• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 3,942 Views, 116 Comments

Fluffy Ponies - Lavaman



Fluffeh Pones be fluffin' it up in yo biz.

  • ...
13
 116
 3,942

A Fluffy Parenthood

You arrive back at the house, and find both fluffies still in the safe room. They were so busy with their new children, they didn't notice you leave. You think it's time to name them, because your fluffies would give them stupid, uncreative names. Well, you would do that too, but still, you're the goddamn owner.

You walk into the safe room and plop yourself down beside Yam's pen. She is letting her foals suckle, and rotating them on her two teats to give everyone a fair chance. Crest is guarding his family from balls of lint by puffing out his cheeks and stomping his little hoofs. It's adorable how he acts, but he trusts you enough to let you get near Yam's babies and Yam. Yam does too, and doesn't whine or anything when you pick up her babies.

You pick up the first born one, the tan earthie. "Wook babbeh! Dat's daddeh! Daddeh nice hooman who tak cawe of Wam an Cwest an babbehs! Say hewwo to daddeh!" she's smiling because she loves her foals. The earthie chirps for Yam, but Yam knows the baby's in good hands, so doesn't say anything. You check to see what gender it is. It's a girl, and you name it Coral. "Babbeh Cowaw? Wam wuv Cowaw!" she says, as you place Coral in her arms ready to give a hug. Coral chirps happily.

You pick up the Rarity wannabe, and simply name her Rarifluff. Rarifluffy chirps, and you give her back to Yam, who hugs her after putting Coral on her teat again. Next up is the entirely white pegasus, who is a girl also. You name her Marshmallow, as you think she looks like a tiny marshmallow. Finally, is the only boy of the group; a light purple coated pegasus with blue and white mane. You name him Breeze, and give him back to Yam, who loves him unconditionally.
---
Two Days Later
---

A few days have passed, and by now the foals have opened their eyes. They can talk, but only very small words, and they probably barely know what they mean. These words include stuff like "mummah" and "miwkies" and "wuv" and the most common one, "huggies". Crest is still 'guarding' if you would even call it that, Yam's pen. You have told Ian that you are taking vacation from work, which means he'll have to do all your work on top of his work. Sweet revenge for him not really doing anything to you but give you raises!

You spend most of the day in the safe room, taking care of Yam, Crest, and their babies. You've switched Yam's food to another kind of Fluffy Chow that has nutrients that are beneficial to the production of milk; healthy milk, rather, as it will ensure the foals grow up nice and strong. Or at least, as strong as a fluffy can get. It's feeding time for the two parents.

"Here you go, guys. Eat up!" You say, placing a bowl of regular Fluffy Chow in front of Crest, and a bowl of the special Fluffy Chow in front of Yam. "Wam eat nummies fo babbehs! Nummies mak gud miwkies an babbehs gwow up stwong!" Couldn't have said it better yourself. They happily munch their food, while you read a book you picked at random from the bookshelf in the safe room.

After you read about a chapter or so, you hear Yam start to say something to one of her babies. You immediately dismiss it as stupid baby talk. But she doesn't stop, and her cries are getting louder. You finally look up, both curious and ready to shut Yam the hell up, when you notice that Coral has gotten out of the pen! You thought you built the border high enough, but you didn't. Yam gets up, finally, thus making all her foals to fall out of her warm fluff.

"Owwies!" you hear some of the foals say. They learned a new word. Yam has picked up Coral by now, and has placed her on her back to take back to the pen. You get up to make sure the foals didn't suffer anything major, as they are starting to cry. But, you know fluffies can cry if you simply touch them. You do a thorough scan, and even pick up each foal and examine each limb and head. Yup, all alive and fine.

You decide that you'll play with the foals for a little bit; you haven't bonded with them very much at all besides wiping them off when they first came into the world. You pick up Rarifluff, and she smiles and laughs. "Wuv! Huggies!" She says, extending her arms for a hug. You place your index finger in the palm of your hand, and she wraps her extremely small front legs around it. Bawww. You actually think you're dead from a major heart melting. You place her back in the pen.

While you would play with them some more, you notice it's 3:00, and that means your favorite show is on FluffTV. Yup, it's the Fluffy Game Show, as usual. You think the fluffies can manage themselves, and leave them to take care of their foals.

---
One Week Later
---

Reaching one week after birth, and the foals are noticeably larger than they were originally. They now know more words than before, and can easily walk around by themselves instead of crawling. They still chirp occasionally, but that's mostly a thing of the past. Also, they're starting to wean, as you've introduced them to soft, canned Fluffy Chow that's practically a liquid.

"Wuv nummies!" is what Marshmallow said when she first ate her first food other than milk. She was the first to start to wean, and you believe she'll do just fine, and rely on soft food in at least another week or so. The others are a little slower, but they're getting there, as Breeze has begun to investigate Marshmallow's new food source. So, all is good in the world right now.

---
Two Weeks Later
---

All the foals have been weaned now, and happily eat the soft food. Yam was a little unhappy at this, because that means they don't spend as much time with her anymore. She used to be able to love on her foals 24/7, but now she can only love on them when they aren't eating. Crest and Yam are doing fine though, and still love their babies to death.

By now, the foals are about an inch and a half in height, and can be hurt easily, so you are sure to be extra careful when placing their food down. They absolutely adore you, always calling you 'daddeh'. But Rarifluff is different. She calls you 'dawwing' instead of daddy, and doesn't like it when she gets dirty. You guess that's her character's personality showing, and just accept it.

---
Three Weeks Later
---

The foals have dramatically increased in size. They're about an inch taller, from hoof to head, and have now left the pen. You think they are about ready to switch to solid foods in about a week, but they can play with their mom and dad in the play pen. You never let them outside, though. That will be something for later.

Today, you will be taking down the pen, and let them play with their mom and dad in the play pen in your living room. You pick up the foals, as something bad could happen on the way their if situated on Yam's back or in her mouth. The two adult fluffies follow at your heels, while Marshmallow and Breeze are having a blast in your hands. Being pegasi, they believe they are flying. It's extremely adorable. "Yay! Bweeze is fastest fwyah in da sky! Wuv pway fwy!" Marshmallow is laughing too much to say anything.

You place them all in the play pen, and then Yam and Crest as well. The play pen is big enough for you to fit inside, so you do. You take some blocks out and a ball and place them inside. The foals run towards the ball, except for Rarifluff and Coral. Coral wants to play ball with Crest, and she does so. But Rarifluff doesn't do anything. You pick her up. "Rarifluff, what's wrong? Don't you want to play with your brother and sisters?" She shakes her head. "Dawwing, Wawifwuff onwy wan mak dwessies! Mak dwessies fo daddeh!"

It was one of those rare time when she called you 'daddeh'. But you don't know what to do; obviously her character makes dresses or is a fashion designer of some sort in the show. Then, and idea strikes you. You place down Rarifluff, and go to your trusty closet that seems to hold everything in the house. You grab some Kleenex boxes, and some tape that's not extremely sticky. You take this back to the play pen.

"Rarifluff, I got you some stuff to make dressies!" She looks up at you, and positively lights up. She is jumping up at down, and saying "Fank oo, daddeh! Wawifwuff wuv mak dwessies! Mak pwettiest dwessies evah!" You pull out the color Kleenex, or 'material' she wants to use, and lay some pieces of tape out for her. She begins to tape the 'fabric' together, and soon, she is finished with her very first dress.

It's fairly ugly, and probably couldn't even fit on Rarifluff. It is deformed in many ways, and you think there's a bit of poo on it. But you happily accept it, knowing if you don't Rarifluff would be heartbroken. "Thank you! It's the most beautiful dress ever!" you say, as you flick off the tiny piece of poo. "Anytime, dawwing! Wawifwuff mak bestest dwessies fo daddeh!" She begins on her second dress, and you decide to keep this wad of Kleenexes as a keep sake, even if it is shitty.