• Published 2nd Nov 2021
  • 781 Views, 21 Comments

Blood of the Phoenix - Violet_09



A strange set of armour has been found in the land of Equestria; and with it comes a prophecy. A prophecy has been told in secret, a prophecy that is set in stone and is already in motion. A Phoenix rises.

  • ...
4
 21
 781

Chapter one - Chrysalis

A week earlier

It’s early morning in Ponyville, the sun is rising the birds are singing and flowers are beginning to bloom. The townsfolk are up bright and early to get to work or get to school. Twilight Sparkle, student of Princess Celestia and the element of harmony is in the bathroom in her pyjamas, brushing her teeth and looking in a mirror.

She’s always hated looking in mirrors, she feels uncomfortable and anxious looking at herself. Her face, her body, everything about her feels wrong to her, It’s as if she feels no association with her reflection. Twilight looks away slightly away from the mirror but still able to see herself in the mirror from the corner of her eye. Twilight could get rid of the mirror if she wanted to and she could, but she won’t, she doesn’t really own the building it’s owned by the town council. So if she gets rid of the mirror or damage any property in golden oaks library she might get fined for a lot of money. She could fog the mirror so she won’t see herself however that only works when she’s finished with the shower and she doesn’t know spell that could fog mirrors because non exist.

Twilight finishes brushing her teeth and leaves the bathroom, you’d think the anxiety would be over after that right? anxiety doesn’t just go away it stays with you. It’s not just mirrors that twilight’s uncomfortable around, it’s also her body that makes her feel self conscious. she believe she knows why she feels this way, but isn’t very sure if that’s the reason. There’s a lot of self doubt is in her head that can’t be shifted. And she’s had these feelings since she was fourteen and they have been only getting worse over time.

A familiar voice calls from the kitchen. “Twilight, breakfast is ready!” Spike the dragon shouted Twilight down for the first meal of the day. Twilight got down the stairs and sat down at the table, her breakfast smelt pancakes with eggs and bacon, one of Spikes specialties. When Spike gave twilight her breakfast he noticed how tired and unhappy she is, her hair is a mess her eyes look baggy. “You alright? You don’t look so good.” Said Spike.

“I’m fine spike, just had a bad night is all.” She lied as she began to eat her breakfast

Concerned for his friend Spike says. “Twi you’ve been having a bad night for two weeks now, so please tell me what’s wrong.”

Twilight stops eating, she then sighs calmly and attempts to explain what she’s feeling right now. “Spike I just... I haven’t been having bad nights alright, I’ve been feeling like I’m - uhhh.” She stops speaking to revaluate her sentence, it’s hard to describe what she’s been experiencing recently, especially to a twelve year old dragon like spike. She then continues. “It feels like I’m somehow trapped in a different body, yet the body I’m trapped in is my own. If that makes any sense.”

Spike is confused, he doesn’t understand what Twilight’s going through. He then says to Twilight. “Twi I have no idea what you’re saying, but it sounds like you need professional help. You may want to see a therapist.” Spike then makes another suggestion. “Or you could tell Celestia, she might help your problem.”

Twilight smiles knowing that Spike is trying to help. “I appreciate the thought Spike, but I want to keep this between you and me for now.”

“But why?” Spike questions. “There are ponies out there that can help you. You can’t keep this all bottled up, who knows what mental illness this could cause.”

“I know. I know I need help” Twilight agrees with Spike. Her smile fades away into an unhappy frown, then she continues speaking. “However, if word gets out, if my friends find out, if Celestia finds out, if my mother finds out I... I don’t know if I’ll be accepted as a pony anymore.”

With worry, Spike tries to comfort Twilight by gently placing his clawed hand on Twilights hand. “What makes you think that?” He asks. “You have friends that really care for you; and they would never abandon you. Celestia would want to help you with your troubles. And you parents-” Spike stops himself from finishing that last sentence. “My point is, you don’t need to keep this a secret, there are ponies that really care for you. So please tell someone about this okay.”

Twilights smile came back albeit a little more happier this time. “Okay Spike, I’ll talk to someone, but only when I feel comfortable doing so.”

“Well I’m glad your willing to get help. Now finish your breakfast, Rarity will be coming down any minute now.”

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. Your crush is coming around.” She jokingly said with a smug grin on her face.

For a cold blooded dragon Spikes face turned red very quickly with embarrassment. “S-shut up Twi.” He stuttered a little. “And after I gave you a heart warming speech as well.” Spike pretends to be upset for fun.

“C’mon Spike, I was just messing with you.” She says. “We both know you like Applejack more.” Twilights banters. They both laugh for a bit before they finish their breakfast. Later, Twilight got dressed into her normal outfit she’s currently wearing a pair of trousers and a baggy grey hoodie, nothing too special. She read a book to kill some time before Rarity arrives at Golden Oaks.

About half an hour later there’s a knocking on the door, Twilight puts down her book and opens the door. On the other side is a very beautiful and fashionable unicorn named Rarity. She’s wearing a purple skirt and a cream coloured long sleeved turtle neck sweater, her hair is violet like lavender and it’s the same for her eyes. She seems to be carrying a protective gown bag, it’s most likely has her latest fashion piece. “Good morning Twilight!” Rarity greets with glee.

“Morning Rarity, please come in.” Rarity enters Twilights house.

Spike’s cheeks turn bright red at the sight of Rarity. “H-Hey R-Rarity.” Spike stammers. He then asked rarity. “D-Do you want anything? Glass of water?”

“Why thank you darling, however I’m not going to be here for long.” Rarity told Spike. “Why don’t you go outside and take the day off.” She suggests. Spike looks at Twilight with a childlike expression, Twilight nods her head and lets Spike enjoy his day off. “My, is it just me or is Spike looking a bit ill? His cheeks were red, that’s not natural for a cold blooded creature.”

“No Spikes fine, he’s just a little shy.” Twilight says.

“Shy? Whatever for?” Rarity asks obliviously. “Well never mind that, I’ve brought you the dress I’ve been making for you.” She unzips the bag to reveal a purple dress, it has a pink bow on the skirt and it has a purple star on the chest area. “I thought this would make a wonderful outfit for when we go to your brothers wedding. What do you think?”

Twilight not wanting to hurt her friends feelings responds with this. “It’s nice Rarity really, but could you make me a suit instead? Like a tuxedo, with a tie and everything.”

An awkward silence fills the room for a second. Then Rarity chuckles like she was joking before saying. “Twilight darling. I expected this kind of comment from Rainbow Dash not you of all ponies.”

“Rarity I’m serious.”

“But why, you’ve never had a problem wearing my dresses before.”

Twilight sighs quietly. “I know but I just wanted to wear something different. I can’t wear a dress to every party or special event can’t I?”

Rarity thought about it for a moment and said. “No I suppose you’re right. However I won’t be able to make you a tux before the wedding so this dress will have to do for now.” This make twilight feel a bit disappointed. “But I can make you a tux for the next grand galloping gala, though that is about a year away.”

“But can’t you start working on it now?”

“Sorry Twilight, I have other commissions to work on, so unfortunately I’ll have to book you for next year at the latest.” Rarity explained. “Why do you want to wear a tux anyway? There has to be more to it than wanting to wear something different.” She asked.

Twilight tries to explain to Rarity without telling her the full truth but she starts stumbling over her words. “W-Well, I-I just w-wanted to look more masculine, i-i-in a fashionable way you know.”

Rarity lifts an eyebrow. “Twilight darling, what are you trying to say?” She asks without being judgmental.

“I don’t know, it’s hard to put it into words. Without being frowned upon.” Says Twilight.

Rarity begins to feel concerned for her friend. “What do you mean frowned upon?” she asks politely “Twilight what ever it is you want to tell me just say it, I promise I won’t look down on you.”

Twilight was about to tell Rarity the truth, however her brain just kept asking her ‘What if she’s lying?’ Or ‘What if she’ll tell everyone your secret?’ So Twilight did the only logical thing she could think of and that’s to get Rarity out of the library. “Well it was nice chatting with you Rarity but I have a busy schedule today.” She says to Rarity. She then too Rarity the door and opened the door for her. And before Rarity could say anything, Twilight says to her. “It’s a nice dress and I’ll wear it to the wedding, thank you and bye.” She smiles as she closes the door on Rarity. Twilight slaps her own face and says to herself. “Damn it Twilight, why can’t you just be normal?”

She then looks at the dress left on her table with slight uneasiness, she sighs and says to herself. “It’s only for one day, what can go wrong.”


The wedding day

Everything went wrong. The wedding got invaded by an entire changeling army lead by their queen, they are a new species in Equestria that was discovered two thousand years ago, they were made to infiltrate and kill everything, like a virus. They believe themselves to be rebels fighting against tyranny in the name of their gods. Each changeling has different characteristics: some have three arms and look entirely alien, whilst others can almost pass as a regular pony if they can use spells to change them into a different creature. But no matter the size or intellect of a changeling they all have one thing in common, they hate ponies; and no one knows why.

There are multiple theories as to why, some say that the changelings are ponies that are corrupted by an unknown entity from the stars. Others think that they were created by demonic forces when Discord ruled the land. But regardless everyone agrees that the changelings are dangerous and unrelenting creatures, especially their queen. She is a force to be reckoned, she is a beast made of pure muscle, she has more insect like qualities than the rest of her kind because she’s the oldest changeling in existence. Not much known about her, ancient lore does state that she was defeated by Celestia and Luna at full strength, However it is also noted that she has natural chitin armour around her body that makes even the strongest equestrian weapon shatter. Meaning she is almost indestructible. She wears a tattered cloak that covers the right side of her body, a green chestplate covers her torso that’s made from a bone like material, she also wears an armoured skirt that’s plated and it’s of the same colour and material.

The wedding room has been decimated by her. She has defeated Celestia and Cadence with ease, she has defeated Twilight and her friends, she has defeated all that oppose her. She breaths in the air with satisfaction; and she smiles with an evil grin. “Equestria is mine.” She says to herself. She then looks out of the window to see her kind swarming like a plague of locusts in the air as they attack the city. They’re slaughtering innocent ponies in the streets, Stallions, mares and children. And she is proud. “The gods shall smile upon me on this day, soon they shall come to our world and bring retribution.” Chrysalis smiles with delusion. “You’ve gotten old and weak Celestia, you can’t beat me anymore.” Chrysalis insults Celestia. “Your kind will finally see the true gods in the stars.” She holds Celestia by her hair. “But first things first I must kill a false god.”

Celestia was about to have her head pulled out when all of a sudden a small purple ball of energy hits Chrysalis, it wasn’t powerful blast but it did sting a little. Chrysalis turns to see who hit her and it was a beaten Twilight Sparkle. She looks exhausted, bruised and a little bloody, as if she was fighting all day. “I... I won’t let you lay a finger on her.” She defies the changeling queen. “Take me instead.” Twilight challenges the queen despite how tired she is.

“No Twilight, just run! She’s too powerful!” Celestia warns Twilight before being tossed aside. Twilights friends try to pull her away from Chrysalis but she was too stubborn to budge.

The changeling queen towers over Twilight Sparkle. “You dare defy me little pony?” Chrysalis growls at Twilight. “Do you even know who you’re up against, or what I’m capable off?”

Admittedly Twilight did feel fear at that moment but she tried keep her fear hidden, however Chrysalis can smell Twilights fear. “I do; and I don’t care. I will stop you.” Twilight told Chrysalis. “No, we will stop you.” Twilight corrected herself as she pointed out her friends.

“With the power of friendship?” Chrysalis scoffs before grabbing Twilight by her horn. “If it were so easy.” Chrysalis grips Twilights horn tighter and tighter. Twilight tries to break free from Chrysalis’ grasp but her efforts would be futile, she could feel her horn cracking.

Celestia sees the cruelty that’s happening in front of her, it causes Celestia to tear up a little before shouting. “Chrysalis stop!” Chrysalis stops for a moment to listen to what Celestia has to say. “It’s me you want not her, do what ever you want with me but don’t break Twilights horn!”

Chrysalis scoffs at Celestia. “Oh Tia, you of all ponies should know how cruel I am.” She continues the process of breaking Twilights horn. As the cracks get bigger blood starts to drip down her face, it starts to feel like her brain is being ripped apart from the inside. Applejack and Rainbow Dash try to stop Chrysalis by fighting her but no amount of punching or kicking can even dent her chitin body, so in response Chrysalis just continues breaking the horn with a cold heart. And then a surge of magic bursts out as the horn separates from Twilights head. And as Twilight fell back on the ground everything fades to black.

Next time when Twilight opens her eyes again she was in a different room surrounded by her friends, they were still in Canterlot castle judging by the structure of the room. “Girls she’s coming round!” Pinkie Pie pointed out. Twilight placed her hand on her head and feels an improvised bandage around her forehead covering her broken horn, she has a horrible headache that just makes her injury feel worse. She tries to get back on her feet but Pinkie Pie says to her. “Twi relax, you’ve got an injury.”

“I’m fine Pinkie.” Twilight speaks.

“No you’re not, you almost died!” Applejack scolds Twilight. “Do you have any idea how stupid going against Chrysalis was?”

“She was about to kill Celestia Applejack!” Twilight argues back. “What was I supposed to do? Just stand and watch her kill the Princess of Equestria, my mentor?!”

“There were other ways of going about it Twilight! Ways that wouldn’t get you injured!” Applejack yelled. She then calmed herself down and said. “All I’m saying is you didn’t have to do it alone.”

Twilight sighed, she got herself back on her feet only feeling slightly dizzy when doing so. “I’m sorry, I-I just couldn’t let her kill Celestia, I was just-”

“We understand darling, we all would’ve done it, you however had enough courage to actually stand up to Chrysalis.” Rarity said to Twilight. “Next time if you’re gonna do something crazy like that again, make sure you actually have plan.”

“Alright girls, next time I do something crazy, I’ll let you help me out.” Twilight agreed. “But right now, we have to save Celestia, queen Chrysalis is still going to execute her. She might be doing it right now.”

“She’s not, she’s trying to find us.” Rainbow Dash told her. “After you blacked Chrysalis was about to make sure you never wake up, so we grabbed you and took you to a room where she’d never find us.”

“So she’s hunting me down like a rabid dog? you realise how much worse that sounds?” Asked Twilight. Rainbow was hit with the realisation that Chrysalis might find them soon. “We need a weapon that could kill her, otherwise we’re all good as dead.” Said Twilight.

“Good look with that, she’s entirely indestructible remember? Celestia couldn’t even scratch her!” Rarity mentioned. “And besides we don’t actually need to kill her, we just need to defeat her with the power of friendship.”

“Lets just look around.” Twilight said whilst realising that the elements of harmony won’t work without her and the element of magic. Everybody reluctantly agreed and started scrounging around the room of ancient weapons and artefacts. Swords, hammers, ancient spells and ancient lore; none of what they find can be used to harm the Changeling queen.

And after searching for what seemed like forever, a voice whispered in Twilights ear. “The armour, wear the armour.

“Fluttershy did you say something?” Twilight asked with confusion. However Twilight notices that Fluttershy is on the other side of the room looking at ancient weapons.

She hears the whisper in her ear again but this time it’s a little more commanding. “The armour! Wear the armour!” Twilight turned again to find no one there, it’s as if a ghost is trying to tell her something. “The armour!” The voice repeated again. The only thing that Twilight can see that in the room that’s armour is the blue and red one in the middle of the room. To Twilight it looks strange, almost other worldly, she has never seen anything like it. No book that has recorded Equestrias history has never described armour like that. But the voices are telling her to use the armour, maybe it might defeat Chrysalis.

“Hey girls!” Twilight called her friends attention. “How about we use that!” She pointed out the strange armour.

Applejack immediately recognised it. “Hey I know that, Applebloom and her friends dug it out a few days ago.” She came over to get a closer look at it. “Apparently there was a dead body in it, but all we found in it was ash and dust. Then again she also said a creepy clown was there too, we found no evidence of a clown being there either.”

“What creepy clown would want this old hunk of junk?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“I asked the same thing, but she didn’t have an answer.” Applejack replied. She started fiddling with the weapons on the gauntlets with curious intent and asked. “What’s so special about this armour anyway?” As she fiddled with the gauntlet a little more a loud pew sound came from it. Applejack accidently fired the weapon, she looked at what she fired at and it was a vase right next to the entrance. At first it looked like it was completely unharmed, however both sides of the vase fell and shattered on the floor. The vase was sliced cleanly in half. “So who’s gonna wear it?” Applejack asked with a surprised expression.

“I will.” Twilight volunteers

“Don’t be ridiculous Twi, you’re injured. There’s no way you have the strength to move in that armour, in fact I doubt you’ll be able to take on Chrysalis even in that thing. ” Applejack said to Twilight.

“I know, but that’s that’s the risk I’m gonna have to take.” Said Twilight. “So come help me get this thing on.”

Applejack groaned in disbelieve. “You’re pushing yourself Twi, but don’t blame me if you wind up having to go to the hospital.” She reluctantly agrees and helps Twilight get in the armour.

As Twilight Sparkle puts on the armour she notices that it surprisingly fits her almost perfectly, however it’s just a little bit tight around her chest. She moves her arms a bit to test the fit and the first thing she notices is how light the armour is, her arms move as normal with no added weight. The last thing she needs to put on is the Helmet. “Twilight wait, you don’t need to wear the armour.” Rainbow said to Twilight. “We can just defeat them like we normally do. With the power of friendship! Like Rarity said.”

“Yeah, you don’t need dusty armour to stop those meanies.” Pinkie chimed in.

Twilight sighs, she looks like she’s about to cry. She then looks towards her friends and speaks. “But that’s the thing though, we can’t. We’re the elements of harmony: Applejack is honesty, Rainbow is loyalty, Rarity you’re generosity, Fluttershy you’re kindness and Pinkie you’re laughter. And I’m supposed to be the element of magic. How can I be that without magic?” Feeling useless and helpless, Twilight starts to cry. With symphony and compassion all her friends hug Twilight because they really care for her.

“Aww, how sweet.” Chrysalis’ says sarcastically. “This reminds me of better days, days I use to cherish before I was betrayed by those I trusted.” Her poisonous words hurt what little heart that’s left of the queen as if she was spiteful towards her younger self. “But now I know better, the gods of the void smile upon me today. We shall prepare for their arrival once the throne of Canterlot is mine. But you lot could not help but be a nuisance, a thorn in my side. No matter I shall kill you all myself.” Chrysalis unsheathes her blade, her sword is slightly curved, it’s a little wider than her arm and it looks like it’s made from bone. She holds the sword with two arms that were hidden under her cloak, she has three arms! Two on the right and one on the left. It makes her look more like a dangerous predator that’s about to strike down her prey. “Are you prepared to die?” she asks enthusiastically. “Well, are you?!”

“Girls get behind me.” Twilight speaks up. Her friends look at her as if she was crazy, the five friends ignore Twilights order and make a stand against the tyrannical queen of the Changelings. “Girls I said get behind me!” Twilight repeats her command and puts on the helmet.

“With all due respect Twilight, we’re not letting you do this alone.” Applejack says to Twilight. “We’re not afraid of you Chrysalis!” Applejack says with stubbornness.

“You’re just a big meanie.” Fluttershy shouts, but her timid nature made her shout sound very quiet.

“Yeah what Fluttershy said!” Pinkie says to the queen of changelings.

“I may be a lady, but I’m not afraid of a little roughhousing.” Rarity said. “I just so happen to be a blackbelt in taekwondo.” She strikes a martial arts pose and is ready for the fight of her life.

“We’re not going down without a fight!” Rainbow Dash cracks he knuckles to make herself look tough.

Chrysalis laughs, her face is a mix of contempt and glee, and eyes of one who finds joy in others misery. “Did I not mention that you’re not just facing me? But my entire army as well!” An army of changelings form behind Chrysalis with eyes of anticipation, they’re just waiting for the bloodbath to begin

“That coward, she can’t even fight us on her own.” Rainbow dash says to herself. “So what’s the plan Twilight?” She asks Twilight, there’s no answer. “Twilight?” She tries again, no response.

Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity check if Twilight is alright. However, all they see is her shaking like a pony on a cold winters night. “I can’t move.” Twilight struggled to even speak. “I can’t move my body.” Twilight feels her body being taken over by an unknown entity, she feels her very soul being replaced by another. She tries to take of the helmet but her own body won’t let her, she screams as loud as possible like she’s in pain and is begging for help. Then the screaming suddenly stops abruptly, a deathly aura fills the room, her mind and body are no longer hers. But she is still there somewhere.

The possessed Twilight Sparkle checks their surroundings, they seemed confused when they saw around four different species in the same room as them. However they’re able to tell friend from foe for it’s painfully obvious, because they find themselves surrounded by colourful creature fearing for their lives, whilst a threat armed to the teeth is prepared to strike at any given moment.

“Twilight are you okay?” Rainbow asks with massive concern. Twilights body doesn’t speak, they just ignored Rainbow Dash and started to walk towards the changelings. “Twilight? What are you doing?” Rainbow Dash tried to stop Twilight by pulling her away from the changelings but Twilight shoved her without a care.

“Ha you want to face us alone?!” Chrysalis chuckled and the rest of her army laughed along with her. “Do you have a death wish Twilight Sparkle?!”

Twilights body stops walking and asks a very simple question. “Where am I?” Their voice is completely different, it’s a male voice that’s distorted and echoey, almost alien. Chrysalis is bewildered, she knows that this is Twilight Sparkle but they’re not acting like themselves. “I’ll ask again. Where am I?” The creature repeats itself.

“Twilight Sparkle, has your head injury given you amnesia?” Chrysalis attempts to insult the being once known as Twilight Sparkle. “You’re in Canterlot. The capital of Equestria.”

“Equestria?” The creature questioned. The creature pondered for a moment before coming to the conclusion. “Ah, you mean Equis. I remember now, I died on this planet years ago; and now I’m back in the galaxy of endless war.”

“Stop you insulant rambling pony, you’re in the presence of queen Chrysalis!” A changeling brought the Creatures attention back.

“I’m sorry but does this pathetic worm speak for you?” Twilight questions Chrysalis whilst insulting the changeling the spoke for his queen. “If so you’ve lost the little respect I had for you, if I had any that is.”

“Twilight you’re gonna get yourself killed if you keep talking back to her like that.” Fluttershy warned Twilight timidly.

“Foolish creature, I’m not the one named Twilight, I am Asurmen, The Phoenix king.”

“What? You’re not Twilight Sparkle?” Chrysalis questioned with pure confusion.

“No!” Asurmen yells. “I am your doom.”

At this point Chrysalis is tired of Asurmen, she’s at the point where she just wants to strike him down right there and then. However, there’s just something about him that makes Chrysalis feel something she hasn’t felt in a long time. Fear. It’s hard to explain but Chrysalis can sense that Asurman reeks of death; and opposing him is like a death sentence. “You dare threaten me!”

“Yes. ” Asurmen says “However, You can leave now, and I won’t stop you. I won’t pursue and you’ll never hear from me ever again. But if you truly want this fight, I shall show no mercy and you won’t live to see the end of the day.” Asurmen warns Chrysalis. He does hope that she picks the second option, he needs a warm up after being asleep for ten thousand years.

“I’m no coward! I won’t walk away from a fight!”

“There’s dishonour in walking away from this fight.”

“It doesn’t matter, I will beat you and take over this world in the name of the gods in the void.”

“The gods care not for you. And besides, you already lost as soon as I woke up.” Chrysalis feels insulted; and with blind rage she charges towards Asurmen with speed like hurricane, she was prepared to slay Asurmen with her bone sword but unfortunately she underestimated him.

Asurmen doesn’t flinch or dodge Chrysalis’ attack, but instead he just punches her in the face so hard it breaks the sound barrier. In doing so he sends Chrysalis flying through the walls of Canterlot castle and out of the building. Twilights friends are in a state of shock as if their entire view of their friend has shifted into a sense of fear. It also became painfully obvious to them that this is not Twilight Sparkle. Not anymore.

The changelings however are even more afraid of Asurmen, he just defeated chrysalis, the most powerful changeling alive with a single hit. Asurmen loads his master crafted Shuriken Catapults that are integrated on his vambraces and unsheathes his blade. The changelings prepare for the fight of their lives but they’re hesitant to strike first after what they saw happen to their queen. The changeling horde swarm Asurmen like moths to a flame.

Asurmen is not impressed, but he condones the changelings for their bravery, he runs toward the tide of changelings and fires his Shuriken Catapults. The changelings caught in the firing line have their body parts sliced off by the Catapults such as: arms, legs, the tops of their heads and even their torsos got cut in half; exposing their intestines.

The changelings ignore their dead brethren and trample over their bodies when trying to out number Asurmen, one of them transformed into hulking beast with massive wings, stinger and claws. They’ve become more avian but keeping their bug like appearance. The changeling tries to overpower him with its brute strength, it even knocks Asurmen down for a moment.

However, Asurmen dodges the transformed bugs attacks. He hops on its back and stabs it through the head, while the creature is still alive he drives it into the rest changeling army, squashing any changeling that was in his path. He then continues the slice, dice and shoot his way through the changeling horde like they were made of butter. As The Phoenix Lord fought the changelings, he ultimately begins to change the course of this war. It got to the point where the entire changeling hive saw him as the main threat they had to take down, the changelings outside the castle stopped what they were doing and joined the rest of their brothers and sisters to kill The Phoenix lord.

With the changelings distracted; Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash snuck out of the treasure room with Applejack leading them out. “We’re just going to ignore what just happened?” Rainbow asked Applejack.

“Not now Rainbow, we have bigger things to worry about.” Applejack said as she sneaks around the corner, the others do the same.

“Applejack, Twilight just punched Chrysalis to next year and is currently fighting an entire army by herself. I think that is something we should worry about.” Rainbow argues. “I mean it was awesome but she was screaming at the top of her lungs Applejack, her voice changed into someone else's how are you so calm about this.”

“I’m not calm about this Rainbow.” Applejack says whilst she sneaks around another corner in the hallway. “In fact I’m worried sick. But right now we need to save Celestia, we’ll continue this discussion later.” She gestures the others to follow.

“Applejack this is a topic that can’t be ignored.” Rarity interjects. “But as soon as all of this is dealt with we definitely need to talk about this.”

Applejack groans. “That is exactly what I’ve been saying Rarity, don’t you listen?”

“I know you were but I’m just implying is that you want to sweep this under the rug instead of confronting it.” Rarity says. “Just promise me we’ll talk to Twilight later okay.”

“If it’s even possible.” Applejack mentions. As the group sneaks through the halls, they hear sounds of a battle close by. The sounds can be compared to a frightening thunderstorm but with no lightning. Then out of no where a dragon crashes through the walls with it’s lower body missing, the girls scream with shock before the dragon turns back into a dead changeling. Fluttershy cries with fear because she’s scared with all that’s going on at the moment, it’s enough to scar anybody for life. Pinkie hugs Fluttershy to try and comfort her and keep her quiet.

This place is clearly getting too dangerous so Applejack gestures to the others to pick up haste. Everyone moves as quickly as they possibly can whilst they’re still sneaking, they’re closing in on the entrance to the wedding room where all the guests that were attending the ceremony are being held. They were about to turn around the corner before Applejack says. “Hold it.” She then pokes her head around the corner ever so slightly and notices two heavily armoured changeling guards with spears and shields. “There’s some guards up a head.” Applejack warns the others.

“Well what‘re we gonna do?” Asked Rainbow Dash.

Applejack pondered for a moment, she then commands Pinkie Pie. “Pinkie, go distract the guards.” Pinkie shakes her head as she hugs Fluttershy. Applejack doesn’t know how to respond, she just sees Pinkie Pie holding a stressed out Fluttershy tight. “Oh um, Rarity go distract the guards.” She repeats to Rarity.

“Darling I have a better plan,” Rarity says. “wait here.” She brushes the dirt off her clothes and walks to guards. As Applejack, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Pinkie wait, a struggle can be heard where the guards were stationed. Some of the noises were grunts, punches and kicks. “Girls you can come out now” Rarity called. Applejack and the others came over and they saw two changelings laying motionless on the floor, however if you look closely you can see that the guards are still breathing. and Rarity looks like she enjoyed beating them up. “Told you I know Taekwondo.” She says. Honestly it was the least shocking thing that has happened today but it was surprising none the less.

Everyone entered the room, the venue had no changelings in sight. The only things that are in the room are green slime and ponies trapped in green gooey pods. The few ponies in the pods that are recognisable are Princess Cadence, Shining Armour and Celestia. And without hesitation Applejack, Rainbow and Rarity rip the pods open and getting goo everywhere whilst Pinkie sits Fluttershy down and is trying to calm her down and get her out of her state of shock.

Celestia wakes up and coughs out what can be only described as something similar to bile. Rainbow Dash and Applejack assist Celestia to get her back on her feet. “Let us help you your highness.” Applejack says.

“I’ll be fine Applejack.” Celestia reassures the apple farmer. She then looks around the room and sees ruin, this was meant to be the perfect day for her niece and it’s been nothing but destruction. She looks toward her niece and her fiancé coughing out the same bile liquid, she then notices that all of Twilights friends are here except for one. “Where’s Twilight Sparkle?” She asks. “Where is my Student?”

“Uh about that.” Rainbow begins her explanation. “You see-” Suddenly without any warning a changeling disguised as a bugbear is thrown into the room and Asurmen launches himself at the creature and, he swiftly grabs its ugly face and scrapes it on the floor. The bugbear’s brains and blood are spread on the floor and it changes back into a changeling. “She’s uhh, not herself at the moment.” Rainbow Dash chuckles nervously.

Asurmen stares at Celestia for a moment, studying her because of how she stands out from the rest of her species. He gets of the floor and asks her. “Are you the leader of this world?”

“I am Princess Celestia, I am the ruler of Equestria.” Celestia responds to Asurmens question. “Who are you and what have you done with Twilight Sparkle?” She questions Asurmen.

“I know not of Twilight Sparkle.” He says. “But even if I knew them I wouldn’t harm them, if that is what you’re insinuating.”

Most of Twilights friends are either irritated or Annoyed with the Phoenix lord for forgetting about Twilight Sparkle. Rarity shouts at Asurmen with pent up rage. “Liar, you’ve taken over her body like a parasite!”

“Oh her. She’s still here, her soul is trapped in a corner while I’ve taken over.”

“Like a parasite” Rarity Repeats.

“She put on the armour willingly. Even though a lesser creature like her shouldn’t have, in fact I’d say it’s impossible that any creature but an Aeldari can wear this armour.” Asurmen tells everyone. With this revelation in mind Asurmen realises that someone or something has tampered with his gear. Everyone else however is stunned because they may or may not have lost their friend. Then loud footsteps can be heard coming this way, Asurmen gets into a battle stance and prepares for battle. “Enough of this talk about this Twilight, more of these creatures are coming this way, I suggest you get out of here before things get messy.” He warns everyone.

The creature that emerges from the entrance was surprisingly Queen Chrysalis. She’s still holding her two handed bone sword but she’s also caressing the large bruise on her cheek with her third arm. As she enters the room everyone notices that she has a wide smile on her face, she cackles like a maniac and says. “That sheer power from that hit, I’ve not felt a punch like that since princess Luna battled me two thousand years ago. She and her sister were the only ones who could ever defeat me, until you came around.” She gets into her battle stance and prepares for the fight of her life. “It’s nice to shake things up a little.” She growls like an animal. “Show me what you got warrior!” And with the fury of a thousand soldiers both combatants clashed; and they begin to duel.

No longer underestimating the warrior, Chrysalis was the first to strike. She jabbed at Asurmens stomach with her one left arm multiple times with speed and precision before she knocks him on the ground. She then tried to cleave Asurmen but he rolled out of the way, he went to strike Chrysalis through the heart but she quickly threw him out of the window before he could even touch her. Chrysalis scoffed at her opponent and then looks at Celestia and asks. “Is this supposed to be your champion? He barely put up a fight.”

Chrysalis walked towards the broken window to see the corpse of Asurmen on Canterlots grounds. She leaned her head through the broken window and suddenly, the hand of Asurmen grabs the neck of Chrysalis. He used his sword to pierce the walls of the castle when he got thrown out the window so he wouldn’t fall to his death. He then pulled his sword out of the building and both warriors begin to fall.

As they were falling Asurmen punched Chrysalis five times as hard as he could, then Chrysalis grabbed Asurmens arm, headbutted him and threw him to the the streets of Canterlot. Asurmen crashed through twelve buildings all together, some of them probably had ponies in them who were trying to avoid the changelings. However Asurmen does not lick his wounds, he just gets up, grabs his weapon and gets back into the fight.

“You know I’m a bit disappointed, I thought you were a worthy opponent.” Chrysalis insults the Phoenix lord as she hovers in the air.

“I could kill you easily, you’re nothing but a bug that needs exterminating.” Asurmen insults the queen back. “You are just a petty creature that wants to prove to the world that you’re worth something but in reality you’re not.” queen Chrysalis is looking extremely infuriated right now. She’s like a ticking time bomb ready to go off at any moment. “You just couldn’t walk away, not even after I decimated your entire army, it’s like you never really cared for your kind.”

Chrysalis roared with anger and flew towards Asurmen with speed and ferocity, she wanted Asurmens head on her mantle so she aimed to chop his neck clean off. However Asurmen fires his right handed Shuriken catapult and the shot slices Chrysalis’s arm on the left side of her body. And when she got close enough to Asurmen he punched her in the stomach and fired again, the shot doesn’t kill her nor does it remove her lower body. He then throws Chrysalis into the air like a stone, he jumps a thousand metres in the air and stabs her in the chest. Chrysalis screams in agony as she desperately tries to fight back with no luck, then Asurmen throws her back to the ground, doing so forms a small crater on the stone path.

Asurmen lands back on the ground safely and dramatically walks slowly towards the crater that Chrysalis created. Bruised, beaten down; and in her own blood, Chrysalis tries to get back on her feet. As the dust settles she sees the Phoenix lord tower over like an executioner and all she could struggle say is. “W-what...What are you?” She coughs out blood.

He answers her question. “I am your evils returned to you. I am the justice your victims cry out for. The protector of the weak. The light in the darkness. The Hand of Asuryan. I am the avenger.” Asurmen prepares to make the killing blow but then suddenly.

“Twilight Sparkle!!!” A loud commanding voice called his vessels name and. He stops. One inch from ending a threat and he just hesitated. He tried to kill her again, and again, and again but he couldn’t kill Chrysalis. A flying Celestia hovers down to the ground with a look of discontent. “Don’t kill her, she’s not well.”

“Not well? look around you!” Asurmen yells at Celestia with frustration. “This creature as caused so much destruction on your world and you expect me to let her live? She has to die.”

“I know what she has done I’ve had to witness all of it!” Celestia yells back. “But despite everything she has done please let her live.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s the right thing to do.”

“I’ve just killed her entire army, you expect me to let her live because that’s what heroes do?”

“Yes.”

“This is ridiculous; and you know it.” Asurmen swung his blade a Chrysalis again in an attempt to finish what he started, he hesitated again. He grabbed Chrysalis by the neck, attempts to strangle her but his body wouldn’t let him. And so instead he threatened her. “Listen; and listen well. I shall let you live, but if I see your face again I will wash my hands with your blood. Are we clear.” Chrysalis nods her head in panic. “Good. Now get out! You coward.” He tossed Chrysalis to the ground and she begins to fly away so she could lick her wounds.

Once she’s out of sight Asurmen felt a pounding headache, he loses control over his hands and they took his helmet off. Twilight Sparkle gasps for air, her heart is racing and her arms are shaking. She looks around and sees her mentor Celestia behind her. She then asks with a heavy heart. “What did I do?” Her body fell limp to the ground and her eyes see nothing but darkness.


two days later

At Ponyville hospital In the middle of the night, Twilight Sparkle wakes up with a sweat. She breaths heavily like she had just woken up from a nightmare. She calms herself down and looks at her surroundings; and she sees that she’s in a hospital bed with wires and tubes sticking out of her. She places her hand on her head and feels her broken horn is all bandaged up.

Right beside her is a heart monitor showing her heart rate and right now it shows that it’s at a normal pace. Also beside her are some flowers and get well cards on the table. Twilight picks up a card and it read. ‘Twilight, hope you get well soon, from Pinkie, Rainbow, Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack. P:S do you want some cake when you get out of the hospital, if so what flavour do you want?’ That letter brought a smile on Twilights face and a tear to her eye.

Twilight wipes away the tear and hers a voice coming from the corner of the room. “So you’re finally awake.” The figure comes out of the shadows and it is a strange creature that’s tall as her, it’s almost transparent like a ghost, it’s wearing a white robe to cover its body, its eyes are shaped like almonds, its hair is long and black; and it has pointy ears.

The sound of Twilights heart monitor beeps faster, she moves further away from the creature but she’s trapped to the confines of her bed. Both the creature and Twilight are face to face, she asks. “Who are you?”

He speaks with a quiet yet commanding voice and says. “I am Asurmen. First of the Phoenix lords; and you are going to explain how you broke free from my control.”