• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 3,706 Views, 39 Comments

So Twilight, why don't you have any guards? - Autistic Witch



Sunset asks Twilight why she doesn't have anypony guarding her castle.

  • ...
10
 39
 3,706

Wanna have tea?

Princess Sunset Shimmer and Princess Twilight Sparkle were enjoying tea together in Twilight’s old crystal castle. Trixie, Starlight, and Sunburst were out doing throuple stuff, and Spike was back in Canterlot doing Spike stuff. This left Twilight and Sunset alone, completely alone. There were no guards or servants anywhere in the castle. There were never any guards or servants in the castle as far as Sunset could remember. She had even asked Starlight, and she said Twilight had never had any guards.

“Hey, Twi.”, Sunset asked.

“What is it Sunset?”

“Why don’t you have any guards guarding the castle?”

“Canterlot Castle is guarded by the entire royal guard, Sunset.”

“No, I mean this castle. You’ve never had guards here. Even when this was your primary residence.”

“I never needed guards.”

“Twi, even Sparky and I have royal guards, and we live on the other side of the portal, where nobody but our family knows that we are royalty. Granted, our guard only consists of the other girls, but they still act as our elite guard. You live in this world, where everycreature and their dog knows who you are, and you had a fair bit of creatures that would’ve loved to be able to claim that they were the destroyers of the Twilight. I was one of them for a while. You lived here for almost a full year. Why didn’t you ever get any security?”

“The castle itself acts as its own security.”

“What?”

“Here, I’ll explain.” Twilight cleared her throat and began speaking in her college lecturer voice. “The castle is aware of itself and who’s in it. The castle has the ability to move rooms and hallways around as it sees fit. If you live here or are a welcomed guest, the castle can make it easier for you to find the room you’re looking for. If you are an unwelcome visitor or someone with ill intent, the castle can make you go in circles without ever realizing it. Combine that with all the hallways looking the same, you could be driven mad.”

“Then how did Starlight get to the throne room? How did she get past your castle security?”

“She used a spell to make herself invisible to the castle, but it took her, I think she said three, three times to figure out what was happening and another three hours to make it to the throne room once she used the spell.”

“Then, what about Chrysalis and her changelings?”

“Chrysalis’s changelings took us outside of the castle and read our minds. So, they knew the castle's defences and how to avoid them. They apparently used a similar spell to Starlight to make the castle think they were us.”

“That is - actually ingenious.”, Sunset said with a little sparkle in her eye.

“He he he, yeah, I know. I love this castle. Wanna hear the story of the first night Spike and I spent here. The castle was still learning who we were, and how to use its abilities.”, Twilight said with a cheesy yet somewhat traumatised smile.

“Oh, I always love a good story.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Flashback*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was tossing and turning in bed. She’d always had trouble sleeping in new places. Finally, Twilight conceded defeat, got out of bed, and went down to the kitchen to get herself a glass of warm milk, or at least that’s what she tried to do. Twilight went down the stairs she knew lead to the kitchen, but she somehow ended up in an empty room.

“That’s not right.”

Twilight retraced her steps back to her room, or at least she tried to. When she arrived at what should've been her room, Twilight found herself in the entryway.

“What is going on?”, Twilight said, panicked. Twilight ran up the stairs that led to the residential part of the castle and down the hallway that led to her room. Twilight burst through the door to her bedroom and found herself in the kitchen. Twilight took a moment to calm herself. She walked over to the fridge and got herself the glass of milk that was her original goal. After downing the warm milk, Twilight was left wondering what was going on.

“Okay, so I tried to get to the kitchen, and I ended up in an empty room. I tried to get to my room, and I ended up in the entryway. When I tried to get to my room again, I ended up in the kitchen. Let’s see, what kind of spells or spell casters could do this kind of magic. Chrysalis might have spells that could do this. Changeling hives are said to be winding and confusing as their primary defence. It would make sense for them to have spells to aid in that.” Twilight looked around and cast a spell designed to detect changelings. There was nothing. The only other magic Twilight could think of was Celestia’s special manipulation spells, but those were used as security measures in the castle. That’s when it hit Twilight. “This could be this castle’s security. Is that what this is? I’m not a threat, castle. Can you please let me go back to my room?” The castle didn’t give a response. Twilight got up and began walking the path to her room. Hopefully, this time, it will actually lead her to her room. Twilight made tentative steps to her room. One slow, careful step after another, Twilight made her way back up to her room. As Twilight approached her door, she gingerly raised a hoof up and opened it. As she opened the door, Twilight closed her eyes, not daring to open them in fear of having ended up in some other random room in the castle. As the door fully opened, Twilight slowly opened one eye and then the other. To her utter joy, she was in her room. Twilight ran up to and jumped onto her bed, hugging it as if it was a long lost lover.

“Twilight, what’s all that noise about?”, Spike asked grogally.

“It can wait until the morning, Spike.”