• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 3,940 Views, 116 Comments

Fluffy Ponies - Lavaman



Fluffeh Pones be fluffin' it up in yo biz.

  • ...
13
 116
 3,940

A Fluffy Shelter Visit

Sunday! The day after Saturday! The day before Monday! If spelled with an 'e', it's a delicious frozen dairy treat! I usually sleep in on Sundays just like my Saturdays. Yet again, the world hates me.

I awake yet again to the sound of tiny, marshmallow hooves banging against the safe room door. Turning my head while still resting upon its comfortable pillow, I look at my alarm clock. Three in the morning. "Why do you do this to me, world?" I say, as I climb down the stairs, to the safe room. I open the door, and there's Yam, as usual.

"What do you want this time, flufftard?" She doesn't take it as an insult, sadly. "Wam aww wonewy in dawk pwace... Nee daddeh to pway wif!" She extends her front legs, while sitting on the ground. I'm getting tired of this bullshit. I simply pick Yam up, and place her in front of my couch, to give her a talk.

"Yam. We need to set some rules, hon. You can't keep waking me up like this every single time in the morning!"

"Bu Wam wuv daddeh! Wam nee wuv and huggies and pway! Wam get aww hungwy an wonewy in dawk pwace..."

I finally see where this is going. From years of working with fluffy owners, they usually keep two fluffies in the house at one time. They only do this for either two reasons:
1. To shut up mares who demand babies.
2. To shut up their fluffies who demand attention.

I pick option number two. I'll get a one month old fluffy mare, so Yam can play to her heart's content. This would also stop her constant banging on the safe house door. That's why I make myself a cup of coffee, and wait for the Fluffy Shelter to open up. Fluffy Shelters are really good, so I've heard, if you're wanting a fluffy. They have a wider range of fluffies to choose from, both age, sex, and breed, and they are way cheaper than pet stores.

After watching a few hours of television, taking a shower, and eating breakfast, the shelter is now open. I dawn my coat and head to my car. I ignore Yam with her babbling of "Whewe daddeh go? Can Wam com too?" and shut the door on her face just like last time. I carefully get out of my driveway, then take the five minute drive to the shelter.

I pull up to the shelter, and step inside. A tired teen goth girl is sitting at the counter. "Hello." she says in a bored voice. "How can I help you?"

"I'm here to adopt a one month old, fluffy mare." I say politely. She opens a door behind the counter and gestures for me to walk through. I do, and she closes the door. My senses are attacked by many things. My nose has curled up from all the shit and piss everywhere. My eyes are watering from the stench. My ears are hit by a volley of babbling, mostly containing the words "Nu daddeh bwing home fwuffy!" My eyes finally stop watering and my nose has gotten adjusted to the stench.

Most places keep their fluffies in cages, but this shelter was special. It kept them in little pens, filled with a floor of hay. To keep them from escaping, red wood that sloped down as it got closer to the bottom divided the pens, while some glass guarded them from the front. Inside each pen was a litter box, food and water bowls, and a few toys. Each pen contained about five fluffies each. These fluffies were all the same age, sex, and breed to ensure that not as many deaths would occur from weak fights.

The fluffies leaned against the glass with their front legs, all babbling away about wanting a new daddy. Each pen had a label above it, saying the pens' content age, sex, and gender. Come to think of it, I think this place was called the Age, Sex, and Gender Fluffy Shelter. The deeper I walked into the place, the younger the fluffies became. At the very bottom were dams or mares who were nursing their foals. I stopped at fluffies who were only one month old.

The one month old fluffies still lingered around their mothers, but had been weaned weeks ago. One family catches my eye. There is a mother who is sleeping, who looks just like that one pony from the show... I think the bronies named her after toothpaste. So, there's Toothpaste and her two foals. One has a white and blue mane like its mom, but with a white coat. The other is entirely pink. All of them are unicorns.

You simply grab the white and blue maned one, and begin to carry it back to the desk. It begins to scream for its mother. "Nuuu! Scawy munsta tak babbeh 'way fwom mummeh! Huuuhuuhuuu!" Toothpaste wakes up from her nap, and begins to bang her hooves against the glass. "Nu tak 'way babbeh! Nee wuv and huggies!" I don't give a shit, though. I'm here for one purpose, and that's to find a friend for Yam.

You bring the fluffy to the desk. "Will this be all?" the teen says in the same, bored voice. "Yes." She gives me some paperwork to fill out. Right as I grab the pen and clipboard, she pulls out a taser. I jump back. "What the hell are you gonna do with that?!?" I say, pointing to the weapon with the pen. "Sir, it's our policy to zap these little fuzzballs' memory out of their heads. This ensures that they will never remember this place or their family." You forgot that's how their little minds work.

When a fluffy gets zapped by something stronger than static electricity, but weak enough so it doesn't kill them, their memory is wiped clean. This was a small secret the scientists who created the fluffies did, for no apparent reason. She places the taser on the fluffy, and presses the button. ZAP! The fluffy's eyes become dialated, then they come upon me. "Daddeh?" it says, cocking its head. Having fished the paperwork and paying the small fee, I grasp the little thing in my arms and walk to my car.