• Published 29th Sep 2021
  • 4,566 Views, 371 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk III: Everlasting Family - Mister E-Nonymous



The continuing adventures of Twilight Sparkle, her son, Dusk Shine, and adopted daughter from an alternate Equestria, Nyx, as they go through life living in their newly made castle.

  • ...
4
 371
 4,566

Chapter 1: The Sirens Rise

Chapter 1: The Sirens Rise


At the Sweet Shoppe, Twilight, Spike, Dusk, Nyx, Sunset and the human versions of Twilight's friends were there, catching up on everything that happened.

"Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis," Rarity said to Twilight. "There's so much catching up to do!"

"For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player was just askin' about you," Applejack said.

Twilight got excited while twirling her hair and asked, "Flash Sentry was asking about me?!" Then the others gave Twilight a smirk face. Twilight then cleared her throat and asked, "Isn't that nice?" She then sipped the milkshake she was holding.

"Perhaps you would give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?" Rarity asked, anxious to know what else has happened in Equestria.

"Well, a lot of things happened since then," Spike said. "Apparently, after we arrived back in Equestria from here the first time, Dusk became the first male alicorn in our Equestria."

"Wait!" Sunset said, looking at Dusk. "You're an alicorn now?!"

"Even I don't know how that happened," Dusk said. "It was hard for me to sleep for the first week when I got my wings. Even mom had trouble sleeping with them when she got her wings."

"I can vouch for that," Twilight said. "Then later, Nyx here appeared." Twilight moved her hand to let everyone see Nyx. "She happens to come from an alternate Equestria. One where in that dimension, a crazy cult of ponies, who were under dark mind control, tried resurrecting Nightmare Moon and giving her a body of her own."

"Seriously?!" Sunset asked, shocked.

"But the Princess Celestia of that Equestria interfered with the spell and well, Nyx here was the result," Twilight said. "Show 'em, Nyx." Nyx nodded, then she took off her enchanted glasses and showed the girls her real eyes.

"WHOA!! Sunset said. "She's supposed to be Nightmare Moon?!"

"I didn't end up as cruel as the original Nightmare Moon," Nyx said. "But, Princess Luna helped me be the little filly I am today. Although, it cost me most of my magic."

"So how did you end up in Equestria?" Sunset asked. "Well, the Equestria with Dusk."

"I was chased by plundervines in my Equestria as the Twilight of my world was placing the last Element of Harmony back onto the Tree of Harmony," Nyx said. "But then, it cloned me and I woke up in the Equestria you know."

"Wow," said Rainbow Dash. "That's shocking. Must've been tough knowing that you probably couldn't go home."

"Yeah," Nyx said. "But it's not as tough as what recently happened."

"Yeah," Spike said. "Twilight now has an official title." He then did a fanfare. "The Princess of Friendship."

"Wow, that's really impressive," Sunset said. "Guess you really were Princess Celestia's prized pupil."

"She's even got her own castle!" Spike added.

"A castle?!" Rarity asked, making Twilight spill her milkshake onto her blouse. "You have your own castle?!?" She then noticed the stain on Twilight's blouse and tried to clean it up. She cleared her throat and said, "Ooh, uh, lovely."

Dusk then looked at his outfit and said, "Although, something's off. How come we came here wearing the same outfits we came here the first time instead of wearing the outfit we wore in for the Fall Formal?"

Twilight then looked at her outfit and said, "You got a point, Dusk. That is weird."

"I think your original outfit was still at my boutique," Rarity said. "We can talk about that later."

"Good idea," Twilight said. "So, what's new here? I mean, besides your school becoming the target of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria?"

"Yeah, so, that isn't exactly the only strange thing that's happened since you left," Rainbow Dash said, showing a video of her playing the guitar, and her pony parts returning. Twilight was awestruck at that. "Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play."

Twilight was thinking about it and said, "My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High. Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful winged monster!" She then looked over at Sunset nervously and said, "No offense."

"None taken," Sunset said in a disgruntled tone. She then chuckled and said, "I'm used to it."

"They'll never even know what hit 'em!" Rainbow Dash said, standing up. She then did some martial arts moves, surprising the girls, Dusk and Spike. But then her hand was blocked by Applejack's hand.

"We've got nothin' to worry about now that Twilight's back," Applejack said.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I could find something to worry about," Fluttershy said nervously. But then she smiled bravely. "But it won't be the sirens."

"The sooner we do this, the better," Twilight said. She then looked over at Sunset and Rarity. "Any idea where the Dazzlings might be?"

Pinkie Pie was raising her hand and moving it while drinking her milkshake. She then sighed, and then said, "There's a big party tonight for all the bands who signed up to be in the showcase! That would include the Dazzlings."

Twilight looked at Rarity and Sunset, and then grabbed a napkin and cleaned up Pinkie's cheek, which had ice cream on it and said, "Looks like we've got a party to crash." That made Pinkie squee.


Back at Canterlot High, in the school gym, every student there were arguing with each other. Twilight, Sunset, and their human friends were looking around at the arguing students. Dusk, Nyx and Spike were outside of the gym, looking in at all of the students. Dusk then got up.

"Where are you going?" Nyx asked.

"I gotta use the bathroom," Dusk said.

"Ooh, now that you think about it, I have to go, too," Nyx said getting up.

"Hey, wait for me!" Spike said, following the two. "I'm supposed to be watching you two."

Dusk then went into the boys bathroom with Spike following. Nyx was about to go in there, too, but Dusk stopped her.

"Sorry, sis," Dusk said. "This is the boys bathroom. The girls room is over there." Dusk pointed at the other restroom. Nyx nodded and headed into the girls bathroom.

Nyx walked into one of the stalls, pulled down her skirt and panties, and did her business. But when she finished, she heard voices talking.

"Are you sure this is the place where the magic came from, Adagio? This place doesn't seem to have a lot of magic coming from it."

"I'm telling you, I know this is where the magic is. I can sense it. It must be ours so we can find out where it came from, and we will find a way back to Equestria and feast upon all of the magic there."

"Or, we can just stay here and try the tacos. Mmmm."

Nyx was shocked to hear what those girls said about taking magic of Equestria. She slowly and quietly walked towards the door, not letting the ones speaking hearing her or seeing her feet, and she looked through the crack.

"Listen, Sonata, Aria, the Magic of Equestria has spread on to this world, starting at this pathetic school. These humans don't even know how to properly use it. So we're gonna take it from them. One way... or another." The girl talking put her hand on the red gem around her neck, which started glowing. "These Siren Rubies are the only things we have to stay alive, and we only live on through feeding on negativity. And nothing is going to stop us."

What Nyx didn't count on was the auto flush on the toilet going off. The three girls walked towards the bathroom stall that Nyx was in. The blue one looked under to see no one there. She looked up at the other two girls and shrugged her shoulders. Then the sound of the bathroom door closing came to their attention.

Nyx was running back towards the gym and she bumped into Dusk and Spike.

"Ow!" the two called out in pain.

"Oh, sorry!" Nyx said, helping Dusk up. "I saw the Dazzlings! They're here for..." Just then, they heard footsteps coming from the hallway. They saw the shadows of the Dazzlings. "Let's get in there. Quickly." Nyx then pushed Dusk into the gym, while also carrying Spike.


The group was just sitting on the steps of the entrance of Canterlot High. They tried reusing the magic they used to stop Sunset Shimmer's demon form, but it didn't work this time.

"It doesn't make any sense," Twilight said, walking back and forth. "I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before."

"But to defeat me, you drew magic from the crown I was wearing," Sunset said. "The sirens' magic comes from their music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them." Twilight then thought about that and then got a realization. "Or... maybe not."

"No. I think you're onto something," Twilight said, walking up to Sunset.

"Really?" Sunset asked.

"It's when you play music that you transform now, right?" Twilight asked the other girls.

"Yup," Applejack answered. "Ears, tails, the whole shebang."

"So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!" Twilight said.

"You mean like a song?" Fluttershy asked, pulling back her hair.

"Uh-huh," Twilight answered. "And in order to free everyone who's been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it."

Everyone was thinking of a way for the other students to hear the counter-spell. Then Rarity gasped and said, "The band competition! That's the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time."

"Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat," Applejack said.

"And I believe you, Twilight, just became the Rainbooms's newest member," Rarity said to Twilight, the latter becoming nervous. Sunset also felt a little hurt. The other girls were cheering.

"Oh, boy," Dusk and Nyx said in unison.

Pinkie then went up to Twilight and asked, "So what do you wanna play?" Pinkie then held out some instruments and played them. "Triangle? Sousaphone? Theremin?" The first two instruments she played only one note. The Theremin was about three notes. "So magical."

Dusk then looked at Nyx and asked, "Are you okay, Nyx?"

"I saw the Dazzlings in the bathroom," Nyx said. "They're planning on taking the magic that's here, and then finding a way back to Equestria."

"Well, we're gonna have to stop them before it happens," Twilight said. "Anyway, I might take a little too long to learn how to play something with these. I'll just sing."

"Like, as in, lead singer?" Rainbow Dash asked, getting a little upset. "Cuz that's usually my gig. This being my band and all."

"It's our band!" Applejack said. "And, of course, as lead singer. She's the one with the magical know-how to help us pull this thing off."

"Okay, yeah, that's cool," Rainbow Dash said. "I'll just use this as a chance to hone my already insanely good lead guitar skills." She was doing some air guitar.

"It's only temporary," Twilight said. "And we don't have to win the Battle of the Bands. We just have to perform during the first round of the competition."

"Let's get to learning that musical counter-spell!" Rainbow Dash said, getting competitive.

"Well, that's just it," Twilight said, getting nervous. "I don't know any."

"Awww..." Sunset and the human versions of Twilight's friends said in unison.

"But I'm sure I could figure out how to write one," Twilight said, bringing hopes up.

"Totally!" Spike said. "Twilight can write a spell like it's nobody's business. That's pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria."

"She actually got her wings finishing an unfinished spell," Nyx said.

"Started by Star Swirl the Bearded, who was the pony that sent the sirens to this dimension in the first place," Dusk said.

"And there was a little more to it than that, Spike," Twilight said.

"Yeah, whatever, you three," Spike said.

"I got this," Twilight said. Then she picked Spike up. "C'mon." Then she, Spike, Dusk and Nyx headed for the school doors.

"Where're you goin'?" Applejack asked.

"Well, last time we were here, Spike and I spent the night in the library," Twilight said.

"Not me," Dusk said.

"Yeah, that was my fault," Sunset said. "I had Snips and Snails take him and I took him to my apartment. Although, when I had him there, I didn't have him do what his aunt and cousin did to him in his previous life."

"Good call!" Pinkie said. "And no way we're gonna let Twilight and these little cuties do something crazy!" Pinkie then pinched Dusk's and Nyx's cheeks. "We're besties now! Slumber party at my house!"

Dusk got a little nervous and said, "I'll just sleep on the couch when I'm there."

"I'll join ya when it's time to sleep," Spike said.

"Good call," Twilight said. Then they all headed out of there. On the way, Twilight thought of something. "When we got my crown back, how did you know that Principal Celestia had known we weren't from here all along?"

"I think it has something to do with Vice Principal Luna mentioning that she and her sister met a woman that looks exactly like Principal Celestia," Dusk said. "You don't think she meant...?"

"Princess Celestia?!" Twilight, Sunset, Spike and Nyx asked in unison.

"Okay, that would make sense," Sunset said. "Wow, he's smarter than he looks." Twilight nodded as they kept walking away.

Author's Note:

This adventure is starting to get interesting. Now that they reunited with Twilight, Spike and Dusk, and now, Nyx, the human versions of Twilight's friends and Sunset Shimmer now have a chance.