• Published 12th Sep 2023
  • 413 Views, 23 Comments

Where Only Silver Shines - Etyco Filly



Two young ponies attempt to unveil the mysteries of The Tower, a strange and cruel place that seems to defy many laws of nature.

  • ...
3
 23
 413

S10.2 — Silver Blood

S10.2 — Silver Blood

I stroked Arawn’s mane as she slept underneath my wing. The moment was so surreal that I kept needing to remind myself how I had gotten here.

To my utter surprise, I’d found her in my bed of all places. It had taken me a few moments and a whole train of thought to realise why she was here. She’d been worried about me, and somehow ended up passing out on my bed.

That had left me with very few options. Ultimately I had decided to wake her up and accompany her to the gates of the estate, all while trying to nudge the conversation towards the topic of freedom. Maybe she would be okay with leaving alongside me. Or maybe I’d gather the courage to leave her behind.

However, only the first part of my plan had succeeded. Arawn had nearly panicked when I’d woken her up. Had babbled on about ascending, about stopping the slaughter, about saving ponies. Must have dreamed about Shade.

After she’d finally calmed down, she’d reaffirmed that goal. Thus, my burning determination to leave The Tower, no matter the cost, had fizzled out, the joy that had overtaken me suddenly inconsequential.

I couldn’t leave my one friend behind, could I? That would be past selfish, and I could never forgive myself.

Instead, I had reaffirmed my vow to support her throughout it.

We’d hugged, and neither of us had let go for a long, long time. I had managed to stop thinking about Shade until then, but that moment of calm was all it took for my feelings to catch up with me.

I’d cried into Arawn’s shoulder, and she into mine. Nothing new. Eventually, she had fallen back asleep. In my bed.

I should wake her up, find another bed for her.

Or I could do that tomorrow. Tomorrow sounded nice.

I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Or so I would have wanted. My neck was beginning to hurt. Arawn had laid hers across my withers, while I’d twisted mine to lie on her forelegs.

I began to extract myself from the embrace. Arawn groaned, and I whispered, “Sorry.”

If she woke up now, it would probably be for the better. She’d leave my room, and we’d meet up tomorrow morning. It really wouldn’t be good if we were caught sharing a bed, after all.

As I nearly managed to pull myself out from under her, Arawn wrapped a leg around my barrel and dragged herself on top of me, her muzzle resting near the base of my neck, breath hot on my hide.

Muttering a swear, I tried to move the other way. Arawn, however, held me tight. I turned my head to say something, but her smell nearly overpowered my desire to leave. Her usual and various soaps had been overshadowed by her own, slightly sweaty, scent. It was intoxicating.

Focus, Silver. “Arawn, come on. You need to go,” I managed to whisper. However, she didn’t react to my pleas. Probably still asleep, huh?

At least I was comfortable now. Mostly. One of her elbows poked my ribs, her fangs scraped my neck, her hot breath made my head spin, and her weight compressed my stomach, making breathing slightly harder. Still, this was better than before.

Might as well stay like that. Nopony would know, anyway.

Arawn licked my neck. My eyes shot open, and I gasped. Then, she sank her fangs into me. The pain lasted a fraction of a second. Had I imagined it? No, her mouth was pressed against my fur, and her throat brushed against me with every gulp.

I closed my eyes as I let go of my breath. Thoughts screamed in my mind, but they were distant, incomprehensible, irrelevant. My skin tingled. She smelled as wonderful as ever. Only her sips broke the utter silence in the room.

All too soon, it was over. She licked my neck a few times before letting her head fall on my withers. A distant part of me expected the wound to bleed, but the characteristic heat never flowed.

Author's Note:

If anyone is surprised by the vampire reveal, I'll buy a hat just to eat it