• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 7,462 Views, 525 Comments

Twilight Sparkle the Dragon - PlutoMilo



What if Twilight was the dragon and Spike was the pony? What would happen with Nightmare Moon? Discord? The Crystal Empire?

  • ...
15
 525
 7,462

Royal Order - Canterlot Wedding Arc

Author's Note:

Shining Armor bashing in this Arc. He'll get a redemption in the Crystal Empire Arc (hopefully lmao, I just let my writing take me where it wants, but I do have plans that I'll attempt to follow)
enjoy :)
Edited - 11/10/21

Pinky Pie hummed a joyful tune as she sliced up the cake for everyone. Twilight and her friends were out on a picnic, enjoying the wonderful weather. Currently, she was tuning in and out of the conversation as she read a book while also keeping an eye on Spike as he chased butterflies in the bushes.

Just as Pinky lifted a cake slice toward Twilight’s muzzle, Twilight quickly slammed her book down into the picnic blanket and blasted out letter-fire. The cake and paper plate never stood a chance. Thankfully Pinky’s Pinky Sense warned her a split second before and she snatched her hooves back in the nick of time. There wasn’t even ash to blow away once the flames died down.

Twilight caught the scroll in her claws and sheepishly apologized to Pinky, “Celestia must’ve sent this one in a hurry. Usually, I have some warning before it happens,”

As usual, her friends cringed at Twilight’s lack of title when addressing her mentor.

“Alright, let’s see,” Twilight quickly sped-read the entire letter before outlining it in simpler terms, “We’re being invited to a wedding that’s next week and Celestia wants us to do the preparation work. Flutters, would you be able to teach your bird choir the wedding march?” the pegasus nodded.

“Oh, I can’t believe the Princess wants me to do the bird choir!” Fluttershy quietly cheered.

“She must’ve been super impressed at the Summer Sun Celebration,” Rainbow whispered to her. Fluttershy giggled proudly.

“Pinky, Celestia wants you to host the reception,” Pinky screamed excitedly and cartwheeled over all the foodstuffs on the blanket. Somehow she was able to avoid trampling anybody’s food or flipping any plates.

“AJ you’re in charge of the catering,” Applejack puffed her chest and nodded, looking smug and proud. No words needed to be spoken. Any creature in Ponyville knew that the Apples had amazing pastries.

“Rainbow, do you think you could perform a sonic rainboom after the bride and groom’s first kiss?”

Rainbow Dash gaped, choking on air since she’d been in the middle of a yawn when Twilight spoke. The dragon took that as an affirmative and continued. Applejack thumped the coughing pegasus on the back a couple of times.

“And Rarity, you think you could design the wedding dress as well as the bridesmaids’ dresses in such a short amount of time?”

The unicorn grew still before swaying alarmingly. She began to mutter to herself, her eyes dilating. Fluttershy hastened to catch the unicorn before she collapsed onto the ground.

Twilight rolled her eyes and flipped the parchment over, expecting the letter to go on longer and explain whose wedding it was. She furrowed her eye ridges when the letter didn’t go on except to list all of her mentor’s needless titles. The parchment was flipped back over and once more read.

“My esteemed mentor didn’t think to write down who this wedding is for?” Twilight rhetorically asked, snapping her claws so the parchment did a little dance upon the blanket.

Just as Twilight finished the sentence, another catch behind her throat had her spinning away to spit a second smaller letter out.

Quickly Twilight read the second letter only to freeze in place. The dancing parchment let out a shrill scream and proceeded to set itself on fire. Her friends stared as the screaming parchment continued to burn without any visible damage happening to it. The parchment danced frenziedly and screamed louder when the flames grew bigger.

Twilight crumpled up the second letter in her talons. She ripped it into pieces and then incinerated what was left of it. The parchment continued to scream until it actually caught fire and reduced itself to ash.

Fluttershy started forward and quietly asked, “Is everything ok?” as she draped a wing over Twilight’s scales.

“Why am I hearing about my brother’s wedding from a Royal Order Celestia sent and not from him?” Twilight asked quietly.

“Your brother?” her friends chorused in question.

Spike nestled himself against Twilight’s magenta underplates and she gently carded her claws through his mane. Twilight glared at the distant castle of Canterlot.

“Thanks a lot, Shining Armor!” Twilight spat bitterly, somehow making her brother’s name sound like a curse, “Princess Mi Amore Cadenza? Who in the hay is that?”

“Darling, how come we never hear about him if he’s your brother? You know all of our siblings,” Rarity asked, vaguely waving a hoof in the direction of Ponyville.

Twilight sighed and cuddled Spike closer, “He wasn’t ever really the same after Spike. He grew distant and frankly a little mean,”

Spike’s ears drooped sadly, “I mean I guess he’s busy as Captain of the Royal Guard. But he wasn’t ever the same as when I was a filly,”

Her friends listened closely, sitting beside her. She snapped her talons and animated some twigs and leaves into shapes and continued to talk as the twigs followed her narrative.

“Shining Armor was my only friend when I was little. Back then I was too focused on my studies to care for other fillies my age. He was so excited for me when I went to take the entrance exam at Celestia’s school,” Twilight sniffled, “But when I came back that same day, he was horrified. He nearly attacked me until my dad stopped him. He grew more distant when I had to take care of Spike,”

Spike grimaced but didn’t say anything. He knew not to. The two of them had sat down long ago when Spike was old enough to question why his mother was a dragon and he a pony. That’d been a day filled with run-away emotions and tears.

“Are we still doing the wedding, darling?” Rarity asked hesitantly, “If you don’t want to, none of us will, right girls?”

Everyone remarked positively and Twilight felt a smile stretch over her face despite her anger.

“Yes, we’re still doing it. It was a royal order from Celestia,” Twilight confirmed, “I’ll try not to have my feelings get the better of me. But I will, be talking with him,”

“I don’t think anypony would care if you set him on fire a little, Twi,” Rainbow Dash said in an effort to make her feel better.

Twilight snorted, “I think the bride might have some issues with that,”

She got to her paws and shook herself, “We leave for Canterlot tomorrow morning. I’d assume you all would like to prepare,”

Most of her friends nodded and Twilight smiled, “Don’t let me keep you then. Thank you for the wonderful picnic,”