• Published 1st Aug 2021
  • 628 Views, 4 Comments

Ark: Equestrian Evolved - ThePerverted1EyedBrony



An ARK crossover starring me and my friend, and the main 7 EG. Will we survive? What rules of the game are missing? What in the game, will change?

  • ...
3
 4
 628

Island: Test & Introductions

Island: Introductions & Test

“Uuuug, did someone get the plate on that cake?” Pinkie asks as she slowly awakens from her slumber.

Through her groggy eyes she goes to stand up and feels something on her head, and when she looks up, she sees a stone ceiling.

“Wow…I’m better than I thought,” Pinkie says happily as she then sees her sleeping friends and begins to wake them up.

“Pinkie…PINKIE!” Sunset says groggily as it turns to surprise as she hugs Pinkie in relief.

“The home I built may be small, but I think it’ll be easy to…” Pinkie begins to talk before Sunset gives her a look.

“I think we were captured Pinkie, so now, the question is, what do they want with us?” Sunset asks everyone.

“M-m-m-maybe…they want t-t-t-to see what we…can do,” Fluttershy says nervously.

“I don wanna think this, but maybe, as a worst case, slaves?” Applejack says worriedly but honestly.

“Maybe they know my awesom skills and took us to recruit us into giving us help,” Rainbow says cockily.

“Or dress us in the worst fashion anyone has ever known,” Rarity says dramatically, which causes the girls to give her a deadpan look.

“Experiment on us, or use us to test theories they may have?” Twilight says calmly.

“I think they’re gonna test us and see if we’re worthy of joining them and then we all help each other figure out what happened,” Pinkie says happily as she goes to grab her geode, only for her eyes to widen and she begins patting herself down to try and find her geode, but also finds out, her armour is gone.

“GIRLS! Check your implants, we may have been robbed!” Pinkie exclaims as she checks her implant and finds 2 narcotics.

The rest of the girls check their implants and Twilight finds that she has a blueprint for a cooking pot, and five flint. While Sunset has eight canteens. Applejack has 75 stone. Rainbow has 20 wood. Fluttershy has 15 thatch.

“Girls, have you every heard of a berry that looks like cherries to be called a “tintoberry”?” Rarity asks as she shares what she has verbally with the group.

“Okay…first off Rarity, no. Second off, we have enough to make the cooking pot via the blueprint, so please hand me all but 10 of the wood, the water, and the berries,” Twilight asks as she looks at her friends.

The girls do as Twilight asks and hand her everything she asked for, at which point she focuses on her implant for a few moments, afterwards she turns to Pinkie.

“How do I put it down Pinkie, you were the only one to build anything so far,” Twilight asks as she looks to her friend.

“Well first, focus on the item and the point your non implant hand finger where you want to put it,” Pinkie guides Twilight

Doing as Pinkie instructed Twilight places the cooking pot in the corner. At which point she notices some light coming from a hatch in the middle of the room.

“Girls, I think I found our way out,” Twilight says cautiously to the others.

“Then open it up and let’s git out o ere,” Applejack says happily.

As the girls move towards the hatch Sunset remains near the cooking pot thinking. Before it quickly hits her.

“STOOOP!” Sunset yells as Rainbow goes to open the hatch.

“We we’re about to get out, why ask us to stop?” Rainbow asks annoiedly.

“Step back and I can probably show you,” Sunset says as she approaches the hatch and steps to the side of it, and opens it, showing a long drop and many large creatures eyes look up and start chomping at the hatches direction.

“See,” Sunset squeaks out as she shuts the hatch.

“Point made, but how do we…” Rainbow begins to speak as they hear a voice come from below.


“Ahoy up there! Good to see you’re awake, now, my friend has a test for you, complete it, and we won’t kill you,” the person yells up now standing on the stone foundation that their prison is built on.

The girls open the hatch and see the man has dirty blond hair and is covered in Flak Armour.

“Please don’t kill us,” Fluttershy says nervously.

“I may not want you killed, but he’s smarter than me and has a better understanding, so you have until sunset to finish, and we have your necklaces just in case you were wondering!” The man yells up to them before walking next to the T-Rex and the Rex’s open a small path and let him out.

“Well…we found who is in charge of those things,” Rainbow says surprised.

“T-Rexs Rainbow…those are T-Rexs,” Fluttershy bleets out.

Everyone looks at her in shock before looking back at the large group of Rexs beneath them.

“Okay, so what’s the test? Think it was that?” Fluttershy asks while pointing at the cooking pot, but before anyone can answer her the man comes back to the foundation.

“And the only hint I’m allowed to give you is, You have everything you need to make it and when made, you will have nothing!” The man yells up before walking away once more.

“Okay, so it’s not that,” Twilight begins to think as Sunset hands out the canteens to everyone and holds onto the extra.

“Maybe~…the extra canteen can go into the cooking pot, with the wood, berries and the narcotics in my implant?” Pinkie asks the rest of the group.

“Maybe…WAIT!” Rainbow shoots up and grabs Pinkies shoulders, “Why didn’t your weird Pinkie sense thing warn us about the explosives and knock out gas?” Rainbow asks while shaking Pinkie.

“No clue, it just hasn’t worked since we came here,” Pinkie says calmly while being shaken by Rainbow. But after hearing Pinkie, she reluctantly lets go.

“I reckon that could be an idea, but a’m willin to wait an hear if anyone ere may have a better idea,” Applejack says while looking at the other girls.

“I think Pinkie may be right,” both Twilight and Sunset say at the the same time, before looking at each other, and then smiling as they begin to laugh, at which point the other girls begin to chuckle, as those chuckles become laughter.

“See, I told you laughter can raise spirits,” Pinkie says to a wall then poking it.

”I’ll let this one slide Pinkie because it’s a good message,”

“Yay!” Pinkie says happily as she turns and puts her hand on the top of the cooking pot, look at at her implant, and then puts everything in it. Only for them to hear a crashing sound and turn around to see that their western wall is no longer stone, but a see through glass.

“Yo, thought I’d do this so you can see how much time you got left,” The man says kindly before looking at the cooking pot and smiling and shooting all of them a thumbs up. “I did this on my own, so good luck, cause I want more people here to help get everyone home,” the man says with a smile before flying down to the ground on a large bird.

“Why how nice of him, his fashion sense is positively dreadful, but he is a gentleman,” Rarity says while looking at the rest of the girls.

“Enough about that, how do you plan on…” Rainbow begins to say as the fire under the cooking pot comes to life with Pinkie still holding the top of the structure holding the pot.

“Pinkie, you’re going to…” Twilight begins to say before tripping and catching herself on the wood structure that holds the cooking pot, which causes her eyes to go wide. “It’s not hot? How is that possible?” Twilight then asks aloud as she looks at the rest of the girls.

“Don’t know, don’t care, I just want to cream the guys that…” Rainbow begins to say before Pinkie cuts her off.

“Done,” Pinkie says happily as she takes her hand off the cooking pot and goes to the hatch. “HEY WE’RE DONE!!!” Pinkie yells loudly,

“I didn’t think I’d hear the CRV from Pinkie of all people,” Sunset says as she tries to clear her ears like the rest of the girls.

But after that loud proclamation the girls go and crowd around the hatch just as a new man, with dark brown/ dirty blonde hair walks up.

“Prove it,” is all the new man says in a cold tone.

“Okie doki,” Pinkie says before looking at her implant and the dropping something to the person.

At which point the person picks it up and looks at their own implant as all the girls stay silent hoping they didn’t mess up.

“GET WASD, WHILE I PREP THE WAR ROOM!” is all he says as the girls let out the breath they didn’t know they were holding as they watch a large platform rise up to the hatch.

“Now boarding air WASD, please remain seated until the Quetzal has come to a complete stop,” They hear the man that they were talking with earlier say from beyond the wall. Which causes the girls to laugh a little at his humour as they get on.

As he descends to the ground the girls look around and see a large encampment and look in awe at the variety of creatures.

“Want an aerial tour of the compound?” The man asks.

“Yes please.” The girls say politely.

After saying that they stop descending and start to gain altitude and go towards the large stone walls.

“Our first stop is the perimeter, surrounded by 2 large stone walls stacked on top of each other for each wall, and with 3 exits, those 3 exits are stone behemoth gates with the doors being reinforced,” the man says as he flies the group past each section of the encampment and shows the wall and three exits.

“Next, in this corner we have the Daeodon pen for when we are ready for end,” The man then flies the group over a small pen with three pig like creatures in it.

“Awww, they look so cute,” Fluttershy says as she watches the three Daeodons.

“Not as cute as the only tame allowed inside the base,” the man says happily as he then flies over the entire base and the girls see a wide variety of things.

“Next to the base we have our water reserves, on the other side we have our beer barrel, while next to the water reserves is the green house, the small hexagonal like structure is the Achatina pen, and since they like darkness it’s why it’s covered,” the man says as he points to each location.

“Whoo we, dat dere base of urs seems mighty strong, but what about de creatures roaming around?” Applejack asks.

“I was just about to get to that,” the man calmly replies as he slowly flies to the ground once more, “we have our Baryonxs, Yutyrannus, and the beginnings of our Rex army,” the man says, but as soon as “army” leaves his mouth the girls become nervous just as they all land and all the T-Rex’s begin to head towards them, but the man let’s out a whistle and all of them stop.

“A tour, we’re not here to have fun, we’re here to get home,” the girls head behind them, as they turn around the see the other man with a stern look on his face.

“They need to know the base if they’re going to help,” the other man says calmly as he walks towards the other man.

“…fine…just get them in, and into the war room,” the other responds before turning around and going inside the tower.

“And…there?” Rainbow asks.

“Home base. Industrial forge, massive storage, and nearly everything needed to craft anything,” their friendly guide says leading them inside.

As soon as they enter they see a Fabricator, Smithing Table, a whole wall covered in circular tables stacked on top of each other.

“Up the ladder…” the one man says before the other man comes up behind him and glares at him, “…which I’ll go up first,” the man says before grumbling while going up the ladder.

“Before you go,” the other man says as they approach the ladder, and hands them each their things back, including their geodes, “Your things back, cause once we have the supplies, we’re making you better armour. Now please climb up to the top floor,” the man says calmly but coldly and gives them room to climb.


Once on the top floor the girls see large wooden tables stacked side by side to make a larger table, surrounded with chairs, and on these tables, are all the notes Twilight had.

“Wait, are you the author of the notes we found?” Twilight asks as she is the last up into the room.

“Yes, I am, and if not for the 2 days worth of notes, I may have lost my mind, but I’m thankful to have found my friend here,” the man then surprises the girls by giving a warm smile and patting his friend on the shoulder as soon as he comes up behind Twilight.

“I have so many questions,” Twilight begins to say but the man then gives her a look and begins to walk past them, and sit at the table. Which the girls follow suit and do the sam at random seats.

“Now, first things first, names, I will not give you my real name, I will be nice enough, and give you my online name, which you may call me,” the man says calmly as he looks around the room as the girls all look at him confused.

“Why not your real name darling?” Rarity asks.

“Simple, because if we’re from the same place, I don’t want to end up possibly dying and then you tell my friends and family if you make it out here,” He says calmly but then takes a breath, “the name you may use for now is Cactus,” Cactus says calmly as he addresses the girls.

The other man stands up. “And you can call me Dave, it’s a nickname some of my friends call me so it’ll fit as well,” Dave answers before sitting back down.

“Okay, Dave, Cactus, what was your plan for us if we failed the test?” Sunset asks the two.

“First, we’d use one of you to test the respawn theory, which to simplify, we are stuck in the game ARK: Survival Evolved, so testing if the respawn worked would be nice to know. So we would kill one of you, and then the other would go flying around and see if they found you again, if so, it works, if not, we would know to continue being careful,” Cactus says surprisingly calmly, “and after the theory was tested we would then keep you as extra work to help speed things up,” Cactus says calmly

The girls look on in shock as Pinkie slowly gets up and walks to Cactus and gives him a creepy smile.

“And what changed your mind?” Pinkie asks creepily while retaining her creepy smile.

“Simple, so far, you have proven you’re not useless and aren’t going to get me, or my friend Dave there,” Cactus points at Dave as he says his name, “killed trying to save one of you, and it turns out that we don’t know if the respawn from the game is a thing,” Cactus says sternly not affected by Pinkie’s scary face.

As the girls slowly begin to nod at his reasoning but Sunset gets out of her seat and stands.

“And if we become useless?” Sunset asks sternly but is internally freaking out.

“We drop you, or try to get you out of being useless, it all depends on if we trust each other enough by then,” Cactus remains calm while explaining, “but enough about this, we still need to know your names,” he says cutting off any questions about earlier.

Pinkie is the first to stand up.

“Well, I’ll go first,” Pinkie then quickly decorates the room faster than anyone can blink, and as pinkie takes a breath to speak.

“OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! YOU’RE PINKIE PIE!” Dave excitedly yells like a fanboy.

As soon as those words leave his mouth Cactus looks at Dave like he grew a second head and the girls’ jaws drop, especially Pinkies.

“There’s no way they’re…” Cactus begins to say before the girls cut him off.

“HOW DID YOU KNOW!?” They all yell curiously and confused.

THUD

Everyone turns to look at the thud, and sees Cactus’ head on the table, before repeatedly hitting his head against the table.

“Uh…is he okay?” Rainbow asks while pointing at him.

“Eeeeh…that depends, but before anything crazy can happen,” Dave says before looking at all the girls before smiling, “look into your implants and join our tribe, you’ll gain access to all our tames and items by joining,” Dave says happily as he goes over to Cactus and pats his back.

The girls look at each other before huddling around each other.

“Seems like a good idea, but I’m still worried about Cactus,” Sunset quietly says in the huddle.

“I don’t disagree with ya there Sunset, but how did that Dave feller know Pinkies name?” Applejack responds in the huddle.

“I’m with Applejack on this one, how did he know my name, NO ONE SHOULD KNOW MY SURPRISES!” Pinkie says quietly, even her shout sounds quiet enough for only them to here.

“I think we should. More help means getting home faster,” Fluttershy says quietly.

“And I agree Fluttershy, the more people we have helping the faster we get home, on top of that, I have a feeling they either know more information then they’re telling us, or are going to share that information with us once everything is discussed,” Twilight logically says.

“So, join until we’re strong enough to kick their butts then leave’em?” Rainbow says,

“No, until we know more, we agree, when we have all the information, we can make a better decision, and we take them with us to help them get home,” Sunset says calmly before breaking the huddle and looking at her implant, and accepting the Tribal invite.

Which the girls do as well while looking at Cactus still hitting his head on the table.

“Calm down Cactus, we have nine of us now, so work will breeze right on by,” Dave says while still comforting his friend.

“We’re dead, they won’t do what needs to be done to help get us home,” Cactus replies sternly.

“Well they’re in the tribe now, so all nine of us are gonna be working together,” Dave responds happily which causes Cactus to hit his head on the table hard enough to break it in two.

“…” Cactus slowly turns his head and looks at the girls. “To simplify the reason he knows so much, your world, is a world of fiction in ours, I lost a bet and had to watch everything that was out at the time of the end of season 6. And the only time I “enjoyed” it, was when they pulled another scene from another series called DBZ, into a couple minutes, that was the ONLY, time I “enjoyed” it,” Cactus responds calmly before cutting them off from asking questions, “and I know what each of your necklaces do now, so no reading my mind Sunset,” Cactus says sternly while glaring at Sunset.

Hearing all this they are in shock, but Sunset is looking at Cactus’ glare with a glare of her own.

“…I’m exchange you share any and all information you know, as well as theories you may have that’ll get us home,” Sunset says calmly while keeping her glare at Cactus.

“…only if you agree to do things my way,” Cactus rebukes.

“…girls?” Sunset turns and asks her friends.

“Deal,” they all say.

“Deal,” Sunset adds after hearing her friends agree.

“Then it’s a deal,” Cactus says calmly, “now please sit back down, and I’ll share everything I know, and our theories “ Cactus says quickly to make sure they stay and stick around.

As the girls sit, Sunset doesn’t take her eyes off of Cactus and gives him a mix between a glare and a neutral look.

Dave quickly stands up and gets onto the remains of the table and pulls out a sword, “Let’s get down to business, to…” Dave begins to sing when Pinkie lunges at Dave and hits him with a stick.

THWACK

“No, bad Dave, no ripping off someone else’s work,” Pinkie yells after hitting Dave with a stick,

“…how’d you get the stick?” Dave asks rubbing his head.

“No clue,” Pinkie says happily before throwing away the stick.

“But…but,” Dave begins to say sadly.

“As you always say, but with her name replacing logic,” Cactus says with a shit eating grin plastered on his face, “It’s Pinkie Pie, don’t question it,” he says cockily as if he got some unseen revenge with that comment.

“…fine,” Dave says getting off the remains of the table and returning to his seat.

“Now with that out of the way, we have a few theories, the biggest, and most important one, is which system are we on,” Cactus begins to say.

“We started on a Switch,” Pinkie says happily as she sits back in her seat.

“And we are using my laptop, which can barely handle the game, so until we can test otherwise, we are taking no risks,” Cactus says sternly.

“So what does that mean?” Twilight asks.

“When mutation stacking for the Rex army, we kill off the ones that don’t belong,” Cactus says coldly before all the other girls look at Fluttershy who is giving Cactus a death glare.

“Killing innocent babies is wrong, why would you do that!? You are a heartless monster!” Fluttershy yells at Cactus.

“Well, not the first time I’ve been called a monster, and the reason, if my laptop crashes, we all die, no ifs, no ands, no buts,” Cactus says coldly while looking dead on into Fluttershys death glare.

Cactus and Fluttershy continue to glare at each other for what feels like forever until the girls hold Fluttershy and glare at Cactus.

“How do we find out?” Sunset asks coldly while glaring at Cactus still.

“…” Cactus’ glare looks at the others before letting out a sigh, “the most I’ve been able to handle on my laptop was 50 babies, with lag starting on the 45th one, so I’m willing to test that, but if we start experiencing anything like lag here, we do it my way, if it’s on the switch, we can spare them and keep them as meat collectors,” Cactus says calmly before leaning back in his seat.

“Any more information?” Sunset asks as the girls accept his prior answer and sit down, while still glaring at Cactus.

“We also have three theories on how to escape,” Cactus says.

“And they are?” Twilight asks.

“One, we “ascend” off the island. Two, we beat extinction. Three, we beat the entirety of ARK’s story,” Cactus says lifting a finger for each number.

“And how do we “ascend”?” Twilight asks.

“Simple, we beat the “guardians” of the island, which aren’t guardians at all, they stop people from leaving the ARK that aren’t worthy of leaving, so we need to beat them to leave, and before you ask, we need to beat them at their strongest in case it’s two or three,” Cactus says calmly.

“And who are the guardians?” Rainbow asks.

“My notes already say it, BroodMother Lystrixs, the Megapithicis, The Dragon, and finally the Overseer,” Cactus says calmly.

“And where do we find them?” Sunset asks.

“We don’t, we summon them at the obelisks where they transport up to 20 tames, and ten people, with nine, all of us would be summoned to their arena, the exception is the Overseer, who we have to go through a gauntlet with up to 50 tames and 20 people, and with us nine, we will still be let in,” Cactus says in a teacher like tone.

“And I’m guessing the Rex army is for taking them on?” Rainbow asks.

“Yup, as for mutations, they aren’t like real mutations, ARK mutations give a random colour to a section and boost one stat, so stacking mutations is key for the bosses we’ll be fighting, because if we go in for easy versions, and it’s beat all of ARK, we won’t stand a chance against the end, it’s why I say we need to beat them at their strongest to become as powerful as we all can,” Cactus says while retaining his teaching voice.

Hearing this the girls look at him and reluctantly agree.

“Now, once each boss is beaten they drop a flag, a trophy, which is their head, and one other item, which I will tell you about once we get it, and the reason I want it under lock and key,” Cactus says sternly.

“And why’s that?” Sunset and Twilight ask at the same time.

“Simple version, most powerful gear in the game is made with it, and has massive lore about it I will tell you all when we collect it,” Cactus says calmly.

“So the notes, they were for each of the parts of the game?” Twilight asks.

“Yes, it’s why each note is as extensive as they are, with each one covering a different map, because each story part of ARK is on a different map, where we would all start from scratch once more and have to gather everything from square one, except for our levels,” Cactus says calmly while looking around the room.

“We figured that out. But for the lore, why do we need to know it?” Rainbow asks.

“Because we don’t want history repeating itself,” Cactus, Sunset, and Twilight all say to Rainbow.

“Is that all darlings?” Rarity asks.

“Well they probably have questions about us,” Pinkie says.

“Nope, you are fiction where we’re from, and with Dave being a fan,” Cactus points to Dave who is still rubbing the spot Pinkie hit him on the head, “I can just ask him and he should know,” Cactus says showing a bit of a smile before getting up and handing Dave some food.

“Okay, what about living arrangements?” Sunset asks.

“You can build yours within the walls, but until then, you can stay in here. It just means we also need to prep more,” Cactus says calmly.

“Prep for the bosses?” Rainbow asks.

“Yes, we need each person here to have the best gear we can make, which costs a lot of materials, so we need to work to make two ascendant pump action shot guns for everyone, two sets of ascendant flak armour for everyone, two sets of the strongest armour, two sets of the best long ranged weapon you can get here on the island, the ammo for each weapon, and the supplies to make each piece of ammo and the weapons themselves,” Cactus says as he leans on his chair.

“Overkill much?” Applejack says.

“In our world someone did all this solo with all that…and lost all their tames and had to do the entirety of the Overseer fight on foot,” Cactus says bluntly.

“Point made,” Applejack says.

“Now, with all this, meeting adjourned,” Cactus says before heading down the ladder leaving Dave and the girls alone.

“What’s his problem?” Rainbow says.

“It’s not my story to tell, but it’s how he has to act even outside of this game, no emotion, no love, no friends, he does let it slip out around friends, but since he doesn’t really know you, or trust you, he’ll do what he always does to new people,” Dave says before taking breath and biting the inside of his lip, “be cold and hard on the outside, and when you get to know him, he’s warm, and cuddly on the inside for his friends, and a fighter to defend his friends,” Dave says sternly but happily.

“Thanks, but we don’t really think he’s a good guy, why not leave him and us 8 work together to get out?” Rainbow asks.

“Because he’s saved my life here more than once, and even saved my entire life outside of here, I owe him everything I am, and I won’t leave him behind, even if it was to save my own skin,” Dave says sternly while looking at Rainbow.

“So, cold and hard exterior but warm fluffy inside…sounds like a candy,” Pinkie says happily.

“Trust me, when you truly get to know him and he trusts you, you’ll see what I mean,” Dave says.

“Okay, but for now girls, let’s get to work!” Sunset says happily raising her hand into the air.

“Ya!” the girls shout out and do the same.

End Of Chapter

Author's Note:

Damn, this is the LONGEST chapter I’ve ever written, as this is only the beginning of this story.

Can’t wait to write some more as I’ve been hit, not with an inspiration bomb, but an inspiration nuke. So I have a massive urge to write this story. And will continue to until that raging inferno of inspiration dies down.

And CRV stands for “Canterlot Royal Voice”

The beginning of the song Dave was about to sing was made by Pomp-Neigh with his permission to use it in the joke.

And remember, check some of the earlier chapters to see if any information shown in this chapter has now revealed new things in older chapters.:raritywink::trollestia::moustache:

Can’t wait to see you all during the next chapter. Remember to stay safe, have fun,

:pinkiehappy: And remember to smile!

PINKIE GET OUT OF MY AUTHOR NOTE SECTION!!!

Gotta go, bye. 💨