• Published 16th Nov 2021
  • 3,166 Views, 95 Comments

Sonic Enters A New Generation - Idiotboy24



Sonic tries to go faster than he ever has but ends up accidentally traveling to a new world and he meets new friends and enemies along the way

  • ...
6
 95
 3,166

Final Battle & Broken Home

Location: Outside Maretime Bay

The group were making good progress on their way back to Maretime Bay, without noticing the Unicorns and Pegasi that were following closely behind. They noticed the Lighthouse in the distance before noticing fireworks, going off above Maretime Bay.

“What’s with the light show?!” Sonic asked out loud. The others watched in both amazement and worry, what could they be celebrating about. They all decided to walk to the lighthouse, mostly to catch their breath.

Sonic then looked ahead and noticed two figures running in their direction, he made out the looks and figured out that it was both Sunny and Hitch.

“Sunny!” Izzy yelled catching their attention, “What are you guys doing here?!” Sunny asked stopping in her tracks along with Hitch. The group stopped as well happy to see their two friends again.

“We don’t care what anypony says!” Izzy exclaimed.

“Yeah! We just wanna stay friends!” Zipp agreed with Pipp and Sonic nodding. “Pipp! Zipp!” They all turned to see the Haven, Alphabittle and the Unicorns and Pegasi running up to them.

“I know you're upset, darlings, my sweet little darlings, but it's time to go home now.” haven begged.

“Izzy Moonbow, you're gonna get us all jinxed! Come back to Bridlewood!” Alphabittle demanded.

“Excuse me! Do you see my mouth still moving? That means I'm still a-talking!” Haven retorted, Sonic facepalmed.

“Can you two just get a room, already.” Sunny then interrupted the conversation.

“You’re all in danger!” This caused confusion amongst everyone.

“I’m sorry, what?” Haven questioned, but then a horn blared making everyone look down the path, only to see a giant red machine moving towards them. It then stopped in front of all them sending dust everywhere.

A bunch of Earth Ponies marched next to the machine, only to gasp at seeing the Unicorns and Pegasi standing front of them. “Would you look at this? Our enemies delivered themselves to us!” Sprout announced.

“No, no, no, we're not here to fight, Mr. Big Robot Pony.” Queen Haven explained trying to calm the tension, but all words fell on deaf ears as Sprout ignored her.

“I do not accept your surrender! Load the Splat-a-pults!” He demanded, but the Earth Ponies ran away in fear. Sprout groaned to himself, “Why do I have to do everything myself?!” He began activating some sort of mechanism.

“We have to stop that thing!” Zipp declared.

“But how?” Izzy asked.

Sunny’s eyes widened, “With magic!” She then ran towards Alphabittle and Haven. “Quick! I need your crystals!” She asked, the two ponies gave her the said crystals before she turned to her friends.

“There’s a third crystal!” Sunny, Sonic, Izzy, Zipp and Pipp said in unison. “Jinx!” They all joked before running towards the Lighthouse.

Sprout saw this and began moving in on them. “Oh no you don’t!” He began moving towards the lighthouse, Sonic caught wind of this before looking at the others.

“You five, go and put the crystals together I’m gonna stop that thing!” Sonic ordered, the others nodded before running inside Sonic then turned around and faced towards the machine.

“Hey! Spaghetti and Meatball! Stop what you are doing, right now!” Sonic demanded, Sprout stopped his machine. “I will prevent magic from coming back, even if it means destroying the Lighthouse!” Sprout declared.

Sonic knew he wasn’t going to stop, he quickly got into a runner’s position before staring down Sprout with a glare. “You want to play!… then let’s play!” Sonic called to Sprout.

Sprout started laughing. “You think you can beat me! Hah! I’ll squash you first before I go for the lighthouse!” He started up the machine again, which led to Sonic moving his legs in place kicking up the dust below, with his feet becoming a figure eight shape, blue sparks started flying off Sonic’s shoes with them disappearing when they hit the ground.

Everyone was watching in surprise, wondering what was going to happen. Sonic and Sprout glared each other down, with Sonic ready to fight this tin can of a machine.

“Ready!” Sonic announced, which made Sprout charge forward. “GO!” Sonic charged forward and jumped into the air before Homing attacking the roof of the Machine, he then rebounded himself towards the ground before Spindashing. He then launched himself at the machine again and proceeded to hit it over, and over, and over, again and again. Repeating the process before returning to his original spot.

“Try all you want Sprout, it won’t work!” But Sprout was to stubborn. “And let them have magic never!” He then activated the Splat-a-pults but due to Sonic attacking the machine they were a lot more damaged and were on the verge of coming off, Sonics eyes widened along with everyone else’s.

“Sprout, turn off the machine the splat-a-pults are on the verge of flying off!” But it was too late, the screws holding the spinning wheels flew off and made contact with the Lighthouse, causing major damage.

Sonic gasped, and noticed the lighthouse was going to collapse any minute now due it starting to tilt, unfortunately Sprout was still too caught up in his plan. He began charging towards it only for a voice to appear.

“Sprout! Let’s put the toy away!” He turned to see his mom running next to the machine, “Mommy, please! I'm in the middle of something!” he growled.

“You come down from there right now!” she demanded.

“But, Mommy, I'm... in... chaaaaarge!” Sprout yelled, while putting his machine at max speed. Only for Phyllis to step in front of it. “I... said... STOP!” Sprout turned the machine away from his mom, but still crashed into the Lighthouse.

Sonic who watched the scene unfold, turned to see Hitch, Zipp and Pipp run out the front door to where he was, but Sunny and Izzy were still up there.

He looked up at the balcony before calling out to his two other Pony friends. “Sunny, Izzy quickly jump down!” They both appeared on the balcony, and looked scared of the height they were at.

“Okay, I’ll go first!” Izzy quickly jumped off the lighthouse. Sonic caught her and placed her down, Sunny was very hesitant and didn’t move for awhile.

“Sunny, I need you to jump. I promise I’ll catch you!” Sonic called to her. She hesitated for a second before complying, she jumped off the balcony and screamed in fear before Sonic jumped up and caught her.

After landing back on the ground the top of the lighthouse collapsed and smashed into the ground, causing dust to appear. After it cleared up they all saw the destruction of Sunny’s home.

Sonic placed her down carefully, while Sprout came out from the machine unscathed but walked towards the crowd quietly in fear. Sonic looked at Sunny with sad eyes. “What happened with the crystals?” Sonic asked, Sunny turned around to face him, “They didn’t work… but I understand now.” Sonic was confused but let her continue.

“It's not the crystals that need to be brought together. It's us. We can bring back everything that was lost, but it's up to us. We can stay separated by fear and distrust, or we can choose friendship. We can choose love. That's the true magic.” everyone watched in amazement, after hearing Sunny’s words. She stood in front of the now broken picture of herself and her dad. Hoping they would understand.

Haven walked up to her and proceeded to slowly push the left wood frame back into place, they looked at one another and smiled. Alphabittle then came up and did the same with the right frame, with Phyllis putting the top of the frame back into place.

They all looked at each other with smiles and gave Sunny and her friends smiles, which in turn made the group to look at each other with hope, shining brightly inside of them.

Light began shining out of the rubble along with movement, before long the crystals came out and began moving towards Sunny.

Author's Note:

(Hopefully it isn’t too rushed for you guys.)

This chapter is finished, now yes the battle was short but I tried thinking of a longer battle but this was the best I could think of.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it, the next chapter will be the final chapter for the main story, so keep an eye out.

Question of the Chapter: Which is your favourite crystal from the movie.