• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 353 Views, 2 Comments

Another Summer with the Enchantimals - Brian Sheil



New citizens of Everwilde pay Canterlot City a visit

  • ...
 2
 353

4. Rise and shine with Falon Phoenix

Author's Note:

Waking up, Applejack has a meeting with royalty.

The sun rises to welcome another day in Sweet Apple Acres. In her room. Applejack's alarm clock goes off. She turns it off, and yawns. She then saw that her pillow case looks a little stained.

Did I cry in my sleep again? Applejack thought, getting nervous. Harshwinny really got me good this time.

She gets out of bed, and looks out the window. Applejack usually likes the view of her home. But, because of Miss Harshwhinny, she just stares out the window as tears roll down her cheeks. Suddenly, she was startled by a knock at the door.

"Applejack!" Said the voice of Granny Smith. "Are you dressed?"

"I still have on my sleepwear, Granny." Applejack replied sadly.

"Don't cry, dearie. Please, don't cry."

"Sorry, Granny. I'm just in a bad mood."

Applejack went down on her knees and started to cry. She was so upset, she didn't hear her door opening, and somebody coming in. The saddened farm girl felt somebody place a hand on her shoulder. After wiping the tears from her eyes, she saw a charming girl with flowing yellow hair with some red in the middle. She wore a glittery flowery designed dress and pink shoes.
Her best feature is a pair of dark pink wings.

"Oh my goodness." Applejack quivered. "Fa-Fal-Falon Phoenix. You're one of them royal Enchantimals."

"At your service." Falon said.

Applejack got shocked. "Huh?"

Falon helped Applejack to her feet.

"I heard that you had a bit of trouble at school." Falon said. "What's wrong?"

"Some vicious lady named Miss Harshwhinny gave me a lot of lip." Applejack replied. "She told me that my work ethics are not to be believed. That struck me so hard."

"Everyone at Everwilde, even on Royal Isle, heard of Harshwhinny. That woman is a real disbelieving hothead."

"That's for sure. Lately, I've been crying myself to sleep."

Falon comforts the saddened farm girl. "You shouldn't take that woman seriously. I think you do well around here."

Applejack was surprised to hear her visitor say that. "Really?"

"No lie. Don't forget, Gillian Giraffe and Haydie Horse helped you out last summer."

Remembering last summer, Applejack started to feel better. "Thanks for the pep talk, Falon. I needed that."

"You're welcome, Applejack." Falon replied as she gives her a hug. "By the way, don't you usually wear a blue onesie during bedtime?"

"Since it's summer," Applejack explained, "it's too warm for my usual onesie. This white nightshirt is lighter and cooler for me to wear to bed."

Apple Bloom comes into the room with a yellow bird on her shoulder. "Hey, sis. This little bird flew into my room and perched on my shoulder. Any idea where it came from?"

Applejack looked at the bird, and smiled. "Howdy, Sunrise. Keeping my sister company, I see."

"Sunrise?"

"He's my bestie, Apple Bloom." Falon informed. "Even royal Enchantimals have besties. Especially the three queens of Royal Isle."

Later, Applejack and her sister went into the barn to relax after working in the fields. They were drinking some water when Granny Smith walked in.

"Feeling better, Applejack?" Granny Smith asked.

"I sure do." AJ replied.

"I guess time with Falon Phoenix and Sunrise helped you out."

"To quote Big Mac, 'Eeyup'."

Apple Bloom agrees. The family feels relieved knowing Applejack is recovering nicely.