• Published 16th Nov 2021
  • 3,165 Views, 95 Comments

Sonic Enters A New Generation - Idiotboy24



Sonic tries to go faster than he ever has but ends up accidentally traveling to a new world and he meets new friends and enemies along the way

  • ...
6
 95
 3,165

Meeting Zipp & The Plan

Author's Note:

New chapter baby, alright for those who are wondering why Sonic is acting the way he does in the story.

It’s because I wanted to make him more alive and actually have character something most of the recent games have failed to do.

But anyway hope you enjoy this new chapter.

Location: Zephyr Heights Dungeons

“Something is not right. We haven’t seen a single pony flying, except the royal family.” Sunny spoke aloud. She then noticed that both Sonic and Izzy weren’t really paying any attention to what she had said.

“Izzy, Sonic are you listening?” She looked back at them. Sonic was looking at Izzy with an amused face due to her sitting in a chair that was vibrating, she was also wearing cucumber slices on her eyes.

“This isn’t dungeony at all.” Izzy said to no one in particular. Sunny smiled at this and began to realise Izzy was right, there was a fountain in the middle of the room, a chandelier on the ceiling and a nice big bed with pink covers, ‘how could this be a dungeon’ Sunny thought to herself.

Sonic looked at Sunny with an amused smile before finally speaking “you know that we’ll be out of here soon right?” Sonic asked Sunny to which she replied. “Not really because we have no way out of this room and the whole place is highly secured, from what I can tell.”

Sonic quickly gave a small chuckle before lifting up his arm with his hand in the air. “Well then Alakazam.” Sonic stated before snapping his fingers.

“Hey! I’m sorry you three got locked up here, but I have to talk to you.” A new voice called to them, the trio turned toward the source of who talked. To see none other than the first Pegasus they had met ever since arriving at Zephyr Heights.

“Princess?” Sunny asked.

“Your majesticness. Y-your grateful highness.” Izzy continued stuttering until she was stopped by the Pegasus.

“Zipp. Just call me Zipp.” She added quickly reassuring Izzy.

“Ok, Zipp I’m Sunny, and these are my friends.” Sunny stated.

“Izzy Moonbow.” She said in a low voice.

“I’m Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog.” Sonic said with a smirk plastered on his face once more.

“Sunny, Izzy, Sonic, I really need to ask you something important. About magic.” she whispered the last bit.

“That’s why we’re here. Maybe you can tell us how yours works? Izzy has no idea how the unicorns lost theirs. So we thought maybe-“ She was cut off by Zipp.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Lost theirs? As in no magic?” She asked with curiosity, to which the trio shook their heads at Zipp causing realisation to come to her head.

“Well, that changes things. Listen, I might have some information that could help, but you need to tell me about this.” She then pulls out from her wing Sunny’s Journal.

“My journal thank you, Zipp. I thought I never see it again.” Sunny beamed with hope and new found trust toward the royal Pegasus.

“Yeah I can be pretty sneaky when I want to be.” Zipp replied with confidence.

“Like stealing cookies from the cookie jar.” Sonic quipped bringing a snicker from the group.

“So where did it come from?” Zipp asked refocusing on the task at hand.

“It was my father’s. Why?” Sunny asked a bit confused.

“That star…” Zipp couldn’t finish the thought as a fanfare, came from down the hall to reveal two guards, holding their phones out with trumpet symbols on the screens.

The guards rolled down a red carpet for Princess Pipp, who began making her way down toward the main group but stopped when she saw Zipp.

“Zipp what are you doing here? Mom said to stay away.” She said with a sneer causing Zipp to smirk.

“Right. Then why are you here? Zipp asked with slight sarcasm.

“For the content.” Pipp scoffed while pulling her phone out.

Sonic decided to finally speak up. “Hey princess. I have to ask you a few questions if that’s ok with you?” Pipp responded without a care in the world.
“Go ahead.” Sonic smirked.

“Okay so my first question is do you know your animal species? And two why isn’t anyone flying?” The second question is what caught Pipp off guard she became very nervous and turned toward the group to respond.

“Everypony knows that only royals can fly, of course.” Pipp said while still being nervous, Sonic caught on to her nervous look but decided to not say anything.

“What?!” Both Sunny and Izzy responded.

“I know, it’s not fair, but that’s just the way it is. If there was some way we could teach the citizens to fly, you know we would do it in a wing-beat. Right Zipp?” Pipp looked at her sister waiting for an anwser.

“Yeah. In a wing-beat.” Zipp replied with sarcasm and a deadpanned expression. While Sunny and Izzy looked at each other Sonic had a small scowl on his face aimed towards Pipp. He had been thinking in his head about how she never understood what it’s like for life to not be fair.

His expression went unnoticed by almost everyone except for Zipp who was little concerned for why he was doing it.

Suddenly Pipp’s phone started buzzing causing her to quickly grab it from her wing. “Oh dress rehersals. Gotta go. And so should you.” She said while whispering to Zipp the last part.

“Me-me-me!” She said in a singsong voice before trotting back down the hall. “Red feather, Yellow feather, Red feather, Yellow feather…” she continued down until she was gone causing Zipp to look back at the group.

“I have to show you something.” She explained, before she put her hoof on a scanner and opened up the cell. “You coming or what?” Zipp called, causing Sunny to follow. Sonic quickly stopped Izzy and pointed at the fruit bowl with a grin, which caused her to giggle before replacing the tennis ball with an orange by swapping them. They then proceeded to follow Zipp and Sunny.


Location: Canyon

Out in the canyon there were two bunnies casually roaming around, before a hoof came up and revealed Hitch who had been climbing, the bunnies ran away in fear before coming back to see Hitch.

Hitch then gasped at something he saw. “Litter.” He then quickly corrected himself when he saw it was one of Sunny’s stickers “I mean a clue.” He looked around for a little bit before finding a stick with a blue string on it. “Hmm. Unicorn hair.” He proceeded forward before finding something on the ground again, he picked up the newly found feather and licked it. “Peagasi.” He then quickly put his head on the floor to find some tracks. “Tracks gone cold.” He whispered.

“Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, Sunny. You think you’ve escaped? Well think again.” He began before continuing his speech. “I will not eat, I will not sleep… Well maybe a quick nap and a snack if I can’t find you in the next few hours. But after that, nothing will stop me!” He finished with pride and a smile.

Then there was some cheering causing Hitch to look at the dozens of bunnies clapping theirs ears together. “Oh, thank you. Thank you. No, no. You’re to kind. Also…” he continued his speech with an encore, most of the bunnies stopped cheering to listen except for one who was them shushed by another bunny.

“I’ll follow you wherever you go. Whether harshest deserts, the coldest tundras, no trail to dangerous, no clue too small.” He continued to trail off while the clouds behind him slowly disappeared causing the bunnies to start getting his attention.

“The past matters not! It’s justice…” he then noticed the bunnies getting his attention causing him to groan after they ruined his in depth speech.

“Oh, what? What?” He asked a little annoyed. The bunnies then pointed their ears behind causing Hitch to turn around and look at the mugshots of Sunny, Izzy and Sonic.

Sunny looked unhappy, Izzy had a big grin and Sonic made a funny face. Hitch smiled with confidence. “Gotcha.”


Location: Zephyr Heights Station

A metal grate slid open revealing the group of ponies and hedgehog looking down at the room below, Zipp jumped down and landed before looking back up at the group. “Watch your step.” Both Sunny and Izzy jumped down to where Zipp was while Sonic landed in while tucked into a ball making his fall a lot softer.

“That’s a nice trick you have there Sonic.” Zipp complimented.

“Thanks.” Sonic responded with a smile. But behind it was the same scowl he had worn when looking at Pipp. Zipp could still see it was there but decided not to question it for now.

Zipp then pushed down a lever which caused the platform they were on to descend in a big room, this caused Sunny, Izzy and Sonic to look on in awe at the place they were at.

“Where are we?” Sunny asked still in awe of the place.

“It’s amazing, right? I’m pretty sure it was some sort of station, for when earth ponies and unicorns used to visit Zephyr Heights.” Zipp explained.

Sunny walked over toward a portrait of Maretime Bay and put her hoof on it removing some of the dust. “It’s like everypony just forgot.” Sunny guessed.

She then looked upwards to see a picture of a forest known as Bridlewood which showed one pony of each kind. “This is proof. All ponykinds did use to be friends! My dad was right.” Sunny exclaimed while looking at Izzy.

The sight brought a smile to Sonic’s face seeing just how peaceful and quiet this world is, this made feel a little sad though as he thought back to when he was young and had to stop Dr. Eggman from taking over the world for the first time, and ever since then he never had peace in his life and ever since Eggman’s most recent scheme of causing the Metal Virus he had just about enough of Eggman but decided to not do anything to him. This only made Sonic more irritated at Pipp who took her peace in life for granted and caused him slightly growl to himself.

Sunny and Izzy looked at Sonic and noticed his new look of sadness and irritation that clouded him, this confused them both and made them concerned for how Sonic was feeling at that moment.

Before they could do that, they noticed Zipp who was looking at another portrait, this time on some pegasi that wore blue suits with yellow stripes around their heads, with some headgear covering their eyes.

The group walked toward Zipp to which Sunny commented. “Must be really weird, being the only pegasi that can fly.” Zipp sighed in disappointment of how she really hated not telling them the truth about herself and her family, but she finally let it go.

“The truth is, we can’t fly either. We’ve been faking it.” Zipp admitted finally not having to deal with the guilt she had inside of her. The group sans Sonic gasped at the revelation of the royal family not being able to fly, while Sonic was not too shocked as he could see through Pipp’s lies the moment he asked that question from before.

“Faking it? But-But how?” Sunny asked with shock evident in her voice.

“You’d be surprised what some wires and good lighting will do. But I’m just so tired of living that ridiculous lie. That’s why I come down here-to get away from all of that.” She explained getting the guilt of her chest before continuing. “And… Well to do this.” Zipp ran and jumped onto a lever which caused a fan to turn on, she spread her wings open which lifted her upwards into the air she then flew backwards doing a flip before flying back toward the room.

Sunny, Izzy and Sonic watched happily seeing Zipp having fun with her flight. “Now that’s what I call fun!” Sonic exclaimed with excitement.

Zipp then smiled with happiness filling her to the core. “Her sparkle is so bright right now!” Izzy commented.

Zipp flew back down to the ground and looked at the group. “But that’s not why I brought you down here. This is what I wanted to show you.” Zipp pointed upwards to reveal a big purple star with five miniature stars surrounding it on a stained glass making the group stare in awe once more.

“Oh, my stars.” Sunny said before looking at her journal to see the exact same Star on the cover. “This was made a long, long time ago, when we still had magic.” Zipp explained.

“It’s beautiful!” Izzy commented. Sunny looked around the stained glass before seeing a Pegasus on the stained glass with a crystal above it that was shaped to look like wings. “What is that?” Sunny asked full of curiosity.

“That’s the Pegasus crystal. It’s part of my mom’s crown.” Zipp explained. Sonic stepped forward and looked at the opposite side noticing a unicorn in a similar position as the Pegasus but above it there was nothing but broken glass.

“Hmm. Where is the unicorn crystal?” Sonic asked both himself and Zipp, he got no response and decided to look around and found some of the sun’s light bouncing off something that was hidden under some material, he made his way over and pull the material off to reveal what looked to be another crystal this time shaped to be like a unicorns horn.

He grabbed it and walked back toward the others who were watching him with curiosity and wonder, he then put it on the ground and slid it toward the reflection of the Pegasus crystal from the sun, he then connected it together with realisation hitting him and the others like a bullet train.

“Look!” Sonic pointed out to them.

“They fit?” Izzy questioned with surprise.

“These two crystals belong together. United.” Sonic explained with Optimism giving him a conclusion to their current predicament.

“So what are you saying?” Zipp asked a bit confused. Sonic then ran forward and looked up at the stained glass before looking back at the group.

“Maybe you lost your magic because the crystals were separated!” Sonic answered.

“So if we put them back together…” Izzy started.

“Magic will return.” Zipp continued.

“And all three ponykinds will get along again!” Sunny concluded.

“Exactly!” Sonic stated. Both Izzy and Zipp cheered until Zipp realised something. “But what about the unicorn crystal?” She asked with worry but Izzy put her worries to rest.

“Well if your looking for crystals. We’ve got, like, a gazillion of them back in Bridlewood.” Izzy explained calming Zipp down.

“Then that’s where we go next. After we get the Pegasus crystal from your mom, of course.” Sonic stated.

“Ooh that’ll be tricky. She never takes her crown off.” Zipp explained causing Sonic to think of all the things she does with her crown on her head the entire time, which made him feel uncomfortable.

“For a someone like your mom who doesn’t respect us three and allows this stuff to happen she does a pretty good job at keeping her crown safe.” Sonic complimented.

“So what do we do?” Sunny asked.

“I got it! Pipp’s performing at tonight’s royal celebration. All eyes will be on her, especially my mom’s. She’ll be distracted. So we just need to swap the real crown with a fake.” Zipp explained with confidence that beamed brightly around her.

“Ooh, I can make a decoy! But I will need a box of macaroni, a tube of glue, 14 gooey bunnies and three jellybeans. Oh, and glitter. Lots of glitter.” Izzy exclaimed with confidence brewing off her as well.

Before Zipp could explain anything else, her along with Sunny and Izzy felt a huge gust of wind go by them. They looked around them to find Sonic was gone but as soon as they blinked they felt the wind go by them again, they turned towards where it went only to find Sonic with a few bags with all of the supplies they needed.

This shocked the three ponies but mostly Zipp, Sonic looked at them with a smirk. “Don’t worry guys, we’ve got everything we need.” Sonic said calmly.

The three ponies continued to stare for a few more second before finally returning to normal and walking over to Sonic. “How did you do that!?” Zipp asked Sonic with shock flooding her voice.

“That’s just what life gives you excitement, fun and adventure.” Sonic stated with high optimism.

“We’ll that’s good, but now we need to talk about the plan of what to do.” Zipp told them, they huddled up and allowed Zipp to explain the plan.


After discussing the plan they all nodded before finally making their way toward the platform they had arrived in minutes earlier, but Sonic stopped and looked back out at the scenery that was on the other side of glass still acknowledging the peace that was emanating from the clear blue sky.

He smiled with warmth filling his heart but he then frowned at the thought of Pipp who had been taking her peaceful fake life for granted, it caused him to growl once more this time it was heard by Zipp who quickly told Sunny and Izzy to meet her at the platform, they did so while Zipp slowly walked towards Sonic who had his arms crossed.

After a few seconds she finally spoke up. “Hey, are you okay?” She asked with concern, the blue hedgehog looked back at her and then replied. “Not really and it’s nothing to do with you… it’s mostly to do with Pipp.” He stated with slight irritation.

Zipp was a little surprised before continuing to talk to him. “What’s wrong with my sister?” She asked with a little concern, this caused Sonic to sigh and continue to explain. “It’s just that she seems to love living this fake, peaceful life she has and doesn’t care about how anyone else feels.”

He paused for a moment looking at Zipp’s surprised face before he progressed with his words. “With her living this way, she’ll never understand how some other creatures or ponies live their lives for example me who has to stop an arch nemesis almost every other week, at first I really enjoyed it cause it gave me excitement. But after his most recent scheme of causing an apocalypse it scarred me. I wanted to stop him permanently by locking him away for good. But I just couldn’t do it and I let him go free, he hasn’t attacked in awhile but I fear that whatever he does next will be worst.” Sonic explained to Zipp who had been paying close attention to what he had been talking about.

“This is my problem with Pipp right now she takes her peaceful life for granted and doesn’t have a second thought about what could happen if something went horribly wrong, you understand where I’m coming from right? Sonic finished while asking Zipp.

“Yeah… I see what you mean. Is there anything else you would like to talk about?” Sonic looked at her with a small smile before answering her question.

“I’ll tell you some more later. Right now we have a heist to pull off!” Sonic exclaimed with his optimism returning, Zipp smiled at Sonic not being upset.

Sonic looked back at Zipp before saying one last thing for the moment. “Thank you Zipp.” He said with a smile.

“Zipp smiled back at him. “Your welcome, Sonic.” The two of them looked toward the platform and jogged to it rejoining with Sunny and Izzy. Before the platform got to its height Sonic has one last thought in his head. ‘I do hope Pipp soon changes how she acts with her life cause eventually she’ll learn, one or another.’ The thought repeated in his mind.

They eventually reached the top and made their exit to get ready to execute the plan.