• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 3,941 Views, 116 Comments

Fluffy Ponies - Lavaman



Fluffeh Pones be fluffin' it up in yo biz.

  • ...
13
 116
 3,941

A Fluffy Introduction

Before we dive into this story, I think its best I explain to you about fluffy ponies. The Fluffy Pony, or E. f. Crinitus was the first species to be made in a laboratory without using selective breeding. By the year 2013, the entire world had come to love the colorful, magical ponies. Bronies no longer hid themselves in fear of people making fun of them. The bronies and pegasisters who loved the show from the start where considered gods and goddesses by the community.

Anyway, it was in October of that year, a small group of biologists, about ten strong, announced to the world that they would recreate the ponies we knew and loved. The world went crazy and followed them on Twitter and gave them donations to help fund the project. The reason these biologists did this was because the community was demanding real ponies to play with and, yes, marry. Another reason is because the biologists had developed a technology called DNA-Species Construction. This technology allowed them to make a new species that would be closely be related to the DNA submitted.

The biologists got to work. Granted, the technology was new and crude, as it could not create a species on the spot without configuration and trial and error. Over the course of four months, the team kept creating species using DNA from equestrians; every time getting close to a finished product. Then, on February 4th, 2014, the team announced from their HQ in Seattle, Washington that they have a finished product. They held up the first fluffy pony; an all white pony with a mane of blue, getting lighter toward the tail. They named her Success, as that's she thought her name was when they said it.

At first, the world wanted a real pony from what the show had; a taller pony with less fluff. But, any further alterations to the model would result in a species bent on taking over the world by throwing cheeseburgers at old ladies. After this news, the world accepted the balls of fluff. They were mass-produced at the headquarters to be sent to pet stores around the world. After a month, production stopped as the fluffy ponies could reproduce on their own.... like rabbits. Luckily, the 'ferals' as they're called do not harm ecosystems in any way. They actually saved some bear populations with their meat. *Shivers*

So what is a fluffy pony? It is an equestrian creature that stand about a foot tall when fully mature. They have a knack for dying in the most easy of ways. Sadly, the internet has made it sound as if they die in a matter of seconds. On average, a fluffy can live for about two years before drowning or doing something else stupid with common household objects. The internet makes it sound like they drown just by looking at a water drop in the sink. But, biologists say they made the fluffies be able to live for twenty years for maximum fluffiness bonding.

Mating season is during spring, usually a few weeks after it gets noticeably warmer. A lie that has run around on the internet is that males die upon the completion of procreation. Ain't true. Another is that females die upon labor. Ain't true. Anyway, they have a litter between two to eight foals. Pregnancy lasts between two and a half to three weeks. When the mother is pregnant for two weeks, she becomes so bloated that she can't touch the ground and must be cared for manually. That's all I'm gonna say about mating. Trying to keep this safe for everyone.

The biologists did their best to make the ponies like their cartoon counterparts. Sadly, there were some complications. They can only speak in baby talk, unable to pronounce 'r' and 'l' and other letters. They can only speak English. Sorry, people in other countries. Fluffies are not very bright either. They can be trained to use the litter box, but they still don't really use it. They will either play in it or crap and pee around it. Like I said before, they are accident prone. That is why a good fluffy owner finds a spare room and gets a "Certified Fluffy Safety Inspector" to come in and make the room safe for fluffy use. Fluffies also only remember positive memories; trying to block out negative ones. An abusive owner that repeatedly hurts the fluffy will be disliked by that fluffy and its herd. There are other cases when negative memories seep through, put then that would make this paragraph way too long.

Another thing biologists did to make fluffies like their cartoonish selves are the ability to gain "Fluff Marks". Like cutie marks, these are gained when the fluffy finds its special talent. This is a rare case, as fluffies are pets and cannot do much of anything useful. On this note, unicorn fluffies cannot perform proper magic. The only magic they can do is make a tiny spark come from their horn, and those are the gifted ones. Pegasi can't fly or glide. Their wings are too small and useless. What are fluffies good at? Being fluffy and adorable. They love to be hugged and they love owners who are nice. They also love to play. This can get annoying for people with depression.

And, that's pretty much it. To recap, fluffies are fluffy equestrians with big hair and stubby legs. They love to play and so on and so forth. Now, let's move on to my story so we can eat biscuits later on, shall we?