• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 353 Views, 2 Comments

Another Summer with the Enchantimals - Brian Sheil



New citizens of Everwilde pay Canterlot City a visit

  • ...
 2
 353

11. Time to sparkle with Deanna Dragon

Author's Note:

Twilight and Spike meet up with a Royal that the Princess of Friendship would love to meet.

It's the 4th of July. Twilight Sparkle looks at herself in the mirror. She has on a blue jacket over a white shirt and a black tie. Twilight also has on a red skirt and black platform shoes. Her jacket is decorated with white stars and her skirt has horizontal white stripes.

"Not bad, Twilight." Her puppy dog, Spike, commented.

"Thanks, Spike." Twilight replied. "I'm glad we're invited to Canterlot State Park for their Fourth of July celebration."

"So am I. I heard that Peeki Parrot and Sheeny will be there."

"Oh yeah! Rarity told me about that Enchantimal."

As Twilight and Spike head for the park, a female voice called to them. "Hi there, Twilight. Hi, Spike."

They soon saw someone coming to them. It was a girl with pink skin and light teal hair. She wore a turquoise top and a purple skirt. When Twilight saw that she has dragon horns, wings, ears, and tail, she realized who it is.

"Spike," Twilight gasped, "it's Deanna Dragon!"

"Deanna Dragon?" Spike replied. "One of the Royal Enchantimals?"

Twilight nodded as Deanna approached the flabbergasted intellect.

"I'll bet you never saw anyone like me before." Deanna said.

"Well," Twilight said nervously, "I met many Enchantimals last summer. Recently, I met another Royal."

"I heard. You met Sarely Swan who helped you learn ballet."

Twilight was shocked to hear that. "You know about?"

"I sure did. We Royals often keep in touch with each other."

Suddenly, they heard Spike yelp. Twilight saw that he was covered with sparkles. They made in float up. Twilight grabbed him as Deanna took out a spray bottle and sprayed the sparkles off of Spike. Thus, the effects wore off.

"Sorry, Spike." Deanna said sadly. "My besties are still not glitter trained yet."

Twilight looked down on the ground, and saw a trio of small dragons, each a different color. She couldn't help but smile at them.

"Aw." Twilight cooed. "Roast, Whisk, and Steam look so cute."

"Roast, Whisk, and Steam?" Spike said. "Pretty appropriate names for young dragons."

Twilight then had a thought. "Are you attending the Fourth of July celebration?"

"Yes, I am." Deanna replied. "Fireworks always sparkle the sky at night."

"I'll bet all of my friends will be surprised to see you and your little friends."

"Especially Sunset Shimmer. I heard that she met one of the queens of Royal Isle."

Twilight's eyes widened hearing that. Later that night, the celebration at the park is going well. All of the guests are having fun.

"You met Queen Unity Unicorn?" Twilight asked Sunset.

"You bet." Sunset replied. "She helped me get over my problems big time."

They enjoy themselves as they see socialite Hoity Toity interacting with the Royal Enchantimal.

"I do hope your besties don't make much of a mess, Miss Dragon." Hoity Toity advised.

"Not to worry, sir." Deanna replied. "I gave each of them cups so they'll have something to spit into."

Just then, the fireworks went off. The sky displayed an assortment of beautiful colors and designs. The people watch with admiration.

"This might give me some inspiration for new clothes to make." Rarity squealed.

"I'm sure it does." Applejack replied.

Twilight walked over to Deanna. "I'll bet my princess counterpart would love to meet you and your besties."

Deanna smiled proudly. "I'm sure she would."