• Published 7th Sep 2012
  • 38,408 Views, 439 Comments

A Canterlot Wedding: Aftermath - Black Kyurem



The magic of friendship was broken once on that fateful night. Will it happen again?

  • ...
53
 439
 38,408

Prologue: Dreams

"You weren't there for me when I needed you most. You all let me down."

"You wished to speak with me, Twilight Sparkle?" Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle had met alone up in Canterlot Tower for a private discussion.

"Yes, Princess," said Twilight with concern. "You see, I'm worried about the threat from the changelings." Although the changelings along with their queen, Chrysalis, had been defeated during the royal wedding, no one could be certain where they were now or even if there were any stragglers remaining in Equestria. Due to their ability to change into any pony they please, it was highly plausible that they could be lurking anywhere. Also, due to all the power of love they absorbed during their time in Canterlot, they were now much stronger than even Princess Celestia herself and quite possibly the combined force of the Elements of Harmony. One could imagine all the concern and uncertainty they had caused.

"What if there are still some left in Equestria? Or what if the ones that were cast out come back? How do we fight a foe that can look like any one of us?" But Celestia just smiled.

"Oh, Twilight. It's really very simple. YOU DON'T!" Celestia's horn and eyes suddenly glowed green. Queen Chrysalis had returned and had been impersonating the Princess herself! But then, Twilight suddenly woke up screaming in her bed in a cold sweat...

Author's Note:

I got the story idea from this comic and decided to create this story based on the possible fridge horror to the episode "A Canterlot Wedding". The idea here is that in Part 1, eight characters abandoned Twilight in her moment of need, possibly none of them caring about what could have happened to her, like if she got hurt or something. In personal opinion, their actions were wrong and Shining Armor was certainly no better off than Twilight Sparkle that awful night. So the plot line of this story is that everything from that night comes back to haunt Twilight, doubled up with her worries over the Changelings returning. Now the dialogue here in the Prologue is exactly the same from the comic, but the rest of my story will be purely original, assuming no one came up with this idea before me. I will also later provide a link to a YouTube video as a means to show another one of Twilight's nightmares, but everything else will be original. Now, if what I've written from the prologue isn't right in terms of standards, then the staff is free to disapprove and such. Otherwise, I hope to bring here a story in which Twilight's friends realize they haven't learned a thing about true friendship so far and struggle to make amends in order to set things right.