• Published 29th Sep 2021
  • 4,589 Views, 371 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk III: Everlasting Family - Mister E-Nonymous



The continuing adventures of Twilight Sparkle, her son, Dusk Shine, and adopted daughter from an alternate Equestria, Nyx, as they go through life living in their newly made castle.

  • ...
4
 371
 4,589

Chapter 8: At the Gala

Chapter 8: At the Gala


Twilight took Dusk and Nyx to Carousel Boutique to get them prepared for the Grand Galloping Gala. In Nyx's original Equestria, the Twilight there didn't take her to the gala because she wasn't sure that ponies would want Nyx there. But in this Equestria, Nyx now has no need to worry, after what Blueblood attempted to do to her.

Dusk was getting a refitting of the outfit he wore for his cute-ceañera. He had his wings spread out as Rarity was making the finishing touches.

"And with that... it is done," Rarity said.

"Thank you, Rarity," Twilight said. She then looked at Dusk and Nyx. "Alright, you two, I'm going to head on up to Canterlot for the Grand Galloping Gala preparations. Spike will be bringing the two of you up to Canterlot tomorrow."

"Okay, Mom," Dusk said as Nyx nodded. Then Dusk got up on his hind legs, and spread out his forelegs and wings so Rarity could take off the outfit.

"There you go," Rarity said, successfully taking off the outfit. "I'll have this packed up for you to take home." Rarity then put the outfit in a box that had his Cutie Mark. Nyx already had her outfit in a box with her Cutie Mark on it. Then they headed on back to the Castle of Friendship.

When they went into the castle, they saw Spike coming towards the door. Spike smiled and said, "Hey, you two. Already done with the fitting?"

"Yeah," Dusk said. "So, what's going to be cooking?"

"I'm actually going to order pizza," Spike said. "And, I heard that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are the plus ones of Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash."

"Yeah," Nyx said. "It would be nice to be around some friends at the Gala."

"That's good," Spike said. "Why don't you two go on and do something while I get the pizza?" Dusk and Nyx nodded and headed to their rooms. Dusk put his outfit on a bench that was placed in front of his bed. He then walked over towards his desk, and sat in the seat that was in front of it. On the wall over the desk, there was a pin board full of pictures, pictures of every good thing that's happened since he arrived in Equestria. He then sighed, hoping that his human sister, Sam, was going to be alright. Just then, there was a knocking on the door.

"Come in," Dusk said. The door opened and Nyx came walking in. "Oh, hey, Nyx."

"Hey, Dusk," Nyx said walking towards the colt. She then looked at Dusk's sad look and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I'm... just thinking... of my old mom and dad," Dusk said. He then sighed sadly. "According to Princess Luna, they had a baby. Time was now different there than it is here. Now my old mom and dad are dead. And my sister is all alone there. And my Aunt Bonnie is probably going to be after her, and treat her how she treated me. I kinda felt like James from James and the Giant Peach."

"Princess Luna got me that book from that world," Nyx said. "Good story. But your parents were still alive then. But now...?"

"Now I feel like when Aunt Bonnie does eventually get her, Sam is going to feel like Cinderella," Dusk said. "I just hope that Sam is smart enough to avoid her."


Earth... Miami Port... Two Days after Joseph's Death...

The Cruise that Joseph and Sam were on docked, and a bunch of people were getting off or on the boat. One woman was walking up the ramp and into the main lobby of the cruise. She then walked towards the front desk.

"Excuse me, my good sir," the woman said. "I am aware that you have my niece on this cruise. And I heard that her father had recently passed away."

"I'm sorry, miss..." the manager said. "But, might I ask who you are?"

"I happen to be the aunt of young Samantha Calvin," the woman said. "I am Bonnie Henderson." The woman revealed herself to be Dusk/Henry's aunt. "I'm just here to pick her up and take her home."

The manager than looked down and saw Bonnie's name on a list of most wanted criminals related to any of the guests. He then pushed a button under the desk and said to Bonnie, "Of course, ma'am. Just... wait right here, and I shall have some people come and get you what you need." He then walked away. Bonnie then sat on a bench, waiting for her niece, who she thinks that she was still on the boat.

If you're wondering how she escaped from prison, she tricked a guard into thinking she was sick, and knocked him out, and leaving him in the prison cell. Then she stole a prison truck and high tailed it out of there. When she heard that her sister, Emma, died, and had another kid, that gave her the opportunity to get a new slave. Then when she finds Sam, she's going to find her son, and then find a place where the three of them can live, and treat Sam like the personal slave.

About ten minutes passed, and the manager came back, with some police men. The manager then said, "There she is, officers." The police men ran towards Bonnie, who was about to get up, but not in time when the police men grabbed her arms. The manager then walked towards them and said to the woman, "You think I didn't know about you? Your brother-in-law had told me about what you have done to his son."

"My brother-in-law told you about that?!" Bonnie asked. "Don't you understand?! I'm the only guardian that Samantha has left in her family. I have to be the one to take care of her."

"Well, that's not going to happen," the manager said. "For some reason, Samantha seems to not be on the boat. Two nights ago, a woman came to the boat and picked her up, and took her away on a helicopter. She's long gone."

"NOOOOOO!!!" Bonnie shouted as the police men were dragging her off the boat, taking her back to prison.

The manager smiled and said, "Joseph, I know your daughter will be alright. Wherever she is going to be."


Back in Equestria... Night of the Grand Galloping Gala...

The Mane 6 and their guests were at the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot. Applejack and Rarity brought their sisters as their plus ones, Rainbow Dash brought Scootaloo, and Fluttershy brought a pony named Tree Hugger. Pinkie Pie wanted to bring the Tri-Pies, but she was only allowed to bring one pony, so she decided to bring her sister Maud.

Dusk and Nyx headed over to where Twilight and Princess Celestia were. Princess Celestia looked down and saw the two alicorn foals and smiled. She then said, "Good to see you two again, Dusk Shine and Nyx."

"Good evening, Celestia," Nyx said with a smile.

"Are you ready to enjoy the Grand Galloping Gala?" Princess Celestia asked.

"This is actually our first time," Dusk said.

"You two go on and hang out with your friends," Twilight said. Dusk and Nyx nodded and headed over towards Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. As they were walking away, they weren't aware that from a balcony above, there was Princess Luna and a foal wearing a cloak.

"There he goes," Princess Luna said. "That young, purple colt was your brother."

"That's Henry?" the foal in the cloak asked.

"That's right, Samantha," Princess Luna said. "But now, he goes by Dusk Shine. Prince Dusk Shine to be more accurate. When he died in your world, he made one last wish. To give your parents another chance to be great parents, and a new family that would love him just as much as any loving family would. And as by pure luck, Twilight Sparkle, who wasn't a princess back then, had come across a flower that not only made her pregnant in minutes, but that foal had become the new vessel for young Henry, who then aged to how old he was when he died."

"Wow," Sam said, still covered up. "He's done so much when being here. Mom and Dad would be so proud."

"Yes... they would have," Princess Luna said. "Now, let's get you back to your room. There's more things for you to learn when you're here." Then the two of them headed out of there. Heading off to a certain room in the castle.


Later in the night, Discord was trying his best to hang out with Fluttershy, trying to get her away from the pony she brought as her plus one, Tree Hugger. Which was actually driving Fluttershy's friendship away with his own jealousy. Then he tried something else. Stand up comedy. Which went crashing down, especially when Maud heckled, making the other ponies there laugh.

One colt that was there wasn't paying attention as Discord's guest, the Smooze, was leaking out of a closet that Discord had locked him up in. The Smooze had eaten every shiny thing in there and started growing.

Twilight noticed it and shouted, "What is that?!" Then the Smooze had spread itself through the entire ballroom. A lot of ponies panicking. Rainbow Dash tried flying out of the sticky mess, but her hooves were stuck. Twilight tried using her magic to subdue the blob, but it did nothing. She then looked up at Princess Celestia, who was partially covered by the slime, and said, "None of my magic works on this ooze! Can you stop it?"

Princess Celestia then tried lighting up her horn, but the tip of her horn was covered in slime, which popped and dissipated Celestia's magic. Princess Celestia then said, "I'm afraid not!"

Discord was then hovering over the two and Twilight shouted, "Discord, how could you bring him here?!"

"Oh, he's not that bad!" Discord said.

Dusk and Nyx were up on the top of the stairs in the room, which was in the highest floor in the room. Dusk and Nyx looked around at the Smooze and Nyx asked, "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know," Dusk said. "That thing's immune to magic. How can we stop that thing?"

Just then, the sound of somepony vocalizing came to their attention, and the Smooze started shrinking back to normal size. The vocalizing was coming from Tree Hugger, who was impressing everypony there. Discord on the other hand, or hoof, was very ticked off. He then snapped. He wanted Tree Hugger gone, and so he ripped the fabric of reality, and on the other side, there was a sock puppet.

"A sock puppet?" Dusk asked. "I remember those when I was four, and human."

Discord wanting to throw Tree Hugger into another dimension was making the Mane 6 angry. Especially Fluttershy. She yelled at Discord to stop. Fluttershy then explained to Discord that she didn't abandon him. Fluttershy then gave an example if Discord invited a chaos bringing friend. Discord then apologized to Tree Hugger, and then they all enjoyed the rest of the Gala.

Twilight, Dusk, Nyx and Celestia were all standing next to each other. Twilight looked up at Princess Celestia and said, "I'm sorry, Princess Celestia. I thought I could give you a break tonight, but it turns out I was in over my head."

"You have nothing to apologize for," Princess Celestia replied. "This has been the most fun Gala in years!"

Twilight didn't get the message when she said, "I know, it was a..." She then went wide eyed. "What?! But there was ooze all over the place! And one of the guests threatened to send somepony to another dimension!"

"I know!" Princess Celestia said with a big smile. "Can you imagine how dull it would have been if I hadn't invited Discord?" Then the two grown ups headed down to the gala. "Come on! Whoo! The night is still young!"

Then Dusk and Nyx got closer together, and Nyx asked, "That was unexpected. Even from my Equestria."

"I am at a loss for words," Dusk said. Then the two of them headed towards the rest of the ponies in the ballroom.


Later in the night, Princess Celestia went to the royal quarters of her sister, Luna. She had a smile on her face as Luna was looking at somepony else that was in the room.

"Is she ready?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Yes," Princess Luna replied. "Samantha is now ready to go out as a filly."

"Samantha," Princess Celestia said. "That name does not seem suitable for this world. I think we need a new name for her. One suitable."

"Of course," Princess Luna said. "We went through a list of possible names for her in this world. And we came to a conclusion. We decided to go with the name... Daylight Savings."

Author's Note:

The votes have been counted, and the pony type that Samantha has been confirmed. Stay tuned for the next chapter.