• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 353 Views, 2 Comments

Another Summer with the Enchantimals - Brian Sheil



New citizens of Everwilde pay Canterlot City a visit

  • ...
 2
 353

6. Ballet with Sarely Swan

Author's Note:

Twilight learns a new activity. Courtesy of Sarely Swan.

In her room, Twilight Sparkle laid down on her bed. She was thinking of what Harshwhinny did to her. This made her very upset.

"Twilight!" Her mother, Twilight Velvet, called. "Somebody here to see you."

Caught off guard, Twilight cautiously walks out of her room. "Coming, mom."

Twilight's puppy dog, Spike, walks with her. When Twilight came to the living room, she sees her mother talking to an elegant young lady. She has white skin, deep purple hair in a bun, she wore a glittery outfit with a short feathery cap. Twilight notices that the visitor has a yellow nose with some black on top. This helped her recognize the visitor.

"Wow!" Twilight gasped. "Sarely Swan."

Sarely stood up and approached Twilight. "Hello. Twilight Sparkle. A pleasure to meet you."

"Miss Swan came over at my request." Twilight Velvet explained. "She is willing to help cheer you up."

"She is?" Twiloght wondered.

"That's right. She has a way to brighten your mood."

Later, Twilight dressed up in a blue leotard. She straps on a pair of basic ballet shoes as Sarely walks in.

"Aren't you glad that the teacher of this ballet school is letting us come here?" Sarely asked.

"I guess so." Twilight replied. "But, are you sure ballet will help calm me down?"

"I'm sure of it. From what I heard, you are a fast learner. You picked up on ice skating thanks to Hauna Husky."

"I guess so."

A swan came along, and nuzzled on Twilight. The intellect was happy to see the swan. "HI, Pointe. Good to meet you."

Sarely escorted Twilight to some bars. "Now then, we'll start with some basic steps. Just follow me."

Holding on to a bar, Sarely displayed some knee bends, and smooth movements with her free arm. Twilight carefully followed her teacher's example. Suddenly, Twilight's eyes opened wide, and she fell to her knees.

"Twilight!" Sarely gasped. "Are you okay?"

Sarely and Pointe rushed over to check on Twilight. The brainy girl started to tear up.

"I'm sorry, Sarely." Twilight sobbed. "My mind went back to what Miss Harshwhinny did to me."

"Harshwhinny?! What did she do?"

"That vicious woman reminded me of what Abacus Cinch did. Forcing me to unleash some magic that made me a vicious creature named Midnight Sparkle."

As Twilight keeps crying, Sarely comforts her. "That moment is in the past. Don't let Harshwhinny force you to let it rule your life."

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Twilight starts to calm down. "Maybe you're right. I guess Miss Harshwhinny is just a pest." Twilight then stands up. "Let's get back to work."

Following Sarely's lead, Twilight starts to improve on her dancing. Twilight does a forward leap. She lands and places her hands in front of her in a prayer pose.

"Bravo, Twilight!" Sarely cheered as she applauded her performance. "You do learn fast."

Twilight gave her teacher a loving hug. Spike and Pointe watched with admiration. Little do they know is that outside of the school, Abacus Cinch watches in secret.

"I never knew my former student was so graceful." Abacus thought. "I admit, Miss Swan makes a fine teacher. Impressive for a royal Enchantimal."