumed by a radiant light, causing Eggman to shield his eyes with his arm. Once the light dimmed, seven Super Formed heroes floated above the ground, a radiant aura surrounding them all.

"Ooh wee! Ah sure have missed this!" AJ exclaimed.

"You and me both!" Rainbow agreed.

"I forgot how peaceful this feels." Fluttershy added.

"I still cannot get over how good I look like this!" Rarity gushed over her appearance.

"WHOO HOO!!!" Pinkie cheered as she floated around, doing a backstroke motion as she floated.

"Now, Robotnik. You were saying?" Twilight asked with a smirk.

"You wanna know how I'll beat you, Eggman? With my friends! Something that you don't understand since you don't have any friends." Sonic added with a smirk.

Eggman growled in annoyance, "This. Changes. NOTHING! DR. EGGMAN WILL STILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!"

The Egg Calamity then shot up into the air.

Sonic chuckled and turned to Twilight, "Maybe he'd have more friends if he didn't refer to himself in the third person."

Twilight shrugged, "Even then, I doubt he'd have any."

Sonic smiled and turned to the rest of the Mane 6, "Alright, ladies," he turned back around and tightened his fists, "Let's get him."

(End song)


Sonic and the Mane 6 flew through the stormy sky, determined to stop Eggman once and for all. Sonic led the group as the Egg Calamity came into view. The reality warping mech roared as Sonic flew up to the mech.

"This is where it ends, Sonic!" Eggman exclaimed.

"You're right, Egghead! Let's finish this! Once and for all!" Sonic shouted as he boosted forward.

"DIE!!!"

The Egg Calamity thrusted its wings and propelled away from the Super Formed heroes. Once far enough away, the Egg Calamity fired an Ocular Blast from its eye, determined to hit the speedy Hedgehog. Sonic grinned as he swayed to the left, avoiding the blast.

As Sonic flew forward, Eggman wasn't going to let him get the chance to attack. The mech released a red shockwave, sending Sonic spiraling back through the air. As Sonic recovered, the Egg Calamity slashed its red claw, summoning three red energy saws and sent them flying towards Sonic.

Sonic was too close to get away so he braced himself, but he didn't need to as Twilight summoned a shield to protect him from the saws. The shield shattered on impact, but at least Sonic wasn't split into two halves of himself. Sonic looked back and gave Twilight a thumbs up.

"You annoying Alicorn! You'll regret that!"

The Mane 6 then boosted and flew next to Sonic, side by side. United in friendship, ready to finish this.

The black hole in the Egg Calamity's chest glowed brighter as three strands of energy shot out of the black hole. The strands morphed into three giant red energy spears. Eggman sent the spears forward at high speeds. Sonic and the Mane 6 split apart from one another to avoid the spears.

But to their surprise, each of the spears split in two and turned around to follow the Mane 6. As a spear was closing in on Twilight, she summoned a shield around her, but it didn't do much as the spear shattered the shield as lightning crackled behind her.

Twilight spun through the air as Rainbow flew at high speeds to try and get away from the spear. Rainbow boosted forwards as Applejack came into view. The two mares smirked at one another as they boosted toward each other. As they got closer to one another, the spears accelerated their speed and were closing in on the two ponies.

Once they got close enough, both RD and AJ nose dived downward as the two spears collided with one another, creating a massive explosion of energy.

Pinkie bounced through the air.....somehow, as the spear tried following her movements. Pinkie giggled in amusement, she was having a blast. But for a small moment, she stopped bouncing, giving the spear the chance to speed up and hit her in the chest, sending her downward towards the ocean. Pinkie recovered just before she fell into the ocean depths, shaking her head and tail before she shot back up.

Rarity and Fluttershy were trying to get away from the spears, but to no avail as they caught up to them. Rarity, thinking of her friend, summoned a shield around the shy mare, protecting her from the incoming projectiles. Rarity took all of the damage and begun falling to the ocean.

"RARITY!!!" Fluttershy screamed as the shield faded away.

She shot down at high speeds and caught her friend before she could fall into the ocean. Rarity regained consciousness as Fluttershy flew up, holding her friend in her forelegs.

"Thank you, Fluttershy." Rarity thanked.

The shy mare nodded as Rarity flew out of Fluttershy's grasp.

While all of this was happening, Sonic was battling Eggman, avoiding projectile after projectile. The Egg Calamity fired another Ocular Blast as Sonic flew closer to the mech's eye. The blast hit Sonic in the chest, sending him back.

"MWAHAHAHA! EGGSCELLENT!"

As Sonic recovered in mid air, he chuckled, "W-wait.....D-did you just say--"

"SHUT UP! YOU HEARD NOTHING, HEDGEHOG!"

The Egg Calamity then fired a red blast from its left hand. As the blast approached Sonic, he curled into a ball and shot forward, tearing right through the blast and tried hitting the Egg Calamity's black hole, hoping to do some damage, but only managed to send the mech back as it blocked the Homing Attack with its forearms.

"YOU LITTLE...."

As the Mane 6 flew up beside Sonic, Eggman aimed the mech's red claw at the group of heroes. The three claws all launched off of the mech's hand, heading straight for Sonic and the Mane 6. Fluttershy, thinking quickly, covered herself with her wings, creating giant barrier around the group, protecting them from the incoming projectiles.

Once the projectiles hit the barrier, Fluttershy moved her wings, making the barrier disappear.

"Nice going, Fluttershy!" Sonic complimented.

As Fluttershy blushed from the attention, the Egg Calamity's claws reappeared in it's hand.

"A BIT OFF THE MARK THERE, HUH EGGHEAD?!"

"NO! I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN! IT'S...UH...IT'S PART OF MY PLAN!"

Rainbow scoffed, "You're plan is as fake as your mustache!"

"WH....WHO TOLD YOU THAT?! THAT'S A LIE!"

The mech then released a wave of energy from the Reality Stone, summoning two familiar mechs flying on both sides of the Egg Calamity.

"Heh heh! Remember these two?" Eggman asked with a smirk.

The Sinister Egg Core roared as the Emperor Egg Robot aimed its many tentacles at the heroes.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Rainbow exclaimed.

The Sinister Egg Core, the Emperor Egg Robot, and the Egg Calamity all fired lasers at the heroes before them. Thinking quickly, Sonic and the others split from one another, avoiding the massive lasers approaching them.

"OHOHOHOHOHO!!! SO THIS IS THE POWER OF THE REALITY STONE! I LOVE IT! IF YOU FOOLS WANT TO GET TO ME! YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THEM FIRST!!!" Eggman shouted as both The Sinister Egg Core and the Emperor Egg Robot flew in front of the Egg Calamity, protecting it.

Sonic smirked, "Soooo, hiding is your big master plan?"

Eggman scoffed, "No! That starts AFTER I destroy you!"

"So never then?" Sonic replied.

Eggman growled in fury, "You cocky needlemouse! YOU'LL EAT THOSE WORDS!!!"

Rainbow grinned, "I think the only one that's eating is YOU fatty lobotnik!"

"CALLBACK!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!!"

Sonic was about to boost forward, but Rainbow stopped him, "Pinkie and I have got this."

The two flew forward as the Emperor Egg Robot aimed its two giant hands at the two Ponies. Both mare smirked as they boosted forward, piercing the mech through its chest before it could fire. The Emperor Egg Robot faded away as the two friends hoofbumped.

Rarity and Fluttershy dashed forward towards The Sinister Egg Core. The mech roared as it fired a laser from its mouth. Fluttershy and Rarity dodged the laser and boosted forward, piercing the mech through its eye. The mech roared as it two, faded away.

This gave way for Sonic, Twilight, and Applejack to boost towards the Egg Calamity.

"I wonder if there are any more egg puns that I haven't used?" Sonic wondered.

"DO YOU EVER SHUT UP!"

"No wait! I got one! You're not doing so well! Do you need me to egg you on? BOOM!"

Eggman rolled his eyes, "Very good. How about you think of more egg puns while I ERASE YOU FROM EXISTENCE!"

Eggman fired another Ocular Blast, but Twilight summoned a shield to protect them all from the attack. Giving AJ the opportunity to boost forward and hit one of the mech's wings, allowing Sonic the chance to boost forward and hit the black hole in the mech's chest, damaging it greatly.

As the Egg Calamity flew back, Sonic looked to the girls and smiled, "Let's end this!"

Sonic then boosted forward as Eggman summoned giant red meteors with the Stone. Sonic curled into a ball and dashed through all of them, destroying them. Sonic then uncurled and boosted towards Eggman and hit the black hole, sending the mech further back.

Twilight then nodded to her friends and boosted forward to the Egg Calamity.

Eggman snarled at the approaching Alicorn, "I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU THE MOMENT I MET YOU!!!"

Twilight fired a blast from her horn, hitting the mech's other wing, causing damage as Rainbow dashed forward and hit the mech in the eye. Applejack summoned her giant lasso and threw it around the Egg Calamity. Fluttershy spread her wings as Pinkie summoned multiple giant cupcakes, hurling them at the Egg Calamity while a giant light shined out of Fluttershy's wings, damaging the mech as Rarity summoned a giant gem in front of her and hurled it towards the Egg Calamity.

The Egg Calamity was sent hurdling back as it began falling apart.

"It's over, Eggman!" Sonic exclaimed.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK HEDGEHOG!" Eggman replied.

All of a sudden, the mechs injuries faded away as it roared once more, shocking the heroes.

"B-BUT HOW?!" Twilight asked in shock.

"IDIOTIC PONY! WITH THE REALITY STONE, I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT! WHILE YOU ALL EVENTUALLY TIRE OUT, I'LL STILL BE KICKING! YOU CAN'T WIN THIS! I'VE WON AT LAST! OHOHOHOHOHO!!!"

It was then that Rainbow Dash smirked, "Sooo, we just need to get that Stone off of you and you'll lose?"

Eggman smiled in victory, "Exactly!"

Sonic and RD looked at one another and smirked, "TOO EASY!!!" They both yelled in unison.

Eggman's eyes widened as he saw the tow speedster approaching the cockpit at a fast speed, "N-NO! STAY BACK! GET AWAY FROM MY STONE!!!"

The Egg Calamity prepared another Ocular Blast, but Sonic and Rainbow were too fast as they pierced through the mech's eye and landed in the cockpit.

Sonic smirked at his nemesis, "Hey, Egghead."

Eggman shrieked like a little girl, distracted from the fact that Rainbow zoomed passed him and took the Reality Stone from the console in front of him.

"Thank you!" Rainbow shouted as she zoomed out of the cockpit.

Sonic gave Eggman a tiny salute before boosting out of the cockpit. Suddenly, everything around Eggman started to fade away.

"Nonononononono!!! How can this be!!! I. WAS. WINNING!!!"

Sonic and RD regrouped with their friends and turned around to see the Egg Calamity fading away. The mech gave one last roar before fading away from existence. Eggman wasn't done yet as he snarled in anger.

"I'M NOT FINISHED YET!!!"

(End song)

The Egg Mobile then zoomed downward to the A.I.M base.

Both Sonic and RD shook their heads and led the pack after Eggman.


The Egg Mobile crashed down on the landing strip.

Eggman crawled out of the wreckage with his two lackey bots following close behind him. He made a run for it as he saw Sonic and the Mane 6 flying towards him. He smirked as he made his way to the hole in the landing strip created by Hulk and jumped in as Sonic and the others landed.

Before they could say anything, something flew out of the hole in the strip, something big, but not as big as the Egg Calamity. The robot landed in front of the group, looming over them menacingly.

"OHOHOHOHO! READY FOR ROUND TWO?! JUST YOU AND ME, HEDGEHOG! NO PONIES! NO HEROES! JUST YOU. ME. AND MY EGG DEVIL!" Eggman shouted as the mech flew back.

Sonic smirked at the Mane 6, "I got this."

"Be careful." Twilight replied.

Sonic gave a thumbs up before zooming forward, chasing after Eggman for one last time.

The Egg Devil was fast, but not as fast as Super Sonic.

"GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!"

The Egg Devil aimed its hand at Super Sonic and fired a red laser at the yellow Hedgehog. Sonic just smirked and boosted through the laser and hit the Egg Devil with a Homing Attack, sending the mech rolling down the landing strip. Sonic boosted forward and hit the mech again, sending it further down the strip.

The Egg Devil recovered and detached its hands. They then fired tiny little blasts from their fingertips. Sonic rolled his eyes and took the blasts head on, unfazed by any of the attacks. The hands reattached as Eggman growled in anger.

"Ready to give up, Egghead?"

"Not yet, rodent!"

The Egg Devil then boosted towards Sonic, trying to shoulder charge the yellow hero. Sonic simply swayed to the left, avoiding the attack as the mech propelled itself back to its original position.

"OH, WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE!!!"

Sonic gave a smirk before curling into a ball, "Because as long as I breathe, Eggman. I'll never let you win!"

Sonic then shot forward and hit the Egg Devil in the chest with a Super Homing Attack, launching Eggman and his lackey bots out of the back of the mech. As the mad doctor landed on the ground harshly, the Egg Devil exploded in a blaze of glory, never to be used again.

(End song)

As Eggman groaned in pain, Sonic landed in front of him, smiling a smile that Eggman loathed. Eggman knew when he was beat.

He surrendered.

Sonic turned to see Thor, Celestia, and Luna land behind him as the Mane 6 flew towards him. Sonic then heard a distinct roar, meaning that The Avengers were not far behind.

As he began walking away, Eggman asked, "I don't get it. Why?"

Sonic stopped and turned his head to his nemesis, "Why what?"

Eggman sighed as he looked at his nemesis, "Why can't I ever beat you?"

Sonic chuckled and turned to his mortal enemy, "Because, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog."

It was then that multiple S.H.I.E.L.D Quinjets flew through the storm clouds, making their way to the A.I.M base. Sonic smiled and gave Eggman one tiny salute.

"See you round, Eggman."

Sonic then turned and walked away as the Quinjets landed. Eggman sighed, he lost. But he'll be back.

After all, he always comes back.

Eggman smiled, "You can bet on it, Hedgehog."


"Metal" crashed through the roof of an abandoned warehouse somewhere in Sokovia. The robot looked around before walking into the darkness. As he walked, the lights above him turned on, revealing multiple computers and weapon making equipment.

"Metal" sang to himself as he turned on the master computer.

"I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me~"

End of Arc 1

Author's Note:

The Stone of Reality has been obtained, but a new age is about to dawn upon us all

PreviousChapters Next