• Published 2nd Nov 2021
  • 780 Views, 21 Comments

Blood of the Phoenix - Violet_09



A strange set of armour has been found in the land of Equestria; and with it comes a prophecy. A prophecy has been told in secret, a prophecy that is set in stone and is already in motion. A Phoenix rises.

  • ...
4
 21
 780

Chapter four - Saim hann

Saim-hann: Ten thousand years ago

Above the now desolate world of Equis lies the Craftworld of Saim-hann, a vast planet sized space craft that houses remnants of the Aeldari species after their empires fall. It is made from a Psycoactive crystal known as wraithbone and it forms the entire ship. It can travel at sublight speeds and entirely avoids using the warp to travel long distances through the Galaxy and they instead use the webway, it’s safer and arguably more efficient. It is heavily defend to the point where regular Aeldari citizens are trained for combat. And it’s only one of many craftworlds.

Each Craftworld has a different culture from the other. Beil-tan has more Aeldari that follow the path of the warrior than any other Craftworld and they fight in more wars. Ulthwe has more seers than other Craftworlds due to its proximity to the eye of terror, However it has practically no aspect warriors so their citizens are trained even harder for combat. And Saim-hann are one of the first Craftworlds to escape the fall and thus have a very similar culture to the Exodites, they place honour higher than anything else unlike the rest of their kin, but they are a prideful Craftworld and this pride has led them to conflict with other Craftworlds. And most of all they have a high number of jet bikes so much so they prefer hit and run tactics, yet that doesn’t mean they’re not tactically flexible.

Yet this is a dark day for Saim-hann, they have lost one of the maiden worlds, They have refugees; and they’ve lost too much of their warriors. So many are dead and so many are injured. The Aeldari on the Craftworld are already prepared to provide medical care to any injured Eldar. And as the shuttle full of Eldar docks itself onto the deck Saim-hann, the Farseer known as Fiacha Tarvil is ready to assist any injured Eldar off the ship, but she needs to get to one of the nearby medical centre as fast as possible. She needs to keep a promise.

Once the doors of the ship open she helps a few injured Exodites and Guardians off the ship and the medics take them off her hands. Once the injured Eldar are in safe hands Fiacha runs to the medical centre as fast as she possibly, She’s running in the direction of the nearest hospital where Laethala is held at, she hopes that Laethala hasn’t succumbed to her injuries and that her baby is healthy. Fiacha knows she isn’t fast enough to get there in time and so she uses her psychic powers to hover herself in the air and move at a faster pace.

Although she isn’t hovering at breakneck speeds she was still fast enough to get to the nearest hospital, Despite being a strong Farseer, Fiacha still has trouble hovering long distances, she hopes that she’s made it in time. The building is made entirely of wraith bone, its decretive halls have runes, symbols and even the god Isha engraved into them; and you can even spot some spirit stones as well. These hospitals are not ran by payed doctors, it is almost run by volunteer work, they do not wished to be payed for Eldar see no use for currency.

One of the Aeldari staff members of this facility comes up to Fiacha. He’s an Exodite from a different world, tribal tattoos cover his face, he wears a red and purple cloak with runes written on it. The doctor asks. ”Do you need any assistance Farseer?”

“Laethala. Where is she? is she safe?” Farseer Fiacha questions.

The doctors face seems saddened all of a sudden, as if something terrible has happened, he gently puts their hand on her shoulder and tells Fiacha some terrible news. “Farseer when you found her and brought her to us she was barely able to breath. The astartes bolter shot straight through her chest and destroyed some vital organs. We’ve managed to keep her stable but we don’t know how long she’ll live for.”

Fiacha is on the verge of crying her eyes out, however she must remain calm and collected, she is a Farseer after all. “And what of her child?” She asks.

“Healthy, and lucky to be alive.” The doctor answers. “And of course we’ve already made sure that the child has been imprinted to a spirit stone. She who thirsts won’t harm them.”

This is good news to the Farseer, yet this is still a very dire situation for she’s about to loose a friend. “May I see her, may I see Laethala?” Fiacha pleads.

“Yes you may. But I warn you Farseer, this is the last time you may ever see her alive.” The doctor warns the Farseer. “So are you sure you wish to see her?” Fiacha nods; and with the decision made the doctor tells the Farseer politely. “Please follow me, I shall lead you to her quarters.”

The Farseer follows the doctor down the decretive halls of the medical centre to the deathbed of Laethala. Her injuries are so grievous and so brutal that it’s impossible for her to survive them, the right side of her torso is missing and she’s only being kept alive by machinery that acts like a lung so she can keep breathing. And not only that but she’s missing part of her heart as well, her body lives long enough because her soul want to, However she won’t live for much longer. Her face remains untouched, she still looks beautiful even on the verge of death, her brunette hair is long but only up to her neck, her eyes are wide awake and aware of the world around her yet they don’t make her look as if she’s in pain anymore.

“Laethala, you have a visitor here to see you.” The doctor announces to Laethala but she doesn’t respond, it becomes clear to Fiacha that her friend is in shock after what has happened to her. The doctor sighs and says. “I shall leave you two alone now,” He then whispers with sadness in their voice to Fiacha. “let us know when she passes.” And walks away.

Fiacha slowly walks towards bed and kneels besides her. She has no idea what to say, sorrow clouds her mind, just seeing her friend in this condition is extremely heart breaking, it feels like something is ripping her insides out when Fiacha looks at her. Given enough courage Fiacha attempted to speak, however Laethala spoke first. “It wasn’t his fault.” Laethala’s voice is calm an soothing. “I know you punished him, but don’t put all the blame on him. We both agreed to meet each other on the planet, we missed each other.”

Fiacha calmly speaks back. “Then you were both reckless, you both should've known that you couldn’t have come to a warzone pregnant. But that’s not why I’m here.”

“Then why are you here Fiacha?” Laethala questions.

“To keep a promise.” Fiacha answered. “And to see a friend one last time.” She carefully held Laethala’s hand and continues speaking. “Remember when the three of us used to be good friends, when we had each others back no matter what. Remember when Balesen confessed his love to you before I could even bring the courage to do so. Remember when we chose our first paths, you chose be a poet and Balesen became a baker before becoming a Dire Avenger.”

“And you became lost on your path, you are truly dedicated to the seer path.” Laethala smiles. “I remember you used to be a trouble maker when you was a child.”

“I know, I just grew up. I had to” Fiacha says. Laethala begins coughing violently and blood spurts out from her mouth. “Please stay for a bit longer, I need you now more than ever.” Fiacha begs her friend.

“You don’t need me, and you know I can’t continue living.”

“What about your child? They need a mother to take care of them.”

“You can always put my soul within a wraith guard.”

“But you won’t be the same.” Tears drip from Fiachas eyes.

“Then Balesen can take care of them.”

Fiacha paused with regret in her heart. “No he won’t.” She begins. “Balesen sacrificed himself for the Craftworld, I doubt he’s even alive at this moment in time.” Laethala feels depressed with this news, she believes her love is dead and now she feels like she can’t continue living even if she survives her injuries. “He says he loves you; and he always will.” Fiacha fulfils her promise.

“I know, and I love him.” Laethala says with tears beginning to form. “Fiacha, we both know I don’t have much time, so I want you to look after my child.”

“But I’m a Farseer I can’t just look after a child.”

“You can, I know you can.” Laethala tells Fiacha before she starts violently coughing again, but this time it’s even worse, she can barely breath. “Just be there for them...please.” She begs before she releases her final breath and her spirit stone glows bright blue.

Fiacha gently takes her friends spirit stone before standing up, she holds the gem in both hands and whispers to it. “I will my friend.” She leaves the room to inform the doctors of Laethala’s passing. She died of her injuries in the end, but it is believed that she died of heartbreak.

Afterwards the Farseer bursts into tears in a private area of this hospital, if she could scream she would but she doesn’t want attract anyone and let them see her in this weakened state. The only one who’s seeing her like this is Laethala’s soul within the spirit stone.

Suddenly sounds of a crying baby can be heard nearby, this causes Fiacha’s eyes to stop tearing up yet she’s still emotional. She wipes the remaining tears dripping from her face and follows the source of the sound. And the sound is coming from the child she promised to take care off, it’s small and precious, it’s covered in a red blanket and it has a spirit stone near it. The child is all alone in the room, not many Eldar can have children due to the reason of there’s not many spirit stones on the Craftworlds, they’re only found on dead Craftwords or even crone worlds consumed by the warp because they’re quite literally Isha’s tears, tears of a god who’s mourning her own children. This fact alone servery limits their population growth.

Fiacha holds the crying child and cradles them to calm down. “Shhhh, I know child. I miss her too.” She comforts the child as best she could. “Don’t worry, I’ll be there for you.” The baby quiets down, and sleeps.


Saim-hann M:41

A young Aeldari warlock on the path of the seer in a peaceful state of mind can be seen meditating in his quarters. The seer in question is named Idrath Tae, they are around two thousand years old and for Eldar it is seen as young. Their eyes are a bright green, they have short light brown hair and they have a large noticeable scar on their left cheek. They’re wearing Red robe with small white shoulder pads, the robe has a golden crest with a spirit stone in the middle of it, in fact they carry a few spirit stones so they can enhance their power, underneath the robes is standard issue guardian armour for some level of protection.

As for weapons Idrath carries a witchblade, a psychically-attuned weapon that a meant for those who walk the path of the spear. This weapon can even cut through toughest of power armours or cleave tanks in half, Idrath also has a regular shuriken pistol for their foes that are too far away. Like any Warlock Idrath has a warhelm by their side, it enhances any psychic powers when they wear it, but they aren’t wearing it now, they’re too busy floating in the air meditating.

Meditating clears their mind and soul and helps them focus their psychic powers, they are at peace. Suddenly an Eldar calmly bursts through Idraths meditating room. “Idrath.” The voice calls and interrupting Idraths peace. The voice was from a Spirit seer known as Maurayar Braie, Idraths partner on the battlefield. “The seer council request your presence.” He informs.

Idrath sighs and says. “Tell them I’m busy, this meditation is important if I’m to achieve great power to my psychic abilities.”

“But Idrath the council requested you specifically, it is significantly more important than this.” Maurayar argues. “It’s about the prophecy.”

He now has Idraths attention, they floats down and goes back on their feet; and turns to the Spirit seer and asks. “What prophecy?”

“I’ll cut to the chase, it’s about the Phoenix lord; and I have no Idea why but the council wish to speak to you about this.” Maurayar tells Idrath. “Now please get to the council.” He commands the Warlock. Idrath scoffs at the idea of visiting the council, but in the end they agreed to see them.

Idrath walks to the councils chamber down the decretive wraith bone hallways and enters the council. The room is fairly large and underneath a glass dome, where you can see countless stars and a million worlds. The council itself are sitting in chairs that look like marble and the chairs are high up so they can look down upon their audience. There are five Farseers and three warlocks, they are the ones who make decisions to insure the Craftworlds survival. Idrath bows before the council because this is what is expected of them.

“Idrath Tae.” The head Farseer speaks. His name is Hrythan Eochyoc, he is the oldest and wisest of Craftworld Saim-hann, however he isn’t as old as Eldrad of Ulthwe. His cloak is covered in all sorts of runes and his warhelm has large antlers on each side of it. “We have summoned you.”

“And I heed your call.” Idrath replies. “Why have you summoned me?” They ask.

“I have foreseen a terrible fate.” The Hrythan Began. “Warriors from the dark city of Commoragh are preparing for an assault on our home that we cannot avoid, it is said this is the start of an ancient prophecy where the Phoenix lord Asurmen rises to defend us.”

“This is good, he has been missing in action for quite some time now.” Idrath says

“I’m not finished Idrath.” The Farseer rebukes them for interrupting, he then continues. “If however, Asurmen falls once more, then Drazhar the master of blades will lead the assault and leave no survivors, only slaves to torture for his dark overlords. It will be the end of Saim-Hann.”

Heeding the warning, Idrath begins to understand why the council has summoned them. “What do you wish for me to do?” The question.

“You have three tasks you must complete on the fallen maiden world of Equis, all of which are equally important.” Hrythan issues out his orders. “First there are still spirit stones on the planet that were lost last time we came to defend it, you must make sure you retrieve all of them. Second, we had a mission to bring back the Craftworld of Altansar, if you are up to the task you shall drag it out of the warp. And finally, you must protect the Phoenix lord no matter what. And make sure he finishes the fight. You can use what ever you need to complete your tasks.”

After Hrythan list all the tasks that they need to accomplish, Idrath nods their head and says. “For the Craftworld.” They then begins to walk away from the council.

“Idrath, one last thing.” Idrath turns and listens to what Hrythan needs to say to them. “You were our last choice to pick for this mission, we only picked you because your family has experience with this planet in the past; and not only that but you need more discipline.” The Farseer warns. “And if you truly wish to be a part of this council you will succeed, because if you fail your mission, all the blood of the innocent will forever stain your hands; and you shall not be missed.”

“I understand, I will not fail.” They said with a hint of nervousness.

“You better not.” Hrythan intimidated Idrath. “Or your life would not be worth living.”

Idrath left the room with a sweat on their brow, they now know the stake of their mission and they mustn't fail. And so they must get prepared for the mission ahead, luckily they have plenty of time before the Craftworld reaches the planet. As Idrath was walking back away from the entrance of the seer council they then bump into Mauraya. “So what did they say?” He asked.

“They wish for me to lead the charge on Equis.” They responds.

Mauraya seems surprised by this and understandably so, the last sighting of the Phoeinx lord Asurmen was spotted there ten thousand years ago. “Equis? That’s where your grandfather died, it’s what caused your grandmother to die.” He reminds Idrath of their families history with the planet. “You’re going there? Are you sure you wish to do this?”

“No I’m not.” They say with honesty. “But who am I to question the council? I must do it to save Saim-hann.” Their discomfort of going to the planet brings them to dark thoughts, it’s like the planet is cursed to all Eldar who even set foot on it. And Idrath feel like they’re going to a graveyard filled with lost souls. However they’re not going to cower away from the planet, they must do it for their Craftworld. “And you are coming with me.” They tell Mauraya.

“Of course, but why?”

“There are spirit stone that are lost on the planet and I’m tasking you as the Spiritseer to find them.” Idrath explains. “But we’ll also need some wraith guard; and maybe a wraithlord.”

“I shall do the necessary ritual, to awaken the constructs. Will that be all.”

“No we’ll also need a wraithseer, preferably my grandmother Fiacha.”

Mauraya sighs sadly. “Again, can’t you let her rest?”

“I need her guidance if we are to win.”

“But her soul refuses to get back in that construct, I think it’s time to let her rest.”

“She has had two hundred years to rest, resurrect her.”

Mauraya grumbles quietly. “Fine, but it will take some time to convince her.”

“We’ve got plenty of time, you sort out the wraiths and I’ll get some aspect warriors and guardians.” They both went their separate ways to prepare for the journey. Mauraya went to a part of the Craftworlds infinity circuit where the soul of Faicha lays dormant, he really doesn't want to do this because every time he enters the infinity circuit it gets harder and harder to get out of it. But they need wraith guards if they’re ever going to win the upcoming war. So he places the palm of his hand onto the wraith bone and enters the infinity circuit. His body becomes lifeless and falls to the ground, his soul has left his body.

The inside of the infinity circuit is very peaceful, all Aeldari ancestors are kept in this artificial afterlife so that their souls don’t get eaten by the chaos god who is known as she who thirsts. Each soul has died serving Saim-hann in one way or another, whether they died in battle as they followed the path of the warrior or if they were legendary Farseers of great renown, they all end up in the infinity circuit. Every Aeldari here is at peace, they’re reunited with long lost loved ones, reliving precious memories or even reliving old days of their glory.

Eventually after wondering throughout the infinity circuit Mauraya finds the soul of Fiacha. She is sitting under a tree all alone, she seems happy here yet she doesn’t show it. She’s meditating like she’s searching for someone within the infinity circuit. As Mauraya approaches the soul, Fiacha realises the Spiritseer is close by and she speaks to him. “No, I won’t do it. The Craftworld no longer needs my guidance.”

“That may be so, however it is your grandchild that needs you.” Mauraya speaks back to the soul.

“Then they no longer need my guidance, I have no use to them.” She argues to the Spiritseer. “You should move on and find yourself another Farseer.”

Mauraya tries to think of a way to convince the soul to come fight for the Craftworld once more, and it didn’t take too long to think of a way. “We’re heading to Equis.” Fiacha immediately ceases her meditation. “We figured that you have the most experience with this particular planet; and you can help us with finding all the spirit stones that are scattered on the planet.”

Fiacha paused for a moment and told the Spiritseer. “This will be last fight, after this I am done serving the Craftworld.”

“I make sure this will be your last battle.” The both shook hands, the deal has been made. “Now help me gather the rest and I shall place you in the wraith construct.” Then they both went to search for more Eldar souls to fight for Saim-hann once more.

Meanwhile Idrath went straight to the Dire Avengers shrine of the silvered blade, it is the shrine that their grandfathers served in. Anyone is allowed access to the shrine if they’re on the path of the warrior or are in need of them. The room has many Dire Avengers sparing each other for training, so they are sure that they’re at peak performance at all time, the Exarch watches her warriors fight with honour.

Her name is Avalliath Kien, she is in Idraths opinion the strongest Eldar they’ve ever met on the battlefield, they saw her defeat an Ork warboss single-handedly. She is wearing her armour and helmet, her right arm has a shimmer shield and her weapon of choice is a spear. She notices the warlock enter their shrine and lifts her left arm to signal her troops to cease fighting; and they stop and bow to their opponents.

Avalliath marches to the warlock and knowing what they want asks. “Where’s the fight?”

Idrath responds. “At the lost maiden world of Equis, your Phoenix lord awaits you.”


Equestria

In the town of Ponyville Twilight Sparkle is doing her training, she has been training on the path of the warrior non-stop for a week now; and it’s only getting tougher and tougher. The training wasn’t easy to begin with however Asurmen is trying to push her to her limits and trying to push her boundaries. They’ve been training all day, everyday.

It starts out as marathon at four A.M and she rans thirty two kilometres, and the number keeps getting higher everyday. Then Twilight has a two minute break before she has to start punching trees until her hands bleed or the tree breaks; and it so far always ends up making her hands bleed. Afterwards she has to test her reflexes by running through Ponyville like it’s an obstacle course, and finally Asurmen teaches her how to use his sword, but for now Twilight has to settle for a large stick; and after that she can rest for a while, however they’re not done yet.

Out of breath and sweating tubs full Twilight lays on her bed as the rest of Ponyville enjoy their afternoon. “Asurmen do I have to do this training?” Twilight asked the spectre. “I am barely making any progress.”

Asurmen scoffs at Twilights remark. “Foolish creature, we are doing this because you wish to be in control, So I need to make you strong in and out of my armour, and that means I must break you to your limits.”

“But this type of training is not meant for a pony, I feel like I’m about to die.” Twilight says.

“Good, then you’ll get used to this within a few days.”

“But you keep making it tougher.”

“That’s the point of training, it’s meant to be tough or you’d might as well not even bother.” Asurmen rebukes. “Now do you wish to be an aspect warrior or not.”

“Yes, yes I do. But this is borderline killing me.”

“Sparkle you will not die during the training, I can assure you of that.” He reassures Twilight Sparkle. “You may as well rest for an hour, the next part of the training you won’t like.”

Twilight sighs deeply and asks. “Am I gonna have to go and punch concrete now?”

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Asurmen disputed. “You’ll do that once you beak a tree with your bare hands. Soon you’ll have to meditate.”

Twilight looks at Asurmen with surprise and then she smirks at him. “That sounds very easy, I just have to sit still and do nothing for an hour.”

“I don’t think you understand Sparkle, being an aspect warrior isn’t just about skill, it is also a state of mind” Asurmen explains. “Their is something my kind call a war mask, it make any Asuryani who wear it split their minds to be able to fight without feelings of remorse or mercy and then put it away when they return to civilian life.”

“So you mean that helmet I have to wear?”

“No, a war mask is not physical it’s phycological. And those who cannot separate themselves from their killer selves become Exarchs. They’re unable to go back to society, they will never take of their war mask; I’m only telling you this so you do not become lost on this path.” His voice becomes slightly more sorrowed by this fact. “I’ve seen many aspect warriors become lost on the path, unable to see their children, brothers, sisters, friends. You mustn’t become lost on the path.”

Twilight sighs. “Thank you for informing me that there’s a chance of becoming more of an outcast to society than I already am” She says sarcastically. “Now will you leave me alone, I need some rest.”

“Understandable, don’t forget to drink plenty of water.” Asurmen reminds Twilight before he disappears. Twilight then closes tries her best to fall asleep, today is going to be a very long day.