• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 353 Views, 2 Comments

Another Summer with the Enchantimals - Brian Sheil



New citizens of Everwilde pay Canterlot City a visit

  • ...
 2
 353

Prologue: School’s out, Everwilde’s in (Again)

Author's Note:

The summer break begins. And, so does more appearances by the Enchantimals.

The bell rings to end the school year. Everybody is happy. Except for Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Before they left, Miss Harshwinny confronted them, and got furious at them. She reminded them of their guilty past. This left them rattled.

"What a meanie!" Pinkie Pie yelled. "Can't she stop this madness?"

"I agree." Twilight added. "Reminders of our not so great moments is always a bad time."

Suddenly, something tackled Fluttershy. Everyone got concerned. They soon saw that she was cuddling a bunny, a fox, a small deer, a skunk, and a peacock.

"Hey, Flutters." Rainbow Dash said. "Where did these critters come from?"

"I don't know." Fluttershy replied. "But, they're so cute."

Sunset Shimmer looked at the skunk with shock. "Wait a minute. Caper, is that you?"

The little skunk nodded as Rarity soon recognized the peacock. "Flap, what are you doing here?"

Applejack soon recognized the bunny. "Howdy, Twist. Good to see ya'."

The bunny hopped happily as Rainbow Dash approached the small deer. "Sprint! This is a surprise."

Pinkie soon picked up the fox. "Wowee! Flick!"

Twilight analyzed this gathering. "If Caper, Flap, Twist, Sprint, and Flick are here, then that means..."

"You called it, Twilight." Said the voice of a young girl.

The girls soon saw five familiar faces. Sage Skunk, Patter Peacock, Bree Bunny, Danessa Deer, and Felicity Fox from Everwilde. It was Sage who gave Twilight the greeting. As the animals went to their respected friends, the seven girls were shocked.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sunset asked.

"Since it's summertime," Felicity explained, "we of Everwilde are visiting Canterlot City again."

"We made some new friends since the last time we were here." Bree said. "They're probably here too. As well as other friends you probably haven't met yet."

"That means," Fluttershy said excitingly, "new besties to cuddle."

Fluttershy giggled as Sage Skunk approached her. "Easy, Fluttershy."

"Sorry, Sage. I just get excited when I'm around animals."

"Yeah. We know."

Danessa spoke up. "You girls might also meet some Royal Enchantimals."

"ROYAL ENCHANTIMALS?!" The seven girls gasped.

"That's right." Patter replied. "These girls and their besties might remind you of your old home in Equestria, Sunset."

This left Sunset surprised. "No joke?"

"No joke." Felicity replied. "See you guys later."

Felicity and her friends and their besties headed out. This left Twilight with an idea. "Girls, it's time we did some research."