• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 850 Views, 28 Comments

One of a Kind - cpthitsugaya



Follow the life of a young Pegasus as he and his friends travel through the years before FiM

  • ...
5
 28
 850

The Intrigue of Canterlot

--The Intrigue of Canterlot--


Hooves shuffling through the deep snow, Lightning and his parents were walking down a crowded street in Canterlot; the castle city, and capital of Equestria. A few days earlier, Sky suggested,

"why don't we go somewhere before we get locked into work for winter?”

“Sounds like a good plan hun!”

The idea was proposed one night when the Chasers were settled for dinner. Interesting, because Lightning had never gone anywhere for vacation before, and didn't know exactly what to expect on his first one.

The sky was a light grey color, with a chilly wind, as winter was setting into the large capital.

“There’s our hotel.” Storm had pointed out. It was a large building with many decorative pillars and glass panes. Leave it to the unicorns to have the fanciest of hotels and stores. As they approached the doors, two unicorns in uniforms had walked up to them and greeted them with hoof shakes.

“Good Afternoon Sir, welcome to the Royal Suites."

Storm had given him a smile and replied,

“thank you.”

They then walked into the building,and noticed something unique; the interior was absurdly fancy. Far, far fancier than anything the pegasi of Clouedsdale could ever come up with. Velvet carpet with gold pillars, and ivy handing down the walls. They even had a band playing classical music on a stage. The Chaser's had a bit of culture shock walking through the lobby, but shook it off, and walked around a large fountain to the mare at the front desk. Storm then stated,

“we have a reservation under Chaser.”

She flipped through a thick book, and found their name near the beginning of it.

“Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs.Chaser. Your room is on the fifth floor, number 512.”

They nodded, as she handed them the room key, and began to make their way up the stairs to their room. Even the stairs had a puffy carpet, that was soft to the hoof. They walked down a long corridor until they reached a white door with a gold plate that was labelled, “512.” Using the room key to open the door, they took a few steps inside, and saw a large white room with two beds, a desk, a small bathroom to the right. They each were stunned by how nice the interior of their room was.

“Well I guess we should go get our tickets to the Hearth’s Warming Eve play, hm?”

Storm nodded and looked to Lightning.

“You want to go see that play?”

He thought about it for a second. A play sounded boring, but it WAS a play that told the founding of Equestria, which involved history. He nodded, and Storm looked back to Sky.

“Alright, let's go find where the play will be.”

They walked back down to the lobby, and approached the attendant once more.

“Excuse me ma’am, but where will this year’s play be?”

She replied with, “In the Canterlot Stage House.” They nodded and thanked her. Shortly after, they were flying around Canterlot, looking for the stage house. The chilly wind, along with a bit of snow flurry made flying a bit more painful, but all pegasi have a natural resistance to cold, due to the constant wind chill from flight. Eventually, they had stumbled upon a large building with many different unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies lined up outside. Coming to a landing, they had taken their place in line for ticket purchasing. Lightning felt a small tap on his shoulder. He turned around, and saw a mare about his size, with a grey coat, orange and black mane, red eyes, and a funny looking hat.

“Hey, how long have you been standing in line?"

Lightning shrugged and replied, “I uh just got here.” He looked away with a bit of irritation. Probably from the long wait.

“Well whatever, since were in line, what’s your name?”

“Uh Lightning Chaser. Yours?”

“My name's Intrigue.”

He nodded and looked at her hat again.

“What kind of hat is that?”

Intrigue looked up and took it off for a second. It had a speech bubble embroided on it.

“Yeah, this is called a ushanka. I bought it when i was visiting Stalliongrad.”

“Wow that’s a long way away.”

Intrigue nodded and said, “I love it there though. Also, without this hat, I couldn't perform any magic spells, or tricks.”

Lightning looked puzzled.

“But aren't you a unicorn? Why couldn't you do spells without that hat?”

She shrugged and placed it back on her head. Lightning now understood why her name was “Intrigue.” She looked back to Lightning and said, “I dont know exactly why, but it just does.” Lightning laughed a bit and shook her hoof.

“Well I hope we can meet again, Intrigue. You're pretty cool!”

“Thanks... I guess.”

Lightning’s parents had turned around and handed him his ticket. It was a shiny gold colored ticket, with the name of the play written across the top. The front doors to the stage house opened, and everypony began walking in. '

“Should be a good play, but they might end up destroying what really happened.” Said Intrigue.

When inside, most of the seats were taken. Knowing they were pegasi, the Chasers all gave up their seats to the unicorns and earth ponies.

"It's only fair, the others won't get to know the awesomeness of flight." Thought Lightning.

As the audience settled in, the curtain of the stage had finally lifted, and a group of mares and colts came out in costumes. The play began as what seemed like a dark beginning, and the three types of ponies were all in fierce argument. The land was barren and hostile, and in solution, they each tried to migrate to a new land. This new land became what is now known as Equestria; however the land new land as well, became barren and hostile while the three groups kept their arguments. However, by settling their differences and keeping a friendly spirit to one another, the land soon became fertile once more, and each group got right to settling. The pegasi built a fine city in the clouds, known as Cloudsdale. The unicorns built a magnificent capital city, known now as Canterlot. The earth ponies each separated into different regions and built flourishing cities, such as Manehatten, Fillydelphia, and Los Pegasus.

In the end, the three groups all settled their differences and became unified under two rulers; or rather, two princesses. We know now the two princesses as our very own, Princess Celestia, and the banished Princess Luna. The whole stage stage house erupted in applause after the curtain had closed, to congratulate a fine performance. Nopony was quite sure if this story is accurate, but it is what everypony chooses to believe. Shortly after, a few Hearth’s Warming carols were played over a band on stage, while everypony began singing.

Three groups unified under one roof.

Storm had taken Sky’s hoof, while Sky had wrapped her arm around Lightning. They had all then began singing along with the others, as they made their way out of the theater. Better to beat the seasonal rush out.