• Published 12th Sep 2023
  • 412 Views, 23 Comments

Where Only Silver Shines - Etyco Filly



Two young ponies attempt to unveil the mysteries of The Tower, a strange and cruel place that seems to defy many laws of nature.

  • ...
3
 23
 412

N4 — Moving Tides as She Wept

I was sitting at the edge of a cliff, a chill breeze caressing my fur. It reminded me of where Arawn and I usually sat. It had been a few days since we’d last seen each other. Maybe even a week.

Steps echoed behind me. Silver? Arawn? No, somepony else. I turned around. “Oh, it’s you, Princess Luna.”

She nodded, as solemn as always. It was why I liked her so much. She understood the value in sadness, knew it was okay to not always be fun and laughter. Tonight, though… “You look sad, Princess.” More than usual.

Luna smiled. A smile so sorrowful, sad, and wistful that it infected me as well. I sniffled, tears welling in my eyes.

We sat there in beautiful silence, watching the starry night sky. I did not understand what had left her in such a state, but I did not need to. I would listen in due time. For now, I merely cried alongside her.

No sound to ruin the moment. Only Luna’s tears as they fell to the ground. Hours went by like this. Stars wandered across the sky, as did the moon, but the Sun never came up.

All too soon, perhaps a day, maybe an aeon later, she turned to me, whispered, “I am sorry, my child.”

For another eternity, she wept for me, and I wept too.

Finally, she took a deep breath, and I understood. For a moment briefest, I understood everything. “Farewell, my little pony. May all your dreams be sweet, from now until eternity.”

With that, she was gone.

I was sitting at the edge of a cliff, a chill breeze caressing my fur. It reminded me of where Arawn and I usually sat. It had been a few days since we’d last seen each other. Maybe even a week. I missed her.