• Published 2nd Nov 2021
  • 779 Views, 21 Comments

Blood of the Phoenix - Violet_09



A strange set of armour has been found in the land of Equestria; and with it comes a prophecy. A prophecy has been told in secret, a prophecy that is set in stone and is already in motion. A Phoenix rises.

  • ...
4
 21
 779

Prologue

“Lost in the vastness of space, the craftworlds float in utter isolation like scattered jewels upon a pall of velvet. Distant from the warmth of sun or planet, their domes gaze into the darkness of empty space. Inner lights glisten like phosphorus through semi-transparent surfaces. Within live survivors of a civilisation abandoned aeons ago amidst terrifying destruction. These are the Aeldari, a race that is all but extinct, last remnants of a people whose mere dreams once overturned worlds and quenched suns.”
- codex Eldar


Planet Equis: M31

Laethala my love. I don’t know if you’re still alive, but if you are; and If you’re reading this, then these may just be my final words I write, if not... If not, then it’s best to document what I’m seeing right now before my eyes.

We have been fighting the mon-keigh for almost ten months on the world of Equis. The Mon-keigh have sent their ‘space marines’ to fight this battle, and they’re winning. The craftworld of Saim hann has come to assist the Exodites on this planet but the space marines of the World Eaters legion have decimated the majority of them all in the name of their Emperor. That man doesn’t even deserve the title.

Ahh but I’m going off on a tangent now, This fertile land that used to be a paradise teaming with all walks of life is nothing but an ashy waste land. Our fallen kin lay scattered and their decaying bodys may hopefully bring life back to this world if the damage isn’t permanent. What am I saying? The damage is most likely permanent; and if life were to come back, a scar will be left on this beautiful world, a scar that can never be healed. I don’t remember Why we came here in the first place.

I went off on a tangent again didn’t I? Back to the point, we’re making a final stand against the space marines and to hopefully win if its possible, but I doubt it. Never the less, I’ll always love you Laethala. I do hope that I get to see you and our unborn child again, hopefully in better circumstances.
- your love Balesen

I sigh in worry as I finish writing. “I hope you’re still alive out there Laethala.” I say with concern. I look over the Dire Avenger armour I’m wearing to make sure everything is on properly. The blue armour is similar to the standard issue guardian armour, however this armour is stronger than guardian armour. I have a helmet with a black and yellow crest on the top; and I have a shuriken catapult as my weapon. It’s an elegant weapon that’s designed to lay down a withering stream of fire over a short distance, severely punishing any enemy foolish enough to enter the kill zone.

“Balesen!” Dunvar calls for my attention. Dunvar is also an aspect warrior, he is a Dire Avenger like me but he’s older than me and thus he has experience in battle. “It is time.” He says. I say nothing back to him, I only nod.

I put on my helmet, grabbed my shuriken catapult and followed Dunvar to the rest of the Aeldari force. “I’m prepared for our last stand Dunvar, I will die for this planet.” I tell Dunvar.

Dunvar stops walking. He turns to me and says. “There has been a slight change of plans. We are leaving this planet.” No, this can’t be right. I have to fight for planet; not leave it behind like a mother bird abandoning its children when a predator is nearby. And Laethala may still be on this planet I can’t just abandon her either. “We’ve done what we came here to do Balesen, there shall be no last stand my friend.”

“Why?” I asked. “This planet is home for the Exodites, we promised to save this planet for them we can’t just leave it behind!”

“Look around you Balesen! This planet has gone through hell, there’s no saving it. Even if was possible to save it we’ll all die trying. Best thing we can do now is to save our people.” I can’t argue with him, he’s right. This world is doomed to die; and the mon-keigh have caused all this needless destruction for their Emperor. Damn that man, I damn that man to burn in hell.
“Now come, the Farseer is expecting you.” We continue walking.

Later we get to the Aeldari force. The main bulk of our army is mostly guardians and Exodite civilians. There are plenty of Wraithguards along with a Wraithlord, a squads of Dire Avengers with our Exarch; and Farseer Fiacha Yrath, she is in command of all of us and answers to almost no one; we have to listen to her if we want to live. We wouldn’t have survived for this long if it wasn’t for her leadership.

Farseer Fiacha senses us drawing closer and then she spoke. “There you are! You do realise that you’ve wasted a lot of time writing that letter of yours!”

“Forgive me Farseer.” I said. “I’m just worried about Laethala. She’s been missing for days now and I’m worried she might be dead.” I explain to her.

Fiacha’s mood shifted to be more dour and perhaps saddened. “She’s alive Balesen.” I smile with relief knowing that the love of my life is still alive. “However,” Fiacha continued. “We don’t know if she’ll live for very long.”

“What do you mean?”

“Balesen, haven’t you been told? She is suffering from a mortal wound and she is going through labour.” What? she’s going through labour now? No no no no; not now. And she’s suffering from a mortal wound on top of that? By khaine why now of all times? “Our medics are trying desperately to keep her and the child alive.”

“Where is she?” I express my concern for her whilst holding back my tears. “Where is she?”

“Laethala’s is back at Saim hann, she is safe now. I suggest next time don’t bring a pregnant Eldar to a battlefield!” She says in a condescending tone. “You were lucky that I was there to rescue her from the mon-keigh.”

“Forgive me Farseer!” I pleaded. “I haven’t seen her in months, I had to see her again.”

Fiacha paused for a moment, I notice her clenching her fist trying to hold back her anger. “Remove your helmet; aspect warrior.” She commanded me. I did what I was told and I removed my helmet, and once I did I was met with a hard slap to the face. “You are an irresponsible child!” She said in a cold tone. “She’s pregnant for Kaine's sake!”

“I know, and I’m sorry.” I pleaded again.

“Sorry is not enough Balesen.” She spoke so harshly that I even the exarch was disgraced by my actions. “After all this Balesen, once we get home you are not don this armour ever again, ever! You are a disgrace to the Dire Avengers, and to your own kind.” I feel ashamed with myself, I don’t even think I’m a worthy for Laethala’s child or Laethala’s love. “Speaking of which our transport has arrived.” Fiacha stated.

I looked into the sky and see a red aircraft vehicle that is large enough to take us off this planet. It has sails on the back of the ship and it’s more rounded at the front. I can’t remember the name of the ship, but it’s definitely made by Eldar. It lands on the ground near us and the hatch doors open up, revealing an Eldar.

I would’ve shoved them off as the pilot of this vessel but they’re not. They have a male physique with armour similar to a dire avenger with a black and white crest on their red helmet, but that’s where the similarities end. This ‘Dire Avenger’ has the symbol of Asuryan on their chest, a white tabard between his legs, a red cape and a banner on their back. The red helmet has a white face on it with glowing green eyes. And as for the weapons; he have master crafted shuriken pistols on both arms and a sword. This Eldar looks like a Dire Avenger but they’re not, that’s the mythical Asurmen, the Phoenix lord.

As Asurmen walked onto the decimated land Farseer Fiacha yelled at him. “About time, we sent a distress signal out months ago!”

“And I answered the call, only to find you retreating like cowards!” Asurmen responded. Asurmen’s voice is distorted and echoey it sounds unnatural but it’s clear enough to understand him. “I suggest you ready for battle Farseer. The enemy still needs to be dealt with.”

“Battle? Too late for that, we need to get every Aeldari of this world!”

“Why?” Asurmen scoffed. “The people of this planet can fight for their home, they’re not incapable.”

“I’m not suggesting they’re incapable.” Said Fiacha. “I’m saying they’re the only living Aeldari that’s left on this planet.”

Asurmen turned towards the guardians and Exodites, he analysed them for a moment before saying. “A hundred Eldar remain?” There was a hint of sorrow in his voice. “How could you let the happen?” He questioned Fiacha.

“It was inevitable I’m afraid, we couldn’t avoid this much loss. Even as I foresaw these deaths I couldn’t stop it.”

“Then why in the name of Khaine did you come to this planet in the first place if you knew you was going to loose?!” Asurmen yelled.

“I did it for the sake of our species, not only to save as many Aeldari as possible but to summon a lost Craftworld back from Immaterium.” Fiacha explained to the Asurmen. He seemed to be confused by that justification, there is no Craftworld trapped in the warp.

“Which Craftworld?” He asked curiously.

Fiacha only responded to his question with a single word. “Altansar.” Asurmen wanted to know more so he let Fiacha continue. “Craftworld Altansar has recently been dragged into the Eye of terror, we believed the solution to getting it back out is on this planet. But as you can see our mission was in vain right from the get go.”

Asurmen sighed in fustration. “This day just keeps getting better and better.” Asurmen said sarcastically. “How can it get any worse?” A large explosion can be heard in the distance; in fact a few of them can be heard. And they keep getting closer and closer. Suddenly an artillery shell crashed near the Aeldari force and it detonated.

Pieces of rubble flew as well as shrapnel, the bits of rubble caused little to no injury however the shrapnel killed seven Eldar guardians. Their spirit stones now have their souls in them. “Get these Eldar of this planet Farseer!” Asurmen ordered. “Me and my Dire Avengers will hold these Imperial dogs back!”

“Take the Wraithguard with you, and good luck Phoenix lord.” Said Farseer Fiacha. “You heard the Phoenix lord! Get on that ship!” She instructed both the guardians and the Exodites and one by one each Eldar got aboard the ship. “And can Someone quickly grab those spirit stones?”

“Listen, we need to by some time for the Craftworld to leave this system. So we’re the distraction, none of us are going to make it out alive.” Asurmen said to us. Asurmen then went up to the Exarch that’s in charge and he asked “Exarch is your squad ready?” The Exarch nodded and we readied our weapons with synchronisation. Asurmen turned toward the rest of us. “Now let us face our enemy, you’ll all fight the mon-keigh head on with me.”

“But that’s suicide!” I exclaim out of order. “We may die before we reach the World eaters, how are we even going to hold them back long enough for the others to escape?”

The Phoenix lord unsheathed his blade and said calmly. “Cut of the head of the snake, so the body will wither.” He then charged towards the world eaters force. The other Dire Avengers along with the Wraithguard and Wraithlord follow him without hesitation, I on the other hand stayed back for a moment and looked back toward Fiacha. She is just about getting the last of the Eldar on the ship, she notices me but she refuses to even look me the eyes.

It doesn’t matter though, I only need to say one thing. “Take care Laethala for me!” I yell to her. She still refuses to look at me; However I do see her nod slightly. The doors of the transport ship close and the ship fly’s off into the void of space.

I catch up with the rest of the aspect warriors, we continue to run for some time until Asumen stopped. We hear angered screams mixed in with a hint of unbearable anguish, the World Eaters are charging towards is. “Fire!” Asurmen ordered and we immediately fire our weapons without hesitation. The shuriken catapults fires a burst of one hundred almost microscopic shuriken's. The shuriken's kill the first few world eaters running towards us with their barbaric melee weaponry, their limbs get sliced spewing blood everywhere on the battlefield.

Then Asurmen sends in the Wraithguard, the Wraithguard run at high speeds with ghost axes in hand. They cleave the World Eaters that try to challenge them, they hack off the marines body parts into large chunks of human flesh. They’ve managed to thin the horde of these marines but it’s as if each marine they slay ten more take its place. And then the World Eaters send out their dreadnought.

It’s a large dreadnought with a bulky body, it has a claw for close combat and a gun that has four barrels for the bolt rounds to fire out off. This weapon fires its bolt rounds and these bullets absolutely decimate the wraith guard. The Wraithlord dashes in the fray to distract the dreadnought, both warrior vessels fight with ferocity like two predators fighting over food. The Wraithlord breaks the gun of the dreadnought leaving it without a long range weapon, but the dreadnought bashes its claw against the Wraithbone of the Wraithlord. The Wraithlord staggers and the dreadnought used this opportunity to rip the Warithlords head off its body. The dreadnought crushes the head with its claw in victory.

Even though our squad of Wraithlords are defeated we continue to rapid fire but there’s just too many of them. The space marines eventually manage to swiftly break thorough to our firing line with brute force and sheer will to destroy us. Roaring with rage alone one of the world eaters tried to maim me with his chain axe, I dodged his attack and fired my gun at the space marines neck, this sliced the marines clean head off and the marines body fell limp as its neck continues to pumps blood.

I fire my weapon rapidly trying to kill any World Eater I see in sight. Me and the other Dire Avengers continue to fight like this for sometime until the leader of this force of world eaters decided to show his face. This world eater had no shoulder pauldrons or armour covering his arms, he has a face of a barbaric warrior, he has no hair but he does have wires coming out of his head like the rest of his force. His weapon of choice is a crude twohanded chain axe that has the blood of his enemies on its teeth. Asurmen challenges the leader to a duel by pointing his sword at him, the leader sees this and accepts this challenge.

The warlord activates his chain axe and gave out a bloodcurdling scream “For the Emperor!” The World Eaters warlord screams. Both opponents rush towards each other ready to strike, The warlord swings his chain axe across trying to hit the Phoenix lord but Asurmen doges the attack by doing a triple backflip over the warlord. Asurmen landed behind the warlord and strikes his sword though his back, the sword goes straight through the warlords power armour and destroys only one of its hearts.

Asurmen takes his sword out of the warlord but the warlord grabs Asurmen and throws him on the ground. “Dishonourable xenos!” The warlord insults and punches Asurmen in the chest with brute strength. He was about to punch again but Asurmen grabs the warlords hand and breaks his index finger of his hand. The warlord roars in pain.

“Imperial dog!” Asurmen insults back. He then kicks the world eater with both of his legs, this launches the world eater into the air for a moment. He landed face first into the dirt and Asurmen insulted him even further. “You’re like pathetic child, who wants to break everything it sees.” The warlord swiftly gets back on his feet and he wildly swings his chain axe at the Phoenix lord in bloody rage. However Asurmen doges his attacks with elegance, he then fires his shuriken catapult that’s on his arm and it slices the warlords right arm.

Despite having his arm sliced off the warlord still carries on fighting, he now wields his two handed weapon with one hand. Asurmen stabs the warlord in the belly, but the warlord grabs Asurmens arm and headbutts him, Asurmen staggers and the warlord tries to chop his head off with his chain axe. However, the Phoenix lord swiftly bends his back to avoid the chain axe and he then manages to break the warlords weapon by cutting it in half with his sword.

I believed that Asurmen has won this battle when suddenly Asurmen was kicked in the chest and he lands back first against the ground. The warlord grabs Asurmen by the neck with his left hand and breaks it, the Phoenix lords arms fell limp and the warlord drops his lifeless body. But the Phoenix lord died with his weapon in hand.

The Exarch ordered us to retrieve his body but one by one the Dire Avengers died in horrific and brutal ways. Dunvar, my friend got punched through the chest and he died drowning in his blood, others died swiftly and I hope painless. But the Exarch struggled get to the fallen Phoenix lord, he continued to fight whilst surrounded by space marines. he killed twelve marines single-handedly before a world eater ripped his legs from his upper body, spilling the Exarch’s guts everywhere.

My comrades souls now lay in their spirit stones, while I still live; and I’m too terrified to move. I feel useless against this horde, I feel like I’m gonna break down and cry like a coward. I feel the warm barrel of a bolt gun behind my head, the looming marine behind me asked. “Any last words xenos?” It’s the voice of the Warlord that killed Asurmen, but it’s a more calm and collected voice.

“I have a child waiting for me, p-please spare me.” On the brink of tears I plead for mercy like a coward.

“There shall be no mercy for the alien.” But then I hear a rage filled voice form the warlords communicator. “Yes Angron the planet is now taken for the emperor.” He is now speaking to his gene father. “What are you saying, we abandon this planet?” he asks in confusion. “Why are we going to Istvaan three?” The world eater growls to himself whilst I prepare to flee. “Fine we’ll head back, there’s only one last xenos to kill anyway.” I then run whilst he’s distracted I ran as fast as I could, but hear bolter fire screaming towards me. But the only thing that is screaming in my head now is, I’ve failed the Dire Avengers, I’ve failed my Craftworld, I’ve failed Laethala and our child. I have failed!


Equestria: M41

This is Equestria. A feudal world of peace and prosperity, A land of friendship and harmony. A world teaming with life, it is completely different from what it once was. However there is sentient live here with all types of animals, rabbits, birds, and even the insects of this planet have some form of sentience. But one species is the dominant life form on this planet and that species is ponies.

They’re anthropomorphic creatures with hooved feet big enough to keep them balanced on two legs. And human like hands that are meant for grabbing objects and performing tasks that are either complicated or simple. some members of this species have evolved wings for flying, others have evolved horns to indicate they have psychic abilities. But only three extremely powerful ponies have both wings and horns.

In an apple farm near town a called Ponyville, three little fillies are in their treehouse. There’s a Pegasus named Scootaloo, a unicorn named Sweetie Belle, and an earth pony named Applebloom. All three of them are thinking about which cutie mark they’re going to attempt to gain today. “Alright crusaders any of you got any ideas?” Applebloom asked.

“Umm, baking?” Said Sweetie Belle

“But we tried that last weekend remember.” Scootaloo reminded Sweetie Belle

“You know what they say, three times the charm” Sweetie said positively

“It’s been seven times actually, so please try to think outside the box this time.” Scootaloo told Sweetie Belle. “I don’t want to set fire to Mr and Mrs cakes kitchen for the thirteenth time in a row.” The three fillies shudder from being reminded of those ‘incidents.’ The crusaders continue to ponder for a minute or two before Scootaloo blurted out. “Archaeology!”

“What?” Questioned Applebloom. “Scootaloo I thought you weren't into that sort of ‘nerdy’ stuff?”

“Yeah but, remember that girl named Petunia Paleo and how she got her cutie mark by finding flipping dinosaur fossil in her back yard. And not just a small stone with a small bone in it, but a God damn entire pony-saurus!” She said with a lot of interest enthusiasm. “I know Archaeology is not the exact same as palaeontology but I thought we could try something similar.”

“So you want to find weird artefacts in ponies back gardens?” Asked Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah.” Scootaloo replied.

“Okay lets try that.” Said Sweetie Belle

“Then it’s settled.” Applebloom declared

“Cutie mark crusaders archaeologist’s!” All three shout excitedly in unison. The three fillies immediately ran outside and into the barn owned by the Apple family, they took shovels, trowels and some brushes without permission. And they went to dig through random ponies gardens.

Later however, The three crusaders walk back to the Apple farm with used tools in hand. they have dirt covering their clothes, hands and faces. They’re empty handed and full of disappointment, except for Sweetie Belle; she may not of gained her cutie mark but she’s happy that she found an ancient purple gem. “Applejack gonna kill me once she finds out that we destroyed multiple gardens.” Applebloom muttered.

“Same with my aunts.” Scootaloo empathized with Applebloom. “We’re probably gonna get grounded for a month or two.”

“Well on the bright side we now have the chance to get our gardening cutie marks.” Sweetie Belle chimed in.

Scootaloo and Applebloom looked at Sweetie Belle with confusion towards her positive attitude. “Sweetie Belle you do realise that’s going to be our punishment right?” Scootaloo stated.

“Yes but I see this as an absolute win.” Sweetie smiled.

“Whatever let’s just- ahh!” Applebloom was about to say something but she tripped over something, she dropped all the tools in her hands and scraped her knee. “Ow!” She yells in pain.

Sweetie Belle went to pick Applebloom up from the ground “You alright Applebloom?” Asked Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah I’m fine.” She said. “I just tripped.” She stopped and looked at what she tripped over. She tripped over a dirty blue rock that’s covered in dirt. She tapped her hoof on the rock with curious intent, the noise it made an almost silent metallic clang. “Rocks don’t make that sound. Do they?” Applebloom questions herself.

Applebloom picked up her shovel and started to dig. “Applebloom please no more digging I’m tired of digging.” Said Scootaloo. “Lets just go home please.” She begged Applebloom.

“Come on Scoot I think we might’ve found something this time.” Applebloom says as she continues to dig. Sweetie Belle grabs a trowel and starts digging with her friend, Scootaloo groans in frustration and reluctantly helps her friends. As they dig, the rock that Applebloom tripped over is a knee joint that for a set of armoured legs. The fillies filled with curiosity kept on digging.

After twelve minutes of digging the three fillies unearth a strange set of armour. The armour is completely covered in dirt but strangely it doesn’t seem like it has any signs of rust, it neither has any imperfections to it either apart from chipped blue and red paint if you look close enough. It has a sword in hand but it’s almost hard to tell because it had dirt all over it. The armour has a helmet, but the helmet has a face of a strange creature and it has a completely ruined red cloak that’s been ripped to shreds.

“Yes, Yes, YES!” Applebloom cheered with joy. “We finally found something!”

“What about my gem that I found?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“That’s still just as valid even though it’s really small.” Said Applebloom. This made Sweetie Belle feel really cheerful. Applebloom then went up to Scootaloo to ask. “So what do you have to say?”

“Sorry I doubted you.” Scootaloo Apologised to her friend. “No lets see if there’s a dead body in there.” Scootaloo thought morbidly. She quickly went over to the armour and grabbed the helmet with her hands.

“No wait.” Applebloom pleaded to her friend not to take the helmet off, but it was too late. Scootaloo removed the helmet from the body and when she did the crusaders saw a crystallized skull of a creature that’s completely alien to them. The crystallized skeleton crumbled into dust as soon as it was exposed to the surrounding environment.

Creeped out by this the crusaders was gonna run away and leave the armour behind. But then out of nowhere all three crusaders hear a whisper in their ear. “I’m only thirty centimetres from your location!” Whispered the mysterious voice. The children slowly turn and see a tall and lanky creature, it wears a black trench coat, gloves, boots and leggings that have blue and neon pink diamonds on its right. The creature wears a white mask that has a pointy nose, pointy ears and a large smiling grin. “Start running.” it says to the crusaders. The crusaders scream with absolute horror and run away to their homes as fast as possible; leaving the armour and their tools. The entity laughed with joy as it hears the screams of naive children. “Welcome back Phoenix lord, you have a lot to catch up on.” The entity speaks to the seemingly lifeless suit of armour.


Two days later

Canterlot castle, home to Princess Celestia and her younger sister Luna. They’re overseeing preparations for their niece’s wedding, the wedding Princess Cadence and Shining Armour will be in a couple of days and the preparations are almost complete. All that’s left now is cake, the wedding dress and for the quests to arrive. “See Luna this wasn’t so bad was it.” Celestia said to her younger sister however, Luna rolled her eyes and remained silent. “Luna I know you don’t like weddings but this will be the first time you’ll get to meet your niece.”

Luna has been has been complaining all day, she hates weddings; but she hates helping to prepare for a wedding even more. “I know dear sister,” Luna spoke. “but couldn’t I see my niece under better circumstances and not during a wedding celebration.”

“Really Luna I don’t understand why you distain weddings.”

“Oh you wanna know why?” Luna then began to list a few of the things she dislikes about weddings. “They’re expensive, they take too long, everyone puts on a smile whilst also talking behind the bride and grooms back, the dresses are only worn for one day and then immediately placed in a wardrobe to be covered in dust and spider webs. Shall I carry on?”

Celestia scoffs at Luna’s reasons. “Sister I hope you don’t ruin Cadences wedding, this is an important day in her life; and I don’t want you to upset her,”

“Tia you know I won’t ruin this day for her.” Luna commented

Celestia continues. “And I don’t want you to speak ill of her fiancé”

“I wasn’t going to.” Luna said. “Tia I promise I won’t ruin the wedding, I pinkie promise.”

“Thank you Luna.” Celestia thanked her sister. “And I promise it will be over and done with in two days.” Unexpectedly an earth pony named Raven Inkwell enters the room, she looks as if she has some troubling news for the two reigning monarchs. “Ah Raven Inkwell what a pleasant surprise, what brings you here?” Celestia greets her assistant.

“Princess Celestia, Luna; please follow me.” Raven said to both princesses. “We have made a shocking discovery that you need to see.”

“What is it?” asked Celestia

“I’ll explain on the way, now please follow me to the artefact room.” Raven told the princesses. The two monarchs walked along side Raven inkwell as she begins to explain what she has to show them. “Two days ago three fillies unearthed a set of armour near the Apple farm. The Aerologists that were sent to look at it found it strange to say the least.”

“What’s so strange about this armour they found?” Luna questioned.

“It’s strange because it’s not Equestrian origin.” Raven stated. Luna looked a bit confused with that statement but Raven continued. “It’s not even made from steel or iron, it’s light weight but tough as nails, and well. It’s hard to describe, you must see it for yourself.”

Soon the three ponies make it to the artefact room where they have all manner of treasury, from ancient weapons to ancient scrolls almost all of equestrian history regarding the two sisters are stored here. But there’s one artefact that stands out the most in this room and that’s the new addition in the room. It’s the strange armour that the cutie mark crusaders found a couple of days ago. It’s now cleaner than before but it’s still has slightly chipped blue and red paint, the cape has been restored to it’s former glory and it’s clear now that it also has of what looks to be weapons on its arms.

“What is this?” Celestia questioned.

“We don’t know princess, no creature in Equestria wears this type of armour, not even ponies from ancient times.”

Celestia and Raven continue to speak about the armour however, Luna can’t hear her sister speaking. All she can hear is a quiet alien voice in her head that just keeps saying the same words over and over again. “The Rhana Dandra, the Rhana Dandra, the Rhana Dandra.” Those words just echo over and over, it’s almost maddening.

“Luna?” Celestias’ voice calling her name brought her out of her trance. “Are you okay? you look ill.”

“I’m fine sister,” Luna reassured her sister. “I just need to rest.”

Luna left the artefact room and walked towards her chamber, but as she walked down the hallway she felt an ethereal presence loom over her. It made her feel something she has never felt before; and that’s dread. It made her feel anxious, her breathing has increased dramatically and her eyes dart around the room looking for the thing that’s watching her. Once she finally got to her room she tried to get herself to calm down.

She sees a shadowy figure in the corner of her eye, she turns her head and sees an unfamiliar ghostly figure. The creature has a female body type, it has purple and blue diamond shaped markings on the left side of its body, it wears a bright green robe as well as featureless helmet on its head covered by the hood of the robe, bright yellow gloves and it holds a staff in its right hand that has an unsettling smiley face on it.

Luna gathers herself and speaks to the creature with confidence. “Ah! at last you see fit to announce your presence.” She says to the entity.

“The children of Twilight bleed in the void, the stars weep for the murder to come.” The entity spoke with an echoey voice.

Luna gets closer to the Shadowseer and asks “Can you only speak to me in riddles?”

“Chaos bleeds from the Dathedian, death stalks from the dark city. They wish eternal slumber on the sleeping.”

“What are you saying? Speak normally at once creature!” Luna demanded from the creature.

“No!” The Shadowseer cried as it zooms to Luna and grasps her hands on the Princess’ head. “The time is spent! See for yourself! The phoenix is rising! The phoenix is rising! The blades of the dark city clash with the children of Khaela Mensha Khaine, the assassins of the shadowed master meets the hand of Asuryan.” Images from an ancient prophecy flash before Luna’s eyes. Warriors clad in blue armour fight against a dark and depraved militia of sword bound warriors in dark armour whilst a figure wearing the armour that she saw earlier go against their dark master. “A Phoenix will Rise! A Phoenix will rise! A Phoenix will fall! A Phoenix will fall!” The entity disappeared into thin air, it’s laughter can be heard still in the room just for a moment.

Luna sat down on her chair with her hand on her head due to a pounding headache after seeing the prophecy. Suddenly there's a knock on the door. "Luna," it was just Celestia checking in on her sister. "May I come in?" She asks politely.

"You may enter." Luna groans in tired tone of voice. Celestia opens the door and sees her sister suffering with a terrible headache, slowly and carefully Celestia enters the chamber she sits next her sister.

With concern for her little sister Celestia asks. "What's wrong Luna?"

"A prophecy has been told to me dear sister," She begins. "one that is set in stone and cannot be undone for it's already in motion and this prophecy only brings death and ruin. A Phoenix rises."

"Luna what are you talking about?"

"I-I’m, not going to make it to the wedding sister. I need to make a visit to the library."

“The library?” Celestia questions Luna. But Luna got up and began to leave the castle however Celestia intervened and says “No, no no! I forbid you to leave this castle, you promised you’d be at this wedding!”

“I know I promised sister, but the fate of our world might be at risk!” Luna argues back. “War is coming, I know because something just told me, it spoke of a prophecy and I need answers.”

“Then search for the answers in the vaults of the castle so you can still be apart of your nieces important day of her life.”

“That vault doesn’t have the answers I seek.” Luna told her sister. “I’m sorry I-I wish could explain more but this war could happen any day now, so I need to go immediately.”

“Damn it Luna, you just want an excuse to not attend the wedding, just admit you don’t want to go!”

“No I don’t want to go, I’d rather die than attend any wedding. However I had to go to this wedding to finally meet my niece for the first time, you really think I’d want to miss this opportunity? No I didn’t, I would not leave this castle unless it’s important. And this is important.” Luna made her argument clear, she sighed and continues talking. “Tia I have to go the library, because there’s a chance that it has the answers I’m looking for.”

“Fine! You can go!” Celestia gave in. “But do note that once you return to this castle you have to do all my royal duties for a week as punishment.”

“It’s a deal.” Luna agrees and shakes Celestias’ hand. “I’ll see you in a few days.” Then Luna continues to walk down the hallway and shout’s. “Serfs! Prepare my armour!”

As Luna walks away Celestia is a bit upset with this turn of events and can’t help but worry for her younger sister. But that worry soon turned to dread as she felt a cold presence behind her, a hand is placed on her shoulder and something whispered behind her left ear. “A Phoenix rises princess, and your world will burn.” the voice giggled and Celestia turned around to see them but nothing was there. But laughter of twisted humour can be heard throughout the castle.