• Published 7th Sep 2012
  • 38,288 Views, 439 Comments

A Canterlot Wedding: Aftermath - Black Kyurem



The magic of friendship was broken once on that fateful night. Will it happen again?

  • ...
53
 439
 38,288

Epilogue: True Friendship is Magic

"There's always a difference between friends and true friends."


~ Day 5 ~

Twilight was happy to wake up in the Ponyville library. A brand new day was dawning and she could feel it. But she noticed that once again, Spike had gotten up before her, so she went downstairs.

"Hey, Twilight," said Spike. "Your friends are waiting for you at the Sugarcube Corner. Come on, let's go!" When Twilight and Spike arrived...

"Surprise!!" all of her friends suddenly shouted. Pinkie Pie had set up yet another fabulous party!

"You're the best, Twilight!" said Pinkie Pie. "This party's just for you!" Twilight was touched.

"You didn't have to do this," she said.

"Aw, of course we did!" said Pinkie. "We're so glad you're here to stay!" Twilight came to tears of joy. Later that afternoon, she was back in the library, looking happily out of the upstairs window near her bed.

"Spike," she said. "Take down a letter."

"You got it, Twi!" said Spike.

"Dear Princess Celestia..." And as Twilight narrated her latest letter, she was seen going around Ponyville interacting with other ponies and resuming her daily lifestyle.

"These past few days may have been miserable for me, but it taught me one of the greatest lessons about friendship I could ever hope to know." Twilight is seen partying at the Sugarcube Corner with her friends, along with Mr. and Mrs. Cake and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Friendship is such a wonderful thing, but it can be easy to break apart and hard to put the pieces back together. However, being there for each other no matter what happens can always make a pony feel rest assured, even if it takes being overwhelmed to get somepony to notice your problems." Twilight is at Sweet Apple Acres sampling Applejack's applesauce. She then buys one jar for two bits. Spike is then seen greedily guzzling some applesauce right out of a jar, which makes Twilight and Applejack laugh. Spike, with applesauce on his face, laughs too.

"It is said that sometimes when friends do so many good things that when they do one bad thing, they're showing their true colors. But I learned that this is never the case, especially when friends are truly sorry for their mistakes. And although there's always one or two things that just can't be agreed on, differences make our friendship so much stronger as long as we learn to embrace them and discover what us ponies are truly made of." Twilight is having a picnic with Cheerilee, Fluttershy, Big Macintosh, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. At one point, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are talking, when the Cutie Mark Crusaders suddenly nestle in Fluttershy's mane, making them both laugh.


"I still feel down every now and then. Just thinking about bad times we've had makes me sad, and sometimes I just wish that they never happened because of how much they hurt. But I know this. My best friends will always be there for me... to love me... to comfort me... to show me how much they truly care for me. And they make me happy." Twilight is seen feeling sad in the library, which is likely stemming from the lingering effects of PTSD, and Spike notices. He then gets Twilight to notice that all five of her friends have come for a visit to cheer her up. They all cuddle up and share a group hug. Even Spike joins in.

"I'm glad that I got to learn so much about friendship and how much of a difference it made in my life. And although my friends have been so nice to me, more than ever before, it's actually good to see that some things in Ponyville haven't changed. I certainly wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy. And even though I can't be with everyone I love all the time, I don't think I'll ever feel alone again." Twilight and her friends, including Spike, are all having a picnic together. They then see the Cutie Mark Crusaders running past them wearing their capes that Sweetie Belle made, off to try and find their special talents for the umpteenth time. Twilight just smiles seeing this. The six friends then share another group hug.

"Always, your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." Back in the library, Twilight finished narrating her letter and Spike sent it off using his special delivery dragon breath. The green smoke flew out the library towards Canterlot in the distance.

THE END